This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 7:36:16 AM(UTC)
I wanted to start this thread to have a productive discussion on the FFB. We can also use this to help get some get settings for the various wheels.

GEAR: Fanatec CSW V2, CSP V3 and CSS SQ.

Release update: now that I've been playing with the release for a few hours I have updated my settings to reflect the final game. I can confirm that FFB has improved quite a bit over Horizon2 but not on par with Forza6.

Steering set to Simulation and all in Game Advanced wheel set to default aside from below.

VIB - 80 (this gives feedback on shifting and road feel. Knocking effect is gone in the final)
FFB - 100
LIN - 540 (helps reduce the large deadzone. 700 is my usual default.)

CSW V2

SENS - 540
FFB - 25
SHO - 100
ABS - 69
LIN - OFF
DEA - OFF
DRI - OFF
BRF - 55

Edited by user Friday, September 30, 2016 3:29:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:30:28 AM(UTC)
CSW V2 with V1 Pedals and CSS SQ shifter

I have the same knocking affect as you with my setup when switching terrains. On Forza Motorsport I switch vibration off but with the off-road implementation of the game I think it adds to the immersion. I've found if I set in game vibration to 1 I can get a small feel for rumble without the heavy clunking. Driving at high speed on Tarmac still feels lifeless though.

In game settings

VIB - 01
FFB - 100
LIN - 50. (Tried to adjust but felt worse)

Wheel settings
SEN - 900 road cars / 540 race cars & off road
FF - 25 - 30
SHO - 10
ABS - 65
LIN - OFF
DEA - OFF
DRI - 4

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 6:10:29 PM(UTC)
The knocking effect is something T10 will have to patch. The same issue was happening in Dirt Rally but after they patched it was perfect. I agree we need the Vibration on for road feel and shifting feedback. Hopefully they are aware.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 7:10:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Alongside the release of our most recent update for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, which introduced Windows 10 wheel support, we’ve been working hard to improve steering wheel support and FFB tuning for Forza Horizon 3. Because the game features driving experiences and vehicle types that are not present in Apex, such as off-road driving in trophy trucks and buggies, this integration work requires additional tuning across the game’s diverse vehicles and terrain.

While not found in the Xbox One demo, many of these improvements will be present in the full version of Forza Horizon 3, on PC and Xbox One, when Forza Horizon 3 launches with early access on September 23. In addition, we’ll have support for additional wheels beyond the Apex wheel list that was previously announced. As we’ve said before, wheel support is an ongoing priority for the Forza team and, as we gather your feedback on wheels in both Apex and Forza Horizon 3, we will continue to improve wheel support in future content updates.

Thanks,
Brian

#5 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 3:09:01 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the post 2fast. Glad to see they are working on it
#6 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:38:30 PM(UTC)
Awesome that they are actually addressing the wheel community now and seems like they really want to get it right instead of ignoring us like the last couple of years! That's one of the main reasons I'm buying it. Keep up the good work Turn 10 and Playground
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:13:34 PM(UTC)
Ok Reviews are out and most dont say anything about using the wheel but the ones that do state the sub par force feedback issues that were present in the demo are still there .

Big question is are the review copies the final version because Turn 10 clearly stated the force feedback issues would be fixed for the final release ...... bit nervous now !
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:28:27 PM(UTC)
Heres a review that speaks about wheel support and he says wheel support feels like Forza 6 APEX FFB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INo0-nYjRG8
Intel Core I5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
MSI GTX980 (1466Mhz core)
ASUS Z170-P D3
16GB DDR3 1866mhz
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:07:20 AM(UTC)
FF is still the same like in the demo. No feeling of "wheight" when you drive on the streets.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:12:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LakersLegend Go to Quoted Post
Ok Reviews are out and most dont say anything about using the wheel but the ones that do state the sub par force feedback issues that were present in the demo are still there .

Big question is are the review copies the final version because Turn 10 clearly stated the force feedback issues would be fixed for the final release ...... bit nervous now !

Review copies do not include the day one patch.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:32:22 AM(UTC)
John Sobol from ISR said in his review the FFB feels good . Seeing as hes a strictly wheel user im sure he would have said if it felt bad like in the demo . Nerves are starting to ease a little . Theres so many reviews that dont even say what control method there even using .
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:50:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LakersLegend Go to Quoted Post
John Sobol from ISR said in his review the FFB feels good . Seeing as hes a strictly wheel user im sure he would have said if it felt bad like in the demo . Nerves are starting to ease a little . Theres so many reviews that dont even say what control method there even using .

I like isr but they never say anything bad about a game pre-release. Billy strange has a preview video up and he says it feels similiar to apex but a caption pops up and says "which i prefer". Imo apex feels exactly like forza 6 they just give you some more sliders. This leads me to believe nothing has changed.

The only hope we have is that theres a day one patch, but in another thread jonk replied that the game will be ready to go on the 23rd. So who knows. I wouldve been fine if they left it alone and just used fh2's ffb but they made it worse on the roads.

I think the worst part of it all is that the almost 50 page thread in the forza 6 forums has been totally and utterly ignored. While apex has more sliders the ffb implentation itself is highly flawed and sliders can only do so much to mask it. Im going to assume the pc version will get the same treatment but it seems console owners will be stuck with the same lackluster system.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:58:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:14:11 AM(UTC)
We did a short video (in german) that shows the problem. Accourding to our german PR-Manager the current 1.0.10.0-Version we're playing should be the one which will be released on friday. Hopefully there will be a patch soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy8uS4qh7-k
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:21:18 AM(UTC)
The Version downloaded onto my PC is in directory called Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64 so perhaps the .2 indicates couple of fixes including FFB ?
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:41:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FrontLeader Go to Quoted Post
We did a short video (in german) that shows the problem. Accourding to our german PR-Manager the current 1.0.10.0-Version we're playing should be the one which will be released on friday. Hopefully there will be a patch soon.

So we should expect no changes to the ffb and mechberg was a fibber : P
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:10:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=LakersLegend;555577]JI like isr but they never say anything bad about a game pre-release. Billy strange has a preview video up and he says it feels similiar to apex but a caption pops up and says "which i prefer". Imo apex feels exactly like forza 6 they just give you some more sliders. This leads me to believe nothing has changed.

The only hope we have is that theres a day one patch, but in another thread jonk replied that the game will be ready to go on the 23rd. So who knows. I wouldve been fine if they left it alone and just used fh2's ffb but they made it worse on the roads.

I think the worst part of it all is that the almost 50 page thread in the forza 6 forums has been totally and utterly ignored. While apex has more sliders the ffb implentation itself is highly flawed and sliders can only do so much to mask it. Im going to assume the pc version will get the same treatment but it seems console owners will be stuck with the same lackluster system.
The FFB feels very good for me in Forza 6 APEX with my Thrustmaster T150. I don't have any of the problems I see others complain about. I can feel when the car is losing traction , I feel when I am understeering (It feels very like when I drive Go Karts in real life) , I feel the KURBS and I feel bumps. The FFB is very strong for me in APEX.

Intel Core I5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
MSI GTX980 (1466Mhz core)
ASUS Z170-P D3
16GB DDR3 1866mhz
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:38:35 AM(UTC)
I saw in an article by Brian where he stated that the demo had not had a recent patch that Forza apex had got and it will get it at launch. This patch will have moreover the FFB for wheel users ( if I remember it was in the week in Reveiw or something similar) I am at work now so I don't have time to do searching for it though.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:11:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
I saw in an article by Brian where he stated that the demo had not had a recent patch that Forza apex had got and it will get it at launch. This patch will have moreover the FFB for wheel users ( if I remember it was in the week in Reveiw or something similar) I am at work now so I don't have time to do searching for it though.

Hi folks,

Alongside the release of our most recent update for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, which introduced Windows 10 wheel support, we’ve been working hard to improve steering wheel support and FFB tuning for Forza Horizon 3. Because the game features driving experiences and vehicle types that are not present in Apex, such as off-road driving in trophy trucks and buggies, this integration work requires additional tuning across the game’s diverse vehicles and terrain.

While not found in the Xbox One demo, many of these improvements will be present in the full version of Forza Horizon 3, on PC and Xbox One, when Forza Horizon 3 launches with early access on September 23. In addition, we’ll have support for additional wheels beyond the Apex wheel list that was previously announced. As we’ve said before, wheel support is an ongoing priority for the Forza team and, as we gather your feedback on wheels in both Apex and Forza Horizon 3, we will continue to improve wheel support in future content updates.

Thanks,
Brian

Thats brians quote and this is from a few posts above

FrontLeader Go to Quoted Post

#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:31:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

Thats brians quote and this is from a few posts above

FrontLeader Go to Quoted Post

I would trust in what Brian is saying over some "PR-Manager" form god knows where (is he a PR-Manager for your website? Or is he with Turn10?). Anyway, I have faith. Besides I use a Fanatec CSWv2 so believe me when I say FFB is NEVER to weak...
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:56:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Benkid 08 Go to Quoted Post
CSW V2 with V1 Pedals and CSS SQ shifter

I have the same knocking affect as you with my setup when switching terrains. On Forza Motorsport I switch vibration off but with the off-road implementation of the game I think it adds to the immersion. I've found if I set in game vibration to 1 I can get a small feel for rumble without the heavy clunking. Driving at high speed on Tarmac still feels lifeless though.

In game settings

VIB - 01
FFB - 100
LIN - 50. (Tried to adjust but felt worse)

Wheel settings
SEN - 900 road cars / 540 race cars & off road
FF - 25 - 30
SHO - 10
ABS - 65
LIN - OFF
DEA - OFF
DRI - 4

You guys with the CSW V2 bases, have you made sure that the set screw in the big red pulley on the main shaft hasn't become slightly loose? Forza has real strong vibrations and its the only game i really noticed that sound from. Turns out that set screw wasnt real tight. Grab the wheel with it turned on and turn left and right real hard and real fast to see if you can feel a tiny bit of play in the wheel. You can even use a flashlight through the top window and try to see if their is a slight movement of the pulley. After tightening that set screw I haven't had anymore of that knocking sound. If you need to tighten it then watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVSKIWrh8ac and it'll walk you through it.

ETA: It isn't very obviously loose so you have to really look/feel for it.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:58:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:14:47 PM(UTC)
Hey,

I checked that awhile back as well however it's not a problem with the base. This issue is in the enviromental feedback and as Mechberg mentioned prob due to the terrain changes. Hopefully there is still a day one patch to be released.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:17:23 PM(UTC)
The current state of the FFB of Forza Horizon 3 is very poor. I have a CSWv2 and there's nothing wrong with the screws. I was about to pre-order the game today, but decided to wait to see it this will be fixed. There's no feel of grip at all. This is probably the reason why they didn't release the demo on the PC yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:19:23 PM(UTC)
http://arstechnica.com/g...messes-with-car-physics/

"But wheel users stepping straight into Horizon 3 from Motorsport 6—or even Horizon 2—will feel oddly cut off from their prior play experience. Much of the feeling of weight has gone from the cars, to the extent that we actually had to fire up the old game to make sure nothing was misbehaving with our wheel settings. We're not entirely sure what's been changed, but even with force feedback and vibration set to maximum, something feels missing. With an hour or two under one's belt, this became less of an issue as we got accustomed to the game's level of feedback—we could still post good times and get a comfortable handle on things like arcade-ish drifting—but we felt that the weight-shift issue was still worth pointing out."

I did play with the demo and adjusted FFB and VIB to max, and noticed that Lambo Cent. had no mass "feel" through the FFB - it just felt linear through out turns (no variable load with FFB based on speed and wheel angle). The feeling of weight with off road vehicles felt better. I went back to FH 2 and the FFB weight of road vehicles was much better compared to FH3 demo.

I am going to reserve judgement until the 23rd and first day patch to determine if Brian from T10 has gained or lost my trust!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:20:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:39:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoWing Go to Quoted Post
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/forza-horizon-3-gains-online-co-op-but-messes-with-car-physics/

"But wheel users stepping straight into Horizon 3 from Motorsport 6—or even Horizon 2—will feel oddly cut off from their prior play experience. Much of the feeling of weight has gone from the cars, to the extent that we actually had to fire up the old game to make sure nothing was misbehaving with our wheel settings. We're not entirely sure what's been changed, but even with force feedback and vibration set to maximum, something feels missing. With an hour or two under one's belt, this became less of an issue as we got accustomed to the game's level of feedback—we could still post good times and get a comfortable handle on things like arcade-ish drifting—but we felt that the weight-shift issue was still worth pointing out."

I did play with the demo and adjusted FFB and VIB to max, and noticed that Lambo Cent. had no mass "feel" through the FFB - it just felt linear through out turns (no variable load with FFB based on speed and wheel angle). The feeling of weight with off road vehicles felt better. I went back to FH 2 and the FFB weight of road vehicles was much better compared to FH3 demo.

I am going to reserve judgement until the 23rd and first day patch to determine if Brian from T10 has gained or lost my trust!

I was about to post the same quote lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:54:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KrisRayZaRot Go to Quoted Post

I would trust in what Brian is saying over some "PR-Manager" form god knows where (is he a PR-Manager for your website? Or is he with Turn10?). Anyway, I have faith. Besides I use a Fanatec CSWv2 so believe me when I say FFB is NEVER to weak...

Well so far barring a supposed day one patch which another turn 10 employee kind of said wasnt going to happen because someone asked about a day one patch and he said the game would be good to go on the 23rd.

I would also trust brians word, if he used a wheel which he doesnt. I dont know how long youve played forza but ffb has been a hot topic among wheel users. Ive never seen brian comment on it before and its a little strange that he would now all of the sudden.

The cynical part of me believes this was done to curb a negative thread that could eventually blossom into a 50 page thread like the forza 6 forums. Its a week before launch they wouldnt want any negative feedback to come to light especially bad ffb which could alienate pc gamers who 90% of which will want to use wheels.

I'd say the ffb from the demo is exactly the same as the review copies sent out which will also be what we get on friday. You have a fanatec cswv2, thats awesome, do you want a cookie.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:58:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error