5 Pages12345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 5:23:52 PM(UTC)
I have decided ultimately to get rid of HARDCORE MODE, as its a great idea. But it would be impossible to proceed with, as I just cant accurately calculate all members cars to damage or a wreck based on only just what I see. Also, the damage model in this game is horrible, as running straight into a car at 200mph will still leave you working. With only small mechanical failures, as miss shifting or shifting down too low from a high gear (Transmission Damage) Is proving to be the only thing really reliable...... I feel that I just don't want to divide the team up, in that way. That's why I feel that it would be best to keep it the way it is, and no miniature groups inside the team will be created. The only thing I can say now, is for all members to keep up the good work on keeping it realistic. And for the image of drifting on this team, to look as real from the same counterparts of real life.

Edited by user Friday, December 16, 2016 2:08:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Drift (偏流), Peace (平和), Trust (信頼), and Fun (遊び)
#52 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:31:05 AM(UTC)
Who's representing the team for that team battle?
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:57:52 PM(UTC)
(On a first note, I don't mean to plug or hijack this forum thread, though it's on about the same subject. Sorry if it comes across that way)
(Also I'm sorry if this is a lengthy read, though judging from previous posts I assume that you guys are fine with that haha.)

Hi guys, I've been watching over this forum thread and the previous one from Team Vintage, and I really like the community you have built here. It's really impressive and I congratulate you guys for this.

However the scene is a bit bigger than you think.

I'm the owner of quite a new touge team called Team Shinnen. We started off fairly big but we only consist of 3 drivers at the moment because that is all we need, at this point in time. However we are one of quite a few teams in the scene, and in an attempt to bring the community together, I have teamed up with a few other teams (most of which date back to the FM4/FH1 days) to start what could possibly be the turning point of the Forza touge scene. We're going to set up a ladder system, of which will rank all teams that wish to participate. We already have the interest of quite a lot of teams, but there's many more out there, including you guys. I'll explain here:

On FH3, we started off with Tribal Boyz and Black Diamond, lead by 'TB InuYasha X' and 'KrazyKidJJ26' respectively. Both of these teams have been around fully since early FH2, and the individuals that reside in them have been around dating back to FM4/FH1 days, including the team leaders. There were many more teams back in the day of course however these two were the most dominant on the game at that time, both where skill and online presence/media is concerned. If you google FH2 touge, you will primarily see videos from these two teams, especially Tribal Boyz on Yasha's channel.

Yasha's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GsGxInuyasha

The case is pretty much the same on Forza Horizon 3 too, and that's where the new scene started. Yasha's videos drew in a lot of attention, including mine. The most popular track found at the time was 'Fury Of The Dragon' (and pretty much still is), which was made by Tyseitz (Black Diamond's co-leader), which used to be Black Diamond's home course (they now drive 'Maroondah Scenic Bypass'). This is the course most people ran because it really was the only one that had been made and then put on YouTube. Anyway, Black Diamond's and Tribal Boyz's activity on Yasha's channel drew in the likes of others, and eventually a couple of new teams started to form, with one team being mine (Team Shinnen), as well as Foreign Runners (lead by VP2333).

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/...CFueGnan5qkEV4tAYdsbj5A

Foreign Runner's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vp2333

Black Diamond and Tribal Boyz didn't really battle other team much. They were still getting started and there weren't many active teams around that drew their attention. Black Diamond was easily the biggest team around this time with a good amount of members, and still probably is, so they kept to themselves. Also, Tribal Boyz became less active in the scene since the initial release. This left both Foreign Runners and Team Shinnen to look for content, and of course, the two teams found each other through the power of Youtube and a battle was agreed on. This would be the first Team vs Team battle for FH3 touge as it stands. The battle took place on a new course, Demon's Tail, being Foreign Runner's home course. I'd describe the battle however there's actually a video about it on my channel which you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnQ-LvrEeY

From there, we gained attention from Black Diamond mainly, and that's where the scene started to blossom. More and more people craved that team vs team style, with an uphill/outbound and a downhill/inbound driver. We agreed to organize a battle with Black Diamond for the future, however we were working on things on the side to help benefit the touge community on this game, and get it bigger and stronger. More and more people and teams started running with us, and making content on YouTube. Over time our driving as well as our tunes improved, and so did our courses. Both Shinnen and Black Diamond made new courses which were more technical, as well as fun to race. Black Diamond made the course they now call 'Maroondah Scenic Bypass', and Shinnen made the course we call 'Yume Keiwa Pass'. We reached out to other teams and drivers too, which I won't list at the moment. Around this time, clubs were introduced, and we made clubs to support the whole community (Forza Touge Community), individual teams themselves as well as our project (which I will get to soon I promise haha).

Anyway, before the Team Shinnen vs Black Diamond battle, both me and KrazyKidJJ26 (Black Diamond leader) were approached by 'ES Shado', who also does touge and has a touge team called Team Achilles. ES Shado had an idea that potentially formed this whole project, which was to set up a leaderboard for all the teams in the community to rank who was best. It was common knowledge Black Diamond were the fastest drivers, and had the best tunes, but there was no proof or ranking, and that unique selling point is what formed our project, to essentially set this up. We decided to start up a touge community ladder in the form of a 'King of the Hill' style. If you've ever played Need For Speed: Most Wanted, you'll know that there was a blacklist of all the drivers/bosses in the game that you had to defeat one by one, climbing up the blacklist. This follows the same principal; new teams will start at the very bottom, and will have to challenge the team above them (and beat them) to take their spot. They would do this until they reach No.1 (if they are able to). The idea is that you will keep following this pattern until you find a team you cannot beat, and that would essentially mark where abouts your team is performing in the scene at that time.

Me and Krazy liked this idea, and so the three of us worked together to get Shado's idea up and running. We decided to call it 'Initial D: Forza Stage', which we chose to help boost how much this appeals to people, as well as for the weeb effect. To decide who would start off as No.1 on the leaderboard, Black Diamond and Shinnen used their planned battle as the qualifier for this, with the winning team being in the #1 spot, and the losing team being in the #2 spot. Because Shado really helped us out with this idea, he deserved to get the #3 spot for his team, seeing as he was the one who came up with the initial idea, and with him being one of the founders of this. Anyway, Black Diamond and Shinnen had their battle, and the winning team was Black Diamond, which was the team predicted to win. This means they gained the top position on the ladder, and Team Shinnen and Team Achilles followed respectively. From here we reached out to the community to find teams to initially launch this. We will be accepting as many teams as possible, however we wanted a solid 12 teams before expanding even further.

From here we did exactly that, and so far have a solid lineup of 11 teams, and there are a lot more left to scout their interest for this, with your team being one of them. We have teams that date back to the FH2, FH1 and even FM4 days, such as Castello Stars, SWR, Project D, Touge Warriors and more. We have people in these teams that basically founded the community, and there's a lot of history from some of these people, and we're hoping more teams like Team Vintage can come and build this new history.

The Ladder as it stands:

So right now, we have everything set up to launch this except the 12th team as well as briefing on how this will work. It is based around A Class touge however there will be more light restrictions. It will be 100% Japanese cars, of course (also including USDM based Japanese companies (Acura, Lexus) of which have cars with JDM versions (SC300/Soarer, Acura Integra/Honda Integra etc.)), as well as a rating for power/weight distribution (Equation: power / weight = rating). Briefing will be in the form of a Google Doc, and will be linked with every forum post regarding this subject. The forums we will be using are this forum, as well as the Touge Union forum. We will also be using the Xbox club for this as well. We may also look into media options too, depending on how our launch goes.

At the end of the day, this will be a fun, friendly (but competitive) community service. We don't want to sanction this or make it look like the higher on the ladder you are, the more important you are, because that won't be the case in the slightest. Once it's launched, people are going to get knocked off their podiums very fast, assuming this goes as smoothly as planned. We very well could see Black Diamond dethroned, and I wouldn't be too surprised either.

Anyway, this is where your team, Team Vintage, is concerned:

We want to invite you as the 12th team for Initial D: Forza Stage. Requirements will be very minimal, being an eligible set of cars, a home course (if no home course, then you can use another team's home course assuming you have permission to do so (teams can also share a home course)), and two drivers; one for inbound/uphill races, and one for outbound/downhill races. I know this is a bit different to what you guys have set up for yourselves, but I hope you find this appealing. This could be a good moment for this community.

If this is interesting to you guys and you want to participate, please let me know. My Gamertag is 'Will is BASED' and you can message me any time, or even drop me a party invite if I'm online. On a side note, if you are interested in joining the Forza Touge Community club on Xbox, let me know also. If you're not interested in Initial D: Forza Stage, you can still hop in. We want to expand the community more, and it's still in it's infancy. We have nowhere near all of the community in this one club, as it is mainly composed of team leaders and individual/solo touge drivers.

Whatever your choice, thanks for reading anyway. I know this is a really long read and I hope it wasn't jusy ramble to you or tiresome to read. I tried to explain this in as much detail as possible. If you do have any more questions, feel free to fire away (send me a message on XBL though, don't want to cram up your thread).

Thanks again for reading!
#54 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 6:53:29 AM(UTC)
Only speaking for myself(not a leader/co-leader, or representative); this is a really nice project. Especially, considering there are a lot of Forza touge veterans involved. This project could, indeed, go far. I've just found Team Vintage Japan and I know our leader, "JPN KATANA JPN", has a few team projects in the works; including, gathering racers for the touge aspect of the team.
As I mentioned before, I only speak for myself, but I'm rooting for us, Team Vintage Japan, to become involved- if not in Initial D: Forza Stage project, then definitely in the touge community. Hopefully, we do become a team on that ladder and can bring a competitive yet, enjoyable touge experience.
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 3:05:23 PM(UTC)
My vision for this team is to do everything as realistic as possible, When it comes to any driving action and activity from Japan. As i want this teams activities to look exactly as its real life counterparts. At first, i thought i could manage all counterparts. For example, all the categories for this team was going to be Street/Touge drifting, touge racing, Wangan Battles, with even Bosozoku and Kanjozoku activity. I was going to manage all of these activities, but it soon proved impossible. With forming all the rules at once, for every single category to be very overwhelming. With interests varying, and tryout procedures being very unorganized. Due to this, i decided to work on only Touge/Street drifting. With this, i have formed a team that's image in drifting with forza. Looks very close, to real life drifting in japan. AND I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR THIS!!!! :) Due to this, i told myself that i would make sure the Touge/Street drifting aspect of the team was living up to its realistic standards and goals. Before i worked on the race side of the team, and i have not yet finished this aspect yet...... theirs many different projects i have in the works. With more meets and events to be had. Before i am fully confident about the street/touge drifting aspect of the team. Before i can just keep a watch on this aspect of the team, with working on the race side of things. It is impossible for me to work on both aspects (racing/drifting), with bringing an absolutely realistic experience. As i would never want to compensate something, just because i did not have enough time to think about it or work on something. Due to this, until the drifting aspect of this team is reaching the plans, goals, and realistic image and experience i have set out. I will not be working on the race side of things of this team, with only just me working on the street/touge drifting aspect only. Until i feel the team is ready to host more activities, from just street/touge drifting related.

Due to this, the Team unfortunately declines your offer, for being the 12th team to represent Initial D: Forza Stage. As we are just not ready to promote touge racing, or any racing activity. As even our own methods of racing, and driving for touge racing. With how battling will go along, could be very different. But, i am still thinking about all of this. As i have not even started to work on the touge racing aspect, or racing aspect of the team yet. But thank you for the offer, i am actually very interested to watch some of these races live. (If you will let me) As it could help me form the touge racing aspect of the team, in the future :)

Edited by user Sunday, December 18, 2016 2:39:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 1:51:24 AM(UTC)
I'm very interested I've drifted professionally in previous forzas and I'm looking for a team to drift with and cruise with. Also all my drift cars are Japanese ;)
GT DSR Coachella
#57 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 12:28:01 PM(UTC)
I'd like to join. My gamertag is: Ichigo Drifts
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:24:04 AM(UTC)
You can watch them live, just add me on Xbox (Gamertag: Will is BASED). The leaderboard will be ongoing so if you are ever up for trying to show your worth then let me know and you can be added to the list :)

Also, if you're interested in touge racing, I can add you to the Forza Touge Community club on Xbox, just let me know.

On a final note, we have recently finished the brief for the whole thing, so if you are interested in how it will work before you watch some of the races, then feel free to take a look: https://docs.google.com/...AkQ9DDw/edit?usp=sharing
#59 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 7:06:18 AM(UTC)
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hope for absolutely exciting and fun new year, and for everyone to enjoy your holiday and any winter activities you may be doing!!!!!

Keep Drifting Fun ;)

Edited by user Monday, December 26, 2016 7:24:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 8:29:33 PM(UTC)
TEAM VINTAGE JAPAN TEAM FORUM UPDATE: Team Vintage Japan background information has been added, with honking commands being updated. General Rules for offroad drifting, has been added. Member log has been updated, WELCOME NEW STREET STYLE FAMILY MEMBERS!!!!!!! Mt. Airo (隘路) Touge Routes has been added, with a new mountain being added as well Mt. Misairu. Janurary meetings calender has been added, and new meets has been posted (with more upcoming January Meets being added soon). The yearly event category has been added (With more yearly events being added soon) with..... MATSURI DATES HAVING BEEN ADDED!!!!! So get your cars ready, for the best 48 hour event of Forza. DRIFT MISSILES IS AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE AND USE!!!!!! As Team Vintage Japan would like to offer you a choice when it comes to if you want to enter your own privately owned car in events, or to purchase a missile car. The "Team Member Garage" category has been added, with two member's cars having been added. (More members cars will be posted, upon full spec sheet having been filled out)

HAPPY DRIFTING!!!!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:57:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:55:37 PM(UTC)
Some of the drifting actions of Team Vintage Japan has been deemed WAY too dangerous and inconsistent. With this, too many preventable accidents has occurred. Due to this, as of right now. Touge drifting and possibly street drifting routes is being looked into.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:12:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 4:29:32 AM(UTC)
Hello,

I been racing around in my GT86 for awhile. And recently i been into drifting, but mostly people drifting online is reckless and doesn't care about others.

I notice this family, this "team". And I'm really interested in joining because I want to learn more about drifting and getting better as i go along.

What do i need to do to enter this family?

Edit: Just finished reading the entire 1st post and the continuation on the 2nd page, its alot to rules to memorize but I'll do my best to remember all of them.

My gamertag is JoaoCsO

Edited by user Thursday, December 29, 2016 3:05:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot ti add information

2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:30:57 PM(UTC)
I Shinigami D I

I absolutely love and support the style, it brings out alot of fun which is easily spoiled in a regular lobby.

Best regards. orz
#64 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:49:29 PM(UTC)
MINI TEAM VINTAGE JAPAN FORUM UPDATE: Horn Commands has been changed to "HORN ALERTING COMMANDS." With new rules being added and changed, these rules consist of "- STAY IN YOUR LANE, WHEN TOUGE DRIFTING. (If there is a car in your lane, just go around it. And go right back into your lane" with "MONGI DRIFTING WILL NOT OCCUR, WHEN TOUGE DRIFTING. AS THIS TYPE OF AGGRESSIVE DRIVING, CAN ONLY OCCUR WHEN TRAFFIC IS CONTROLLED. (When van blockers is a protecting a certain area of road, from traffic)" Also "All street drifting, will be turn focused. On intersection drifting. (Focusing on one turn only, and not a full on course) Due to this, all street drifting will be now point to point ONLY" Street routes that feature a long set of turns, that does not utilize any type of intersections. Will be used at its fullest.
#65 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:43:24 PM(UTC)
@I Shinigami D I Thanks, we try our best!!!!
#66 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 5:00:51 PM(UTC)
Hey,

I would like to join the team, m4rcm4rc introduce me to this team and I was in one lobby with you KATANA and some other and it was really fun!

My gt: Dr 2JZ
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 4:28:07 PM(UTC)
Many ideas is currently being practiced, for a more safer drifting experience.

Current Ideas:

- Always covering our license plates with some kind of material, in order to not be traced.

- Speed Control

- With everyone not going too fast, or doing outrageous entry's. That could possibly result in a huge crash, if someone messes up when street drifting (Reliable Lines)

This idea is VERY debatable, as a person could go 140mhp into a turn. But still have complete control, but it is not really safe if for so many drivers do this at once. Or to do outrageous entries with so many people next to you.

Its not the fact that when you mess up, but when you put others in danger is the problem. Due to this, reliable entries are preferred when drifting closely together. For a more of a speed type of turn, we will let everyone go in intervals. In order to go as hard as they want, WITH RESPONSIBILITY OF COURSE!!!!

- ALWAYS giving each other space, so that more dangerous speed and entries can be tried without a major fault.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:20:07 PM(UTC)
Interested
GT- DBG xbatmanx
#69 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 2:04:14 PM(UTC)
this sounds great, i would like to participate in the midnight/touge drifting, GT: lambats
#70 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 5:04:45 PM(UTC)
Registration for the team will resume in February, as i have work backed up. But don't worry, I have seen everyone's registration. All of you are on my list, for the upcoming tryouts i have planned. So for anyone that is unsure of registering, please feel free to. I WILL see it :)
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:27:55 AM(UTC)
Add me TZ FapHappy. I'd love to give this a shot. Sounds fun
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:59:16 AM(UTC)
Love the Idea of Real life point to points along with cruising to destinations. Would be awesome to give this ago!

GT: EiR Dixxyy
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:43:41 PM(UTC)
I'm trying to join seems rad even though I might have to adjust a bit, send me a message my GT is UJ3AN
#74 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 12:56:29 AM(UTC)
I'm interested in joining

GT- inT1mid8R
#75 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 8:51:56 AM(UTC)
I'm definitely interested. GT - JDMxUK
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error