#1 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
To save space this is only for liveries unique to Forza Horizon 3 - carry over designs from FM6 are here

As usual, my design fall largely into 3 categories: Military aircraft, Carmageddon replicas and MFP vehicles from the first Mad Max movie. There's a lot more MFP vehicles because, well, Australia:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I just changed the "Coyote Ugly" on the Coyote engined GT to "That Voodoo That You Do" to reflect the GT350's new motor; and a new version of the USMC Corsair for the Chevy Nova that I last made in FM4:
a b

As for Carmageddon cars, there are a few new ones plus a couple that aren't shown here because I don't think they're good enough:
fat t1 t2 c e1 e2

More to come!
#2 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 3:49:15 PM(UTC)
Nice paintings, specially on those MFP rides!
Mad Max should be the main reason why I like cars so much!!!

Edited by user Monday, November 7, 2016 3:51:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:24:58 AM(UTC)
Thank you! I saw it in a theater during it's original release in the states, obviously it had a big effect on me. The idea of cops in hot rods dressed as 1950s JDs doing all the cool stuff and none of the boring stuff of being a part of law enforcement, against no shades of grey bad guys on the cusp of the apocalypse appealed to my 18 year old brain. I'm pretty sure MFP actually meant Em Effin' Po-lice.

I was never sure if Mad Max was supposed to take place in the US or Oz, the small budget meant it obviously took place in Australia, but it could have represented anywhere in the world with a desert and a car culture...

Check out the link in the first sentence for other MFP cars carried over from past games, or, just visit my storefront I guess?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:28:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:44:46 AM(UTC)
In 1981 I was 7 when my father took me to the movies to watch it.
Causing a great influence on my interest in cars since I was a child.
I've watched it countless times but the best one was the second movie in my opinion.
You did a great job on them and brought me some good memories of my childhood....

edit:

Just had a look at your FM6 gallery, great rides over there!!!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:48:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 1:10:43 PM(UTC)
There's also other MFPs carried over from FH2:
1 2 3 4 5 6

This one from FM6 that's only available as a preorder car or awarded unicorn in FH3:
1 2 3

Edited by user Tuesday, November 8, 2016 1:50:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added a car

#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 1:54:34 PM(UTC)
I love the vibrant colors. Good looking gallery. Love to see more.
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:53:35 PM(UTC)
Thanks - working on it. I'm still at one star on the 'amateur artist' badge in my design storefront - how many sales do I need to advance that?
#8 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 6:35:32 PM(UTC)
2 more designs, the Magic/Manic R8 Ball 2016 and the WW1 Albatros D.V from Baron Von Richthofen's Flying Circus design on the BMW series 1 M:
1 2 3

1 2
#9 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 11:02:17 PM(UTC)
Awesome work in here!!
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 11:40:54 PM(UTC)
Thanks, SnakeEyes! Long been an admirer of your liveries.

To answer my own question about artist ranking, it seems to have to do with the number of design downloads; anything over zero is 1 star, over 1K is 2 stars...then I'm guessing 5k, 10k and 20k for the remaining ranks - but that's just a guess.

This is my take on the Gulf livery for the Ford GT 2017 Horizon Edition; there's a glitch on the mapping that doesn't allow anything down the center of the top side, which was really limiting:
1 2 3

Ever since I saw this 1995 SVT kitted out like this I've been taken with it's passing resemblance to the yellow submarine, but also surprised by how serious it appears - so I had to:
1 2

Edited by user Tuesday, November 15, 2016 11:45:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammar

#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:00:34 AM(UTC)
This was an attempt to update a livery from back in MCLA on a 63 Buick Riviera (63 layers per side and only 22 layers for front and rear bumpers):
1 2

On a Rolls Royce. I'm gonna go improve that beltline:
1 2

Beltline is more to my liking now, realizing the "LIVERPOOL" should be gold rather than grey:
1 2 3

Edited by user Wednesday, November 16, 2016 2:11:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added a pic

#12 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 1:30:59 AM(UTC)
Here's a design similar to one in Forza 4 on the C1 Corvette:
11 2

Edited by user Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:10:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: replaced a picture

#13 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 1:52:59 AM(UTC)
I like all of you're designs, but I especially like the Mad Max ones, they are just pure coolness, you have done very well.
#14 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 2:49:08 AM(UTC)
Nice paints.
Dreadwalker73 (DeadLights Kustoms) FM2/FM3/FM4/FM5/FM6/Fm7/FH3/FH4 & Facebook
R.I.P. Doodley Squat (Steve Brieno)
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:41:23 AM(UTC)
Thank you both.

MrHappyMan69 it's good to see new players enjoying the Forza series.

DreadWalker73 your sig reminds me that I need to create an actual noseart pinup girl like I had on the 360 games:
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:43:43 AM(UTC)
Nice updates here CWR, the Pinup seems to be a great idea... will keep an eye over here!!!!
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:50:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FLUEX Go to Quoted Post
Nice updates here CWR, the Pinup seems to be a great idea... will keep an eye over here!!!!

+1 Nice work indeed!
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:15:15 PM(UTC)
Got sidetracked when I saw a lowered version of the Local Motors Rally Fighter:
1 2

Still researching the pinup/noseart from the Memphis Belle - originally a George Petty girl.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:14:55 PM(UTC)
Progress on the pin-up; the original George Petty pin-up the Memphis Belle nose-art was based on. Sometimes the Memphis Belle nose-art shows the figure with the left hand down, bracing against the seating surface (as I had it in the 360 Forzas) and sometimes as it was in the original; it's been repainted many times, and the original painter never imagined it would come under such scrutiny:
original 2 3
These show how rough graphics get when scaled too much, the first shot is much larger and clearer, and the second is showing the jaggies because of it's small scale. It's worrisome because it will typically be even smaller as "nose art" on a car.

3 4
These just show how dark the shadowed areas appear when actually on a vehicle, even though they are barely differentiatable in the vinyl editor (mostly just the right forearm and hand).

I need to have this color blocking sit until I can be sure the proportions look right before adding detail, shading and outlines. Also, it shows how little detail makes it to the finished livery even when rendered this large, informing me what level of detail I can get away with and what level just muddies the graphic.

Edited by user Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:55:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added shots

#20 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 6:54:40 PM(UTC)
Work ground to a halt on the pinup when I realized that I've already done all my warplane tribute liveries, I would need to redo all of them to include this new pinup which looks not great when reduced to the size necessary to fit on the cars.

Anyways, I recreated my "Tiger Bomb" Pontiac GTO livery:
1 2 3

I also made a MFP-508 livery for this same car...no pics needed, really.
#21 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 12:25:06 AM(UTC)
Couple more designs before I go over to FM7 - currently messing around with GTS.

Hell Rod from Carmageddon:
HR1

HR2

A warplane (Thunderbolt) for the 55 postie:
tbolt1

tb2

Finally used the pinup, for what that's worth...

Notification

Icon
Error