3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:05:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Drows24 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

But on the other hand, I'm not sure how a RWD car can have a differential cause understeer...

If you are unsure about it why post that very thing in the OP.

Here are the details for you:

A diff can cause understeer on a RWD car if accel is too low or decel is too high.

that is not details, its saying the exact same thing again.

I agree the original post is wrong on the matter, and its an error in writting and not in understanding.
But I'm still wondering how a RWD car which would be "perfectly neutral" (I know its impossible but for the exemple, lets say it is) would gain understeer.
In my head, it would oversteer less, not understeer more.

Well firstly rwd cars can understeer. But the terms oversteer and understeer are actually used way too much.

But applying your thoughts you could say increasing decel diff reduces off gas oversteer.

Edit: just rereading your reply I am not sure you understand the point being made. For decel diff the opposite of what you say in the op is true.

Edit 2: this is what you have in the OP:

A too high % here, and the car will have oversteer on corner entrance. Too low and the driving wheels braking wont be optimized (Sometime will cause one of the driving wheel to lose grip)

Suggest replacing it with:

A too low % here, and the car will have oversteer on corner entrance. Too high and the driving wheels braking wont be optimized (Sometime will cause one of the driving wheel to lose grip)

Edited by user Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:58:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:10:40 PM(UTC)

Well firstly rwd cars can understeer.

Yeah, but not because of the differential setting. Well as far as I know, I could be wrong (Which is what I want to know)

Suggest replacing it with:

A too low % here, and the car will have oversteer on corner entrance. Too high and the driving wheels braking wont be optimized (Sometime will cause one of the driving wheel to lose grip)

Totaly agree.
#53 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:52:28 PM(UTC)
If the rear end is too planted which can be for multiple different reasons then the car will not turn when you ask it to.

Take one of your more neutral tunes and do nothing except put the diff on 0 accel and 100 decel and see what happens when you try to turn.

Obviously it depends on what your diff settings were before you started but you should find it harder to turn. I think you are impliying that you would still be getting oversteer but not as much as before. I doubt it but it all depends what we judge as neutral.

It also depends on what we view and even what is the correct use of the terms oversteer and understeer.

I tend to talk about a cars ability to turn. Part of that is due to the backends ability to follow what the front end is asking of it. The diff is part of that obviously along with all the other rear end settings as well.

With the 0/100 settings I propose using for test purposes the backend (as far as the diff goes) just wants to go straight ahead. To me that is a potential cause for understeer in that you will turning the steering but the backend will not respond. You might get it to respond by giving it too much gas but that is your reaction to the initial understeer.
I blame the ants.
User is suspended until 11/28/2042 2:06:57 PM(UTC)
#54 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:27:18 PM(UTC)
The diff has two settings:

Accel: you'll notice this as you EXIT a corner. Depending on the setting you will get more or less tire spin. The more accel the more the rear will rotate. Further depending on the type of corner i.e the sweeper on Rd. Atl Club you need a higher diff setting.

Decel: You'll notice this when entering a corner. Lower setting more turn in (oversteer). Higher setting less turn in (understeer). Again depending on corner type a higher or lower setting may be needed to achieve optimum cornering speed.

As an aside. If you uncertain as to how things work in the game, why are you passing this misinformation on to beginners.

Just stop. Just sayin.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:32:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SM0K0ZUNA Go to Quoted Post
Decel :

this is wrong you have it backwards. you guys shouldnt post guides like this if you dont know what your talking about.

Well if its the only thing wrong... it isnt so bad isnt it ?
The plan was to help beginners, and seem it worked.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure how a RWD car can have a differential cause understeer...

i was too hard on you.

i apologize

#56 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:31:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ECT Loco UBoG Go to Quoted Post
The diff has two settings:

Accel: you'll notice this as you EXIT a corner. Depending on the setting you will get more or less tire spin. The more accel the more the rear will rotate. Further depending on the type of corner i.e the sweeper on Rd. Atl Club you need a higher diff setting.

Decel: You'll notice this when entering a corner. Lower setting more turn in (oversteer). Higher setting less turn in (understeer). Again depending on corner type a higher or lower setting may be needed to achieve optimum cornering speed.

As an aside. If you uncertain as to how things work in the game, why are you passing this misinformation on to beginners.

I fixed the original post.
If you still disagree with it, you don't disagree with me anymore.

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error