This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:44:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyborgHunter Go to Quoted Post
So, I tried the steps in Midnyte's guide and could not replicate the same effect. No matter what I did, my designs show on stock cars (all extra kits are gone). I tried fixing my existing designs first and when that failed, I tried the same steps on a brand new car with a brand new test design and observed the same outcome. One odd thing I noticed was that when I tried downloading a design from another player (the design contained wide body kit on it) after I'd downloaded it, it showed on a stock car...don't know if that is expected. At this point I'm scratching my head as to how to go around this annoying limitation.

Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
So, I tried the steps in Midnyte's guide and could not replicate the same effect. No matter what I did, my designs show on stock cars (all extra kits are gone). I tried fixing my existing designs first and when that failed, I tried the same steps on a brand new car with a brand new test design and observed the same outcome.

If the designs in your Storefront aren't showing with the bodykits you require there's a good chance you haven't followed the steps exactly. There's a subtle difference in the process depending on what you're trying to do (i.e. starting from scratch or editing an existing design) that will affect whether it will work or not. You're the first person to leave feedback to say it didn't work, I'm happy to run through it in a PM & if you've found something I've missed, I'll update the appropriate post. ๐Ÿ™‚

One odd thing I noticed was that when I tried downloading a design from another player (the design contained wide body kit on it) after I'd downloaded it, it showed on a stock car...don't know if that is expected...

Yes, that's to be expected. Unlike the Auction House, you're not buying the actual car from the Storefront but rather the file that the creator uploaded. Think of the image you see as an advert only, any bodykit/rims etc. will have to be applied separately.

You clearly misunderstood what CyborgHunter meant by the car appearing as stock.

He's not dumb... he doesn't think (nor did he say that) the livery is supposed to come with the performance parts like you assumed he thought, he's saying that the preview of the livery gets reverted to stock after he downloads someone else's livery.
And the same happens to me.

I downloaded a livery for which the preview was a liberty walk M3, after I downloaded the livery I checked it out on the designs page and the livery was now bugged, showing a stock M3. That happens to every livery I download and not a single one of my liveries show the upgraded parts, not a single one... And yes, I followed your instructions, and no, they didn't work.
 2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:25:55 PM(UTC)
It's a known fact that tuning can only be seen in the storefront, so when you dl a design that was shown on a tuned car, the livery appears on a stock car in your ' my designs' section, due to the above reason....
#53 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:46:11 AM(UTC)
I was under the impression that wasn't the case.. I was pretty sure when I downloaded liveries in FM5 or FH2 the preview was the same as in the download screen. Probably just the absurdity of this even being an issue was making me assume previous games worked better than they actually did.

That doesn't however invalidate the fact that MIDNYTE's method, sadly, didn't work for me.

Or the fact that this shouldn't be an issue at all. Even EA managed to get this right on Need for Speed, they just snapped a shot of the car and saved that as the preview, pretty much foolproof.

This doesn't ruin the game by any means but it seriously hinders an awesome customization system and that's just sad. It is what it is though..

Edited by user Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:47:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

#54 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:08:11 AM(UTC)
Seeing as this thread is linked in one of [AB]'s stickies (and Photobucket have decided to shoot themselves in both feet) I've updated the thread so the screenshots are visible again.

Edited by user Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:13:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#55 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 1:28:52 AM(UTC)
Seeing as this thread is linked in one of [AB]'s stickies (and Photobucket have decided to shoot themselves in both feet) I've updated the thread so the screenshots are visible again.

Thanks buddy!!

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FM7 / FH3 / FM6 / Twitter / Flickr
#56 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 12:42:25 PM(UTC)
Tested the method for HORIZON 4 & it still works ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

FH4 / FH3
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:34:22 PM(UTC)
Tested the method for HORIZON 4 & it still works ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Well I'll be damned. I made the dumb mistake and painted the car before adding body parts. Then I spent roughly 2 hours working on my sticker livery and no matter what I do, I can not get the body mods show up on the storefront. Even tried duplicating the design as instructed and looking the preview both from the pause menu and from the garage. Is there anything left to try or am I screwed? REALLY dumb system I must say...
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:00:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MoritzVanNorden Go to Quoted Post
....I made the dumb mistake and painted the car before adding body parts. Then I spent roughly 2 hours working on my sticker livery and no matter what I do, I can not get the body mods show up on the storefront. Even tried duplicating the design as instructed and looking the preview both from the pause menu and from the garage. Is there anything left to try or am I screwed? REALLY dumb system I must say...

Sorry for the late reply Moritz. I wouldnโ€™t call it a โ€˜dumbโ€™ system but itโ€™s certainly a bit tricky to understand due to the way the game tracks files in order for us to receive Status & payouts etc. It took me 3 whole days to figure out from scratch when I made this guide.... and it still took me several goes to get it right in Horizon 4! ๐Ÿ˜†

Now from what youโ€™ve said, your design is finished and is ready to share without further editing so humour me & try this step by step. (Iโ€™m doing this on Horizon 4 but itโ€™s the same process for both Horizon games).

1) Get in the required car and remove any design that is on there. Now remove any Bodykits or Tunes so that youโ€™re starting with a completely stock vehicle.

2) Now add the Bodykit/Parts that you want to eventually show in your Storefront & save to the car.

3) Go to the MY DESIGNS tab & load the required design on to your car.

4) Go to APPLY VINYLS AND DECALS. (You are shown the right side of the car with the cursor on Tile 1).

5) Press the X button to delete Tile 1 then press the Y button to insert it again.

6) Press the B button & select SAVE TO DESIGN CATALOGUE then press A to save a new file. You will get a prompt to name this new file, I recommend you rename this file TEST.

7) After performing the save the game immediately gives you a prompt to share this new file.... press the B button to cancel - this is the important bit!!!

8) Go to MY DESIGNS & load the file named TEST.

9) Go to APPLY VINYLS AND DECALS. (You are shown the right side of the car with the cursor on Tile 1).

10) Press the X button to delete Tile 1 then press the Y button to insert it again.

11) Press the B button & select SAVE TO CURRENT CAR.

12) Go to the MY DESIGNS tab, scroll to the file named TEST, press the A button & select SHARE. Now fill out the required fields & press the A button to share the file. Your design will now show in your Storefront with the required Bodykit/Parts.

** Remember - Your design will always show as the stock version in the MY DESIGNS tab **

I did this twice as I typed & it worked perfectly ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Hopefully, it will have worked for you too..... but you obviously donโ€™t want a Design file with the name โ€˜TESTโ€™ in your Storefront so go to MY DESIGNS & UNSHARE, then RENAME, then SHARE again (make sure you do it in that order!)

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:01:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 / FH3
#59 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 9:32:17 AM(UTC)

I did this twice as I typed & it worked perfectly ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Hopefully, it will have worked for you too..... but you obviously donโ€™t want a Design file with the name โ€˜TESTโ€™ in your Storefront so go to MY DESIGNS & UNSHARE, then RENAME, then SHARE again (make sure you do it in that order!)

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, it did finally work! Thank you for that!

[img]https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fh4/photo/660becfe-2527-495e-8beb-7103b482a97a[/img]
#60 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:00:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MoritzVanNorden Go to Quoted Post
Yes, it did finally work! Thank you for that!

https://gallery.services...7-495e-8beb-7103b482a97a

No problem ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

FH4 / FH3
#61 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:05:09 PM(UTC)
I just tried this in FH4 and I did follow it exactly. I deleted all designs for the RX7 and started from scratch. I added the body kit, added the decals (I skipped painting), hit B and saved to current car, I then checked to see if it shows the body kit and it does not. Did I miss something?
#62 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:45:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nviron Go to Quoted Post
I just tried this in FH4 and I did follow it exactly. I deleted all designs for the RX7 and started from scratch. I added the body kit, added the decals (I skipped painting), hit B and saved to current car, I then checked to see if it shows the body kit and it does not. Did I miss something?

Ok, thereโ€™s possibly two things that might be causing that Nviron.

1) The first time you hit โ€˜Bโ€™ you needed to SAVE TO DESIGN CATALOGUE not SAVE TO CURRENT CAR. This action creates a duplicate file which is the one you will eventually be saving & sharing. You then need to load that new file & repeat the cut/paste action then SAVE TO CURRENT CAR.
See steps 6) to 12) in my previous post.

2) If youโ€™ve followed the steps correctly, it might just be a simple case that youโ€™re looking in the wrong place. Paints always show as stock in MY DESIGNS. You will need to go to MY CREATIVE HUB (Horizon 4) to see your designs with visible customisation.
๐Ÿ™‚

FH4 / FH3
#63 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 7:39:27 AM(UTC)
This works with matte paint jobs not showing up either? Tried last night but may have messed a step up (was late). All of my matte paint jobs show up as gloss still.
#64 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 4:28:21 AM(UTC)
Works great for getting body kits to show up but still canโ€™t get matte paint to show. I see plenty of matte designs so I know itโ€™s possiblre. Be nice if they just fixed this.
User is suspended until 5/26/2046 12:45:06 PM(UTC)
#65 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:56:35 AM(UTC)
I have nothing good to say. The fact this has been an issue for so long is helarious.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error