37 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:18:40 AM(UTC)
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Blizzard_Mountain_Announce

[Mod Edit] Teaser video: https://twitter.com/ESLForza/status/808045529716264960

Edited by user Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:49:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:26:08 AM(UTC)
I know where I'll be on December 13!!!
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:29:57 AM(UTC)
Right lol. I cant wait to get my hands on that F100 Trophy Truck. I have a Traxxas Slash with that exact body on it. What I want to know is if Blizzard Mountain is an actual Map expansion or if its going to be like Storm Island where we travel between maps. Would love for it to be a actual expansion and no traveling between them. I bet the Bonus boards are Discount boards for upgrades lol.

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 8:30:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:38:19 AM(UTC)
This looks like lots of fun! :)
 6 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:41:25 AM(UTC)
I wonder why no trailer or even screenshots are shown. It's only two weeks until the release and no assets? Very strange.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:46:15 AM(UTC)
Perfect timing to nerf 4WD! I want to be competitive with 2WD and by the looks of FH3 ATM, thats not going to happen.

V8 and AWD swaps are not for racing. BRTZ 190E 1.8 C180 KOMP
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:56:42 AM(UTC)
Strange? Not really, since most employees at the studio had the Thanksgiving Holiday off. There will be when it is appropriate.

Originally Posted by: dreampage Go to Quoted Post
I wonder why no trailer or even screenshots are shown. It's only two weeks until the release and no assets? Very strange.

Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:58:40 AM(UTC)
Another stand alone like Storm Island. Hardly 'expansion' of the current map. I'll wait to see if the cars are part of this or the car pass. Nothing in it of great interest anyway
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:06:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaptainStiff Go to Quoted Post
Another stand alone like Storm Island. Hardly 'expansion' of the current map. I'll wait to see if the cars are part of this or the car pass. Nothing in it of great interest anyway

They are part of the Expansion lol. This comes out a week after the December DLC. December DLC on the 6th, first Tuesday of the month and Expansion out A week later on the 13th.

So not part of Car pass:

The Blizzard Mountain expansion for Forza Horizon 3 is available separately or as part of the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass, which gives players discounted access to two expansions for $34.99. Ultimate Edition owners receive a $10 discount on the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass if purchased before the end of 2016. If you haven’t yet taken Forza Horizon 3 for a spin, today is the last day of our Black Friday deals, check them out here.

Become King of the Mountain

This brand-new campaign challenges players to compete in a series of thrilling events with the ultimate goal of becoming the King of the Mountain. With more than 50 new events and challenges to compete in, the expansion tests drivers’ skills across extreme weather and brand new race types, including Hill Climb, Descent and Blizzard race events. In addition, players will be able to take part in new Bucket List Blueprint and Rivals events, as well as earn 28 new Xbox Live Achievements worth 500 Gamerscore points (see below for the full list of Achievements).

Explore a New Alpine Playground

Blizzard Mountain is a mountain paradise for car fans, full of adventurous terrain and challenging driving conditions. New areas like the extreme sports snow park and a massive frozen lake make this the ultimate snowy playground for players’ favorite vehicles. In addition, players will find bonus boards to smash, beauty spots to enjoy, and a brand new hidden Barn Find vehicle.

Blizzard Mountain also introduces seven brand new vehicles to the game (plus the aforementioned Barn Find), including the incredible 2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX, the 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept, classic rally cars and more. In addition, when exploring Blizzard Mountain, players will be able to choose snow tire upgrades for any of the vehicles in Forza Horizon 3 to prepare them to take on a wide range of thrilling driving surfaces.

Now, here’s a closer look at the new cars coming to the expansion:

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 9:10:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:07:28 AM(UTC)
The expansion announcement does not mention the Car Pass and the Car Pass does not mention packs outside of the regular monthly set, so assume they will not be free for Car Pass owners.
#11 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:08:54 AM(UTC)
(deleted) Don't know what happened here lol.

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 9:10:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:09:14 AM(UTC)
I couldn't stop childishly cheesing while reading the article. What's that mean? In all seriousness and despite that one guy's skepticism I'm overly excited for this and if I wasn't 93% sure that 2nd expansion was a Porsche 1 I'd pull the trigger on that pass. If I end up being wrong I'll just happily pay outright for both expansions I've wasted much more money on way worse. Can't wait to run the ram runner and new titan around in blizzards and purge some snowmen.
#13 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:14:43 AM(UTC)
Nice! I have a feeling we would be hearing from the team this week on the expansion and here it is! I for one cannot wait to sample the "2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept"! Bring on the winter I say !!! Forza, they have the drives!

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 11:58:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#14 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:16:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soules Reaper Go to Quoted Post

[Mod snip]

Any news on the Dec 6 Cars?

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 9:19:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:19:05 AM(UTC)
I'll wait until more info is released before parting with any ££. I love the fact the 'proper' S4 is coming, but couldn't really care for the rest as they're already in the game as road going models apart from the Nissan. Wonder what the barn find is then, the stratos or s4 would've been strong contenders I'd of thought, so excited about that. Perhaps 405 T16, 959 group B or Opel ascona? Just guessing no wishing.
#16 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:19:09 AM(UTC)
There might be a Clue thread at the end of the week but T10 traditionally does not release news on the monthly car packs until the day of release.
#17 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:21:02 AM(UTC)

Part of the expansion, the car pack will be out about a week or so earlier than this.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:24:11 AM(UTC)
Cheers for the clear up chaps. I'll wait to see if the car pack is more exciting than Blizzard Mountain
 8 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:24:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The expansion announcement does not mention the Car Pass and the Car Pass does not mention packs outside of the regular monthly set, so assume they will not be free for Car Pass owners.

Hi everyone!
it really doesn't matter, for me, if the new expansion requires an extra payment for a new car pack. It doesn't really matter if Turn 10 / Playground produce one expansion every month and it requires a new payment. It doesn't really matter at all.

This game (every Horizon) is a piece of art and every dollar/euro, for me, paid worth it. Its a great job, well done, plenty of content, beautiful and infinite hours to spend in. You can not say that about many games. We are lucky to have these teams (T10/PG) creating this amazing world.

So I only can say... take my money! Give me more!
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

I love Horizon.

Cheers!
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:40:39 AM(UTC)
I'm excited for the possibility of a downhill course... I've missed them since FM4. That Stratos should be awesome too. And what about that barn find... "Frozen in Time" the achievement says.

Perhaps a car that's so cool, it's absolute Zero? The car that will save the polar bears? A man can dream.
More characters than sense.
 6 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:42:38 AM(UTC)

It's not a standalone, nor was Storm Island, neither can be used without the base game installed. The word expansion does not mean an expansion of the map, it's an expansion of the game and its content.

It was never advertised as an expansion of the map.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#22 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:45:17 AM(UTC)
Sounds like a repeat of FH2 Storm Expansion.
Friend Me FH3, FM6
Vehicles That Should Be In FH3
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:47:27 AM(UTC)
No thanks. Fix the pi system first turn 10.
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:49:43 AM(UTC)
I most certainly will not be buying this until PC performance is improved.
 3 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 10:08:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SeeNoWeeevil Go to Quoted Post
I most certainly will not be buying this until PC performance is improved.

Same here.

It's still unplayable on my machine.
37 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error