This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:22:01 PM(UTC)
I'm having some pretty serious issues with car control using the g920 wheel, and was wondering what other people are using as far as linearity and angle of rotation. I've currently got the linearity of the center 50 and full 900 Degrees. But I'm having a real tough time catching oversteer backend slides. And also can't hold a drift to save my life. I just tend to completely wrap around and spin out. I don't seem to have this issue in Forza 6, Dirt Rally, iRacing or project cars. Wondering if anybody has found this issue and if they've got some settings that might be helpful I'm using simulated steering as well with all assists off.
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:46:00 AM(UTC)
Same situation here, I have always found it quite hard to catch slides in Forza games but not in the any others. I think it's just how the physics settings are. I usually release the throttle and center the wheel rather than trying to counter steer.
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:53:28 AM(UTC)
Try normal steering instead of simulation. You can also try a lower dor like 540 and then lower the linearity between 40-50 if its too twitchy.
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:15:48 AM(UTC)
I don't have a logitech, but try setting the dor to 270.
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:12:41 AM(UTC)
G920, having an awesome time sliding in FH3. I'm doing better with a wheel in FH3 than any other game I have used the G920 on: FM5, FH2, FM6, PCars and then Apex and AC on PC.

I'm taking the mid engine rear drive rally cars (037, Stratos, 5 Turbo, A110) to cross country, scramble and trail races and grinning like an idiot as I counter steer and Scando Flick my way over the dirt.

Steering linearity 50
Vibration 25%
FFB 73%
DOR 900

Playing on XB1 until VIP is sorted on PC, but played the first few hours on PC and was loving it. Just stopped when I noticed my VIP not giving double wheelspins.

It feels better and better the more I play it and I am often astounded at what I can do by feel through the wheel now. I'm no Slaptrain or drifters of that caliber, but I gain confidence every time I slide.

EDIT: Normal Steering makes a huge difference. I also have to drive in hood or bumper cam to avoid getting put off by the steering wheel animation

Edited by user Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:19:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:19:47 AM(UTC)
Wow switched to normal steering and that made all the difference. Typically I like to be in simulated but maybe it's just too Twitchy will take a look at the DOR setting as well if I need a little more help.

Thanks everybody for the input
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:43:39 AM(UTC)
Default and normal steering - Feels good to me.
#8 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 7:23:29 AM(UTC)
For those of you using a G920 on a PC, how did you get the game to recognize your wheel as a G920? I have to use the generic profile.
#9 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 2:22:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaptainEric37 Go to Quoted Post
For those of you using a G920 on a PC, how did you get the game to recognize your wheel as a G920? I have to use the generic profile.

Should just work?

Is your Logitech profiler and G920 firmware up to date?

I jumped back on PC now that VIP is fixed. I had to open up the Logitech profiler and set my spring centring strength up to 100% and my DOR to 900 to match the XB1 feel which I was very happy with.

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:23:23 AM(UTC)
how do you change it to 900 degrees?
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:56:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB26 Go to Quoted Post
how do you change it to 900 degrees?

On XB1: Advanced Settings
On PC: Logitech Profiler, select the steering wheel and when the page shows the graphic of the wheel, there is a drop down at the top of the steering wheel.

PC & XB1
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:57:21 PM(UTC)
No matter what I do I can't get it to feel as good as forza apex. Does the g920 wheel feel as nice in forza 6 as it does apex? If so, I may just give up on horizon and go buy that new xbox w/ a copy of forza 6.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 9:37:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CrazyNolaboy Go to Quoted Post
No matter what I do I can't get it to feel as good as forza apex. Does the g920 wheel feel as nice in forza 6 as it does apex? If so, I may just give up on horizon and go buy that new xbox w/ a copy of forza 6.

In my opinion no. The PC versions of the games have much better feel to them and are preferred for force feedback. Although there's some bugs to work out with the new Horizon 3. In fact most console base games have horrible wheel support and feel and force feedback. The only game that really works well on a console is dirt rally. But then again on PC it's significantly better there as well. I think it's just a limitation of programming for the Xbox. Because I can't understand why one version of the game would be so much different unless it was intentional. When I play my racing simulators on PC like iRacing my wheel about yanks out of my hand and that's at 60%. When I play Horizon on console at 100% it still feels weak and sloppy.

Only play on Console so I can play with less issues with my friends. But as the cross-platform compatibility gets stabilized I may just switch completely over to PC. Better wheel support and significantly better graphics if you've got the hardware for it
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 3:43:30 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Try these settings and let me know how you get on?

Spent the last couple of hours getting the sweet spot with my logitech g920/ try it with other wheels may improve for you. Im sharing this info because the steering wheel was about to launched through the window because the realism was awful and other suggestions where not working, if you want the perfect setting try this:

Keep all the settings default and only change the following:

Steering difficulty: Normal
Traction control: off
Stability control: off
Steering linearity: 49
Clutch deadzone inside: 0
Clutch deadzone outside: 50
Vibration scale: 100
Force feedback: 55
Wheel rotation: 360

Let me know...
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:38:14 AM(UTC)
Does anyone have a problem braking? I can hit full pedal down and doesn't fully stop the car (it will keep rolling), as well as not screeching to a halt whereas the controller will lock the car up. dead zones are 0 and 100. Won't be long before I have some kind of arthritis or something in my left foot.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 11:34:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: salamisanga Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have a problem braking? I can hit full pedal down and doesn't fully stop the car (it will keep rolling), as well as not screeching to a halt whereas the controller will lock the car up. dead zones are 0 and 100. Won't be long before I have some kind of arthritis or something in my left foot.

The G920 has a ridiculously stiff brake pedal. I had to turn down my Decel outside deadzone quite a bit to get a decent stopping power out of it. I also tend to turn up the brake pressure on my tunes as well.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:34:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post

The G920 has a ridiculously stiff brake pedal. I had to turn down my Decel outside deadzone quite a bit to get a decent stopping power out of it. I also tend to turn up the brake pressure on my tunes as well.

Yes I too have the pressure way up just to get it to slow down then noticed how quickly it stops with the controller. I will try the outside deadzone down and see, the description says that it the larger this is the less it will need to be pressed so I just assumed to leave it maxed out.
#18 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 4:22:30 AM(UTC)
Quote:

This has helped greatly, thanks Cerrax!
#19 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 6:15:44 PM(UTC)

Logitech decided to put a really stiff chunk of rubber under the brake pedal to simulate resistance under heavy braking. There's much debate on their forums (and in reviews) as to its effectiveness, as it's just a chunk of rubber and reduces control. You can work around it by fiddling with game settings or just take it out and chuck it off the balcony as far as you can. Which is what I did. The remaining spring provides plenty of resistance while still letting you have some modicum of control over the brake pedal.

It's fairly easy and there's lots of videos about it. Here's one

Edited by user Friday, December 23, 2016 6:42:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 12:12:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mykl Go to Quoted Post

Logitech decided to put a really stiff chunk of rubber under the brake pedal to simulate resistance under heavy braking. There's much debate on their forums (and in reviews) as to its effectiveness, as it's just a chunk of rubber and reduces control. You can work around it by fiddling with game settings or just take it out and chuck it off the balcony as far as you can. Which is what I did. The remaining spring provides plenty of resistance while still letting you have some modicum of control over the brake pedal.

It's fairly easy and there's lots of videos about it. Here's one

Interesting Mykl, I may do this, as you say the brake pedal is really quite ridiculous, I had a g25 a few years back which I sold as I just wasn't using it and the pedal feel was much better if I remember correctly. Thanks for the reply.
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:35:57 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - All posts to this forum must be in English. Please translate your message before posting - D]
https://translate.google.com/

Edited by user Thursday, June 22, 2017 10:06:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:10:15 PM(UTC)
Here are my settings:

**IDEAL FOR COCKPIT VIEW**
I should mention that these settings were tweaked to feel just like real life. The game drives like a real car, particularly at low to medium speeds. I spent hours tweaking things so my kids could simulate real driving. This is a close as I could get. Test it out with the 1974 Corolla. Good fun!

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside.........................0
Steering Axis Deadzone Outside...................50
Steering Linearity....................................................0
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside.................0
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside.........100
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside.................0
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside.........100
Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside............................15
Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside.......................90
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Inside.........................10
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Outside...................100
Vibration Scale......................................................50
Force Feedback Scale.........................................35
Wheel Rotation Angle......................................900
Force Feedback Understeer..............................50
Force Feedback Minimum Force...................100
Wheel Damper Scale.........................................100
Center Spring Scale............................................100

Edited by user Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:26:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:10:32 PM(UTC)
I connected g920 steering wheel to xbox one s. i tried to play horizon 3 but every time car on brake when clicking to acceleration pedal it steel on brake. i cant move. please help
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:17:53 PM(UTC)
please help. when clicking to acceleration pedal car steel on brake. i cant move
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:11:33 AM(UTC)

Try and bring the decel dead zone outside to like 50 it 60 since the pedal has a rubber stopper it doesmt let you fully engage the brakes
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error