7 Pages<<34567PrevNext
#101 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 4:38:05 PM(UTC)
So it's been over a week since I released my new tune system, how have you guys been getting on with it?
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 12:26:01 PM(UTC)
I still use the Spreadsheets on Google. The options for under/oversteer are handy.
#103 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 8:35:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lofwyr2030 Go to Quoted Post
I still use the Spreadsheets on Google. The options for under/oversteer are handy.

That's great man
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:23:00 PM(UTC)
Didn't try it yet. I somehow like my tunes.... :-D I'll give it a shot this weekend. :-)
#105 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:35:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VallFromHell Go to Quoted Post
Didn't try it yet. I somehow like my tunes.... :-D I'll give it a shot this weekend. :-)

No worries dude no rush 👍😁
#106 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 9:47:09 PM(UTC)
Just keeping it up there 👍😁
 1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 11:31:22 PM(UTC)
I've been using the original calculator (the simplest one) in order to get a base tune & then I adjust from there... it is a great tool that saves me a lot of time. I just now saved the more detailed version & will be giving it a shot... will leave feedback once I get enough data to compare between the two. Thanks to you & the others that's made these great tools.

I can say that your stuff works better than the Forza Tuning Calculator AP that I bought for my iPod.
HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN
 1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 6:03:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: outkast6 ACTUAL Go to Quoted Post
I've been using the original calculator (the simplest one) in order to get a base tune & then I adjust from there... it is a great tool that saves me a lot of time. I just now saved the more detailed version & will be giving it a shot... will leave feedback once I get enough data to compare between the two. Thanks to you & the others that's made these great tools.

I can say that your stuff works better than the Forza Tuning Calculator AP that I bought for my iPod.

That's awesome dude, can't wait to hear what you got to say 😀👍
#109 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 12:56:27 PM(UTC)
I'm a little lost here. I'm just getting into FM 6 and am a little confused as to what spreadsheet I should start out from if I'm using US units, there seem to be a few options Any help would be appreciated.
#110 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:44:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MasterlyOrange1 Go to Quoted Post
I'm a little lost here. I'm just getting into FM 6 and am a little confused as to what spreadsheet I should start out from if I'm using US units, there seem to be a few options Any help would be appreciated.

There are 2 options: Metric and Imperial, just pic which ever one you use in game.
 1 user liked this post.
#111 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 10:16:43 PM(UTC)
In the newest version of the spreadsheet the options for the rollbars don't work. They are locked now.
#112 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 11:29:41 AM(UTC)
This realy helpt me
Follow me likecookies46
#113 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 2:33:28 AM(UTC)
In the newest version of the spreadsheet the options for the rollbars don't work. They are locked now.

The ARB section is ment to be locked, the values shown in those boxes are determined from the inputs on the right hand side of the sheet. You do not need to do anything more offer than put in the Input details.
#114 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 2:36:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: likecookies46 Go to Quoted Post
This realy helpt me
Follow me likecookies46

Glad it help you dude 😁👍
 1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:26:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post

The ARB section is ment to be locked, the values shown in those boxes are determined from the inputs on the right hand side of the sheet. You do not need to do anything more offer than put in the Input details.

I talk about the yellow Drop down cells on the right where you can change the understeer or the rollbar stiffness. When they are "read only" you can't change them. I worked around it by downloading it to Google Drive but others may not think of it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mJ7Z70Q5iJuXUHJq1
#116 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:36:05 PM(UTC)

I talk about the yellow Drop down cells on the right where you can change the understeer or the rollbar stiffness. When they are "read only" you can't change them. I worked around it by downloading it to Google Drive but others may not think of it.

Ah yes I remember now you still use the old one don't you from Clark Griswold!? I don't have edit over that, but yea downloading it works.
Btw the newest update is my own spreadsheet.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am2niU4pXXlJjXEuW8ZhNTSPvF3g

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mJ7Z70Q5iJuXUHJq1

1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:47:01 PM(UTC)
Oh! Ok. I will try that. It looks a little bit frightening will all the stuff in it. But I really appreciate the work from you guys.
#118 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:59:51 AM(UTC)
Oh! Ok. I will try that. It looks a little bit frightening will all the stuff in it. But I really appreciate the work from you guys.

Don't sweat it, you got your inputs and the spreadsheet will everything else for you. Nice and easy 😉
#119 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:52:18 PM(UTC)

So how did you get on with the new updates?
#120 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 7:29:20 AM(UTC)
Mike Rotch I had a notification That you have locked the spreadsheet from editing, what have you done!?. The sheet is for open use to everyone not to be locked so people can't use it.
#121 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 9:01:36 AM(UTC)
Mike Rotch I had a notification That you have locked the spreadsheet from editing, what have you done!?. The sheet is for open use to everyone not to be locked so people can't use it.

I'm not sure if it's an error message, have you still got the file open? can you download it and use it offline.
 1 user liked this post.
#122 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:31:29 PM(UTC)

Apparently the locks are just to prevent people from messing around with the cells, you can still input values and make calculations just fine.

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#123 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:55:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Apparently the locks are just to prevent people from messing around with the cells, you can still input values and make calculations just fine.

That's good to know thanks, I had never had a message like that before so I was thinking someone was doing something wrong.
Think it is an error message when multiple people are trying to view it online.
Instead of downloading it.
#124 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 10:23:53 PM(UTC)
So, I didn't actually review your spreadsheet, so here we go. :)

I quite like what you made. It's possible to get a very good base tune with the values provided. However I ran into some issues.

Out of the box, the cars will understeer too much for my liking. So I'm trying to make incremental steps towards oversteer in my suspension setup. I've got a couple questions.

Softening the front in mid-engined cars creates the oversteer effect but also makes them a bit too loose. Is it ok to increase decel lock in this situation? Interestingly, the standard decel lock values provided seem way too low for rear and mid-engined cars. The Porsche 911 usually comes from the factory with more than 80% lock, for example. Max suggested decel lock in the spreadsheet is 30%, I believe.

Another question is, when I want to change something in the suspension, which setting is it advisable to change first?

Finally, worse tires (usually stock but also street sometimes) tend to have less grip and also feel boat-like compared to race or even sport tires. Would it help to simply stiffen the suspension to make the car more responsive?
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#125 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:53:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
So, I didn't actually review your spreadsheet, so here we go. :)

I quite like what you made. It's possible to get a very good base tune with the values provided. However I ran into some issues.

Out of the box, the cars will understeer too much for my liking. So I'm trying to make incremental steps towards oversteer in my suspension setup. I've got a couple questions.

Softening the front in mid-engined cars creates the oversteer effect but also makes them a bit too loose. Is it ok to increase decel lock in this situation? Interestingly, the standard decel lock values provided seem way too low for rear and mid-engined cars. The Porsche 911 usually comes from the factory with more than 80% lock, for example. Max suggested decel lock in the spreadsheet is 30%, I believe.

Another question is, when I want to change something in the suspension, which setting is it advisable to change first?

Finally, worse tires (usually stock but also street sometimes) tend to have less grip and also feel boat-like compared to race or even sport tires. Would it help to simply stiffen the suspension to make the car more responsive?

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it alot.
Firstly any tune calculator or spreadsheet will never deliver a perfect tune. It will always need further fine adjustments. As a base setup having understeer is a good thing, it will give consistency. If you are prefers more over steering car then you can try inverting your ARB's. But as a rule of thumb only adjust the end with the issue.
For example never create over steer in the rear to combat understeer on the front.

Additionally decreasing front height, increasing front spring, bump or rebound. Also increasing front tyre pressure are things that will add responsiveness to the the front. Along with Toe, but as a last resort. Your break balance can also change your car characteristics. Making it more rear ward can help.

It seems unusual to have over steer from decreasing spring in the front of s mid engine car. If anything it should be understeer. I would advice looking at your ARB'S again and/or bump rebound setting. Front ARB controls the car on entry to mid corner and the Rear ARB controls mid to exit corner speed.

It is usually advisable to adjust springs first if changes are required. In small increments of around 10-20lbs. Stiffer for flater tracks and softer for bumpy and track with elevation changes.

With the Diff Decel it takes a bit of playing with, each car can have a different sweet spot. The idea behind low diff settings is that it allows the car to rotate better, to high not enough rotation, to low to much rotation. Hence the playing around to find the best setting.

Tyres should always be between the 32 min and 35 max regardless of compound. Just adjust to find the settings that give you the best feel.

Hope U have answered all your questions dude, let me know how you get on in future 😁👍

7 Pages<<34567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error