This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 11:12:44 PM(UTC)
Thanks midnyte dubh for leading me to your guide. It works perfect, thanks again.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 5:27:53 AM(UTC)
Just tested this now....Worked like a charm....Nice one Dub.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#28 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 8:35:08 AM(UTC)
Love the tutorial, however, I still can't get it to work. I started by selecting a vehicle ('98 Nissan Silvia K's Aero) then installed the Rocket Bunny body kit preset. I created a design and saved it to my current car. Tweaked the design then saved and shared it as my Rocket Bunny design. Although the body kit is installed on the car, the car still shows as stock in my storefront.

Update:
Since I have been having issues with my livery editor (creating and applying decals) since day one of the FH3 release. I shut down my Xbox1 and unplugged all the connections. I reconnected the network and power cables and started the machine up and loaded FH3. I then purchased a new Silvia K's Aero, followed your instructions again and like magic, it worked. Not only was I able to save the livery correctly, as a side benefit, the auto save function on my game finally works.

Edited by user Monday, November 7, 2016 3:40:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:52:25 AM(UTC)
Thanks very helpful!

What exactly happens to deleted shares does anyone know? I understand that no Future uses (and downloads, how could they be downloaded anymore..) of them will yield payouts.
Will the amount of downloads on my storefront status decrease however? If l delete everything on my storefront will my status get reset to zero along with number of downloads accumulated?

I want to reupload some designs but am worried my already low 200 downlod progress will get hampered.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:11:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rockstof Go to Quoted Post
Thanks midnyte dubh for leading me to your guide. It works perfect, thanks again.


Originally Posted by: MOVINGshadow77 Go to Quoted Post
Just tested this now....Worked like a charm....Nice one Dub.


Originally Posted by: ryn0s3r1 Go to Quoted Post

...followed your instructions again and like magic, it worked. Not only was I able to save the livery correctly, as a side benefit, the auto save function on my game finally works.


Cool, glad it's helped chaps 🙂

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:29:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post

What exactly happens to deleted shares does anyone know? I understand that no Future uses (and downloads, how could they be downloaded anymore..) of them will yield payouts.


I'm assuming that would be the case, although now I think about it… the file still exists in someone else's garage even if you delete it from your SF, so why can't it still register usage & payout stats then attribute them to the creator? The file has all the info after all.



Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post

… If l delete everything on my storefront will my status get reset to zero along with number of downloads accumulated?

I want to reupload some designs but am worried my already low 200 downlod progress will get hampered.


I shared a run of 'early access' designs imported from FM6 for VIP members to download. Unshared them after a couple of days & whatever stats they accumulated stayed on my profile. If you re-share a design I assume the game will treat it as a new file & your stats will accrue accordingly.

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:36:40 AM(UTC)
Works like a charm. Thanks Midnyte
Rank: Driver's Permit
#33 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 11:23:30 AM(UTC)
Hey Midnyte
I was finally able to get it done the way you described. I can see my design in the storefront as it was intended to be seen. Paint and all extra body kit/rims are showing now.
Thanks for explaining the process. The way to properly create and share designs seems a bit convoluted when someone new to this is trying to do it on their own. Your guide is spot on.
Cheers :)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 11:17:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyborgHunter Go to Quoted Post
I can see my design in the storefront as it was intended to be seen


Have to say that I wasn't paying attention at first and I thought it wasn't working.
Then I noticed that the customisation was indeed showing in my storefront lol

Did I mention that this article deserves sticky.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 7:47:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Papa Team PkMn Go to Quoted Post
Works like a charm. Thanks Midnyte


Originally Posted by: CyborgHunter Go to Quoted Post
Hey Midnyte
I was finally able to get it done the way you described. I can see my design in the storefront as it was intended to be seen. Paint and all extra body kit/rims are showing now.
Thanks for explaining the process. The way to properly create and share designs seems a bit convoluted when someone new to this is trying to do it on their own. Your guide is spot on.
Cheers :)


You're welcome Papa Team & I'm glad it worked CyborgHunter, I was keeping an eye on the PM just in case 😉



Originally Posted by: Papa Team PkMn Go to Quoted Post

Did I mention that this article deserves sticky.


Thanks again, I've seen a few people post that. There's a link to this thread in [AB]'s 'Database, Tutorial & useful Info' thread so it IS stickied… you just have to know where to look 😉


FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 8:09:06 AM(UTC)
Great guide, thx for the work.

Is there a way to get rid of the duplicate designs that were unfortunately downloaded from the own storefront? When I try to delete a duplicate, it shows a message that this design will be unshared and deleted from my store.

Thanks in advance.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 9:43:29 AM(UTC)
Thank you for this precious advice buddy ;)
None of my designs contain the kit I installed before painting!
I retry with your trick
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:52:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Oldskool1970 Go to Quoted Post
Great guide, thx for the work.

Is there a way to get rid of the duplicate designs that were unfortunately downloaded from the own storefront? When I try to delete a duplicate, it shows a message that this design will be unshared and deleted from my store.

Thanks in advance.


Sorry for the late reply Oldskool. As far as I could make out there's no way to remove a file downloaded from your own SF without unsharing it. (Again, if anyone knows any different then would appreciate them posting here).



Originally Posted by: FRDT Pat theCat Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for this precious advice buddy ;)
None of my designs contain the kit I installed before painting!
I retry with your trick


You're welcome mate, it does look a lot better with the right kit/parts on but I wouldn't worry too much… all your designs look great anyway Pat 😉




FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:43:33 AM(UTC)
Great tutorial M. Dubh, this should help with the multple saves in my catalog. I usually save to car 1st. Till I am finished with design then save to catalog but by then I several saves of the same car. I'm guessing it is because when you save to car it also saves to catalog at same time, so then I go in and delete. But I still don't see stats in s.f except for total downloads not for individual designs.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:04:27 AM(UTC)
The stats for every design is only available in "My Designs". You visit your SF on the Community page as a guest, like everyone else. :)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2016 9:28:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Oldskool1970 Go to Quoted Post
The stats for every design is only available in "My Designs". You visit your SF on the Community page as a guest, like everyone else. :)


Done that, all it shows is total downloads for all designs combined but not individual car downloads. I would like to see each one individually so that I know which ones may need some tweaking. If I click on 1 particular design all it does is redownload it to my designs.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#42 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 1:55:37 AM(UTC)
Ok,
enter a festival > go to GARAGE > go to DESIGNS AND PAINTS > go to MY DESIGNS.
There, and only there, you can see the stats for each design. ;)
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 2:23:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CHEDDARB0B279 Go to Quoted Post
Great tutorial M. Dubh, this should help with the multple saves in my catalog. I usually save to car 1st. Till I am finished with design then save to catalog but by then I several saves of the same car. I'm guessing it is because when you save to car it also saves to catalog at same time…


Thanks Cheddar 🙂
I'm not sure how you're getting multiple saves in your catalogue from using the 'Save to current car' option. As far as I understood it, saving to car only creates a file on the initial save & all subsequent saves to car overwrite that initial file (or the most recently uploaded file if you're switching designs).



Originally Posted by: CHEDDARB0B279 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Oldskool1970 Go to Quoted Post
The stats for every design is only available in "My Designs".


Done that, all it shows is total downloads for all designs combined but not individual car downloads. I would like to see each one individually so that I know which ones may need some tweaking. If I click on 1 particular design all it does is redownload it to my designs.


I bet we've all done that at least once, LoL!
Oldskool is right, it's annoying but the game treats you as a 'guest' in your own SF so if you click on one of your designs to view it's stats, it downloads a file to your catalogue instead. (This might explain how you're getting multiple files of the same car if you're not using the 'Save to design catalogue' option).
What's equally annoying is you can't remove those files you accidentally downloaded from your SF without unsharing the original.

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 7:44:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CHEDDARB0B279 Go to Quoted Post
Great tutorial M. Dubh, this should help with the multple saves in my catalog. I usually save to car 1st. Till I am finished with design then save to catalog but by then I several saves of the same car. I'm guessing it is because when you save to car it also saves to catalog at same time…


Thanks Cheddar 🙂
I'm not sure how you're getting multiple saves in your catalogue from using the 'Save to current car' option. As far as I understood it, saving to car only creates a file on the initial save & all subsequent saves to car overwrite that initial file (or the most recently uploaded file if you're switching designs).



Originally Posted by: CHEDDARB0B279 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Oldskool1970 Go to Quoted Post
The stats for every design is only available in "My Designs".


Done that, all it shows is total downloads for all designs combined but not individual car downloads. I would like to see each one individually so that I know which ones may need some tweaking. If I click on 1 particular design all it does is redownload it to my designs.


I bet we've all done that at least once, LoL!
Oldskool is right, it's annoying but the game treats you as a 'guest' in your own SF so if you click on one of your designs to view it's stats, it downloads a file to your catalogue instead. (This might explain how you're getting multiple files of the same car if you're not using the 'Save to design catalogue' option).
What's equally annoying is you can't remove those files you accidentally downloaded from your SF without unsharing the original.


Ouch! So you can't just delete the "newly" downloaded material? I did follow your steps last night in uploading F100 to S.F. worked like a charm! Thanks M.Dubh for the easy to follow tutorial!

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:56:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CHEDDARB0B279 Go to Quoted Post
Ouch! So you can't just delete the "newly" downloaded material? I did follow your steps last night in uploading F100 to S.F. worked like a charm! Thanks M.Dubh for the easy to follow tutorial!


Nope. If you inadvertently download one of your own designs from your storefront so that you now have multiple copies of the same design under 'My Designs', if you try to delete the new additional design(s) ... your original design will be unshared and you will lose all stats for that design.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 9:53:17 PM(UTC)
Very nice guide. Gonna try this tomorrow. Thx.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#47 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:19:07 PM(UTC)
Quick question, So how do I fix this for a design that I've already created and shared? do I have to completely remake the design on a new car?
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:56:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Microlegend Go to Quoted Post
Very nice guide. Gonna try this tomorrow. Thx.

You're welcome, hope it works. Post here if you have any problems 🙂


Originally Posted by: xPapaEmeritusIV Go to Quoted Post
Quick question, So how do I fix this for a design that I've already created and shared? do I have to completely remake the design on a new car?

No, you just need to create a new file to share to the SF.

Follow the steps in post #3 on the previous page, make sure you have the required body kit/wheels saved to the car before you load & re-save the new file.
Again, post up if you have any problems. 🙂

Edited by user Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:58:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: D-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 5/26/2046 12:45:06 PM(UTC)
#49 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2016 11:55:59 AM(UTC)
Ok so here's the deal. Yes it works but no one explained WHY it works. It only works on the ORIGINAL file. Any Copies saved to my design catalog it doesn't work. And this BUG needs to be fixed because I need to save several versions as part of my design process.

And just for example I have a very detailed design .. but has several locked decals.. and this is the case with a lot of my designs. I Do see the original file name on some as Forza Livery. So if I wanted to remove all decals and share the awesome paint job itself I would have to save Over the same file. Meaning I'd want to make a copy of my detailed design obviously. Then when I share that original file it might work and show body kit and wheels etc that I currently have installed. It might be that I can change wheels out and it will Still work as long as I'm sharing the original. Someone test this with me

Edited by user Tuesday, December 6, 2016 12:40:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#50 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 11:27:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RebelSky11 Go to Quoted Post
Ok so here's the deal. Yes it works but no one explained WHY it works. It only works on the ORIGINAL file. Any Copies saved to my design catalog it doesn't work. And this BUG needs to be fixed because I need to save several versions as part of my design process.


Sorry for the late reply Rebel. Probably best not to get too hung up about why things work the way they do & just concentrate on working around it.



Originally Posted by: RebelSky11 Go to Quoted Post

And just for example I have a very detailed design .. but has several locked decals.. and this is the case with a lot of my designs. I Do see the original file name on some as Forza Livery. So if I wanted to remove all decals and share the awesome paint job itself I would have to save Over the same file. Meaning I'd want to make a copy of my detailed design obviously. Then when I share that original file it might work and show body kit and wheels etc that I currently have installed. It might be that I can change wheels out and it will Still work as long as I'm sharing the original. Someone test this with me


It's a bit difficult to follow exactly what you mean (especially without a screenshot) but I think you would benefit firstly by giving your files a specific name when you save. That way, when you start to edit/remove locked decals you can keep track of the originals and any subsequent copies you make.
Whether you save over an original file or create a duplicate, the process of saving the design plus customisation so that it shows in your Storefront is the same. Personally I always remove any tune/bodykit/rims & design from the car I want to share then reapply them in the correct order - honestly, for the time it takes I think it's a no-brainer as its guaranteed to work.


FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error