This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
22 Pages123>>Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:42:44 PM(UTC)
Hi folks,

Below, find the list of wheels currently supported by Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 PCs. On Xbox One, Forza Horizon 3 supports all wheels currently supported by Xbox One.

The list of currently supported PC wheels for Forza Horizon 3:

Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster TMX V1
Thrustmaster TMX V2
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster TX
Thrustmaster RGT
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Logitech G920
Logitech G929
Logitech G25
Logitech G27

Players can use the Logitech G27 and the Thrustmaster TX (and some TX variants, like the new Leather Edition), but these wheels have some limitations with their functionality in-game. While these wheels work on default or custom wheel settings, button mapping and force feedback are not properly recognized. These issues will be addressed in an upcoming update for Forza Horizon 3. In addition, there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex.

For more details on wheel issues with FH3, check out the Known Issues thread, which will be continuously updated.

[UPDATE 9/28, 4:10 p.m.] Today Microsoft released an important Windows 10 update that adds support for Fanatec products in both Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6: Apex. All Windows 10 players are strongly encouraged to download the update immediately.

If you aren’t sure what version of Windows 10 you have, follow these 3 simple steps: 

Hit the Windows Key + R
Type Winver in the run command text box and hit OK
Look at the dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration info
The version you should see is Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.

If your Windows 10 Version and OS Build numbers do not match the above, follow these steps to download the latest version: 

Open your Settings app
Select Windows Update
Click “Check for Updates”
Install the available Windows Update
Restart your PC

Edited by user Monday, June 12, 2017 7:08:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:46:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Below, find the list of wheels currently supported by Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 PCs. On Xbox One, Forza Horizon 3 supports all wheels currently supported by Xbox One.

The list of currently supported PC wheels for Forza Horizon 3:

Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster TMX V1
Thrustmaster TMX V2
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster TX
Thrustmaster RGT
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Logitech G920
Logitech G929
Logitech G25
Logitech G27

Players can use the Logitech G27 and the Thrustmaster TX (and some TX variants, like the new Leather Edition), but these wheels have some limitations with their functionality in-game. While these wheels work on default or custom wheel settings, button mapping and force feedback are not properly recognized. These issues will be addressed in an upcoming update for Forza Horizon 3. In addition, there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex.

For more details on wheel issues with FH3, check out the Known Issues thread, which will be continuously updated.

You missed one in your cut and paste........!

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 4 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:12:15 PM(UTC)
What about the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter? I tried plugging it into my Thrustmaster tx base and as its own USB device and neither work.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:17:20 PM(UTC)
Well I appreciate the confirmation that the wheel issues are being worked on.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:18:06 PM(UTC)
What do you even mean by the g27 is supported but it not supported?

I have a g27 and when i try to map my controls to the g27 wheel it says 'Invalid Wheel Layout - This wheel profile is incompatible with your currently connected wheel'.

What is even wrong with this and how do i fix it?
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:38:25 PM(UTC)
I was just using my fanatec CSW V2 in Xbox mode on PC with full FFB. Did I get lucky?
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:43:53 PM(UTC)
What about the shifters?
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:56:47 PM(UTC)
And you telling this to us just now?
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:01:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OutlawSkade Go to Quoted Post

This. I have G27 and nothing works.
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:21:36 PM(UTC)
G27 has no support
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:24:35 PM(UTC)
FFB on the G29 feels extremely weak as well. Any word on when the H pattern shifter will be supported?
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:31:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TH3 V3SH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OutlawSkade Go to Quoted Post

This. I have G27 and nothing works.

Same, game doesnt't even recognize the wheel, yet Apex does. This is garbage.
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:17:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirNLeo Go to Quoted Post
What about the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter? I tried plugging it into my Thrustmaster tx base and as its own USB device and neither work.

For now it works in sequential mode, plugged to my TX, but not in H-pattern.

I have the TX Leather Edition and I don't get FFB in Apex nor FH3, so an update will fix it ?
I first thought it was because I was running an Insider Windows build.
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:57:33 PM(UTC)
my g27 works perfect make sure u change the difficluty to enable manual gears
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 1:47:14 AM(UTC)
Any idea when we can expect the patch for G27.
Maybe on the official release?
Only reason I got into this was because I want to use my racing rig :)
 14 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 3:54:34 AM(UTC)
Why is the Logitch Driving Force GT not supported?
It is one of the most commonly used FFB wheels; you even supported its predecessor, the Logitech Momo.
I am certain many players, including me, will hold back from purchasing a game which does not even support their (common!) FFB wheel.
Please add support for this product. Thank you.

Best regards,
BS1
#17 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 5:44:21 AM(UTC)
I am using a stock T300 RS with the alcantara rim on it, and the game does not recognize my wheel. I can bind it in the individual wheel presets, though it says "please connect a wheel device" and ingame it doesn't work at all.

#edit:
Got it fixed by unplugging the xbox one controller before starting the game.

Have a new problem though:

i'm using a T300 RS with the alcantara rim with latest firmware and drivers on my PC. These are my Thrustmaster settings
https://gyazo.com/8ebed064cda012edb01cd7da5b973f02

Ingame i tried every possible setting to fix the problem. My problem:

When doing a drift and trying to hold it, there is just no resistense in the wheel that pulls it to left or right, just sometimes it pulls a little bit.
It feels like there is no force at all while countersteering or holding the drift. Rumble effects are present though.
This really ruines my experience, i had the same issue in Apex but i was hoping they would fix this for FH3. Seems like they didn't, or i'm doing something wrong.

Is anyone having the same problem with this setup, or does anyone has a setting suggestion for me?

Its really unplayable with a wheel right now. I think if it doesn't get fixed, i'm refunding it, since this wheel setup is officially supported.

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 7:23:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 8:37:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,
we’ve been working hard to improve steering wheel support and FFB tuning for Forza Horizon 3.

While not found in the Xbox One demo, many of these improvements will be present in the full version of Forza Horizon 3, on PC and Xbox One, when Forza Horizon 3 launches with early access on September 23. In addition, we’ll have support for additional wheels beyond the Apex wheel list that was previously announced. As we’ve said before, wheel support is an ongoing priority for the Forza teamand, as we gather your feedback on wheels in both Apex and Forza Horizon 3, we will continue to improve wheel support in future content updates.

Thanks,
Brian

Pfffft, you guys have lost the plot. Lift your game and stop trying to sweat talk us, take some serious action for once.
#19 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 9:01:31 AM(UTC)
My windows and profiler recognize my wheel as G27. The game won't
#20 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 9:04:18 AM(UTC)
I hope i does not take long until i can use my Fanatec CSR... I also hope that the Forza games on pc will be able to recognize my CSR Elite pedals which are connected to USB...

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 9:30:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 9:06:31 AM(UTC)
When is update for G27 coming out? kinda lame to play racing game with a keyboard
#22 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 9:16:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ProTraX7 Go to Quoted Post
I am using a stock T300 RS with the alcantara rim on it, and the game does not recognize my wheel. I can bind it in the individual wheel presets, though it says "please connect a wheel device" and ingame it doesn't work at all.

#edit:
Got it fixed by unplugging the xbox one controller before starting the game.

Have a new problem though:

i'm using a T300 RS with the alcantara rim with latest firmware and drivers on my PC. These are my Thrustmaster settings
https://gyazo.com/8ebed064cda012edb01cd7da5b973f02

Ingame i tried every possible setting to fix the problem. My problem:

When doing a drift and trying to hold it, there is just no resistense in the wheel that pulls it to left or right, just sometimes it pulls a little bit.
It feels like there is no force at all while countersteering or holding the drift. Rumble effects are present though.
This really ruines my experience, i had the same issue in Apex but i was hoping they would fix this for FH3. Seems like they didn't, or i'm doing something wrong.

Is anyone having the same problem with this setup, or does anyone has a setting suggestion for me?

Its really unplayable with a wheel right now. I think if it doesn't get fixed, i'm refunding it, since this wheel setup is officially supported.

your lucky u can use it. i have the same wheel and i cant even honk. i doesnt recognize some buttons on the wheel.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 10:20:53 AM(UTC)
Same issue as everyone, game doesn't recognise my G27, how comes time after time they get this wrong, isn't it a driving game after all, surely steering wheels were one of your priorities, evidently NOT ON PC.

#24 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 10:30:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ryan Hennessey Go to Quoted Post
my g27 works perfect make sure u change the difficluty to enable manual gears

You are not using H pattern are you?
And if you go to settings and try to set the current wheel to G27 it probably will say something along the line off "wheel incompatible".
#25 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 10:59:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mw4squalll Go to Quoted Post
What do you even mean by the g27 is supported but it not supported?

I have a g27 and when i try to map my controls to the g27 wheel it says 'Invalid Wheel Layout - This wheel profile is incompatible with your currently connected wheel'.

What is even wrong with this and how do i fix it?

Same problem I had. Not going to play withe a custom or bunk profile and have barely any FFB. I was very dissapointed I waisted the first horse last night thinking I could get it to recognise the wheel.

22 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error