This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
44 Pages123>>Next
 10 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:29:22 PM(UTC)
These are pre-tuned cars by the Horizon team, aside from the visual modifications and performance modifications, they all come with an unique bonus that boost your skill points, XP or even cash.
As of right now they're not available from the autoshow, the only way to get one is from the wheelspins, or buying one out of the auction house.
Another thing to be noted is that not all cars are available in the wheelspins as of right now, only 7 out of the 33 cars are, these change from time to time where the current cars get removed from the wheelspin pool, and different ones are added in it's place.

Here's the list of all HE cars and their unique bonuses (courtesy from ManteoMax):
[MM Edit - Boost information corrected after launch, engine swaps shown by horsepower]

History of available cars:
[09/23/2016 - 10/14/2016]
-'14 BMW M4 Horizon Edition
-'97 BMW M3 (E36) Horizon Edition
-'69 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe Horizon Edition
-'08 Dodge Viper ACR Horizon Edition
-'17 Ford GT Horizon Edition
-'17 Ford Focus RS Horizon Edition
-'69 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Horizon Edition
-'16 Jaguar F-Type Project 7 Horizion Edition
-'14 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 Horizon Edition
-'12 Nissan GT-R Black Edition R35 Horizon Edition
-'13 Subaru BRZ Horizon Edition

[10/14/2016 - Currently Available]
-'14 BAC Mono Horizon Edition
-'97 BMW M3 (E36) Horizon Edition
-'15 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition
-'08 Dodge Viper ACR Horizon Edition
-'17 Ford Focus RS Horizon Edition
-'88 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition
-'12 Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe Black Series Horizon Edition
-'86 MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition
-'65 MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition
-'98 Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition

Forzathon and other prizes:
[10/28/2016 - 10/31/2016] - ForzaRC Week 1 Participation Prize

[11/04/2016 - 11/06/2016] - #Forzathon Prize
-'17 Ford F-150 Raptor Horizon Edition

[11/06/2016 - 11/13/2016] - ForzaRC Week 3 Participation Prize
-'16 Jaguar F-Type Project 7 Horizion Edition

[11/18/2016 - 11/24/2016] - #Forzathon Prize
-'80 Subaru BRAT GL Horizon Edition

[11/27/2016 - 12/04/2016] - ForzaRC Week 6 Participation Prize
-'12 Nissan GT-R Black Edition R35 Horizon Edition

[12/13/2016 - Currently Available] - Blizzard Mountain Completion Prize (160/160 stars required)
-'13 Ram Runner Horizon Edition

Edited by user Sunday, March 5, 2017 9:46:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:42:59 PM(UTC)
They are very expensive cars that give you bonus like 2x xp and stuff like that. You can either buy them for $10 million each or win through bonus spins
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 2:05:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soules Reaper Go to Quoted Post
They are very expensive cars that give you bonus like 2x xp and stuff like that. You can either buy them for $10 million each or win through bonus spins

I swear they also mentioned something about being able to get them during Forzathon.
#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 2:05:47 PM(UTC)
Wheelspins have a chance to have you win them, yeah. Failing that though there's always the Auction House!

I feel these are the more traditional Unicorn cars, very slight alterations on existing vehicles to make them unique.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 2:10:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Wheelspins have a chance to have you win them, yeah. Failing that though there's always the Auction House!

I feel these are the more traditional Unicorn cars, very slight alterations on existing vehicles to make them unique.

And also have bonus multipliers for certain things.
 9 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 2:44:11 PM(UTC)

And without wanting to drag this too far off topic, that's the way to do unicorns! Not full cars, visual things with a XP boost or something.

Edit: And they've also made them available in the singleplayer too somewhat, so people who get the game later will still have the chance to get them. Now if only they'd do away with the other unicorns and do it like this!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:00:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 2:48:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

And without wanting to drag this too far off topic, that's the way to do unicorns! Not full cars, visual things with a XP boost or something.

I agree 100% on this.
They're still desirable because is a separate model with special abilities, but not an actual new car.
#8 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 3:17:48 PM(UTC)

Okay, so I guess I will be using my spins after all! I considered skipping prize spins to grind my way through the game, but I'm glad to see expensive cars in the game. Hope you're talking about credits and not real money!
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of absolute speed
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 3:24:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hurricane221798 Go to Quoted Post

Okay, so I guess I will be using my spins after all! I considered skipping prize spins to grind my way through the game, but I'm glad to see expensive cars in the game. Hope you're talking about credits and not real money!

You'd be driving a real supercar instead of buying a virtual "Horizon Edition" in a game if that's in real dollars.
I was raised on Gran Turismo, but hey, Polyphony doesn't want my money anymore.
 5 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 4:02:52 PM(UTC)
The "Horizon Edition" Viper in the pic OP posted is painted like the cover car from FH1. Interesting.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#11 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 6:04:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mattoropael Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hurricane221798 Go to Quoted Post

You'd be driving a real supercar instead of buying a virtual "Horizon Edition" in a game if that's in real dollars.

Very much true! Of course, I'll never see $10 million in my life! LOL
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#12 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 9:17:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

Exactly!
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#13 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 9:19:07 PM(UTC)
One of the earliest HE cars that was revealed to us was the BMW M4 Coupe HE and it had as special ability "skills x2". So that would be an interesting car to plow through the banana farm when a skill song is playing and you have all the proper perks unlocked. Skill x24! :)

https://abload.de/img/m4horizoniasjo.png

Edited by user Monday, September 19, 2016 9:20:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 9:21:34 PM(UTC)
I like this concept - something to spend all those credits on.
I blame the ants.
#15 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 9:27:40 PM(UTC)

So they are like Legendary weapons in fallout?
#16 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 10:38:05 PM(UTC)
I wonder if it will be like horizon 2's wheel spins for the VIP owners where we get the car and the value of the car added to our CR, if it is that way and someone gets one of those then they are gonna be able to get some nice cars of the BMW is 10mil
#17 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 11:44:33 PM(UTC)
This is the first I have heard of these cars. Sounds very interesting though, definitely something to aim for in the later stages of the game.
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

#18 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 11:45:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ooo JOSH C ooO2 Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if it will be like horizon 2's wheel spins for the VIP owners where we get the car and the value of the car added to our CR, if it is that way and someone gets one of those then they are gonna be able to get some nice cars of the BMW is 10mil

The HE cars might have different rules for VIP rewards.

It's pure speculation, but it seems like the obvious route to go to prevent people suddenly getting massive amounts of credits.
I was raised on Gran Turismo, but hey, Polyphony doesn't want my money anymore.
#19 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:51:02 AM(UTC)
Can someone tell the different ways of getting one of the 30+ special horizon edition cars other than the auction house or wheelspins?
#20 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:56:31 AM(UTC)
As far as we know, there is no other way.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#21 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 6:13:30 PM(UTC)
Just won Dodge Viper ACR Horizon Edition from a wheelspin... Im wondering just how rare it was for me to get that? How much could i get for it? Looks pretty sick though. I just want to make sure if what i got was relatively common, or if i just hit the jackpot

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 6:17:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 8:25:10 PM(UTC)
I got the Lamborghini Huracan horizon edition in a wheel spin! I went looking for a barn find near the banana fields.....The skill song came on and had that car with x2 skills......I ended up with 825,000 skill points when all said and done!
All rubbered and ready to party!
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:09:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
One of the earliest HE cars that was revealed to us was the BMW M4 Coupe HE and it had as special ability "skills x2". So that would be an interesting car to plow through the banana farm when a skill song is playing and you have all the proper perks unlocked. Skill x24! :)

https://abload.de/img/m4horizoniasjo.png

I won that very car you mentioned in a wheelspin! YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:01:13 PM(UTC)
I prefer this way for Unicorns.
As for the price, buying and driving all the cars in game (like we could in a Forza Motorsport) is unbelievably expensive. So I don't think people are over-rewaded. And also it would prevent the game to become a freemium-demo to play where real money Needed- to get the pricer cars !
Forza Concerns: economy, gameplay mechanism,car list,PI-System,limited physics, unserious arcadish driving system, plain and empty map
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:21:15 PM(UTC)
yesssssss, just spun a horizon edition vehicle. Level 33 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR Horizon Edition, man excellent spin

Edited by user Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:46:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

44 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error