8 Pages<<45678PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#126 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:06:32 PM(UTC)
Japan! It seems like on of the most popular requests!

Also, new game mechanics could include racing bikes, skill races (highest skillcscore in a set number of laps wins, bonus points for pole position) or even nitrous as an unlockable or skill to add to cars!
 2 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:49:56 PM(UTC)
I've been thinking about this on and off.

It seems like the most requested location is Japan. And I don't blame 'em, as it's high on my wishlist too. But something to keep in mind is the direction of Horizon games recently, especially with FH2 and FH3 experimenting with vast offroad landscapes and even snow and ice driving. Japan certainly has some snow and ice, but vast offroading opportunities? Unless they decide to do away with vehicles like Trophy Trucks and have more of a FH1-esque driving world (which I'm fine with, to be honest), they either have to take significant liberties with the locale (to the point of it being Japan by name only), or choose another location altogether.

So now I started to think of places that have all different types of weather patterns and driving surfaces. Ironically, one of those places was Colorado, an homage to FH1. Snow by the Rockies mixed with a southern/southeastern warmer climate (like FH1), perhaps combined with farmlands/fields to the east (like areas of FH2 and FH3). I also thought of Michigan, with dense urban diving and one of if not the most famous automotive culture sites in the world, but for snow to happen, it would have to be winter (well, for those that live here, we can have it as early as October and as late as May so....), and they certainly don't have much in the way of offroading, unless you want to destroy our cornfields and cherry orchards. I rummaged through thoughts of the UK, France, Germany, Russia, and Brazil, but all have the same problem Michigan would - they're entirely affected by the season (unless you go quite large with Russia), and offroading would amount to whatever hills you can drive over.

I realized a location like Colorado would be ideal for all of this, but it's been done already. Would PG and T10 really do it again? I thought about California, but I feel like that'd be too similar to FH1. I then pondered about somewhere in Scandinavia, but I don't think it's sunny enough up there, and it'd be kind of gloomy the whole time. And then, a brilliant thought hit me right then and there.

Enter Africa.

Deserts. Cape Town. Cairo. Johannesburg. Chapman's Peak Drive. Sani Pass. Casablanca. Wildlife photography opportunities. Mt. Kilimanjaro. Madagascar and Mediterranean expansions. It'd be perfect.

...........yeah, some liberties would have to be taken with the size, but it can be done. I mean, "Australia" fit into like 22 square miles, so yeah, it can be done.

Also, there will only be one radio station in the game, and it plays Toto's Africa 24/7.

Consider this one on the house, T10 and PG.
One of "The 50"
#128 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 2:24:22 PM(UTC)
Jonk you can also consider Canada. Canada has a coastal front, mountain areas, plains, vast forests, an "arctic" region, vast wildlife, etc...
#129 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:57:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mattsa889 Go to Quoted Post
Jonk you can also consider Canada. Canada has a coastal front, mountain areas, plains, vast forests, an "arctic" region, vast wildlife, etc...

Yeah, good point! In hindsight, I don't even know why I didn't think of Canada, especially as Windsor is about an hour away from my house, Sarnia about two.
One of "The 50"
#130 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:18:41 AM(UTC)
#131 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:12:48 AM(UTC)
Sources from 4chan. I don't believe a word of it lol
#132 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:02:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Sources from 4chan. I don't believe a word of it lol

Just an article that popped up in my google newsfeed.
#133 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:25:46 PM(UTC)
They just frown on posts from shady websites, I'm surprised it has not been removed yet. Japan is a good bet anyway
 1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 6:58:48 AM(UTC)
The forza motorsports that included those tight mountain tracks in japan were amazing and probably the most fun to master before the horizons came out. This next title needs to happen in japan. However, minus all the super unrealistic frills from horizon 3. No enormous jumps and falls like fh3. There is a long history of drifting, freeway inner city racing, rally, and circuit in japan. Also, there should be an expanded selection of modern and classic jdm cars. Ones that would normally never make it to recing games. As well as the gamut of cars already released in forza games to date. A huge addition should be more body and motor customization. The japanese are the kings of front end swaps and body kits. And if i want a mustang with specifically an rb26dett in it then i should be able to do that. They should add more complicated engine tuning to give advanced players/tuners an edge against any 10 year old in a lamborghini with all systems on.
This would be the way id like to see fh4 Japan happen. I dont want to see the FH titles become NFS. It should be moderately difficult. The new generation of players can adapt well. Call of duty and mortal kombat are perfect examples of how a gaming comunity can absolutely get better and better without in game handicaps. If you dont play those games online hop on and see what im talking about.

A racing game like forza can make working on and stratigically modifying a car to your driving style very very fun and should be the focus. If forza games are too hard for you, play NFS. Or learn about cars, trust me its fun!
#135 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:37:11 AM(UTC)
I'd like to see California (circa. 2000, not current day slumland), or GB, or Colorado again - I just did a road trip from CO, to New Mexico, to Arizona, to Utah and back to Colorado and it was some of - no it was the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. I know Horizon 1 was Colorado but I'd love to see it in all its glory with X1X graphics and a true open world like Horizon 3.

I do NOT want Japan. I have no interest in anything it has to offer, also Forza sells very poorly in Japan, that's Playstation territory so why should they work to appease them? I trust Playground games in whatever they do. They're 3 for 3 in my book, if they did pick Japan, I'm sure I'll love the way they did it.

How bout Hawaii? - Would certainly be beautiful.

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2018 9:39:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mod Edit - Link removed. Do not repost. - D
 2 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 9:04:29 AM(UTC)
I have been seeing a number of stories online about the UK for Forza Horizon 4. I have recently gone back and played FH1, FH2 and am still regularly playing FH3. The Horizon games are a great break from the straight Forza Motorsport titles. It is fun to break out in an open world environment and just arcade race for awhile. I think the Forza Horizon games have provided me with some of the best times racing in free roam and online than any other racing title. I'm really looking forward to FH4 no matter the location.
#137 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 11:25:13 PM(UTC)
I know people want Japan so badly in Horizon 4, but having a Horizon game in Japan doesn't feel like a Horizon game.

Also, after seeing all those leaked British cars (Peel P50, London Taxi Cab), I know I have a feeling that Horizon 4 will be set in the UK. I WILL take this with a grain of salt, but I know that a UK setting with London might happen.
#138 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 2:58:44 AM(UTC)
Can we not have another left lane destination....certainly not back to back. I'm not even kidding; Right Lane please!

Portugal (Lisbon), Vancouver, City in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Nordic countries, USA city......
#139 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 7:14:59 AM(UTC)
How about we do a duel? UK vs. Japan!

Why don't we put down our pros and cons for each location and decide which one YOU think is the best for Horizon 4?!

Feel free!
#140 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 9:39:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHS97 Go to Quoted Post
I know people want Japan so badly in Horizon 4, but having a Horizon game in Japan doesn't feel like a Horizon game.

Also, after seeing all those leaked British cars (Peel P50, London Taxi Cab), I know I have a feeling that Horizon 4 will be set in the UK. I WILL take this with a grain of salt, but I know that a UK setting with London might happen.
PLEASE, NO to UK. After all the races if have just completed at Silverstone and Brand's Hatch with them being in almost constant rain, just NO to that.

User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#141 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 10:13:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHS97 Go to Quoted Post
How about we do a duel? UK vs. Japan!

Why don't we put down our pros and cons for each location and decide which one YOU think is the best for Horizon 4?!

Feel free!

I'm hoping it'll have both with a hot wheels track tunnel running through the centre of the earth joining both islands. On the UK side it'll be dirt tracks for the off-road 4x4's and on the Japanese side it'll have motor bikes/cycles

I'd get my popcorn and sit back waiting for the show to begin on here.

Edited by user Monday, April 23, 2018 10:15:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#142 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 11:04:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: creeeeeeeepers Go to Quoted Post
Japan! It seems like on of the most popular requests!

Also, new game mechanics could include racing bikes, skill races (highest skillcscore in a set number of laps wins, bonus points for pole position) or even nitrous as an unlockable or skill to add to cars!

I'm sorry to show you this... but this WILL break your heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1mGhr9KKk
#143 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:41:17 AM(UTC)
The Greenie has discovered something that Horizon 4 will NOT be in Japan, he'll tell you everything! The link is right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1mGhr9KKk
#144 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:56:00 AM(UTC)
If the rumors of "UK" are true, I'd seriously be bummed out. Was hoping for Japan (fond memories of Tokyo Extreme Racer: Zero) or even any other country/geographic location/region such as, Africa, South America, Middle East, Russia, or even bring it back to the States (and incorporate routes like Tail of the Dragon, Rim of the World, Los Angeles Crest, etc).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see in June.
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 1 user liked this post.
#145 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:11:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post
fond memories of Tokyo Extreme Racer: Zero

This game was the reason I bought a PS2...
#146 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:20:23 PM(UTC)
Alright, guys, I'm officially changing my prediction of the location for Horizon 4. I don't think either UK or Japan will make it.

I'm NOW predicting that California might be the location for the new game! If you see this video from TomCat, it makes a lot of sense for Horizon 4 to be in California!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQTWYGzWy00

Edited by user Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:24:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Left out the link!

1 user liked this post.
#147 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:29:15 PM(UTC)
I have no idea why you guys put yourself through this every year. Have you learned nothing from the past? Not worth stressing and grasping at straws. Some youtube guy says. Yea ok

Edited by user Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:19:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#148 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 5:23:53 PM(UTC)
Honestly, I believe it would be cool to see Spain or Italy be made, possibly even Germany. Although, I wouldn't mind a Japanese setting where they have some rendition of the rally cross tracks and the city-scapes. These are only my thoughts however, and shouldn't be taken too seriously
#149 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:27:40 PM(UTC)
I think Ralph Fulton said that California was the runner-up for all 3 Horizon games.

Forza Horizon 1: Colorado
Forza Horizon 2: Southern Europe
Forza Horizon 3: Australia

To me, basically, Horizon 4 may already have the perfect location because California has an amazing car culture.
Also, Australia was the runner-up for the first 2 Horizon games until it finally got into Horizon 3. If California was in contention for the first 3 Horizon games, it would make sense that Playground would finally do Horizon 4 in California. (My own opinion)
#150 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:58:34 PM(UTC)
Not sure why people are hating on the UK. Although im not going to believe any rumours until it is confirmed by Playground games i do think the UK would be a great setting. My suspicion has always been California this time around but we will just have to wait.

The UK and Ireland still has enough diversity in terrain and weather to make a great open world racer if this is the case
8 Pages<<45678PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error