9 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:22:39 AM(UTC)
ESL doesn't give gift cars . It's T10 .
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:16:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post

I am still more than mildly curious as to why Turn 10 is supporting and promoting ESL and their racing championships. Is there really a high percentage of Forza owners that participate in or even have a mild interest in following or watching these races? It would be quite a shock to me to find out that there is a large percentage of participants or followers.

That's a good question. It seems that only guys from that "CAR" club are even bothering, as that's all I saw on the cursory look I got -- by a fluke, because the site is so disorganized -- on the ESL site yesterday.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 3:14:09 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Even if I can´t help on the topic or how you get your cars (while I am sure that you will get them) I would like to answer to Luckeydoug1 or the general question of "is the ForzaRC relevatn":

Building up something new always takes time. The ForzaRC is another feature on the list of cool things you can do when you want to enjoy Forza. Take painting for example. No one all the years back ever thought that creating car liveries will become that big (some games still skip this). While the livery creator is part of the game for the painters, the ForzaRC becomes the esport part for those racers who are more interested in competitive racing and/or in watching Forza content. While some here might say "I wouldn´t watch, I would rather play" that is not the case for everyone - look at all the streams or even streamed events or hugeh esports events. There are a lot of people interested in watching high level gaming, even if they just could go back home and play the game themself. It´s the same for football or anything else.

And to give some numbers to that, the first Grand final was watched by more then 3.000 viewers and the whole ForzaRC (season 1 and 2) had more then 25.000 participants already ;) so you can´t really say "it does not bother anyone", but of course it takes time to build all this, to improve on all the parts, listening to feedback -> improve again etc.
We are on it and it would be great to have the community with us to also bring racing to the big stages esports is on nowadays, because believe me, even watching Forza can be a great thing to spend your time on!
#54 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:44:04 AM(UTC)
Thank you for your insight, GRunner 28. Your response has gone a long way to answering my question and is very much appreciated.

Edited by user Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:45:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 10:10:36 AM(UTC)
I see what GRunner28 is saying. It does take time to develop a new feature for a game. I've only recently become aware of how big a fan base that online racing has developed. There are actually online racing leagues that have people watching. I can understand Turn 10 wanting to get involved in this.

I'm sure everything will be worked out and we will get the cars. My biggest concern is Turn 10's silence. If Turn 10 had made a simple announcement that the cars would be awarded at the end of the series that would have been great. We would have known when to expect the cars. I'm sure Turn 10 has heard our concerns but they haven't said anything. That is the problem.
#56 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 10:59:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JimB3 Go to Quoted Post
I see what GRunner28 is saying. It does take time to develop a new feature for a game. I've only recently become aware of how big a fan base that online racing has developed. There are actually online racing leagues that have people watching. I can understand Turn 10 wanting to get involved in this.

I'm sure everything will be worked out and we will get the cars. My biggest concern is Turn 10's silence. If Turn 10 had made a simple announcement that the cars would be awarded at the end of the series that would have been great. We would have known when to expect the cars. I'm sure Turn 10 has heard our concerns but they haven't said anything. That is the problem.

Turn10's silence in just about everything, unless they're trying to get us to buy something it seems, is absolutely shocking.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:16:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sn95nik Go to Quoted Post
copied from another forum

I don't understand why T10/PG can't just come out and say "the cars will be delivered xxxx." I mean, how hard is it, really? Don't they have community managers specifically for things like this? Or are we really supposed to think they are just winging and will get to things like this when they feel good and ready? Is there really a need for secrecy when the prizes have already been announced? I can possibly understand it for the real valuable prizes on the competitive side, but this is seriously just "send a car to everyone who's name is on the list."

I know right?
If only there was some sort of document, let's call it Rules, somewhere, let's say on ESL website, stating that prizes are delivered within 90 days of the competition ending?
But they couldn't have been bothered to do that, right? Or have they? Humm...

/s
User is suspended until 2/17/2045 11:18:44 AM(UTC)
#58 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2016 10:08:20 PM(UTC)
I entered all 7 rivals events for the FRC S2 Rivals eventsbut haven't recieved any cars yet, when do we recieve them
Racing is a passion. Live for it.

Gallery
 2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 6:33:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post

I know right?
If only there was some sort of document, let's call it Rules, somewhere, let's say on ESL website, stating that prizes are delivered within 90 days of the competition ending?

/s

I get what you're saying...

But 90 days after the competition ends (12/11) puts into mid March before prizes are awarded. I don't know about you, but I will have probably forgotten about this contest, and likely lost interest in the game THREE MONTHS afterwards. It doesn't seem like a very good way to generate continued interest in the game.

But wait! There all these other things you can spend actual money on! Those are advertised all over the place!

#60 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 4:59:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sn95nik Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post

I know right?

/s

I get what you're saying...

But 90 days after the competition ends (12/11) puts into mid March before prizes are awarded. I don't know about you, but I will have probably forgotten about this contest, and likely lost interest in the game THREE MONTHS afterwards. It doesn't seem like a very good way to generate continued interest in the game.

But wait! There all these other things you can spend actual money on! Those are advertised all over the place!

They will probably give cars when the competion ends. The GT3 Bentley was added in the game with this update.

#61 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 4:55:53 AM(UTC)
The 3 months is to give a buffer for unforeseen circumstances.
Based on the previous competition, most likely will be sent 1 to 3 weeks after it finishes.

It's also easier to compile for a list of winners at the end of the competition, than having to do it 7 times.
#62 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 1:59:32 AM(UTC)
I'm sure we'll get our cars one day, i think that the game expansion is more important at the moment. Cant' wait to drift in the snow and ice :-)
 2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 9:31:11 AM(UTC)
The season is over. I haven't got my cars yet. What is going on? (Sarcasm)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I just wanted to be the first to post this.
#64 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:39:05 AM(UTC)
I was wandering if any one knows what is going on. I posted times in all of the Forza RC recreational events, and haven't received any of the reward cars. Is there a delay, or did I manage to do something wrong?
#65 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:41:34 AM(UTC)
I have not got mine either, I would assume there is a delay. They have to compile all of the people who entered and then send them out, if we are lucky they will mention something about it in this week in review article.
#66 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 6:41:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
I have not got mine either, I would assume there is a delay. They have to compile all of the people who entered and then send them out, if we are lucky they will mention something about it in this week in review article.

Has anyone been contacted yet about the physical prizes?

I went to bed for one week in the top 25 and have no idea if I stayed there. I also have no idea how the revised rules work for prizes. But just wondered if anyone had heard and yes I know it is closer to 9 days since the even finished than 90 lol
I blame the ants.
#67 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 2:14:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post

Has anyone been contacted yet about the physical prizes?

I went to bed for one week in the top 25 and have no idea if I stayed there. I also have no idea how the revised rules work for prizes. But just wondered if anyone had heard and yes I know it is closer to 9 days since the even finished than 90 lol

I won Logitech G and Playseat but if i am not wrong , who raced between week 1-3 can get 3x prizes but i can't (week 5 and 6 top 4) and Microsoft doesn't answer about this . ESL told me i can't even choose what to get (i read in rules it was possible) . I don't blame ESL but Microsoft/T10 , it seems that FH3 competition is less important than FM6 finals . I hope they will write final standings .
#68 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 12:40:08 PM(UTC)
Rules said its based on best position.
I blame the ants.
 3 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:58:09 AM(UTC)
Anyone else think that this has been drug out way to long to receive the reward cars? I mean, how hard can it be?
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 11:07:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else think that this has been drug out way to long to receive the reward cars? I mean, how hard can it be?

Yeah it's pretty weak. The lack of communication -- or even any acknowledgment that something's being done to start getting our cars to us -- doesn't help, either. As far as I know, they've swept it under the rug in hopes we'll forget about it. Not bloody likely.
#71 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:25:48 PM(UTC)

Way too long. And the lack of communication about it, once again, helps absolutely nothing.
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:55:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

Way too long. And the lack of communication about it, once again, helps absolutely nothing.
I am actually at the point where I think that the guy that was supposed to do this has moved on to another job somewhere and nobody at PG/T10 has thought to check if he had anything that needed to be done. ;)

4 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 1:20:50 AM(UTC)
Definitely the first and last time I participate in Forza Championship.
#74 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 10:13:49 AM(UTC)
If you took part in the Championship to win a car, I assume the long wait could be disappointing. BUT to me (and I believe many others) it was much more about the fun and to be part of the challenges it presented. The car would just be an extra bonus (of which I already have about 500) and in the bigger picture of the game certainly not cause me to loose any sleep.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#75 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 6:39:38 PM(UTC)
Edit for brevity: It's been 2 weeks and not having the results posted yet is off putting.

Edited by user Friday, December 23, 2016 9:04:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error