2 Pages12Prev
Rank: Racing Permit
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:40:05 PM(UTC)
Finally managed a clean lap in dragging 70 corvette tune lap 5 had a time of 58:352 pushed it too hard on the last 3 laps of the replay and broke a tie rod or something.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:44:52 PM(UTC)
Excellent work, Rob 👍 Thanks for the pics 😉
sig box
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:23:15 PM(UTC)
1960 Chevrolet Corvette (325hp):



57.622

...had higher hopes for this one (probably, just me drivin') -- which reminds me -- Which car was it that you were hoping was going to "show" well, Kool?

Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:17:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: updated hp & time

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:25:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DesigningLeek47 Go to Quoted Post
1960 Chevrolet Corvette (355hp):

(imaging a picture here, I failed to save my replay! ...perhaps I'll remedy that, later ;^)

57.753

...had higher hopes for this one (probably, just me drivin') -- which reminds me -- Which car was it that you were hoping was going to "show" well, Kool?






I was really hoping the 69 Nova was my sweetheart - my favorite muscle on the game 💕

I have tried a few more and will be posting soon - one of em oh so close to my 69 Firebird time 😉

sig box
Rank: Racing Permit
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:16:54 PM(UTC)
The only thing holding me back on these challenges is I suck at track tuning, if I could make tunes like you guys i could get the times easier.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:53:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KoolIROCZ1967 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DesigningLeek47 Go to Quoted Post
1960 Chevrolet Corvette (355hp):

(imaging a picture here, I failed to save my replay! ...perhaps I'll remedy that, later ;^)

57.753

...had higher hopes for this one (probably, just me drivin') -- which reminds me -- Which car was it that you were hoping was going to "show" well, Kool?






I was really hoping the 69 Nova was my sweetheart - my favorite muscle on the game 💕

I have tried a few more and will be posting soon - one of em oh so close to my 69 Firebird time 😉



I had a '68 Nova for a short time... back in the early 80's - It was a real barn fine, seriously... out of a barn! ...had to tow it home ;^) And it was an odd one too... a stock four, yes 4 cylinder! ...teenage me painted over the olive green for fire engine red, pulled that four cylinder for a 350 V8! ...then, promptly, sold it. LOL


Rank: D-Class Racing License
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:10:16 PM(UTC)
1:03.689 (lap 8)
replay on SF
photos tomorrow
my B Grade jalopy isn't going to win the race (even with a much better driver) but it's good practice driving a car that's a real handful once in awhile.
Skinny street tires
375 bhp
B500
93 Mustang engine, supercharged
no aero
no bumpers
no cage
no helmet
no brains
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#33 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 2:02:23 AM(UTC)
So I loaded a build for an under-dog under-appreciated under-rated car that will undoubtedly knock the 70 Vette off .......... the 70 Buick GSX I ran a 56.733 have replay ..... a few too many laps than I want to load but it's without a doubt a high 56.5 to a very low 56.6 car for this challenge ...... some fresh hands would get that tiny extra push ....... feel free to try it out ..... you only need 3rd gear on the straight
....... But officer, I was going too fast to read the speed limit sign
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 3:05:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T0rqueFact0ry Go to Quoted Post
1:03.689 (lap 8)
replay on SF
photos tomorrow
my B Grade jalopy isn't going to win the race (even with a much better driver) but it's good practice driving a car that's a real handful once in awhile.
Skinny street tires
375 bhp
B500
93 Mustang engine, supercharged
no aero
no bumpers
no cage
no helmet
no brains


Excellent work, torque 👍
sig box
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 3:06:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DRAGGINSLAYER01 Go to Quoted Post
So I loaded a build for an under-dog under-appreciated under-rated car that will undoubtedly knock the 70 Vette off .......... the 70 Buick GSX I ran a 56.733 have replay ..... a few too many laps than I want to load but it's without a doubt a high 56.5 to a very low 56.6 car for this challenge ...... some fresh hands would get that tiny extra push ....... feel free to try it out ..... you only need 3rd gear on the straight


Buick, eh? 😉 I will be giving this one a run 👍 Thanks, D
sig box
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 5:32:13 AM(UTC)
While in Japan I ran into a fellow from Grackle Hill, Ohio who is a master dragracer and a wizard with a wrench. Here's The Widowmaker as it looked when I made my first attempt:







Now the car has bumpers and a roll cage, 247 bhp, B499. The new replay is up on the SF.
My entry for the record: 1:01.773 on lap 7.
Thanks for the tuning help (and the parts car) goes to Dragginslayer01
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 6:18:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DRAGGINSLAYER01 Go to Quoted Post
So I loaded a build for an under-dog under-appreciated under-rated car that will undoubtedly knock the 70 Vette off .......... the 70 Buick GSX I ran a 56.733 have replay ..... a few too many laps than I want to load but it's without a doubt a high 56.5 to a very low 56.6 car for this challenge ...... some fresh hands would get that tiny extra push ....... feel free to try it out ..... you only need 3rd gear on the straight


Draggin'! - I tried this one early on and had pretty much written it off, I was only just in the high 57's with mine.

...am going to have to go, check yours out!

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 6:57:08 AM(UTC)
Well, me, in Driggin's, 360hp Buick = 57.630

...in his '70 375hp Corvette = 57.256 (my current pb)

IMHO the Buick needs a bit more psi in the tires ;^)

Both "Five Star" though!

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#39 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:04:35 AM(UTC)
Oh so close... 66 Nova - 57.485 - 350 hp


aa

aa

aa


68 Barracuda - 57.915 - 352 hp


aa

aa

aa


70 GSX - DRAGGIN build - 57.678 - 360 hp


aa

aa

69 Camaro - 57.504 - 290 hp


aa

aa

aa

sig box
Rank: Racing Permit
#40 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:07:14 AM(UTC)
I have not much experience in tuning muscle cars
but i managed a 0:56.482 on lap 2 and 10 ;)
with the '69 Chevy Nova SS
Replay on store
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:16:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MBD Titus72 Go to Quoted Post
I have not much experience in tuning muscle cars
but i managed a 0:56.482 on lap 2 and 10 ;)
with the '69 Chevy Nova SS
Replay on store


Sounds like ya do 😉 Great run Titus 👍
sig box
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#42 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 12:18:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MBD Titus72 Go to Quoted Post
I have not much experience in tuning muscle cars
but i managed a 0:56.482 on lap 2 and 10 ;)
with the '69 Chevy Nova SS
Replay on store


Lightnin' McQueen jumped on board ;o)

I could only manage 56.919 in my 69 Nova but that would probably be about right anyway for where I typically run behind ya - actually i'm closer than normal :o)
....... But officer, I was going too fast to read the speed limit sign
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 1:49:44 PM(UTC)
1970 Buick GSX (360hp):



57.363

after a bit of tunin' and fiddlin'...

...still have not caught the ghost of myself in Draggins' C3!

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:39:10 AM(UTC)
This meat is done - closing this one up - thanks to everyone who participated 👍
sig box
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error