50 Pages123>>Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 6:59:42 AM(UTC)
The time has come to see what level of interest there is for some Hot Lap Competitions.

Each week I will be posting a new challenge, starting tonight 4th December at Midnight GMT.

There will be 2 prizes to be won each week:
* a one off paint for the fastest time posted
* a one off paint for one entrant chosen at random

To qualify for a prize you must post your time in this thread or in the thread on the HLR club site which can be found at www.hlr.club. The design will be created on the car that each entrant runs.

Good luck everyone and drive fast.

For the first week we are off to one of my favourite tracks, guaranteed to drive you all crazy:

Yarra Valley
River Rush Cross Country
A Class
No car restrictions

Event will close at Midnight GMT on Sunday 11th December.

Edited by user Sunday, May 21, 2017 2:11:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 8:08:53 AM(UTC)
I was completely frustrated on this rival of your when you were in easy to beat lambo truck. I could destroy the time but just so many odd bumps and items to upset the car. I literally almost went insane try to get a clean lap.

I'm not a fan of the cross country in general. I may have another crack at it but prolly not going to do well and move on to a scramble, dirt or tarmac circuit or sprint

I'll definately compete in any of those.
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 9:34:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PervasiveFall8 Go to Quoted Post
I was completely frustrated on this rival of your when you were in easy to beat lambo truck. I could destroy the time but just so many odd bumps and items to upset the car. I literally almost went insane try to get a clean lap.

I'm not a fan of the cross country in general. I may have another crack at it but prolly not going to do well and move on to a scramble, dirt or tarmac circuit or sprint

I'll definately compete in any of those.

These tracks are worth persevering with. In the right vehicle and set up the track is very driveable and fun when you get it right. Although it's possible to run in a lightweight vehicle, the track does seem to favour heavyweights. I felt the same way about cross country events at first, but now they are my favourites :)

Give it another go Pervasive, I've managed to put a car in the top 10 on this track in every class, and if I can it can't be too difficult LOL.

We'll probably be running on tarmac next week :)

Edited by user Sunday, December 4, 2016 9:36:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 9:56:00 AM(UTC)
Captain.Slow will give this a shot.

1st try - 3:14.795 on lb in Ariel
2nd try - spin out at 90% in Ram

Edited by user Sunday, December 4, 2016 10:24:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 10:17:15 AM(UTC)
I'll be chasing you Knuckles!! As usual, lol. Gold to see these starting back up Moss!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 10:25:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
I'll be chasing you Knuckles!! As usual, lol. Gold to see these starting back up Moss!!

bring it lol. always fun stuff
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 12:06:11 PM(UTC)
So we can drive what we want, does not need to be one of the main cars?
Quality not quantity
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 1:29:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HandheldBee9 Go to Quoted Post
So we can drive what we want, does not need to be one of the main cars?

Anything you like Bee. I know you like to come up with something different :)
#9 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 1:00:42 AM(UTC)
Do we have to be in your club? I got a 2.47.067 in my ram runner edit:swapped race tranny for stock and added a bit more hp and got it down to 2.44.398 no way Ill ever get below 244 driving an auto although a guy in my clubs got a 2:37.825 in auto hes a freak tho lol

Edited by user Monday, December 5, 2016 8:33:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: updated lap time

#10 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 3:33:20 AM(UTC)
I played around with this, this morning. A very challenging course that I hadn't spent any time at all on. I took a few test runs with the HE Raptor and they were surprisingly clean so I brought out my Raptor '17 and made a few trophy runs. I feel I put up respectable times (2.50:537 - gt - YoungishOcean) but I know I will never be a top 10 leaderboard kinds guy. I know I could probably shave a second or three with a perfect run but every time I try to get really aggressive I screw up somewhere. I may have to try one of those Ram Runners since they kinda dominate the top of the board.

Cross country and dirt are my favorite parts of H3 as they seem to be more forgiving to the radical HP heavy builds needed in H3 than pavement is.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 4:51:00 AM(UTC)
I hate you right now Moss ;)

https://account.xbox.com...-4c2b-9916-3d664ce1dfab
I blame the ants.
#12 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 6:29:54 AM(UTC)
I guess I'll try this out. Not interested much in playing the game anymore but I do like supporting HLR comps.

Idk what I have in A that's good here, but I thinking my overweight lambo truck would be a silly novelty act.
#13 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 7:58:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: evn8r Go to Quoted Post
Do we have to be in your club? I got a 2.47.067 in my ram runner

No, everyone welcome.
#14 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 9:29:11 AM(UTC)
Well, after many a frustrating lap, lol, finally got a clean one at 3:00.013 in my '17 Raptor HE. I haven't got many cars built in this class yet, that aren't more tarmac friendly anyway. These HLC'S are what got me building more cars in 6.

Good times, hope I can close a title more on ya Moss, I'm sitting at #85 at this second while you're at #9 with 2:42.429 I believe. Only 18 seconds to make up, lol!!!

Good luck everybody, have fun!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 9:41:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

LOL, smiled when I watched this clip. I've been there myself and I've also gone A over T over the crest at the start of the clip. You managed (just) to avoid that one 😀
#16 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 10:02:09 AM(UTC)
Well ran numerous dirty laps as today was my first visit to this course, ended up having to back off the gas just to get a banker lap in, the Rubicon should be good for sub 2.40 (had a 2.40.2 dirty) by someone.

Edited by user Monday, December 5, 2016 10:06:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quality not quantity
#17 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 10:47:06 AM(UTC)
2:33.787 in a ram runner running just upgrades so far,choke city at the end as usual XD
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
#18 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 10:49:18 AM(UTC)
Well, after many a frustrating lap, lol, finally got a clean one at 3:00.013 in my '17 Raptor HE. I haven't got many cars built in this class yet, that aren't more tarmac friendly anyway. These HLC'S are what got me building more cars in 6.

Good times, hope I can close a title more on ya Moss, I'm sitting at #85 at this second while you're at #9 with 2:42.429 I believe. Only 18 seconds to make up, lol!!!

I see I have to get on game. Great job!!!!
#19 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 11:10:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Here To Suffer Go to Quoted Post
2:33.787 in a ram runner running just upgrades so far,choke city at the end as usual XD

I'm going to have to allow that one. I should have taken a screenshot of the board at the start of the comp 😊 I thought you were #1 on Sunday. Great run BTw 😀

Edited by user Monday, December 5, 2016 11:17:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 11:21:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

I'm going to have to allow that one. I should have taken a screenshot of the board at the start of the comp 😊 I thought you were #1 on Sunday. Great run BT 😀

honestly never touched A until today, i have s1 and s2,but i can sit out this one unless i get a faster time though,no problem :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
#21 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 12:38:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

I'm going to have to allow that one. I should have taken a screenshot of the board at the start of the comp 😊 I thought you were #1 on Sunday. Great run BT 😀

honestly never touched A until today, i have s1 and s2,but i can sit out this one unless i get a faster time though,no problem :)

Nope, your time stands, I believe you. 😊 Probably confused by your other great runs. Excellent driving!
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 1:00:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GSW KnuckleHead Go to Quoted Post

I see I have to get on game. Great job!!!!

been trying a couple different things. 2:55 & 2:56 dirty. getting a couple bad bounces.
#23 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 1:11:07 PM(UTC)
Vehicle landed on two wheels after going over a hill or similar and it voids that runs as it registers as a collision?????
Quality not quantity
#24 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 1:34:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HandheldBee9 Go to Quoted Post
Vehicle landed on two wheels after going over a hill or similar and it voids that runs as it registers as a collision?????

I've had that happen too Bee. I'd assumed part of the body hit the ground. At that point I just hit restart.
#25 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 1:39:32 PM(UTC)
Not that my last run is anywhere near Here To Suffer but my latest run should be disqualified. I got major ricochet help heading to the jump ramp but game did not dirty the lap.

I will clean up my act in an attempt to be the quickest Raptor in the next day or so.
I blame the ants.
50 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error