23 Pages123>>Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 11:48:23 AM(UTC)
Some of the most fun I have here at Turn 10 as community writer is produce the DLC Clue Threads. This is something I came up with years ago based on the anticipation and excitement I saw over every pending car pack.

This is for fun. This a place to try and figure out the cars of the Alpinestars Car pack. It is not a competition and it is not a place to discuss the car pack, previous car packs, or anything else really.

Post your best guesses. Everyone gets one guess per car. You may edit your posts with what you might think are better guesses if you want.

If I see any particular clue really stumping you I may post a follow-up clue. However, it is my goal for you to NOT make up a full list of cars, so don’t expect me to be helpful.

I will like posts I think are correct or are particularly wrong. I will gift credits a couple times to random posters or correct answer posters before the pack is released on Tuesday November 1 around 10 a.m.

Be sure to come and watch me show off the pack in a marathon stream starting around 10 a.m. on Tuesday on Beam and Twitch. I’ll play until my butt is numb.

Now here are your clues:

Car 1 Clue 1: Halloween is such a kooky time of year! I love the festive nature of this holiday.

Car 2 Clue 1: It may be crazy to hear this but, what comes around goes around.

Car 3 Clue 1: You never know until you try! The result might make for generations of cherished rivalries and competition.

Car 4 Clue 1: If lives were gears this cat would be hitting 60 in less time than it takes to read this clue aloud.

Car 5 Clue 1: It takes class to inspire this kind of driving. Well, that and one helluva big wing!

Car 6 Clue 1: Street legal yes, daily driver, probably not.

Car 7 Clue 1: Sometimes winning makes for strange bedfellows.
Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

#2 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 11:54:30 AM(UTC)
Finally!

clue one- Hotwheels bone hot rod?

Edited by user Friday, October 28, 2016 12:08:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:04:42 PM(UTC)
All I know is that the jaguar xe is coming. (2016)
#4 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:06:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: johniwanna Go to Quoted Post

Car 4 Clue 1: If lives were gears this cat would be hitting 60 in less time than it takes to read this clue aloud.

2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1? I remember reading that It would hit 60mph in first gear.
#5 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:06:18 PM(UTC)
Reading and forming best guesses, to be updated soon
#6 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:10:48 PM(UTC)
Car 2
Maserati Boomerang or Fisker Karma
 6 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:12:53 PM(UTC)
1. - 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor (Ghostbusters Ecto-1)

2. - 1982 DeLorean DMC-12 (Making comeback next year)

3. - Ford Ranchero

4. - Acura TLX (9 speed transmission available)

5. - A Sprint Car (One of the many available)

6. - Caparo T1

7. - Late 50's Ford Edsel (Very odd looking car after Ford and Edsel merged)
#8 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:12:55 PM(UTC)

Car 5 Clue 1: It takes class to inspire this kind of driving. Well, that and one helluva big wing! Plymouth Superbird
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:15:58 PM(UTC)
Car 1: -

Car 2: -

Car 3: -

Car 4: Jaguar XE because of

Car 5: -

Car 6: -

Car 7: -
“Noise is unused energy” - Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich (former Head of Audi Motosports)
#10 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:18:19 PM(UTC)
Car 7. Hopefully an Opel Kadett E GSI, making its first debut in a racing game *_*
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:19:11 PM(UTC)
I'm giving this another shot! And I can admit I am terrible at this.

Clue #1: Nissan Silvia Kouki

Clue #2: 1967 Pontiac GTO convertible

Clue #3: Zenvo TS1

Clue #4: Dodge Charger Hellcat

Clue #5: Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak

Clue #6: Terradyne Gurka

Clue #7: Mercedes SLR Mclaren

Edited by user Sunday, October 30, 2016 12:20:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:19:55 PM(UTC)
I thought that maybe Clue 5 is a rallycross car? Big wing, and the drivers are heroes. Fingers crossed!!
#13 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:21:58 PM(UTC)
Car 6: Could it be the 2015 Radical RXC Turbo?

Edited by user Friday, October 28, 2016 1:13:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:23:38 PM(UTC)
please just give me the 2016 Viper ACR
#15 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:25:22 PM(UTC)
Hot Wheels Bone Shaker for Clue 1
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:25:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TuffPuppers Go to Quoted Post

Car 5 Clue 1: It takes class to inspire this kind of driving. Well, that and one helluva big wing! Plymouth Superbird

That's already a barn find.

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:26:23 PM(UTC)
I can only think of an answer for several clues to be honest:

Clue 1: It's not very wise to go by the wording in theses clue threads, the threads are cheeky like that.
However, lets say the wording was 100% true for once and it was truly something never added to a horizon game before.
Would it be a T Bucket hot rod?

Clue 2: 'What comes around, goes around'
Would this car be Aussie related by any chance?
I don't have any clear answer, I could only guess the country of origin.

Clue 3: Not a clue on this one.
By the way its written, it seems to be sparking a rivalry of sorts.

Clue 4: Perhaps I'm misreading the clue, but cats have nine lives.
Nine gears, and it's cat related.
Chryslers and Land Rovers has introduced nine gear tranmissions a while ago.
Would it be a Jeep Cherokee Hellcat?

Clue 5: One helluva big wing, eh?
And it has class?
The only car that would dare have such a description would be the Bentley GT3 car, unless I'm forgetting a car that's recently been introduced.

Clue 6: I have no clever guesses for this one, so I'm guess going to say the Praga R1.
Only thing is, would you classify the R1 as a street legal car you can't drive daily?

Clue 7: Bedfellows means to share a bed with another, or be allied or closely connected with another.
Not sure what to make of this one.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:30:15 PM(UTC)
Car one is definitely the El Camino!
#19 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:32:51 PM(UTC)
Car 1: Bone Shaker making a return? Saw a couple others make this, Ecto 1 (or '59 Cadillac wagon)

Car 2: Not entirely sure. I'm gonna guess some sort of VW, although probably wrong since none are in the game.

Car 3: Absolutely no clue

Car 4: The "Cat" part throws me off, but I THINK Mercedes has said 9 was the ideal number of gears to have. Something with 9 gears, for sure.

Car 5: A Pikes Peak car? The Suzuki Escudo would be f***ing amazing to play with in Horizon. Toyota Celica PP, Toyota Tacoma PP, maybe the Suzuki Monster (I hope not)

Car 6: G63 6x6 (we got a 3 wheeled vehicle and a wonky 4 wheeled one, as well as a racing semi in Forza 6) SLAP ANOTHER AXLE ON A MONSTER AND LETS GO!

Car 7: No clue.
 7 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:35:40 PM(UTC)
Car 1 : 1997 Nissan 240SX (kooky = kouki? lol)
#21 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:36:03 PM(UTC)
Some of the most fun I have here at Turn 10 as community writer is produce the DLC Clue Threads. This is something I came up with years ago based on the anticipation and excitement I saw over every pending car pack.

This is for fun. This a place to try and figure out the cars of the Alpinestars Car pack. It is not a competition and it is not a place to discuss the car pack, previous car packs, or anything else really.

Post your best guesses. Everyone gets one guess per car. You may edit your posts with what you might think are better guesses if you want.

If I see any particular clue really stumping you I may post a follow-up clue. However, it is my goal for you to NOT make up a full list of cars, so don’t expect me to be helpful.

I will like posts I think are correct or are particularly wrong. I will gift credits a couple times to random posters or correct answer posters before the pack is released on Tuesday November 1 around 10 a.m.

Be sure to come and watch me show off the pack in a marathon stream starting around 10 a.m. on Tuesday on Beam and Twitch. I’ll play until my butt is numb.

Now here are your clues:

Car 1 Clue 1: Halloween is such a kooky time of year! I love the festive nature of this holiday.

Car 3 Clue 1: You never know until you try! The result might make for generations of cherished rivalries and competition.

Car 5 Clue 1: It takes class to inspire this kind of driving. Well, that and one helluva big wing!

clue 1: adams kooky hearse
#22 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:36:13 PM(UTC)
Car 1 : 1933 Packard V-12 so obviously
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:36:20 PM(UTC)
#5: Suziki Escudo-Pikes Peak
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:37:30 PM(UTC)

1) Ford Festiva SHOgun

2) Something with a reputation for oversteer, i.e. Chevrolet Corvair Monza Spyder?

3) Holden HK Monaro GTS 327

4) 2107 Acura NSX

5) ?

6) Radical RXC Turbo

7) Toyota Lexcen (rebadged Holden Commodore named after the designer of Australia's America's Cup winning yacht)?

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 5:26:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 3/7/2045 11:34:05 AM(UTC)
#25 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:38:59 PM(UTC)
I'll give it a try.

Car 1 Clue 1: Halloween is such a kooky time of year! I love the festive nature of this holiday.==>A hearse ? xD

Car 2 Clue 1: It may be crazy to hear this but, what comes around goes around.==>A car that was in previous forza's and not in Horizon, Gumpert Apollo Perhaps ?

Car 3 Clue 1: You never know until you try! The result might make for generations of cherished rivalries and competition.==> Has to be some sort of oddity ? Hm...Maybe an engine related sillynessthingie ? Have no clue tbh, a Frankstein car, euhr, an Alfa Romeo-Fiat-Ferrari Mix up Thing ? A halfbreed Lamborari ? (Half Lambo/Half Ferrari) ?

Car 4 Clue 1: If lives were gears this cat would be hitting 60 in less time than it takes to read this clue aloud.==>Detomaso Pantera ? (Would be Really cool ánd it was NOT in Horizon yet...I think.It was in FH 4 iirc).

Car 5 Clue 1: It takes class to inspire this kind of driving. Well, that and one helluva big wing! ==>Bentley.Has to be Bentley.

Car 6 Clue 1: Street legal yes, daily driver, probably not.==> A Carver ? Or Morgan 3 wheel thingy ?

Car 7 Clue 1: Sometimes winning makes for strange bedfellows ==> Mclaren Mercedes something ?
23 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error