4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 5:50:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DChaps66 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue. Sorry for the confusion on the closing dates for the #ForzaRC Week 1 Recreation Series Rivals event in FH3. To make things right, we've re-opened the event (as of this posting) and the event will be live until Wednesday, November 2 at 4 p.m. Pacific.

Once again, sorry for the confusion and I hope everyone now has a chance to get in there and get credit for the Week 1 event.

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks so much Turn 10 and Brian. There are very few developers that have supported the community and their products the way Turn 10 does. They are allowed to make mistakes now and again. How many times have they made changes based on community feedback? Actually quite a bit. Remember how many changes were made to Forza 5 and the awesome free content we later received? Thanks again for all you do. Now back to trying to beat my Rivals times......

#52 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:31:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SiDicoaTeLoL Go to Quoted Post
Oh god , i am third , close it!

hmm I see another issue arising.

Has it been reopened to allow people to improve their times and get better prizes or only to get credit for week1. I can see those in say 3rd spot when it previously closed gettting shirty especially when the ESL rules said is was meant to close then.

I blame the ants.
#53 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 11:22:49 PM(UTC)
Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue. Sorry for the confusion on the closing dates for the #ForzaRC Week 1 Recreation Series Rivals event in FH3. To make things right, we've re-opened the event (as of this posting) and the event will be live until Wednesday, November 2 at 4 p.m. Pacific.

Once again, sorry for the confusion and I hope everyone now has a chance to get in there and get credit for the Week 1 event.

Thanks,
Brian

Right, then start fixing FM6. You can still exploit Monza (see FRC S1 W1). But you do this with the FRC because ESL/MS forced you, not because we asked, couse then FM6 would have been fixed long ago. http://youtu.be/lh7qXE7Ekis

Edited by user Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:24:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:00:56 AM(UTC)
Just wanted to drop a note and say thanks to T10/PG for fixing this mismatch between the two sources. I was able to get a couple laps in for the week 1 event last night.

Has there been any clarification on what exactly the requirements are for the weekly prizes? Last I read, it was simply completing a lap made you ELIGIBLE to win the car, but I never saw anything stating how the cars were being awarded.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:46:27 AM(UTC)
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks Brian :)

Also for the proof that my thrust in you guys was always justified :)

Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
#56 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:24:37 AM(UTC)
Just another quick post to say thanks to Brian and Turn 10 for reopening the Week 1 event due to the confusion/misinformation. You guys rock!
#57 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:12:54 AM(UTC)
Yes but what about prizes ? I set the third time before 30 october...will prizes be calculated on the first closure ?
ESL clearly says that week 1 ends in 30 october .

Edited by user Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:15:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:17:43 AM(UTC)
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

I'm glad you guys listened to the community on this but this really peeves me off because I didn't know this until now. I knew it was put back up but I thought that was the end of it and putting it back up was just so people could see their times and stuff.

I was 7'th before it was put back up and now I'm 14'th.

What does this mean for me?
#59 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:28:49 AM(UTC)
It means you can't get the season pass , i can't get the G29 probably. Let's see what T10 says before judging but i hope they didn't cancel old leaderboards results .
#60 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:46:31 PM(UTC)
I have just seen this. I am absolutely fuming. I was second place at the time of 7:59am PDT (1am AEST) and I go to sleep. Thinking what was ADVERTISED on the RVM was the final cut off time.
This weeks event is total shambles, absolutely appauld by the organisation. You have the ESL rules stating it finished at one time then T10 saying another. As I am writing this at 6:40am and have to go to work For 7:00am I have no time to what so ever compete for this ridcolously organised event. I had just logged on to see myself knocked down to 3rd place because of Horizons crappy timing system when you set an exact time as the person the newest time is higher ranked ALWAYS.
I do hope T10 readdresses (Mechberg) this because at the moment I've just lost up to $100USD in prizes. I also feel for the people who lost their Prize due to the FIRST extension.
https://www.youtube.com/craviator <- Please check it out and subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLslsqUhsTg <-
Lotus Cortina Build/Tune Tutorial BRAND NEW VIDEO *UPDATE*
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:10:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JSR Craviator Go to Quoted Post
I have just seen this. I am absolutely fuming. I was second place at the time of 7:59am PDT (1am AEST) and I go to sleep. Thinking what was ADVERTISED on the RVM was the final cut off time.
This weeks event is total shambles, absolutely appauld by the organisation. You have the ESL rules stating it finished at one time then T10 saying another. As I am writing this at 6:40am and have to go to work For 7:00am I have no time to what so ever compete for this ridcolously organised event. I had just logged on to see myself knocked down to 3rd place because of Horizons crappy timing system when you set an exact time as the person the newest time is higher ranked ALWAYS.
I do hope T10 readdresses (Mechberg) this because at the moment I've just lost up to $100USD in prizes. I also feel for the people who lost their Prize due to the FIRST extension.

I lost the steering wheel for a season pass mate...the deadline was 30 october as stated on ESL site , so prizes should be awarded based on that . The time extension should be for people who didn't set a time at all to get the free car .
#62 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:34:32 PM(UTC)
If they gave the prizes to the people in the top 25 as of the first closing date that would annoy other people who went quicker after the initial closing time. Either way they're going to annoy people.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:45:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JSR Craviator Go to Quoted Post

I lost the steering wheel for a season pass mate...the deadline was 30 october as stated on ESL site , so prizes should be awarded based on that . The time extension should be for people who didn't set a time at all to get the free car .

I just called in sick, to compete only a 3 hour shift anyway #commited. There is an hour and half left but it says the rival is over???

2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:43:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StaticSh33p Go to Quoted Post
If they gave the prizes to the people in the top 25 as of the first closing date that would annoy other people who went quicker after the initial closing time. Either way they're going to annoy people.

People were complaining because they missed out on a car for participation not because they missed a chance at the prizes.

I say prizes should be judged off the original closure date. I sincerely hope someone got the original leaderboard data for it.

PS I was outside of the top 25 before, during and after so have no bias to my opinion.

Real world prizes should be given out as per the original date.
I blame the ants.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:47:38 PM(UTC)
Hello.

Any way for people late to the party to catch up week 1 event ?
Sadly, I didn't know about this event until now =/

I guess it's a no..... and i won't have a chance to receive the V8 final prize then =(

Edited by user Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:48:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:33:49 AM(UTC)
Im also pretty annoyed with the constant changing of closure, ive been in position to win a wheel and forza keep extending it, im not going to be on at 3am my local time just so someone else can beat me, if im not mistaken ive lost out on $270 because of this! I can understand that more people wanna win a free car ect but us guys at the top knew about the event and its just given more people more time to better us, a huge shame my end as $270 lost in prizes just so some people can win a ford gt he within the game, Turn10 and ESL please fix :(

Edited by user Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:37:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:42:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Matt212GamingYT Go to Quoted Post
Im also pretty annoyed with the constant changing of closure, ive been in position to win a wheel and forza keep extending it, im not going to be on at 3am my local time just so someone else can beat me, if im not mistaken ive lost out on $270 because of this! I can understand that more people wanna win a free car ect but us guys at the top knew about the event and its just given more people more time to better us, a huge shame my end as $270 lost in prizes just so some people can win a ford gt he within the game, Turn10 and ESL please fix :(

How can we contact Mechberg/T10 ? 30 october , as i said before , was the original deadline .
#68 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 3:12:38 AM(UTC)

How can we contact Mechberg/T10 ? 30 october , as i said before , was the original deadline .

I doubt we will be able to do anything i wont lie, no matter what they do some people are going to be angry, In the ideal world theyd dish out like 4 race seats and like 6 wheels to everyone that earnt them over the course of the event, that most likely will not happen i know but still seems a shame, really makes me feel so demotivated to do any other of these events i wont lie, gives more people more chances but still, id love to think everyone who had got a time at any of the given deadlines could earn a prize but i doubt they would be able to do so :/

#69 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 5:29:05 AM(UTC)
It was advertised twice about the first extension being the 2nd 7:59am PDT. Once in the RVM and then stated in the RULES on the Recreational series. I'm still yet to find it in the news about it being expanded for a second time and to 4pm PDT. The rival event was even closed for 20 odd minutes an hour and a bit to go. So there was a waste in time there as well. I feel for the competitors who got jipped a prize, even my fellow team mate who put so many hours lost out because of the "second" time extension.

#70 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:43:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: StaticSh33p Go to Quoted Post

People were complaining because they missed out on a car for participation not because they missed a chance at the prizes.

I say prizes should be judged off the original closure date. I sincerely hope someone got the original leaderboard data for it.

PS I was outside of the top 25 before, during and after so have no bias to my opinion.

Real world prizes should be given out as per the original date.

I know people were complaining for missing out on the car and not the prizes, my point is if they base it off the initial 25 they'll be screwing over the people who got into the top 25 afterwards.
#71 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:36:33 AM(UTC)
No matter what they choose to do they will annoy some people unless they dish out far more prizes than they intended... t10 and esl need to give us answers tbh
#72 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:56:38 AM(UTC)
No matter what they choose to do they will annoy some people unless they dish out far more prizes than they intended... t10 and esl need to give us answers tbh

Esl say that they don't decide the schedule , i wrote an email to Microsoft Forza to let them know .
#73 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:04:25 AM(UTC)
Yeah fair enough, but it does make you wonder how that info can be wrongly given to esl and how many people its cost good prizes :/
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:49:15 AM(UTC)
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

Don't know if it is useful but i quote this message for some attention , i hope Mechberg says something about the 30 october standings . I am annoying , i know , but T10 don't answer so often .
#75 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 12:01:49 AM(UTC)
Yes but what about prizes ? I set the third time before 30 october...will prizes be calculated on the first closure ?
ESL clearly says that week 1 ends in 30 october .

Has anyone gotten the prizes yet? If so how does it appear. I registered (even though its not showing on ESL) did the Wk#1 event for FH3, but havent seen anything about a participation car. Kinda seem lost in it (the Rivals challenges are fun though, well wk #1 was).
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error