3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:28:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Drows24 Go to Quoted Post

S-Class F50 on laguna Seca. He's now something like 280 position.

Thanks Drows.....so he obviously got a ~"better" tune than what he had and was able to post a better time (new PB). Tune/build was faster, thus, why [what helped him]? Thanks!

I have no idea what he was running before, so I cannot really tell what was "better".
I can on the other hand say he's a better driver then I am.
He was easily 3 second faster then me.
Which is what I was curious about.

I'm not here to prove "If I'm good". Does it really matter if all the info here are right ?
Would me behing a good or bad tuner make these info true or false ?
User is suspended until 11/28/2042 2:06:57 PM(UTC)
#27 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:53:43 AM(UTC)

I'm not here to prove "If I'm good". Does it really matter if all the info here are right ?
Would me behing a good or bad tuner make these info true or false ?[/quote]

Yes. Re-read your question. If you don't know what you're doing when tuning a car, then giving someone else misinformation is wrong. There unfortunately isn't a single way to tune a car. However there are good or "conventional" ways to set camber, diffs, alignment, etc. Also builds are very conventional.

Just stop. Just sayin.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:00:36 AM(UTC)
Double post

Edited by user Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:02:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:01:01 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ECT Loco UBoG Go to Quoted Post

Yes. Re-read your question. If you don't know what you're doing when tuning a car, then giving someone else misinformation is wrong. There unfortunately isn't a single way to tune a car. However there are good or "conventional" ways to set camber, diffs, alignment, etc. Also builds are very conventional.

You can be a bad tuner and still know what everything is supposed to make.

I didnt see anyone challenge what I writed (except tuning order) so that must mean the info I've given were about right ?
If players can start tuning from here, does it matter if I'm not personnaly able to tune ?[/quote]

Edited by user Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:02:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:07:37 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ECT Loco UBoG Go to Quoted Post

You can be a bad tuner and still know what everything is supposed to make.

I didnt see anyone challenge what I writed (except tuning order) so that must mean the info I've given were about right ?
If players can start tuning from here, does it matter if I'm not personnaly able to tune ?
[/quote]

Yes. Further quick glance your guide doesn't differ much from the in game explanations.

Just stop. Just sayin.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:41:27 AM(UTC)
Hey just an update. Those changes you made worked well. It still handled great. Almost identical. But the extra power paid off. Dropped to 183rd pretty easily. Then I beat it again yesterday with a 1:26 flat. I forget what place that was. I cant check for come reason Laguna times wont load.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:46:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EliteApices Go to Quoted Post
Hey just an update. Those changes you made worked well. It still handled great. Almost identical. But the extra power paid off. Dropped to 183rd pretty easily. Then I beat it again yesterday with a 1:26 flat. I forget what place that was. I cant check for come reason Laguna times wont load.

With which version ?
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:53:25 AM(UTC)

With which version ?

V2. The V1 and V1.1 were short on power. GOBS of grip but they didnt pull hard enough. Worked well on that tiny Cat track for a top 100 there. Especially considering 80% of the cars in front of me are X-Bows. And Prague short it was good enough for around 80th. Wasnt my PB though.

Let me know here or PM if you swap anything out on it and Ill put in some more laps. I would really like a top 100 at Laguna.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:04:55 AM(UTC)
I'm at work, so I cannot confirm, but I think I've made a V3
#35 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:09:10 AM(UTC)
Sweet. Ill take a look in a couple hours when I get out of work.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:57:14 AM(UTC)

S-Class F50 on laguna Seca. He's now something like 280 position.

Thanks Drows.....so he obviously got a ~"better" tune than what he had and was able to post a better time (new PB). Tune/build was faster, thus, why [what helped him]? Thanks!

I have no idea what he was running before, so I cannot really tell what was "better".
I can on the other hand say he's a better driver then I am.
He was easily 3 second faster then me.
Which is what I was curious about.

Sorry if you mis-interpreted what I asked for and/or I mis-wrote such. I was basically asking what changes made him get better times. What settings were changed and so forth that made the tune better for the driver (EliteApices). I am just trying to learn as much as possible. Thus, not sure about what you wrote on the last 3 sentences & why!!! Anyway, thank you!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:58:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:18:08 PM(UTC)

Sorry if you mis-interpreted what I asked for and/or I mis-wrote such. I was basically asking what changes made him get better times. What settings were changed and so forth that made the tune better for the driver (EliteApices). I am just trying to learn as much as possible. Thus, not sure about what you wrote on the last 3 sentences & why!!! Anyway, thank you!

I don't know with what he got his personnal best prior to running my car.
I made "V1" for him. He then improved his personnal best.
I then made "V1.1" and "V2" based on his feedback.
V1.1 was V1 but some change in the tuning.
V2 was the same tune then V1 with differents parts installed.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:36:52 PM(UTC)
Thanks Drows!

DJ Saoco
#39 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2014 3:09:57 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the beginner notes way back up top of this thread! I know as beginner, I needed ALL the help I could/can get! An advanced "what to look for" explanation would be great as well... The one thing is that tuning is not a "one way only" art, yet any help getting closer to "perfection" should help if you have a clue about the basics. It's getting that tenth, or hundredth, that makes a difference at higher experienced levels. Cheers for the effort! Keep it comin!
#40 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2014 9:58:01 AM(UTC)
I think it could still help people
#41 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 2:52:15 PM(UTC)
Thank you for this.

I have absolutely no clue how to tune a car whatsoever, so this has been really useful.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:12:48 AM(UTC)

Before we Begin II :
Which order should you tune :
The car should be tuned as a whole. Each part affect another.Start by the parts you're sure you understand. Then, save your tune and go for the parts you know less about, this way you can always come back to your original tune.
If you're really looking for an order, here the order I do it most of the time :
Tire
Gearing
Brake
Differential
Spring
Damping
Anti-roll bar
Aero

I would love to see somebody describe in detail an advanced approach at this. Maybe describe what to look for in each item before moving on. And explaining when to come back.

I just need more time off work :/

Well tuning is like an art, to each its own way.
I could do a little "How to" of how I personnaly do it or something.

This is for those starting to learn tuning.

This is a very good guide for beginners to start learning get to tune. But as was just stated it is an art and everybody goes about it differently cause everybody has a different driving style. Some of my settings make my car impossible to drive by anyone but me. Then there are some people love to use cause it works for them also. Basicly just learn what you need to start and go from there until you can tune to you're own style and you will do just fine in races.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2014 1:05:13 PM(UTC)
Glad I could help guys.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:45:07 AM(UTC)
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
#45 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 9:44:33 AM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 8:24:17 PM(UTC)
Decel :
A too high % here, and the car will have oversteer on corner entrance.

this is wrong you have it backwards. you guys shouldnt post guides like this if you dont know what your talking about.

low decel causes throttle off over-steer, high decel causes throttle off under-steer.

Edited by user Sunday, December 7, 2014 8:25:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 5:53:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SM0K0ZUNA Go to Quoted Post
Decel :

this is wrong you have it backwards. you guys shouldnt post guides like this if you dont know what your talking about.

Well if its the only thing wrong... it isnt so bad isnt it ?
The plan was to help beginners, and seem it worked.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure how a RWD car can have a differential cause understeer...

Edited by user Monday, December 8, 2014 6:02:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 11:18:14 AM(UTC)
Having the single most important thing to a tune, and tuning wrong is no big deal.

Just stop. Just sayin.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 12:21:32 PM(UTC)

But on the other hand, I'm not sure how a RWD car can have a differential cause understeer...

If you are unsure about it why post that very thing in the OP.

Here are the details for you:

A diff can cause understeer on a RWD car if accel is too low or decel is too high.

I blame the ants.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:07:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

If you are unsure about it why post that very thing in the OP.

Here are the details for you:

A diff can cause understeer on a RWD car if accel is too low or decel is too high.

that is not details, its saying the exact same thing again.

I agree the original post is wrong on the matter, and its an error in writting and not in understanding.
But I'm still wondering how a RWD car which would be "perfectly neutral" (I know its impossible but for the exemple, lets say it is) would gain understeer.
In my head, it would oversteer less, not understeer more.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error