7 Pages<<4567PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#126 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 9:13:29 AM(UTC)
I've downloaded everything on the download page and i can't get anything to work on my phone at all, I'm using a Samsung galaxy s7 ?
 1 user liked this post.
#127 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 9:15:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it alot.
Firstly any tune calculator or spreadsheet will never deliver a perfect tune. It will always need further fine adjustments. As a base setup having understeer is a good thing, it will give consistency. If you are prefers more over steering car then you can try inverting your ARB's. But as a rule of thumb only adjust the end with the issue.
For example never create over steer in the rear to combat understeer on the front.

Additionally decreasing front height, increasing front spring, bump or rebound. Also increasing front tyre pressure are things that will add responsiveness to the the front. Along with Toe, but as a last resort. Your break balance can also change your car characteristics. Making it more rear ward can help.

It seems unusual to have over steer from decreasing spring in the front of s mid engine car. If anything it should be understeer. I would advice looking at your ARB'S again and/or bump rebound setting. Front ARB controls the car on entry to mid corner and the Rear ARB controls mid to exit corner speed.

It is usually advisable to adjust springs first if changes are required. In small increments of around 10-20lbs. Stiffer for flater tracks and softer for bumpy and track with elevation changes.

With the Diff Decel it takes a bit of playing with, each car can have a different sweet spot. The idea behind low diff settings is that it allows the car to rotate better, to high not enough rotation, to low to much rotation. Hence the playing around to find the best setting.

Tyres should always be between the 32 min and 35 max regardless of compound. Just adjust to find the settings that give you the best feel.

Hope U have answered all your questions dude, let me know how you get on in future 😁👍

Thanks mate, I actually didn't know softening the front in a mid-engined car would cause understeer, but it does make sense as it makes that end less responsive and the front weighs less in those cars. There's that general rule that soft front = oversteer but it's always best to make tests. The game makes it easy enough to change setup on the spot, thankfully. :D

I use metric and unfortunately they went with bar despite the fact everyone uses lb, I think bar is an exception, never seen it being used for tire pressure before. Metric also makes power as kW which I hate, I'm much more used to hp instead.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#128 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 10:49:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: madant09 Go to Quoted Post
I've downloaded everything on the download page and i can't get anything to work on my phone at all, I'm using a Samsung galaxy s7 ?

Ok so I have the same phone. There's different options. You can either viewing on excel online and switch to desk top view in your browser. Or if you have ezcel on your phone or an app that allows you to view excel files. Failing that it would much much easier rinse a pc if you have one.
#129 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:44:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks mate, I actually didn't know softening the front in a mid-engined car would cause understeer, but it does make sense as it makes that end less responsive and the front weighs less in those cars. There's that general rule that soft front = oversteer but it's always best to make tests. The game makes it easy enough to change setup on the spot, thankfully. :D

I use metric and unfortunately they went with bar despite the fact everyone uses lb, I think bar is an exception, never seen it being used for tire pressure before. Metric also makes power as kW which I hate, I'm much more used to hp instead.

Yea you can flick backwards and forwards between metric and imperial if you want in the settings, but it's time consuming and a bit of a ball ache tbf.
It Isn't as uncommon as you may think, I've played a few racing games with bar for tyre pressure. It is also widely used in actual motorsport racing.
Yea agreeded KW just sounds lame and a bit electrical, but Horse Power on the other hand sounds way cooler. 😉👍
 1 user liked this post.
#130 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 10:05:45 AM(UTC)

Do you have the Google App for Spreadsheets?
 1 user liked this post.
#131 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:54:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lofwyr2030 Go to Quoted Post

I got it now and all working cheers 👍

1 user liked this post.
#132 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 6:32:00 PM(UTC)
Is it normal that the Lower Spring Rate value can't be changed?

Also, metric spreadsheet is yielding different values from the imperial one. Not a problem to me, as I usually tune in imperial, but could be an issue to some.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#133 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 8:40:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lofwyr2030 Go to Quoted Post

I got it now and all working cheers 👍

Spot on bud, let me know if you have any further trouble. Hope you enjoy using it and feel free to leave feedback after you've got familiar withbit. 😊👍
#134 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 8:48:43 AM(UTC)
Is it normal that the Lower Spring Rate value can't be changed?

Also, metric spreadsheet is yielding different values from the imperial one. Not a problem to me, as I usually tune in imperial, but could be an issue to some.

Yes that is normal, the lowest spring rate doesn't go to 0 (zero) it's usaul a value of of around 120-180 sting rate at it's lowest
Your absolutely right, there is a difference between imperial and metric spring values. This is simply because there are a couple of factors in my calculations that don't work as well when converted from imperial to metric.
So I use a slightly different calculation for metric and then bump and rebound adjust accordingly.
 1 user liked this post.
#135 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:10:27 PM(UTC)
I'm actually having greater success inverting the values in your suggested calculations. The defaults you suggest will induce understeer in front-engined cars and I believe they induce oversteer in rear-engined cars. When I invert the values, I get the pointy behavior I look for in front-engined cars, as expected, but without the car becoming too loose. Depending on the class I would probably advise going with stiffer rollbars, again according to your tutorial.

I gave up on the spreadsheet because it seems to be frequently vandalized and the fact it's in the cloud makes the file too vulnerable to unwanted edits.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#136 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 3:28:10 PM(UTC)
I'm actually having greater success inverting the values in your suggested calculations. The defaults you suggest will induce understeer in front-engined cars and I believe they induce oversteer in rear-engined cars. When I invert the values, I get the pointy behavior I look for in front-engined cars, as expected, but without the car becoming too loose. Depending on the class I would probably advise going with stiffer rollbars, again according to your tutorial.

I gave up on the spreadsheet because it seems to be frequently vandalized and the fact it's in the cloud makes the file too vulnerable to unwanted edits.

What ever works best for you dude, roll with it. Make it suit you, that's the whole point of it.
Can you elaborate on what you ment by the sheet being vandalised?
For one you can simply download it I believe and use it offline.
Second only the inputs (white boxes) and notes section can be changed. As required for the sheet to work, the rest of the cells are password protected and the worksheet is also password protected.
 1 user liked this post.
#137 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 5:16:30 PM(UTC)
What ever works best for you dude, roll with it. Make it suit you, that's the whole point of it.
Second only the inputs (white boxes) and notes section can be changed. As required for the sheet to work, the rest of the cells are password protected and the worksheet is also password protected.

I think some users had been making unwanted edits to the file. Last time I downloaded it, the calculations were all messed up and there was a very small joke in it.

But, if the file is locked, then something else happened.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 1:43:39 AM(UTC)

I think some users had been making unwanted edits to the file. Last time I downloaded it, the calculations were all messed up and there was a very small joke in it.

But, if the file is locked, then something else happened.

Good morning, Yea I saw that, that's literally all that can be edited, sovits no issue, everything else is locked. I also saw calcs messed up that is because someone had put incorrect values into the the "Front %" section. So the calc can't make a calculation. It will just return ######.
#139 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:14:49 AM(UTC)
Good morning, Yea I saw that, that's literally all that can be edited, sovits no issue, everything else is locked. I also saw calcs messed up that is because someone had put incorrect values into the the "Front %" section. So the calc can't make a calculation. It will just return ######.

Actually what was happening in my experience besides what you said was, there was the front weight distribution and the spreadsheet would calculate the rear one, but return a negative value out of proportion which messed up the other end of the car.

Edited by user Saturday, August 5, 2017 8:17:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#140 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 8:58:08 AM(UTC)
Ok I'm not quite sure I understand but if you see it again let me know, as it is, all appears as it should my end.
 1 user liked this post.
#141 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:02:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tutzo Go to Quoted Post
Here is the shared doc link: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the YELLOW highlighted cells. the rest of the spreadsheet should be locked.

Please check my math.

Weight in kilo or pounds?
#142 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:03:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DeXnnXis Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tutzo Go to Quoted Post
Here is the shared doc link: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the YELLOW highlighted cells. the rest of the spreadsheet should be locked.

Please check my math.

Weight in kilo or pounds?

This sheet is not my work! But I believe that one is in pounds.
#143 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:41:34 PM(UTC)
Bump 😉
 1 user liked this post.
#144 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 6:52:00 PM(UTC)
I wanted to say thanks for the spreadsheet. Since using it, I've noticed that while I don't always win, most of my cars are at least competitive, and funner to drive. So, thanks!
#145 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:49:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Old Nippy Go to Quoted Post
I wanted to say thanks for the spreadsheet. Since using it, I've noticed that while I don't always win, most of my cars are at least competitive, and funner to drive. So, thanks!

That's awesome dude, i'm glad its working for you, thanks =)
 1 user liked this post.
#146 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 4:43:07 PM(UTC)
Hey CW, just wondering with FM7, would you be inclined to use the older FM6 ARB formulae or the FH3 formulae?

The range is much larger with FH3.

I've been trying with both in FM7, mainly find the FH3 numbers make the ARBs a bit stiff for my liking, but wondering what your thoughts are?
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#147 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 7:30:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Hey CW, just wondering with FM7, would you be inclined to use the older FM6 ARB formulae or the FH3 formulae?

The range is much larger with FH3.

I've been trying with both in FM7, mainly find the FH3 numbers make the ARBs a bit stiff for my liking, but wondering what your thoughts are?

FM6 settings bud, it's all still the same from 6 to 7
 1 user liked this post.
#148 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:30:18 PM(UTC)
Thanks Man, I found your FM7 post and using the new spreadsheet, really like the new additions!
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#149 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 5:36:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Man, I found your FM7 post and using the new spreadsheet, really like the new additions!

Good to know dude 😉
 1 user liked this post.
#150 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:05:11 PM(UTC)
Fixed an issue with the "lowest sring rate" section where data could not be put in.
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error