This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 3:47:13 AM(UTC)
So I've been going to sell most of the cars I get from wheel spins on the auction house. However, every so often after a random amount of cars. A message pops up on screen saying that I've reached the limit for the time period. Please try again later. Something like that at least. I'm sure many people have encountered this message but does anyone have any idea what the limit is and what the time period is?
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 3:57:04 AM(UTC)
I have the same problem. I am also trying to find out the time period.
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:51:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CompellingGamer Go to Quoted Post
So I've been going to sell most of the cars I get from wheel spins on the auction house. However, every so often after a random amount of cars. A message pops up on screen saying that I've reached the limit for the time period. Please try again later. Something like that at least. I'm sure many people have encountered this message but does anyone have any idea what the limit is and what the time period is?

its enraging
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:42:30 AM(UTC)
Same problem here and cant work out what the limit is and how long for...
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:22:09 AM(UTC)
Could someone from Turn10 or ayground Games please clarify on the time limit? I have a Koenigsegg One:1 sitting in my garage that I want to sell.
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:50:22 AM(UTC)
Yeah. I have no idea what this "limit" is. I don't really think this would help or have anything to do with the specific limit. But earlier today I put up 8 cars to sell (wouldn't let me do more) and then roughly 8 hours later, I put up only 6 cars. I'm honestly so confused by it.
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 10:28:28 AM(UTC)
They are probably trying to avoid having auto-buyer bots like on other games such as FIFA which at times killed the game.
The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 10:34:38 AM(UTC)
True. But still. They could at least tell us what the limit is and what the time period is. That's the annoying part. I can understand why they might have a limit for sure but then again. People are just gonna get mad because they want to get rid of all these cars for actual money and can't because of the limit
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 10:59:13 AM(UTC)
there is also a limit on buying cars. i bought 8-10 cars yesterday about 1pm or so. its been over 24 hours and i still can't buy anything or bid on anything. it's like i've been locked out of buying. no message about it just fails when i try to bid or buyout
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:26:30 PM(UTC)
I'm hitting the same "Bid Failed, please try again" issue,

After exactly 24 hours im able to now bid again, suggesting that that is the duration that we are blocked from bidding again - This really limits the point of the auction house in my view, I know its a racing game and not a buying/selling simulator, but I for one enjoy buying and flipping cars just for the fun of it,

If there are going to be time limits and blocking in the game why does it not apply to painting or any other part of the element?

I hate to whinge and moan but I hope this changes as there really isn't any obvious point why this is currently in place or even any acknowledgement that these limits exist.
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:10:52 PM(UTC)
Yeah I understand they don't want auto buyer bots but I still don't like the idea of a limit. I to like buying and selling cars, trying to make a profit and so on. And it is really annoying, I am addicted to wheelspinning over and over again to win horizon edition cars (I can buy wheelspins). And I have won the ford gt, huracan, the gtr and a BMW (at the moment that's what I have, I have won more) but these 4 I want to sell because they aren't xp boost cars, however I can because of the stupid limit.
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:20:34 PM(UTC)
Can't cars on the wheelspin only be cars you don't have? If so, why the heck are you guys selling them?! A huge part of the game for most people is collecting all the cars, or am I just nuts?
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:41:40 PM(UTC)
That is correct yes. However me personally, I want xp boost cars. Not skill boost or anything else cars. You can't seem to get the same car twice in the wheelspins. So I already have a horizon edition huracan for example but I want an xp boost one. So therefore I have to sell it to be able to get another chance of getting a different type of huracan. If that makes sense.
#14 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 2:45:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CompellingGamer Go to Quoted Post
That is correct yes. However me personally, I want xp boost cars. Not skill boost or anything else cars. You can't seem to get the same car twice in the wheelspins. So I already have a horizon edition huracan for example but I want an xp boost one. So therefore I have to sell it to be able to get another chance of getting a different type of huracan. If that makes sense.

auction house WAS a great idea, the time restrictions however. are. a JOKE
#15 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 3:08:41 AM(UTC)
How many of these wheel spins are you buying and how do you earn them so quick? Only car I have got is the Dodge Viper and ran out of skill points to be able to buy anymore wheel spins through instant wins.
#16 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 3:26:11 AM(UTC)
There is a perk you can unlock that allows you to purchase a wheelspin for 50k. And I don't know how I get them, I am level 314, so there's 314 wheelspins there and I've bought quite a few. Plus when I can, I sell all of the horizon edition cars I can and get around 1mil for them each.
#17 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 3:27:27 AM(UTC)
It must be around 10. I put that many up yesterday and only 2 sold and it wouldn't let me put any others up. A bit stupid really, I have 4.6 million so I'm not begging for money but I wanna get rid of my M4 Horizon Edition I bought for 1 million and a spare Koenigsegg One I bought to sell cheap to my mate that now doesn't want it.

Ppl say you don't need money but when the Veneno is 4.5, One is 2.8 and Centenario is 2.3 I sure as hell do! Hahaha.
#18 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 4:10:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Male Tiger Go to Quoted Post
It must be around 10. I put that many up yesterday and only 2 sold and it wouldn't let me put any others up. A bit stupid really, I have 4.6 million so I'm not begging for money but I wanna get rid of my M4 Horizon Edition I bought for 1 million and a spare Koenigsegg One I bought to sell cheap to my mate that now doesn't want it.

Ppl say you don't need money but when the Veneno is 4.5, One is 2.8 and Centenario is 2.3 I sure as hell do! Hahaha.

ATLEAST someone could tell us the exact restrictions
#19 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 8:37:01 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2016 9:04:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 9:54:49 AM(UTC)
I think the buying limit is 6 cars in a 24 hour period. I bought 6 cars yesterday and was able to buy 6 today. If that is the limit, why put out the stupid bid failed try again message? Give an accurate message that you have reached your (totally stupid) limit. I am using the Auction House to boost my garage.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:42:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LiquidlMind Go to Quoted Post
Can't cars on the wheelspin only be cars you don't have? If so, why the heck are you guys selling them?! A huge part of the game for most people is collecting all the cars, or am I just nuts?

Personally, I like having a car for each tune, so I end up with multiples of the same car. In the last game, I had a full garage of 550 cars and had to make choices about what to keep and what not to keep. I'm not sure what the garage limit on this game is, but if there is one, I'll eventually reach it ... and I personally don't need to waste a spot on a Honda Civic.

Everybody plays it different, but that's why I sell certain wheelspin cars.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:05:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RogsR34UK Go to Quoted Post
I think the buying limit is 6 cars in a 24 hour period. I bought 6 cars yesterday and was able to buy 6 today. If that is the limit, why put out the stupid bid failed try again message? Give an accurate message that you have reached your (totally stupid) limit. I am using the Auction House to boost my garage.

The bid failed message just means somebody else entered a new bid before it updated on your end. So you are trying to bid lower than the actual current price which fails of course.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:00:10 PM(UTC)
So what just happened made me reminisce of the old days with auction houses and stuff.

Yesterday, Lucky me, I won a Horizon Edition Toyota GT86, and today I sold it! Started the bid at 800k, buyout of 7mil, And people started bidding after the 1 minute mark had passed. It went up to 1.075 million, And it just made me happy knowing this is a thing that I can take part in instead of being two years or more behind, where nothing is being sold. All in all, Great addition to forza! :)
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:54:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: O Bleak Genius Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LiquidlMind Go to Quoted Post

Personally, I like having a car for each tune, so I end up with multiples of the same car. In the last game, I had a full garage of 550 cars and had to make choices about what to keep and what not to keep. I'm not sure what the garage limit on this game is, but if there is one, I'll eventually reach it ... and I personally don't need to waste a spot on a Honda Civic.

Everybody plays it different, but that's why I sell certain wheelspin cars.

They could fix that problem with a feature I've asked for. Why can't I load a tune when starting a race? I could have one car, then load the appropriate tune without having to go back the garage or owning multiple cars. VERY frustrating
The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:15:48 AM(UTC)
fwiw, Last night I started getting "Bid Failed" on everything after I had won 30 cars from the auction house. "Won" was a combination of winning bids and mostly buyouts.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error