This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:29:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RogsR34UK Go to Quoted Post
I think the buying limit is 6 cars in a 24 hour period. I bought 6 cars yesterday and was able to buy 6 today. If that is the limit, why put out the stupid bid failed try again message? Give an accurate message that you have reached your (totally stupid) limit. I am using the Auction House to boost my garage.

The bid failed message just means somebody else entered a new bid before it updated on your end. So you are trying to bid lower than the actual current price which fails of course.
This is often the case, but not always. I got several failed bids in a row on the same car 2 nights ago, and when going back to the bid screen, all the prices were still the same. With some perseverance I was able to eventually place a successful bid for the original amount I tried to place a bid. I chalked it up to the servers being too busy, but that's just speculation on my part.

Edited by user Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:29:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:28:40 PM(UTC)
This limit is game breaking, in my opinion.

Yesterday, I managed around a dozen sales, as well as over sixty purchases. I hit the limit on auction listings, yet I was able to purchase whatever I could win. Okay, so today I log on, get to the auction house, and I have the privilege of listing just one car; yes, one, then I get another block. Unreal.

I understand that the developers want to prevent abuse, and I applaud those efforts. However, as someone who purchased this game largely on the feature of the auction house, I should be free to spend my entire gaming time solely in the auction house; should that be my prerogative. Which much of the time, that is just the case.

If there is to be any limit, it should be clearly established in the EULA, and understood by all. It should not be some unknown, arbitrary, game breaking limit with an invisible boundary.
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:53:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LiquidlMind Go to Quoted Post
Can't cars on the wheelspin only be cars you don't have? If so, why the heck are you guys selling them?! A huge part of the game for most people is collecting all the cars, or am I just nuts?

The wheelspin will give duplicates, even of the HE versions.
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:03:58 PM(UTC)
The sell limit and not being able to set the exact prices are both really annoying.

It's s nice to have the Auction house back, but it needs some more development to make it as good as it used to be, please fix it T10/Playground.
Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube | Mixer

100+ FH4 Tunes Shared, more added frequently.

#30 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 9:33:22 AM(UTC)
Has anyone figured out how long before it resets and you can sell again. So annoying ... I bought the ultimate edition so I can have all the cars and use the auction house to it's full potential . Why the limits? I really enjoy buying and selling cars.
GT: HamFamAnkeny
Forza 5 credits
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 4:02:57 AM(UTC)
do you guys have xbox live gold by chance, because as a pc user i dont have gold or live for that fact, and just as speculation i was wondering if not having gold was causing it
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 6:21:33 AM(UTC)
I can understand them wanting to limit but 24 hours is a long time imo. I enjoy tuning, painting and selling cars its as much fun to me as the actual racing. Finding that hidden gem and making it shine to the right buyer is so gratifying! they need to do away with the 24 hour feature, maybe 4 hours. There are cars that I want to buy right now but I can't because of this feature and its just horrible.

They really needs to address this to the community, we should know the rules and or it should be in the game. FWIW, FH3 is GOTY for me!
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 10:50:24 AM(UTC)
the sell limit is 25
#34 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 1:25:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sirre0812 Go to Quoted Post
the sell limit is 25

per how long?
#35 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 2:20:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pengy01 Go to Quoted Post
the sell limit is 25

per how long?

not 100% sure, but I think it is 24 hours
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 2:12:55 AM(UTC)
Whatever. Also, the auction house is completely useless. It is time to Exchange decisionmakers.
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 11:49:20 AM(UTC)
I also noticed that I didn't get all the money from the cars I sold, the game took 8,9% of the money after I sold the car. I will take notes of how much money the game takes away on the next few cars I sell, to see if it varies in relation to the price the cars sell for.

I am also sure the sell limit resets 24 hours after you sell a car.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 1:21:04 PM(UTC)
I also noticed that I didn't get all the money from the cars I sold, the game took 8,9% of the money after I sold the car. I will take notes of how much money the game takes away on the next few cars I sell, to see if it varies in relation to the price the cars sell for.

I am also sure the sell limit resets 24 hours after you sell a car.

this is how much the game took from me:

607000,- = 8,2%
955000,- = 8,9%
1047000,- = 9,2%
1306000,- = 10,4%
#39 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 5:49:02 PM(UTC)
I also noticed not getting all my money(about 9% also). Don't understand why they want to take money from us, unless the auction house is turning into ebay.....
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:18:44 PM(UTC)
I enjoy to sell car and buy car...I know this are racing car....this don't mean if the put one auction we have limit for using this ..... we don't abusing to a glich a something like that .....the auction home stay in a game ... leave we to using this in peace
#41 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 9:36:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ProStock74 Go to Quoted Post
I also noticed not getting all my money(about 9% also). Don't understand why they want to take money from us, unless the auction house is turning into ebay.....

I can't believe i didnt notice this! Early on in the game, I had wondered if it did, but i was too lazy to figure it out. Now that i know this, i feel like im getting cheated real bad. It makes sense because in real life, there are commissions with auctions, but 9% is entirely too much! I want to list my veneno, but if they are going to take out $360,000+, its not worth it.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:14:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EYY LMAO 011235 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ProStock74 Go to Quoted Post

I can't believe i didnt notice this! Early on in the game, I had wondered if it did, but i was too lazy to figure it out. Now that i know this, i feel like im getting cheated real bad. It makes sense because in real life, there are commissions with auctions, but 9% is entirely too much! I want to list my veneno, but if they are going to take out $360,000+, its not worth it.

Don't most places in real life take a 20+% cut for commission?
#43 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:43:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CompellingGamer Go to Quoted Post
That is correct yes. However me personally, I want xp boost cars. Not skill boost or anything else cars. You can't seem to get the same car twice in the wheelspins. So I already have a horizon edition huracan for example but I want an xp boost one. So therefore I have to sell it to be able to get another chance of getting a different type of huracan. If that makes sense.

You cannot get a different type of boost on the huracan, each of the Horizon Editions only comes as one type, in this case XP boost.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:12:49 AM(UTC)
Can we seriously get lower buyout limits?

I get so many cars I don't want via wheelspins, but can't get rid of them at even the lowest possible prices on the AH.

And we can't sell them back to the game for anything.

Seriously, the AH was so much more fun in FM4.....

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:25:51 AM(UTC)
Honestly this time limitation is completely ridiculous.

If there is some concern regarding the use of bots in the auction house, the developers should look for ways to prevent the use of these tools and not deprive players have the experience that suits them.

I'm particularly addicted to trade in any game I play, and limit myself to 24 hours or more is absurd. And yes, I lose more time in trade than in racing, but in no time it became clear that my experience in the trade would be limited to the point.

Honestly absurd! I hope at least one explanation for this.

Sorry for my english.
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:08:20 PM(UTC)
Deleted

Edited by user Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:02:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: deleted

#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:45:05 PM(UTC)
I paid for a game that limits me on how much I can play my favorite aspect of the entire game. I find it incredible that even with the asinine buy and sell limits in the auction house, T10 didn't even bother to disclose the length and sum of those limits to its' paying customers. Very poor execution in basic customer service all around and thus far an evident lack of caring.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:02:20 AM(UTC)
For the ones who cant find out the time limmit. You can try to sell 25 cars per 24 hours in my experiance
#49 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 6:16:49 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone!

I am really **** ed because i want to sell a few cars in rhe auction house. However it says "you have reached the maximum number of auction for this time period. Please try again later." Or something like that. I am really but really **** ed and there is a Lykan Hypersport sitting in my garage that i reallyyyy want to sell. PLEASE tell me what the time period is until i cab sell a new car. It didnt only happen to me tho. I have been waiting more that 1 day and i cannot even bid for a car! I really dont know what is happening or when i can finally buy a new car or sell...

Way to go Forza h3!
#50 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 9:22:56 AM(UTC)
i think 50 cars and its 1 day or max 1 week but most of the time its 1 day
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error