9 Pages<<789Prev
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#201 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 3:40:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Oh. My. God. They've actually sent them!? I genuinely cannot believe it.

No apology for the lack of communication, yet again, as far as I can see. Just another reason I'll not be buying the next game.


When will you be apologising? You also told them not to bother sending them, so I assume you'll be deleting yours?
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#202 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 4:06:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Oh. My. God. They've actually sent them!? I genuinely cannot believe it.

No apology for the lack of communication, yet again, as far as I can see. Just another reason I'll not be buying the next game.


When will you be apologising? You also told them not to bother sending them, so I assume you'll be deleting yours?


I won't be apologising. I'm not the one who promised people something, then left them in the dark for months on end. Not the first time it's happened, I might add, and we got no apology for that either. As far as the cars go, yes, they will be deleted. In a way. They'll be straight onto the Auction House when I actually bother to accept them, since I've had the cars that were promised for quite a while now.
Rank: Driver's License
#203 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 4:27:54 PM(UTC)
Time to start checking your mailboxes. (also idk why I have three maybe everyone got 3 or it's just because of the ridiculous rules)

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#204 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 4:52:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Oh. My. God. They've actually sent them!? I genuinely cannot believe it.

No apology for the lack of communication, yet again, as far as I can see. Just another reason I'll not be buying the next game.


When will you be apologising? You also told them not to bother sending them, so I assume you'll be deleting yours?


I won't be apologising. I'm not the one who promised people something, then left them in the dark for months on end. Not the first time it's happened, I might add, and we got no apology for that either. As far as the cars go, yes, they will be deleted. In a way. They'll be straight onto the Auction House when I actually bother to accept them, since I've had the cars that were promised for quite a while now.


Unless I'm mistaken, the prizes were delivered within the 90 day timeframe, as per the ESL rules. At least now you can move onto the next thing to whinge about, in a game you claim you're "done with"
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#205 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 5:30:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Oh. My. God. They've actually sent them!? I genuinely cannot believe it.

No apology for the lack of communication, yet again, as far as I can see. Just another reason I'll not be buying the next game.


When will you be apologising? You also told them not to bother sending them, so I assume you'll be deleting yours?


I won't be apologising. I'm not the one who promised people something, then left them in the dark for months on end. Not the first time it's happened, I might add, and we got no apology for that either. As far as the cars go, yes, they will be deleted. In a way. They'll be straight onto the Auction House when I actually bother to accept them, since I've had the cars that were promised for quite a while now.


Unless I'm mistaken, the prizes were delivered within the 90 day timeframe, as per the ESL rules. At least now you can move onto the next thing to whinge about, in a game you claim you're "done with"


Yeah, only jsut within that 90 day timeframe. After the initial 30 days that they said they'd "make an effort" to send them, they should've said something. Let's not forget the last season either, with many many people left chasing down what they were promised long after those 90 days were up. We didn't want a repeat of that.

Either way, I'm done with this series for quite a number of reasons at this point. But oh no, how dare I point out what those reasons are for fear of it being called "whinging". How dare I point out what drove me away from the games, in hope that the developers will actually take notice and perhaps improve on those points. But no, apparently it's all just "whinging".
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#206 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 5:45:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Oh. My. God. They've actually sent them!? I genuinely cannot believe it.

No apology for the lack of communication, yet again, as far as I can see. Just another reason I'll not be buying the next game.


When will you be apologising? You also told them not to bother sending them, so I assume you'll be deleting yours?


I won't be apologising. I'm not the one who promised people something, then left them in the dark for months on end. Not the first time it's happened, I might add, and we got no apology for that either. As far as the cars go, yes, they will be deleted. In a way. They'll be straight onto the Auction House when I actually bother to accept them, since I've had the cars that were promised for quite a while now.


Unless I'm mistaken, the prizes were delivered within the 90 day timeframe, as per the ESL rules. At least now you can move onto the next thing to whinge about, in a game you claim you're "done with"


Yeah, only jsut within that 90 day timeframe. After the initial 30 days that they said they'd "make an effort" to send them, they should've said something. Let's not forget the last season either, with many many people left chasing down what they were promised long after those 90 days were up. We didn't want a repeat of that.

Either way, I'm done with this series for quite a number of reasons at this point. But oh no, how dare I point out what those reasons are for fear of it being called "whinging". How dare I point out what drove me away from the games, in hope that the developers will actually take notice and perhaps improve on those points. But no, apparently it's all just "whinging".


It is actually. State your grievance once, then move on. Repeating the same thing ad nauseam does nothing to help your cause.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#207 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:59:22 AM(UTC)
Someone got lucky with 3 playsets :p
Now we know why they changed the rules mid championship ;)
Rank: On the Podium
 2 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:22:32 AM(UTC)
Well they got sent out, and within the 90 day window too so all's good on that front for those that were waiting for these prizes.

It would have been nice if Turn 10 weren't so radio silent throughout however; a post every week or so stating that "we're working on it", "we're currently getting the physical prizes manufactured" etc. would have gone a long way towards keeping people content. It's seems par for the course that the community is kept in the dark until the job's done however, which can cause things to boil over like they did in this thread.

Edited by user Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:23:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#209 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 8:55:12 AM(UTC)
Adding/responding to PJTierney's post above this one:

Yeah it's a tough call. Are they required to keep us "in the loop", as it were? No, they are not. Are they required to deliver us what was promised? I'd say "yes", but even if they didn't, I doubt anything would have come of it from anyone other than those that were expecting physical prizes.

I got mine, so I'm happy (especially since only one of the prizes was a repeat of something I'd earned since), but the radio silence is frustrating, to be sure. Then again; would a bunch of "we're working on it" messages really made much of a difference? Maybe for some, but still more would've complained. It's the nature of the beast in this world.

Edited by user Monday, February 20, 2017 8:56:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#210 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 1:41:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Then again; would a bunch of "we're working on it" messages really made much of a difference? Maybe for some, but still more would've complained. It's the nature of the beast in this world.


"We're working on it" would have been a lot better than leaving us in the dark. Honestly, "we messed up and you aren't getting anything" would have been better. Any sort of acknowledgment of the fan base can be a big help, whether it is positive or negative. Instead, what we got is another video of them showing off the $400,000 Ford that we are funding for the studio, without even a peep about whether they still knew this was outstanding. I asked several times before, don't you hire community managers to keep the community up to date on topics like this? They used to be really good about this.

I'm usually a HUGE T10 fan, and I still love their games, but I honestly am beginning to feel like they are growing apart from their fan base.
9 Pages<<789Prev

Notification

Icon
Error