This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:09:25 PM(UTC)
Personally I think drifting should be RWD only but each to their own. Why is everyone AWD?
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:11:08 PM(UTC)
Agreed, I don't even call AWD drifting. It's power sliding
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:10:34 PM(UTC)
The best way to get points in drift zones is to get max angle. The easiest way to keep max angle is speed. Add power to your front wheels and you have an impossible score for a RWD.
PC Gaming Community - Day0.com.au
PC Gaming Teamspeak - TS.Day0.com.au
Rank: Driver's Permit
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:15:33 PM(UTC)
Agree completely, Makes me even happier that I got top 3 percent using my wheel last night when I went through one.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:37:24 PM(UTC)
Quick insight from an evil-bad AWD 'powerslider'. 90% rear torque split on my AWD Dart, and it is VERY hard to drive. I can run close to these scores in a RWD, but an AWD hits them faster (I will not go through traffic for hours on end to hit a score). Stop complaining about other people. Stop making excuses to placate your jealous ego for an inability to do what they do.

The points gap in Forza 4 between AWD and RWD was about 500 points for an 88k lap. That is marginal at best. Pretty sure it is the same thing for this game, and I'd also like to point out that RWD feels easier than AWD to drift in horizon games.

If it is so easy, do it.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:38:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:56:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
Quick insight from an evil-bad AWD 'powerslider'. 90% rear torque split on my AWD Dart, and it is VERY hard to drive. I can run close to these scores in a RWD, but an AWD hits them faster (I will not go through traffic for hours on end to hit a score). Stop complaining about other people. Stop making excuses to placate your jealous ego for an inability to do what they do.

The points gap in Forza 4 between AWD and RWD was about 500 points for an 88k lap. That is marginal at best. Pretty sure it is the same thing for this game, and I'd also like to point out that RWD feels easier than AWD to drift in horizon games.

If it is so easy, do it.


Private Freeroam removes drivatars. So it is very easy to do high-speed runs (I've done it in a RWD). However it is a lot easier in an AWD. I guess you didn't set-up your AWD properly?

PC Gaming Community - Day0.com.au
PC Gaming Teamspeak - TS.Day0.com.au
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:29:21 AM(UTC)
I love how people complain about AWD drifting as they always come out with the same thing "It's not drifting it's power sliding." But have you actually looked at the tunes for cars people use who are at the top, they are basically RWD anyway as delta hx explained.
Yeah I'm a dog so that means I pack a mean bite so watch out
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:44:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Raided Go to Quoted Post


I guess you didn't set-up your AWD properly?



It is far from perfect, but for now I am top 10 in most drift zones I have unlocked. What I meant by the 'hard to drive' part of my post is that someone who thinks they can drift well would not find my Dart easy to drive, especially to pull the points I am getting. But that is beside the point.


I have said this hundreds of times, but hopefully this time it will stick:

Stop trying to divide your own community. Stop trying to act like the drifting fashion police. Drifting is all but dead in Forza due to silly drama (I can't even remember all the people who quit due to FM4 drift leaderboard drama). Rammers own motorsport 6 drift lobbies, and any mention of drifting in Horizon (bucket lists that only require you to tap the a button once, skill chains rewarding even when you spin out, etc) is almost patronizing, but for some reason preferred drive type is the biggest issue. Fighting with people on your side is not productive in any way, so I am trying to nip this in the bud before it goes out of control again.
Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
Rank: Driver's License
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:58:03 AM(UTC)
I never checked actual scoreboards, as I usually end up in top 25%, not really a record breaker so I don't bother with leaderboards, I drift for fun. However, do these leaderboards specify if it was an AWD or RWD car? I drift an R33 with a RWD conversion on, would this come up as "R33 RWD" or just "R33"?
Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:16:26 AM(UTC)
An easy solution for this would be to split the leaderboard in two. One for RWD and one for AWD.
Rank: Racing Permit
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:53:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BeDoomed Go to Quoted Post
I never checked actual scoreboards, as I usually end up in top 25%, not really a record breaker so I don't bother with leaderboards, I drift for fun. However, do these leaderboards specify if it was an AWD or RWD car? I drift an R33 with a RWD conversion on, would this come up as "R33 RWD" or just "R33"?


The leaderboard would just say that you are using a R33. It does not say you are using RWD or AWD.

Rank: Driver's License
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:10:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ymer la Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BeDoomed Go to Quoted Post
I never checked actual scoreboards, as I usually end up in top 25%, not really a record breaker so I don't bother with leaderboards, I drift for fun. However, do these leaderboards specify if it was an AWD or RWD car? I drift an R33 with a RWD conversion on, would this come up as "R33 RWD" or just "R33"?


The leaderboard would just say that you are using a R33. It does not say you are using RWD or AWD.



In that case, haven't you just pretty much corrected your original post? How can you be absolutely certain that the top guys in leaderboards used AWD? Just saying...
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:45:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BeDoomed Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ymer la Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BeDoomed Go to Quoted Post
I never checked actual scoreboards, as I usually end up in top 25%, not really a record breaker so I don't bother with leaderboards, I drift for fun. However, do these leaderboards specify if it was an AWD or RWD car? I drift an R33 with a RWD conversion on, would this come up as "R33 RWD" or just "R33"?


The leaderboard would just say that you are using a R33. It does not say you are using RWD or AWD.



In that case, haven't you just pretty much corrected your original post? How can you be absolutely certain that the top guys in leaderboards used AWD? Just saying...


Performance index and guessing.
Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:53:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Raided Go to Quoted Post
...Private Freeroam removes drivatars. So it is very easy to do high-speed runs (I've done it in a RWD). However it is a lot easier in an AWD. I guess you didn't set-up your AWD properly?

That is the best drift hint I read so far. Finally I got a chance doing those 3-star challenges. Thanks!
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:24:45 AM(UTC)
being that im top 10 for nearly every drift zone, yes awd is used but its so much easier to use when im keeping the perfect angle and i can just power through instead of having to correct every second and becareful with my power and also as some1 pointed out most awd tunes are set near to rwd, mine is 83% to the rear, that 17% to the front keeps it steady as im taking corners without worrying about the back end slipping and ruining my run
Forza Drifter
Top 25 FM4 Overall Leaderboard Drifter, Top 15 FWD Leaderboard Drifter
Top 10 FM6 Rivals Drifter
Rank: Driver's Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:46:14 AM(UTC)
Technically, if the car is AWD its not allowed to compete in drift championships in RL. So with that logic AWD cars are not drifting.

Source: http://club4ag.com/OLD%2...x_usa_rules__regula.htm

However having said that, it is a game but i can understand why the RWD people don't like being on the same scoreboard. Definitely think we should have seperate boards. :)
Rank: Racing Permit
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:36:48 AM(UTC)
I got the game yesterday and got 2nd in surfers paradise and 7th in another yet to unlock the rest. Awd just makes you transfer quicker in the points zone and your able to keep the perfect angle a bit easier. Rwd you can brake slide alot longer and you just have to counter steer but rwd has been dumbed down, so easy compared to forza 6
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:57:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Noggin Go to Quoted Post
Technically, if the car is AWD its not allowed to compete in drift championships in RL. So with that logic AWD cars are not drifting.

Source: http://club4ag.com/OLD%2...x_usa_rules__regula.htm

However having said that, it is a game but i can understand why the RWD people don't like being on the same scoreboard. Definitely think we should have seperate boards. :)


Well, drifting like they do in formula d/ D1 is a lot easier in RWD. And no, it isn't following any logical basis that AWD drifting is therefore not drifting because the pinnacle of the sport is a certain way. For example, F1 (the pinnacle of motorsport) is done in rwd, open wheeled, one-off chassis. If you aren't doing that, following your 'logic', you aren't really racing. Again, it is not really logic, but mere opinion.

This is what it means to drift: "Drifting is a driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires, while maintaining control for the entirety of a corner. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, to such an extent that often the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa, also known as opposite lock or counter-steering)." Pretty sure all drive types can do this, but it is MUCH EASIER to do in RWD in real life.

And yes, please make drive type leaderboard distinctions. I'd love to be top ten on those, too.
Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
Rank: Driver's Permit
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:50:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Noggin Go to Quoted Post
Technically, if the car is AWD its not allowed to compete in drift championships in RL. So with that logic AWD cars are not drifting.

Source: http://club4ag.com/OLD%2...x_usa_rules__regula.htm

However having said that, it is a game but i can understand why the RWD people don't like being on the same scoreboard. Definitely think we should have seperate boards. :)


Well, drifting like they do in formula d/ D1 is a lot easier in RWD. And no, it isn't following any logical basis that AWD drifting is therefore not drifting because the pinnacle of the sport is a certain way. For example, F1 (the pinnacle of motorsport) is done in rwd, open wheeled, one-off chassis. If you aren't doing that, following your 'logic', you aren't really racing. Again, it is not really logic, but mere opinion.

This is what it means to drift: "Drifting is a driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires, while maintaining control for the entirety of a corner. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, to such an extent that often the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa, also known as opposite lock or counter-steering)." Pretty sure all drive types can do this, but it is MUCH EASIER to do in RWD in real life.

And yes, please make drive type leaderboard distinctions. I'd love to be top ten on those, too.


I wasn't trying to sound patronising earlier and I really was asking a question to how you are setting up your AWD, I merely meant that due to how FH3 calculates points, it is easier to use an AWD to get points as you can keep angle for longer around a corner. You can get angle earlier in the corner and later out of the corner. It's just simply easier to get points in the Drift Zones. I didn't mean to get people worked up with each other. As far as me, I'm going to keep RWD drifting cos I prefer it. Top 1% of a zone is good enough for me.

PC Gaming Community - Day0.com.au
PC Gaming Teamspeak - TS.Day0.com.au
Rank: Driver's Permit
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:59:46 PM(UTC)
Also what annoys me the most is that the two Horizon Edition cars with Drift Skills (M3 & Focus), have increased steering lock. Like seriously???
PC Gaming Community - Day0.com.au
PC Gaming Teamspeak - TS.Day0.com.au
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:43:13 AM(UTC)
I'm one of those lame AWD dudes. It's much easier to do a fast power slide in an AWD that counts as drifting in this game than doing the real thing. I'm just after the three-stars, not particular records. All perfectly possible in my maxed-out Ariel Nomad with offroad springs and tires, with no tuning whatsoever.

Another problem with normal drifting: if you drift too slow it counts as burnout in FH3.
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:56:23 AM(UTC)
How can you say AWD isn't drifting when the best drifter in the world, Ken Block, drifts AWD cars. RWD is fake drifting for amatuers.

Drift Bound Leader
Dat's true Zed, ya.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:41:10 PM(UTC)
I do drift zones in an Aventador because it makes for effortless 3 stars, and therefore rapid leveling up. I know it's not drifting, but it's not my fault Forza accepts power slides as drifts.

In fairness, I don't chase leaderboards.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:57:17 PM(UTC)
drift zone leaderboard don't really matter in my opinion when i drift just try to keep on the other guys door in frront of me and if your can brake drift the zones if your that thirsty of a leaderboard spot. I'm top 300 on everyone of the drift zones in RWD car its not that hard.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#25 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 8:32:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
Quick insight from an evil-bad AWD 'powerslider'. 90% rear torque split on my AWD Dart, and it is VERY hard to drive. I can run close to these scores in a RWD, but an AWD hits them faster (I will not go through traffic for hours on end to hit a score). Stop complaining about other people. Stop making excuses to placate your jealous ego for an inability to do what they do.

The points gap in Forza 4 between AWD and RWD was about 500 points for an 88k lap. That is marginal at best. Pretty sure it is the same thing for this game, and I'd also like to point out that RWD feels easier than AWD to drift in horizon games.

If it is so easy, do it.


I'm ok with any type of car being on the top of the leaderboard, but I don't think anyone is jealous I think people are just stuck in their technical terms

Edited by user Friday, September 30, 2016 8:35:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error