This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:29:11 PM(UTC)
I intended to put up this challenge earlier today; hope I didn't accidentally post it on some other forum. It ain't easy getting old.

"Everybody wants to go to Heaven/ ain't nobody wants to die"

But I "die-gress"

From time to time, I intend to announce a "spec" series for bone-stock cars. Nothing to buy or download, no time spent tuning, upgrading, test driving, painting... just grab a factory-fresh car and race it as-is.

OK, so this challenge is taking a completely stock Ferrari F50 on the full course at Iberian. My replay is up, but as we all know, my best isn't really much of a challenge for you good drivers. You can check out my replay if you're interested- I believe my fast lap was number 5.

Anyway, there's no target time. The Grand Prize is a restomod Ferrari 330 P4 in a livery commemorating the 50th anniversary of the BOAC 500 at Brands Hatch. Whoever posts the best clean lap with an untuned, non-upgraded F50 takes it.

The other prize is for everyone who participates in the challenge: a tuned & painted Ferrari Enzo.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:52:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:09:23 PM(UTC)
I like the concept - grab n go from in game selection of cars is pretty cool ........ ran a 56.448 lap 8 ........ played golf on one lap jumped into the sand trap ;o)
....... But officer, I was going too fast to read the speed limit sign
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 11:33:24 PM(UTC)
Massive fan of the F50, I may actually have to give this a go! Driving stock cars is tons of fun on FM4; every car has a very unique feel that's usually lost in tuning. Any quirks a car may have you simply have to learn to deal with, you can't just tune it away. Really puts the emphasis on your own driving abilities.

The Ford GT, Diablo SV, Miura, and Shelby Cobra Daytona are some others that I particularly enjoyed driving stock.
; )

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#4 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 2:59:57 PM(UTC)
I'm all over this like flies on ...... uhh ...... a Ferrari F50? =)

She makes some beautiful music :) - 55.928 on lap 11

I ran the F40 by mistake..... duh..... be back in a bit =)

This one also sounds BEAUTIFUL - F50 55.918 on lap 5

Edited by user Friday, October 7, 2016 10:13:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 2:10:29 AM(UTC)
Got a PB - 55.291 - lap 5
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 9:38:28 AM(UTC)
Excellent Challenge, torque ;] I rather enjoyed this one - hope you have some more Spec Challenges lined up =] Mark me down with a 55.643

aa

aa

aa

aa

aa

aa

aa
sig box
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 2:50:38 PM(UTC)
Here is my result with the stock F50
PB on lap 4 in 0:54.514
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 5:45:37 PM(UTC)
Four Enzos delivered and a fifth being assembled for Titus...
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 11:51:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T0rqueFact0ry Go to Quoted Post
Four Enzos delivered and a fifth being assembled for Titus...

Got it. Thanks
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 6:37:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CostlessCape92 Go to Quoted Post

CC ...reminds me of this video test drive: Ferrari F40 v Ferrari F50. Like You've Never Seen Them Before /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

well worth watching!

@ 57.044 in our stock Ferrari F50 -- I'm a bit off the pace it seems. You guys are fast! ;^)

if I drove a little less enthusiastically... would improve, but it's hard keeping my foot out of this one -- a lot of fun!

#11 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 9:03:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DesigningLeek47 Go to Quoted Post

CC ...reminds me of this video test drive: Ferrari F40 v Ferrari F50. Like You've Never Seen Them Before /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

well worth watching!

@ 57.044 in our stock Ferrari F50 -- I'm a bit off the pace it seems. You guys are fast! ;^)

if I drove a little less enthusiastically... would improve, but it's hard keeping my foot out of this one -- a lot of fun!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that video DL, THANKS.... F40 is the "ONE" =]
CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:01:47 AM(UTC)
Did you get your "participation trophy"?

It's Sunday, and I'm watching an NFL game. The Steelers are in their "throwback" uniforms, which are (to put it mildly) hideous, and it's "wear pink day" besides. Maybe I'll just listen to the game...

I have an Enzo sitting in my garage that probably doesn't belong to me.

Might have been a server issue.

Might have been something I did.

I know, it's far-fetched to imagine me making a mistake, but we have to explore all possibilities.

soooooooooo... if you posted an entry prior to today and did not get your Enzo, plese notify me.
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:18:26 AM(UTC)

It's Sunday, and I'm watching an NFL game. The Steelers are in their "throwback" uniforms, which are (to put it mildly) hideous, and it's "wear pink day" besides. Maybe I'll just listen to the game...

I know, it's far-fetched to imagine me making a mistake, but we have to explore all possibilities.

soooooooooo... if you posted an entry prior to today and did not get your Enzo, plese notify me.

Hi there, i received a yellow F50, but that's ok
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:45:51 AM(UTC)
Enzo received, here ! ! !

Now my garage is full -- again ! (first world problems, I know ;^)

Thanks T0rque !

#15 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:47:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MBD Titus72 Go to Quoted Post

Hi there, i received a yellow F50, but that's ok

OK. That explains everything. Enzo will be forthcoming.

here's why it's important to save these prize cars (even if you have to make room in an overcrowded garage); in the future, there will be an event pitting you & your Enzo against others who won the gold cars, and/or against factory-stock Enzos driven by pro-level AI bots or...?

Edited by user Sunday, October 9, 2016 3:23:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:53:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DesigningLeek47 Go to Quoted Post

well worth watching!

Thanks. It's been so long since I saw that clip, I had pretty much forgotten it. Now that I watched it again, it's clear that a future spec race has to be done with the F40!
If I may indulge in a nitpick, I would remix the audio if I were producing that piece (at least the YouTube version I saw).
I'd bring the engine sound way up, and the fanboy bit way down.
#17 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 1:12:05 PM(UTC)
I will try the spec racing but i SERIOUSLY doubt i will be competetive . It just doesnt suit my style at all .
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:27:17 AM(UTC)
Coming soon~
A multi-challenge with the F40. There will be a spec race plus a feature race using upgraded cars. This should appeal to both spec racing enthusiasts and those who prefer customized cars. The "Triple Challenge" (Porsche 550) is an example.

Look for the same format with other models as well. I'm thinking the BMW 2002 is a likely candidate.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:28:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:35:49 AM(UTC)
54.494 on lap 18 (sorry), replay's in my storefront. Not too bad considering I've played FM4 like twice (including this session) in the past several months. Lol

Definitely possible to get another 2 tenths out of it, but not with my inconsistency. Far too often I blew a best lap trying to drive cautiously once I saw a green time split. On tracks with longer straights I'll usually leave the telemetry HUD up so I can't see my time until the lap is completed, that way I keep pushing and maintain a good lap. Not exactly possible to do on this track where turn 1 is a second after the finish line. : P

Edited by user Saturday, October 15, 2016 2:42:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:31:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post
54.494 on lap 18 (sorry), replay's in my storefront.

Nice drive! Great phtots too.
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 2:19:46 PM(UTC)
Nice drive! Great phtots too.

Danke! : )

#22 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:57:15 AM(UTC)
Time update : 0:54.367 on lap 14
PB and replay uploaded
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 5:44:36 PM(UTC)
Ayy, new time, 54.330 on lap 6. New replay is also up.

Rejus is down in the 54.2s though. ; )

#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:12:32 AM(UTC)
Yakov Alfa wrote:

"looking good is more important than looking where you're going"
~Clarkson
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:19:51 AM(UTC)
I got a new PB of 56:052 .!was more fun than i expected tbh . I might actually get to like driving stock cars at this rate ! ! !
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error