6 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 12:52:54 PM(UTC)
Hi all.
I've never been into photography in previous Forza titles, but after fooling around a bit in the Forza Horizon 3 demo I fell in love with it.
I noticed everyone's creating their own threads to show their content, so I decided to do the same thing.
Let me know what you think and what aspects I could improve on.

Demo shots
(I'll be trying to recreate these in the full game sometime in the near future)

Full game

R8

R8

R8

GT86

GT86

Penhall

F-Type

F-Type

F-Type

F-Type

Edited by user Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:02:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 2:52:48 PM(UTC)
Really like that 2nd F-type shot, keep em coming :)
#3 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 5:46:49 PM(UTC)
The composition in shot 16 has been setup in the right manner.

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:20:06 PM(UTC)
I really like the one with the buggy! I feel like it needs just a little more to make it a killer shot

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:15:11 AM(UTC)

I'd say you're off to a lovely start! Awesome lighting in that one.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:30:47 AM(UTC)
Thank you for the kind words guys. From what I've read you are all well known within the forzatography scene, so I really appreciate it.
What would you change iHomie? I'm still figuring out how all the sliders affect the photos.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 9:45:20 AM(UTC)
I'm not regularly updating, but here are some shots I just took from my recently finished BMW M2 with M-Performance livery.

#8 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 9:55:12 AM(UTC)
The last shot of the F-Type has a really serene feeling to it. I also love the detail in the track marks!
#9 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 9:59:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
What would you change iHomie? I'm still figuring out how all the sliders affect the photos.

I would probably add some aperture to the shot to give it depth, and bump up the exposure a touch as the image seems dark!

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#10 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:14:32 AM(UTC)
I really like these two! Good job so far!

F-Type

F-Type

#11 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 12:18:54 PM(UTC)
Really nice job with the light settings on the blue Subarotayu FR-86. Harsh light like that can be hard to manage. Really nice start!
#12 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 1:31:16 PM(UTC)
Very nice work! My favorite one is the Jag at the beach
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 9:25:08 AM(UTC)
I like this:

Nice looking livery too!
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 5:51:58 AM(UTC)
Thank you all for the kind words.
Got some spare time this weekend, so took this beauty out for a shoot:

#15 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 6:05:47 AM(UTC)

Creative!

May I suggest using aperture more? To add more separation between subject and background

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 6:24:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iHomie OG Go to Quoted Post

Creative!

May I suggest using aperture more? To add more separation between subject and background

Yeah I'm trying to do so but everytime I focus on the car when it's zoomed in, large parts of the car get blurry too ..

#17 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 7:27:12 AM(UTC)

Yeah I'm trying to do so but everytime I focus on the car when it's zoomed in, large parts of the car get blurry too ..

Typically, aperture gets more dramatic when you zoom in, depending on how close you're focusing.
So high zoom=lower aperture would make the same amount of blur as low zoom=high aperture.

Aperture is one of those things that should be adjusted to suit each shot, and it's easier if you adjust it last

Edited by user Sunday, October 9, 2016 7:29:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 7:48:20 AM(UTC)

Typically, aperture gets more dramatic when you zoom in, depending on how close you're focusing.
So high zoom=lower aperture would make the same amount of blur as low zoom=high aperture.

Aperture is one of those things that should be adjusted to suit each shot, and it's easier if you adjust it last

Could you maybe explain how you would do it in this shot (or another one that suits you better)?

In this case, the car takes up alot of space since it's zoomed in. When I press 'X' to focus, the camera-pointer is only aimed at, let's say, the right rear lights. If I focus then, a large part of the car will become blurry as well, while I would only like the environment around it to get blurry. How do you solve that?

Then there's also the 'focus' slider, of which I still don't know what it's doing. Is it this: if I set the slider to 30, will the camera-pointer 'increase' to 30, granting a larger 'focus-zone'? Which in turn could also help focusing on the entire car in the shot above, making it easier to separate the environment from the car.

Thanks for your tips.
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 11:39:06 AM(UTC)

Could you maybe explain how you would do it in this shot (or another one that suits you better)?

In this case, the car takes up alot of space since it's zoomed in. When I press 'X' to focus, the camera-pointer is only aimed at, let's say, the right rear lights. If I focus then, a large part of the car will become blurry as well, while I would only like the environment around it to get blurry. How do you solve that?

Then there's also the 'focus' slider, of which I still don't know what it's doing. Is it this: if I set the slider to 30, will the camera-pointer 'increase' to 30, granting a larger 'focus-zone'? Which in turn could also help focusing on the entire car in the shot above, making it easier to separate the environment from the car.

Thanks for your tips.

Absolutely! If you wanted to focus on just the rear of the car, and have the background blurry, you'd start the same way by pressing X while aimed at the tail light. Then you'd setup the shot, without moving the physical camera(you can still rotate, and change the height, you just can't move), then open your settings and adjust the aperture until the car seems to be in focus, and everything is else blurry. As a note, you won't be able to get the farther side of the car completely in focus, because aperture is gradual and not a hard cut off.

The focus slider is manual focus, it has nothing to do with amount of focus or anything like that. It allows you to change your focal point without having to re-adjust the camera, especially if the subject isn't dead center of the image

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 3:50:14 PM(UTC)
Digging the F Type on the beach and the livery on that M2
#21 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 7:45:37 AM(UTC)
Absolutely! If you wanted to focus on just the rear of the car, and have the background blurry, you'd start the same way by pressing X while aimed at the tail light. Then you'd setup the shot, without moving the physical camera(you can still rotate, and change the height, you just can't move), then open your settings and adjust the aperture until the car seems to be in focus, and everything is else blurry. As a note, you won't be able to get the farther side of the car completely in focus, because aperture is gradual and not a hard cut off.

The focus slider is manual focus, it has nothing to do with amount of focus or anything like that. It allows you to change your focal point without having to re-adjust the camera, especially if the subject isn't dead center of the image

Much appreciated! I'll be trying this next time :)

Originally Posted by: C4PT41N SL0W Go to Quoted Post
Digging the F Type on the beach and the livery on that M2

Thanks! It's up for free on my storefront in case you want it.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 2:37:11 PM(UTC)
I tried using aperture more in the following shots (except for the last). What do you think @iHomie OG? (ofcourse everyone else can post their thoughts too)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:35:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 3:23:56 PM(UTC)
HUGE improvement, that was definitely the next step in your learning curve! Looking forward to what you pull off next

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:48:52 AM(UTC)

Love it! The first two have disappeared though, probably because you unshared them in-game right? Try uploading your phots to Flickr :)
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:37:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post

Love it! The first two have disappeared though, probably because you unshared them in-game right? Try uploading your phots to Flickr :)

Thank you. Yes I just noticed. I unshared them and reuploaded them to participate in the competition (who knows, might just get lucky).
They're back up now :)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:38:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error