9 Pages<<6789PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#176 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:32:59 AM(UTC)
Still nothing in the mailbox =/
#177 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:00:07 AM(UTC)
Anyone fancy a wager on how long it'll take for T10 to actually notice this thread exists?
 3 users liked this post.
#178 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:08:23 PM(UTC)
How on earth can the Forza Racing Championship be quoted as part of a success story.

Absolute disgrace.

Should read "for players of all skill levels to compete for stuff to be sent out after they have moved on to other games or even retired from gaming altogether"

The Forza Franchise Has Exceeded $1 Billion in Retail Sales
by Alan Hartman, Studio Head, Turn 10 Studios Posted on February 13, 2017 at 8:00 am
http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/13/forza-franchise-exceeded-1-billion-retail-sales/

Quote:
Today, we’re excited to share a major milestone – as of December 2016, the Forza franchise has exceeded $1 billion in retail sales.

This news caps an amazing year. As of December, more than 14 million unique players were involved in the Forza community on Xbox One and Windows 10, the award-winning Forza Horizon 3 sold through 2.5 million units, and Forza continued its run as the best-selling racing franchise of this console generation.* Additionally, our online racing community expanded significantly: over three million players joined us online each month and we launched the Forza Racing Championship, an eSports league for players of all skill levels to compete for glory and real-world prizes.

“Since the beginning, Forza has combined stunning graphics, racing’s leading simulation engine, and an emphasis on fun and accessibility,” said Phil Spencer, head of Xbox. “With the Forza series, Turn 10 Studios has built the world’s largest racing community. We couldn’t be more proud of their success.”

We’d like to thank our amazing fans and partners for their continued support and we can’t wait for you to see what 2017 will bring.

*Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service (U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand) – November 2012-January 2017

I blame the ants.
 2 users liked this post.
#179 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:20:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
How on earth can the Forza Racing Championship be quoted as part of a success story.

Absolute disgrace.

Should read "for players of all skill levels to compete for stuff to be sent out after they have moved on to other games or even retired from gaming altogether"

by Alan Hartman, Studio Head, Turn 10 Studios Posted on February 13, 2017 at 8:00 am
http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/13/forza-franchise-exceeded-1-billion-retail-sales/

Quote:
Today, we’re excited to share a major milestone – as of December 2016, the Forza franchise has exceeded $1 billion in retail sales.

This news caps an amazing year. As of December, more than 14 million unique players were involved in the Forza community on Xbox One and Windows 10, the award-winning Forza Horizon 3 sold through 2.5 million units, and Forza continued its run as the best-selling racing franchise of this console generation.* Additionally, our online racing community expanded significantly: over three million players joined us online each month and we launched the Forza Racing Championship, an eSports league for players of all skill levels to compete for glory and real-world prizes.

“Since the beginning, Forza has combined stunning graphics, racing’s leading simulation engine, and an emphasis on fun and accessibility,” said Phil Spencer, head of Xbox. “With the Forza series, Turn 10 Studios has built the world’s largest racing community. We couldn’t be more proud of their success.”

We’d like to thank our amazing fans and partners for their continued support and we can’t wait for you to see what 2017 will bring.

*Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service (U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand) – November 2012-January 2017

Oh hell no. Over $1 billion in sales and they don't have a single person working as support. It's peer to peer. We have a stickied thread in the support section that lists known issues ... hasn't been updated in months. I have a double digit number of bugs currently affecting me and haven't heard a word about any. We never got official results for the RC because T10 left ESL hanging, so even though I'm pretty sure I was offered the wrong prize, I can't be sure. Regardless, they can stick it. Rewards cars still not a thing, no communication. And they have the gall to talk about the RC for pr purposes? Oh hell no.

So ...

... I have OCD and I may continue to do forzathons to not miss out on content so I can leave the door open to coming back to FH3, because I already paid for this garbage and DLC I haven't seen yet ... and that's the only reason there's a slim chance anybody might see me doing anything in FH3. Money already gone. I seriously doubt I'll be back, though, OCD or not, money spent or not. FH3 can get stuffed for all I care.

But I can equivocally say that not only will i NEVER buy another anything associated with T10, I wouldn't play another T10 title if it was given to me for free. Ten plus years? OCD's a hellova thing but I'm done. Out.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:26:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#180 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:58:18 PM(UTC)

Quote:

They forgot to mention how awesome that Ford GT of theirs is..........

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 1 user liked this post.
#181 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:01:52 AM(UTC)
Like l said before they'll get the '17 GT in real life before we get ours from this in game.

This reminds me of how companies flaunt their excellent earnings but none of us get any raises or anything.

Unless the winnings trickle down to the people who caused them (customers or staff) STFU!

Edited by user Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:03:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#182 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:51:43 AM(UTC)
It is starting to look like this thread is becoming an un'official State of Turn 10 thread, and I cannot say that that is a bad thing. Of course that also may cause this thread to just get locked. But still, how long will they hide their heads in the sand over this issue and the complete and utter mess that is the PC released of Horizon 3. I also find it interesting that those of us voicing our concerns are not newbies to the franchise. Look at some of the forum join dates just in this thread. IMHO Turn 10 needs to wake up.
 1 user liked this post.
#183 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:30:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
It is starting to look like this thread is becoming an un'official State of Turn 10 thread, and I cannot say that that is a bad thing. Of course that also may cause this thread to just get locked. But still, how long will they hide their heads in the sand over this issue and the complete and utter mess that is the PC released of Horizon 3. I also find it interesting that those of us voicing our concerns are not newbies to the franchise. Look at some of the forum join dates just in this thread. IMHO Turn 10 needs to wake up.

Agreed. T10 has fast become associated with SNAFU. What I find interesting is that among those "Forza Veterans" is also some that are new to the series who may not return to the series following the complete and utter mess that this has become. Nice to see there's more than just me ready to give up completely on T10's products following the constant issues they've had.

I honestly think that they've grown lazy, and complacent, having had no real competition for years now. Gran Turismo hasn't had a game out since 2013. the Dirt series focuses purely on rally/rallycross and events like that. Assetto Corsa, from what I've heard, didn't come anywhere near close to touching the Forza series. Project Cars 2 seems to be the biggest threat to sales of Forza this year. Along with Gran Turismo Sport (think that's the name) could be a good competitor. I remember jumping ship from the PS3 and Gran Turismo over to the Xbox and the Forza series in 2012. I can honestly say I wish I hadn't done that now. The amount of money I've poured into this series for pretty much the same thing every year, not to mention all the DLC that can add up to twice the price of the original game, is ridiculous now. I even bought the Forza edition of the Xbox One when I came to upgrade from the 360. And look at what a disappointment the One Forza games have been. The only one I can genuinely say kept me interested all the way through was Horizon 2. Both Motorsport games were stripped back versions of the last (and best) of the 360 games. And Horizon 3 is like an ugly girl with too much makeup. Looks great from a distance, but start getting a bit deeper below the surface, and it's not all it's cracked up to be.

I apologise for tearing off onto a tangent there, but as a TLDR for anyone who doesn't want to read that wall of text, Forza needs some actual competition otherwise we're jsut going to get the same thing churned out over and over, year after year. In my eyes, this series has become little more than a cash cow for T10/Microsoft.
 1 user liked this post.
#184 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:02:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
It is starting to look like this thread is becoming an un'official State of Turn 10 thread.

It's not the first of its kind on this forum, even in recent times.

Thing is, even if everyone that visits this forum stopped buying the game(s), there are still millions of players out there who are happy with what is put out without ever having a need to hear from Turn 10 about anything. To put it another way, the series is successful enough for them to get away with "not caring" about issues the community raises on this forum.

Not much we can do about it really, this place is not the same as it was in 2009-2011 and likely never will be.
 1 user liked this post.
#185 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:55:10 AM(UTC)
There is just a little over 3 weeks until the end of the 90 day window will be here. (March 11, 2017)

Edited by user Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:25:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#186 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:21:29 AM(UTC)

Absolute disgrace.

Quote:

" we launched the Forza Racing Championship, an eSports league for players of all skill levels to compete for glory and real-world prizes"
"for glory" might be the only reward we'll ever get our hands on, indeed.

As for the 1$ billion, i don't know if i have to cry or laugh when i see that despite the success, they don't bother assigning one employee to provide customer support and spot reported issues in their official forum....

.... I don't even know what to say so developpers take a look at all these problems not fixed for almost 3 months, some of these are very important as they simply block dlc content you paid for.... (https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst92213_A-Compendium-of-Issues-that-need-to-be-FIXED.aspx)..
I dont understand how a company could care so less about their customers opinion

....sigh

Edited by user Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:31:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#187 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:25:18 AM(UTC)
delete

Edited by user Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:24:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#188 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:50:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yopfraize Go to Quoted Post

Absolute disgrace.

Quote:

" we launched the Forza Racing Championship, an eSports league for players of all skill levels to compete for glory and real-world prizes"
"for glory" might be the only reward we'll ever get our hands on, indeed.

As for the 1$ billion, i don't know if i have to cry or laugh when i see that despite the success, they don't bother assigning one employee to provide customer support and spot reported issues in their official forum....

.... I don't even know what to say so developpers take a look at all these problems not fixed for almost 3 months, some of these are very important as they simply block dlc content you paid for.... (https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst92213_A-Compendium-of-Issues-that-need-to-be-FIXED.aspx)..
I dont understand how a company could care so less about their customers opinion

....sigh
I agree with you on this. I think it is disgraceful for a company to totally turn their backs on their customer base the way that Turn 10 does now days.

2 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:39:18 AM(UTC)
If it's really this hard to figure out who earned the reward cars, send out all the cars to everyone. Really - what's the downside?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:40:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#190 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 12:41:30 PM(UTC)
Well, they killed any motivation to ever take part in these events again, thanks for that. At the time when (if) those cars finally arrive in our garages we will own them all anyway. I can't believe how you can go from something like the bounty hunts in FM6 - which worked great and delivered rewards fast - to such a disaster. Has to do something with three parties being involved with Turn 10, Playground and ESL but even then one party has access to the leaderboards for those events (I guess Turn 10) and should easily be able to send the car to everybody that participated in those events. Now the problem might be that you were supposed to register for the ESL. So I guess they have to go manually through every leaderboard and check if there is a player registered for the ESL with the same gamertag. At least that's the only reason I can think of why this should take longer than expected. But still there were like 3.000 participants in six events. How long does it take to compile that list.

I'm not even mad that the cars aren't there yet. I am mad about the fact that they don't have the respect for us to just say why it is taking so long. It can't be a secret, can it? Just admit your fault and be done with it, at the moment it looks more like nothing will ever happen and they are trying to just ignore this event ever took place.
#191 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 12:49:05 PM(UTC)
So I've logged in tonight and have 8 gift cars in my message centre, presumably from the FRC. I don't mean this sarcastically but I genuinely can't remember what the prizes were 😳

1977 Vantage, Bentley #7 GT3, Nissan GT-R HE, Silvia K's, #17 Ford Falcon, Jaguar Project 7 HE, Warthog and a Ford GT HE. Sounds right from what I vaguely remember?

Hurrah T10!
15/15 = 93%
#192 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 1:05:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
How to Register, Sign Up, Participate and win Prizes in ForzaRC S2 for Forza Horizon 3

"For each weekly Recreation Rivals event, we’ll be gifting prizes to the top registered and eligible players on the leaderboard:"
1st/2nd Place – Playseat Forza Motorsport Racing Chair
3rd/4th Place – Logitech G Wheel
5th/10th Place – Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass
11th/25th Place – Forza Racing Championship Swag Item

Week 1 (October 28 – 31) EDIT - 8 a.m. Pacific Sunday October 30
All participants win: 2017 Ford GT Horizon Edition

Week 2 (October 30 – November 6)
All participants win: 2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST

Week 3 (November 6 – 13)
All participants win: 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Horizon Edition

Week 4 (November 13 – 20)
All participants win: 2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X

Week 5 (November 20 – 27)
All participants win: 1994 Nissan Silvia K’s (S14)

Week 6 (November 27 – December 4)
All participants win: 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Horizon Edition

Week 7 (December 4 – 11)
All participants win: 2014 Bentley #7 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3

Set a time in all seven weekly events to win the 1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage w/custom Forza Racing Championship livery.

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_2_17_17

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 3:17:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#193 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 1:11:02 PM(UTC)
8 cars in my inbox :)))

Been waiting for that Jag'
#194 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 1:13:44 PM(UTC)
YES !!
At last i got that F-Type and GT-R Horizon Edition !

Thanks a lot for fixing it, at last.

I updated the "Compendium of issues" consequently.
https://forums.forzamoto...e-FIXED.aspx#post_679765

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 1:25:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#195 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 1:22:42 PM(UTC)
Some of the cars have a slightly different setup as usual. Like the GT 2017 and GT-R Black Edition. Don't know if intended but all good.
#196 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 1:27:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post
Some of the cars have a slightly different setup as usual. Like the GT 2017 and GT-R Black Edition. Don't know if intended but all good.

All the HE cars we received are Stock, as with the rest of the long forgotten reward cars.
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
#197 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 1:58:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post

They are the same as if you remove all upgrades.
I blame the ants.
#198 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 2:28:00 PM(UTC)
Quote:
ForzaRC Season 2 Prizes
Season 2 of the Forza Racing Championship wrapped up in November, and I’m happy to report that prize packs are going out to all winners as of this week. In addition we’ve posted our complete lists of winners for both the Recreation and Elite Series here on FM.net. One of the coolest prizes from Season 2 was our ForzaRC Prize Package, which included a ForzaRC beanie, a wristband and a commemorative ForzaRC Season 2 pin. Check it out:

If you’re a ForzaRC Season 2 winner and are expecting a prize, check your inbox and look for an e-mail from forzafb@microsoft.com. Finally, as of today, all of the in-game prize cars in both the Recreation and Elite are being sent out, starting today. Thanks to everyone for their patience as we’ve worked out the logistics of prizing and congratulations to all our Season 2 winners!

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_2_17_17
#199 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 2:54:06 PM(UTC)
The old Aston does have the FRC livery as promised. Careful not to flip it before checking it out!
 1 user liked this post.
#200 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 3:29:42 PM(UTC)
Oh. My. God. They've actually sent them!? I genuinely cannot believe it.

No apology for the lack of communication, yet again, as far as I can see. Just another reason I'll not be buying the next game.
9 Pages<<6789PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error