2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:21:03 AM(UTC)
Before you try searching the Windows Store to buy/install the game, please make sure you have updated your Windows 10 to the current Anniversary Edition build (at the bottom of this post) and have the most current driver for your video card and PC hardware. Making sure you are fully updated, and rebooting, will solve most problems without the need for a new troubleshooting thread.

NVIDIA and AMD released FH3-ready drivers on September 21, 2016 in advance of FH3's Ultimate Edition release. This post may not be updated as frequently as the official sites! Always check for the most recent driver builds and their release notes.

NVIDIA DRIVER https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/forza-horizon-3-game-ready-driver-released

Quote:
If you experience any technical issues with the new Game Ready drivers please post a detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you. A list of fixes in this driver for previously-reported issues can be found here.

AMD DRIVER https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.9.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Quote:
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Crimson Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Crimson Edition on a Windows® Based System
How-To Install Radeon Software Crimson Edition on a Windows® Based System

WINDOWS VERSION

Issue: FH3 not found in the Windows Store / found but Not Available / error codes / can't set installation drive
Solution: The most likely culprit is your version of Windows operating system. (You should run these steps even if you think you're up to date.)

Find your current Windows version
On your PC, click the Cortana circle and type dxdiag or winver to see your current Windows version and build number. If you are on version 1511, you need to update.

Update your Windows version
In your PC Settings > Updates & Security you may see "Your device is up to date" even if you don't have the Anniversary Update installed. Click the "Learn more" link to load the support page and then click "Get the Anniversary Update now" to install it.

Reboot and run dxdiag or winver again and confirm that your version numbers match the most recent build of Windows 10.

Note that even if you have the most recent version of Windows, the Store may not allow you to buy or download the game due to minimum computer hardware requirements. Don't try to debate this - minimum requirement means minimum requirement. If you think your hardware is sufficient and you're still having trouble with the Store, try clearing your cache by running WSRESET from Cortana.

Windows Store direct links
  • To buy for PC play you don't need to own a console, and you can buy through the Xbox App on PC, or Windows Store app, or direct windows store links. See Digital/Store discussion thread.
    FH3 - Manage Game
    - Full game pre-loading became available on September 20 - see the discussion thread. You can confirm installation on your PC by typing Apps & Features in Cortana.
    - The Car Pass may show as Not Available to pre-load, which is fine because you can't use it until October. See Car Pass discussion thread.
    - You can confirm your purchase in your Microsoft Billing History: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders#/

Are you a Play Anywhere user? Update your console too.
    Having the most recent Windows version will enable the most current features in the Xbox App for Windows and ensure that your console and PC get along well for streaming, Game Bar, etc. On your console go to Settings > System and see if there are any available Updates to install. Xbox Preview members in particular may see multiple updates in a given week, and experience trouble connecting online if an update has been issued but has not yet been installed.

Edited by user Monday, June 12, 2017 7:03:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:10:09 PM(UTC)
    I did pretty much what Max is saying before he said all this and had no problem installing H3 on Windows 10. I never had a single issue with Apex. As a general practice I always try to keep my PC as up to date as possible. Don't just wait for it to automatically update, check every couple of days, especially on the 2nd Tues of the month. They don't always trigger right away. Geforce experience told me about the new Nvidia driver. Seasoned PC users and gamers should know this, so I am not sure what all these problems are. Take your time, be patient before just clicking install. For the love of god DO NOT USE PREVIEW BUILDS on the PC or Xbox One. I cannot emphasize this enough. There is no great benefit to being a Microsoft test guinea pig. I have worked in IT for many years and I tell you from long experience that you will have problems using beta software. Unless you are a developer and you need to know about what Windows features are added in these builds DON'T DO IT. You are risking your entire PC and everything on it not just some game whatever it might be.

Edited by user Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:11:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
    #3 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 2:17:54 AM(UTC)
    my game crashes after i press continue ingame any tips?
    all drivers and windows 10 are up to date

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 2:19:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nokas
    #4 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 2:22:58 AM(UTC)
    Hello,

I did not recieve any DLC i didnt get Vip,Carpass,All stars pack and i have the ultimate edition
     1 user liked this post.
    #5 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 4:52:12 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: CooKiE x Fudge Go to Quoted Post

Got same problem
    #6 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 7:18:40 AM(UTC)

Same problem here
    I have na i5 6600k at 3.5 and a AMD R9 390.
    Updated to the most recente drivers and it after i click continue it crashes.
    #7 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 7:51:33 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: G2B x KinqKonq Go to Quoted Post

Got same problem

You guys can try going to Settings > System > Apps & Features > Forza Horizon 3 > Advanced Options and click Reset. I believe this clears out the data and cache of the app similar to on an Android device. Don't worry, it doesn't delete the game or anything of that sort.

As extra precaution, you can also try not tampering with the default graphic settings till you actually get into the game. Let it use the default settings till the first race.
    #8 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 8:11:25 AM(UTC)

Guys just got a solution to that
    Go to Windows 10 settings -> Privacy -> then disable microphone for forza horizon 3.
    It worked for me.

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 8:12:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
    #9 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 12:53:40 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Scorgasmic758 Go to Quoted Post

Got same problem

You guys can try going to Settings > System > Apps & Features > Forza Horizon 3 > Advanced Options and click Reset. I believe this clears out the data and cache of the app similar to on an Android device. Don't worry, it doesn't delete the game or anything of that sort.

As extra precaution, you can also try not tampering with the default graphic settings till you actually get into the game. Let it use the default settings till the first race.

didn't work for me.

The microphone setting didn't work for me either
    #10 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:29:13 AM(UTC)
    I still can't see the game on the windows store.. I am 100 % sure I have the latest version of Windows, the store, xbox app and everything... If these problems are coming up even before the launch... I'm afraid of what the launch will actually be like.
    #11 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:21:09 AM(UTC)
    Also -- if you're using InputMapper to be able to play with a DualShock 4 -- put it in exclusive mode! Doing so solved my CTD's while he was optimizing the game (at first launch).
    #12 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:50:41 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: EleviN Go to Quoted Post
    I still can't see the game on the windows store.. I am 100 % sure I have the latest version of Windows, the store, xbox app and everything... If these problems are coming up even before the launch... I'm afraid of what the launch will actually be like.

Strange I can see the game on the windows store ? and I have downloaded it

1 user liked this post.
    #13 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:06:05 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Karaethon1 Go to Quoted Post

Got same problem

didn't work for me.

Same thing... game crashes w/o any info... I updated everything, my spec is good to go etc...
    oh and remapping wheel buttons doesn't seems to work at all...
    #14 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 7:56:02 PM(UTC)
    good lord I wish I saw this like 4 hours ago. I just deleted like 3 huge flight sims, 4 steam games, and moved iracing to my E drive, all because I thought that the install button wouldn't show because I was low on space in c drive.
    apparently you can install to any internal drive, by going to storage in windows 10 settings, and selecting a designated app drive destination.

Once I confirmed this was possible, I tried installing apex again, and it said I needed an anniversary update....
    Good lord.
    So much install time ahead of me.

I'll be stoked to play in 4k though. I got a 1070 that needs to be put through it's paces.
    #15 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:18:07 PM(UTC)
    Might apply to someone else, but on my wife's PC (i5 3570k,16gb dd3, gtx 670) her game would crash once you would start driving around constantly, I finally fixed it by going back to last month's Nvidia drivers, so it's possible they aren't playing nice with some cards.

I had reinstalled the new ones too prior with no luck, I was almost ready to hammer the refund button =/
     1 user liked this post.
    #16 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:31:53 PM(UTC)
    I'm getting really close to just demanding a refund. This is not worth the price of the Ultimate Edition.

Windows 10 refuses to upgrade past 14393.0, and the game will not install without 14393.102. Windows Update says my machine is up to date. The linked Anniversary Edition update is what I used to update my PC. If I try to pull the latest update from the Microsoft catalog, which should update me to 14393.189, it launches Windows 10 Update Assistant and simply says "Thank you for updating to the latest version of WIndows 10".

Edit: If anyone else runs into the same issue, you need the Media Creation Tool: https://www.microsoft.co...ware-download/windows10/

What a horrible UX.

Edited by user Sunday, September 25, 2016 12:25:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 12:04:49 PM(UTC)
    When I went to do the anniversary update it would fail and revert EVERY SINGLE TIME until I did this one stupid thing suggested on Reddit, unplug my usb3 media card reader... solved the problem and it installed...

MS is borderline retarded with how janky windows updates can be, you would think it's their first time making an OS or something with how poorly it updates.
     1 user liked this post.
    #18 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:52:20 PM(UTC)
    I think that having this as a sticky may be somewhat detrimental to helping people play the game without crashing. The only thing that I have found that works to keep the game from crashing is to roll back to the 372.70 Nvidia driver version. I've gone back and forth between the new 372.90 and the older ones a handful of times (using DDU each time for a fully clean install) and while I am on .90 the game crashes over and over. When I'm on the .70 version I can play for hours without any problems.

Granted this is mostly conjecture I suppose and only one system (although I have seen a few other people on the forums mention that rolling back Nvidia drivers helped) but it has been repeatable on my side by switching back and forth between the driver versions.

My Specs:
    Intel i7 3770k clocked to 4.5Ghz
    Asus Sabertooth Z77
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 Ti 3GB SC
    16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz Ram
    500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM WD Black HDD

Edited by user Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:54:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 1:57:10 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Kocislaw Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Karaethon1 Go to Quoted Post

Got same problem

didn't work for me.

Same thing... game crashes w/o any info... I updated everything, my spec is good to go etc...
    oh and remapping wheel buttons doesn't seems to work at all...

#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:13:19 AM(UTC)

Got same problem

yeah i have the same problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DquVG7GlTlw
     2 users liked this post.
    #21 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:10:21 AM(UTC)
    My game crashes in the Playground animation intro, exactly at the same place, every time.

I´ve checked all drivers and updates severall times, rebooted 100 times...

My pc:
    i7 6700 k
    gtx 980
    16 Gb ram

please, someone help.
    #22 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:35:11 AM(UTC)
    The only thing that has helped me since launch with the crashing is rolling back my Nvidia drivers from 372.90 to the previous version, 372.70.

I've been able to confirm it by going back and forth between the driver versions using DDU for clean installs. Whenever I'm on .90 it crashes left and right and eventually gets to the point that I can't get past the intro videos. When I'm on .70 I can play for hours without crashing no problem.

Microphone, antivirus, tweaking settings, etc - nothing else has helped.

My Specs:
    Asus Sabertooth Z77
    #23 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:38:10 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Flunkhaus Go to Quoted Post
    The only thing that has helped me since launch with the crashing is rolling back my Nvidia drivers from 372.90 to the previous version, 372.70.

I've been able to confirm it by going back and forth between the driver versions using DDU for clean installs. Whenever I'm on .90 it crashes left and right and eventually gets to the point that I can't get past the intro videos. When I'm on .70 I can play for hours without crashing no problem.

My Specs:
    Asus Sabertooth Z77

Where can you download that driver?

#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:19:32 AM(UTC)
    The only problem that I have is my graphic card. I mean, I got GTX 650 TI and I get HUGE fps drops and I lower everything I can to get better fps. My ''max'' is like 40-45...
    #25 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:54:36 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: MainMan B Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Flunkhaus Go to Quoted Post

My Specs:
    Asus Sabertooth Z77

Where can you download that driver?

Just search for Nvidia driver downloads, you can grab whatever version you like from their site.
    2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
    Error