8 Pages<<5678PrevNext
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#151 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:25:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: e30GrrrrR Go to Quoted Post
Not sure why people are hating on the UK. Although im not going to believe any rumours until it is confirmed by Playground games i do think the UK would be a great setting. My suspicion has always been California this time around but we will just have to wait.

The UK and Ireland still has enough diversity in terrain and weather to make a great open world racer if this is the case


They think it's the only country that has rain. That is the basis. There is no greater fear in Forza than rain apparently. I don't care where they have it that much just release it when it is actually finished this time even if it's a little late or call it Early access and price accordingly.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:31:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#152 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:21:12 AM(UTC)
Actually any location EXCEPT for Japan would be fine with me. I have absolutely zero interest in a Horizon game based in Japan.

UK would be nice.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#153 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:46:55 AM(UTC)
Think about California for second, guys. These are the following that I think make California the most likely location for Horizon 4:

- It has such a diverse environment that you could go from LA to the mountain roads of Angeles Crest to off-road to deserts and even to Death Valley. (All those environment types are very well representative in California)
- Hoonigan is based in California.
- It has many crazy, extreme areas where Playground could do further expansions.
- Think about all the car meets that are happening in Cali right now, in real life!

Japan (I know it's a fan favourite) doesn't have a big enough environment to support all the different play-styles that all the gamers want. Also, you can't have a Horizon game in Japan without Toyota.
The UK also doesn't have a diverse enough environment for a Horizon game based on what we've seen in the previous games.

Here's the image of the pre-order page for Horizon 2 that has not only Australia, but California in the text! http://tinypic.com/view....qde&s=8#.WuHht4jwbIU

I have a feeling that California IS the location for Forza Horizon 4!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:38:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: e30GrrrrR Go to Quoted Post
Not sure why people are hating on the UK. Although im not going to believe any rumours until it is confirmed by Playground games i do think the UK would be a great setting. My suspicion has always been California this time around but we will just have to wait.

The UK and Ireland still has enough diversity in terrain and weather to make a great open world racer if this is the case


They think it's the only country that has rain. That is the basis. There is no greater fear in Forza than rain apparently. I don't care where they have it that much just release it when it is actually finished this time even if it's a little late or call it Early access and price accordingly.
Nope, not the only country that has rain. But according to the overwhelming amount of races that I have ran at Silverstone and Brands Hatch, in the rain, it appears that Turn 10 thinks it does in fact rain in the UK and surrounding areas, about 95% of the time. I, for one, do not want to spend 95% of my Horizon 4 time driving in the rain.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#155 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:39:11 AM(UTC)
It's all going to be speculation until the announcement at e3.

Looking at it realistically:

Norway - Theres enough diverse enviroments and the gorgeous scenery. I just can't think of many/any mainstream cars coming from norway.

Brazil - It could be really cool. again, diverse enviroments and maybe a bit of a story line this time round. Not to mention the link to FM6 with the Rio circuit.

Dubai - It just doesnt seem pheasible in terms of a dynamic gameplay. Sure theres a lot of straight roads, and the man made island but aside from that. its very bland in terms of racing locations.
Plus Dubai comes across very much as a richest playground nowadays rather than the international rally. Sure Forza's been pushing the offroad more with recent horizons, but sand dunes among sand dunes dont come across as much fun apart from jumping competitions.

California - Completely pheasible. Australia took me and a number of people by surprise, I'd never suspected it. The suggestion of California is new, and I dont see why it wouldn't happen.
Theres a big enough car culture, and again diverse enviroments. Not to mention there could be a larger street racing presence along with the horizon festival.

Japan - Obviously the most frequently rumoured and talked about location. Big car culture, mountain roads leading to bustling cities, the gymkhana scene. Driving on the left hand side (keeping with the aussie theme kind of), drifting. The list goes on.
Some people have called for more customisation options should Japan get picked, which doesnt seem likely, but then again...

U.K. - Again, completely pheasible. Theres a big enough car culture, forests and back roads aswell as cities and rural areas, driving on the left. But at the same time, it could be a pain trying to race around some of the smaller streets, given that traffic hasn't been the most advanced A.I in previous horizon games.

Either way, it wont really matter where the next one is set. it'll be about how they up their game (ha!) for the next installment. Given that the post is referring to locations though,
I'm not the only one who thinks its time to incorporate a real world race track into the game. All discussed and rumoured locations have race tracks within there countries/regions. Unless turn 10 has some licensing restrictions or something similar, or if accurately recreating a track in an open world enviroment provides way too much a challenge, I dont see why it hasn't already happened.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#156 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:57:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T4HM FAMINE Go to Quoted Post
It's all going to be speculation until the announcement at e3.

Looking at it realistically:

Norway - Theres enough diverse enviroments and the gorgeous scenery. I just can't think of many/any mainstream cars coming from norway.

Brazil - It could be really cool. again, diverse enviroments and maybe a bit of a story line this time round. Not to mention the link to FM6 with the Rio circuit.

Dubai - It just doesnt seem pheasible in terms of a dynamic gameplay. Sure theres a lot of straight roads, and the man made island but aside from that. its very bland in terms of racing locations.
Plus Dubai comes across very much as a richest playground nowadays rather than the international rally. Sure Forza's been pushing the offroad more with recent horizons, but sand dunes among sand dunes dont come across as much fun apart from jumping competitions.

California - Completely pheasible. Australia took me and a number of people by surprise, I'd never suspected it. The suggestion of California is new, and I dont see why it wouldn't happen.
Theres a big enough car culture, and again diverse enviroments. Not to mention there could be a larger street racing presence along with the horizon festival.

Japan - Obviously the most frequently rumoured and talked about location. Big car culture, mountain roads leading to bustling cities, the gymkhana scene. Driving on the left hand side (keeping with the aussie theme kind of), drifting. The list goes on.
Some people have called for more customisation options should Japan get picked, which doesnt seem likely, but then again...

U.K. - Again, completely pheasible. Theres a big enough car culture, forests and back roads aswell as cities and rural areas, driving on the left. But at the same time, it could be a pain trying to race around some of the smaller streets, given that traffic hasn't been the most advanced A.I in previous horizon games.

Either way, it wont really matter where the next one is set. it'll be about how they up their game (ha!) for the next installment. Given that the post is referring to locations though,
I'm not the only one who thinks its time to incorporate a real world race track into the game. All discussed and rumoured locations have race tracks within there countries/regions. Unless turn 10 has some licensing restrictions or something similar, or if accurately recreating a track in an open world enviroment provides way too much a challenge, I dont see why it hasn't already happened.

Very well descriptive! Overall, which location for Horizon 4 are you predicting? I'm predicting it'll be California!
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:18:07 PM(UTC)
Personally, I don't care too much about the specific location as long as the world map itself is interesting. The maps they make for these games are all fictional anyways and just borrow names and design cues from real places rather than actual road layouts.

The one thing I would really like to see in whichever location they've chosen are proper mountains with snow like we had in Blizzard Mountain. That and a larger map with more than one city.
Rank: Driver's License
#158 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:19:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
The one thing I would really like to see in whichever location they've chosen are proper mountains with snow like we had in Blizzard Mountain.


This is why I'm speculating between the UK and Japan. For the developers to create a whole new environment in Blizzard Mountain, I would be surprised if they didn't add such a location in the Horizon 4 map. Japan could incorporate this (Mt. Fuji would be awesome), and there are many areas in Northern UK where it snows a lot, so either of these places would be pretty cool.

Personally, though, I think it's most likely going to be UK. I think the taxis in the FM7 leak are a dead giveaway (and I have a subtle feeling that the McLaren Senna is the new cover car...)

Edited by user Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:20:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#159 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 7:44:15 AM(UTC)
Japan - i hope so
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#160 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 5:31:11 AM(UTC)
i know it should be in japan
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#161 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:35:55 PM(UTC)
I would like to see a horizon game in Asia. More specifically, Japan. I was also thinking that there might be a way to fit an expansion pack to go to the mainland. If you bought it, you would be able to go to all types of countries such as China, Abu Dhabi, and all of the other countries in Asia. But about the Japan part, you could have many parking lots such as the one in forza horizon 3, and maybe introduce some rally features to the game as well. Also, you could make it possible to have Nitrous oxide built into your car as well that you can get from auto shops throughout the map. And as far as racing goes, maybe you could make it possible for some drifting events to take place, urban and rural. I really hope the people at forza take a look at this, because I planned this all out in weeks of hard thinking. Also ( If forza does read this) feel free to contact me.
A forza horizon fan
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#162 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:14:44 PM(UTC)
I have been seeing some videos and pics showing Hong Kong. Forza Horizon China could work
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#163 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 7:03:56 PM(UTC)
So have you all looked closely at yesterday’s set of Forzathons in FH3?

I know, all of you are excited about the 1994 Nissan.

But, have you ACTUALLY looked at the challenges?

The first challenge requires a GMC, an American brand. Also where FH1 takes place.

The second challenge requires a Alfa Romeo, a Italian brand. Also where FH2 takes place.

The third challenge requires a Holden, a Australian brand. Also where FH3 takes place.

This takes us to challenge four, which requires a Nissan, a Japanese car. Also where I assume FH4 takes place.

Any of you think that is a little Easter Egg put it, or just another chance to get a Silvia.

Just think about it.



-OrangeKey822342
Rank: B-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#164 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 7:43:44 PM(UTC)
I think 99% of us think there's a 99% chance it'll be in Japan, we could be wrong!
Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution



Rank: C-Class Racing License
#165 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:57:39 PM(UTC)
Hey thanks for the feedback!

I just have to admit I did a little laugh when I saw your answer, because I know it is true.

Just wanted to point out what I thought.



-OrangeKey822342
Rank: Driver's Permit
#166 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:30:03 AM(UTC)
[img]null[/img]Forzathon for this week in FH3

I don't know if this is just me but as the Forzathon for this week has started, the wording for it was a little weird, this is just grasping at straws here, but its a tad coincidental to see that all 4 goals are in different continent cars,

USA = GMC
Italy= Alfa Romeo
Australia = Holden
Japan = Nissan


Now I know that it was in fact France that FH2 was set in, but in order it leads by what the Horizon franchise has done for each continent
FH1 was set in America and FH2 in Europe, FH3 was obviously set in Australia and FH4? Well it seems quite simple now, Japan is the next location.

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:50:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: The title needed adjusting once more

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#167 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:23:39 AM(UTC)
First off, I was the first one to notice that.



What I posted was this:



I am 99.999% sure I know where FH4 is going to take place.

Do any of you look at this weeks FH3 Forzathon?

I know Silvia yahoo but did you REALLY look at it?

Here is what I found;

The first challenge requires a GMC, a American brand. America is where FH1 took place.

The second challenge requires a Alfa Romeo, a Italian brand. Italy is also where FH2 took place.

The third challenge requires a Holden, which is an Australian brand. Australia is where FH3 takes place.

The fourth challenge requires a Nissan, which is a Japanese brand. Japan has been rumored to be the location of FH4.

Just thought I would point this out.



-OrangeKey822342

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:34:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#168 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 6:12:54 AM(UTC)
What I did was confirm your post, no need to be so belligerent.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#169 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 6:26:20 AM(UTC)
Why does it need to be a fake version of a real place as opposed to a fake version of a fake place that has all the cool stuff from everywhere.

I get wanting a game to be somewhere certain, but it won't be like the real place. It will be a cartoony, similar to the real thing kinda, fake world. In my opinion, the most can me made of this game if it's a huge world with features from all over. Cities, highways, deserts, jungles, mountain and canyon roads.

I guess I'm not sold on a specific location. I'd rather have more time and effort be spent on making the game itself the best it can be. Not that I get to drive past a CGI rendering of a famous landmark that will be a blur while playing.

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 6:27:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
Rank: Driver's Permit
#170 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 9:32:04 AM(UTC)
I'd like to see it in Canada. We have nice forest roads, coastal scenes, and big cities. The rocky mountains in the west would be awesome for off-roading.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#171 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:39:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BythosD0esGamin Go to Quoted Post
What I did was confirm your post, no need to be so belligerent.


Sorry didn’t realize that.

My bad.



-OrangeKey822342
Rank: Racing Permit
#172 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:35:39 PM(UTC)
FH4 will be in Britain.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#173 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:35:46 PM(UTC)
Britain, not Japan. Forza is not the Da Vinci code of hints.

Edited by user Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:40:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
#174 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:43:10 PM(UTC)
Microsoft has done the right thing in acquiring Playground Games after there was speculation about it happening.

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#175 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:43:42 PM(UTC)
All aboard the hype train

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
8 Pages<<5678PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error