This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 1:52:51 PM(UTC)
READ THE MOST RECENT POST IN THIS THREAD FOR CURRENT UPDATES

To help manage and monitor troubleshooting issues with FH3 in these forums, please follow these suggestions.

Before you post, read these threads and Support forums:

Before you post, try these basic troubleshooting measures:
  • Reboot your equipment (including network hardware connected to your console/PC) - this clears many problems with no need to report them on the forums.
  • Update your Windows Version and GPU drivers and look for Xbox Settings > System > Updates available. Also try rolling back your driver to the previous version.

Tips for getting support on the forums
  • Bumping threads you have already posted in or posting in multiple threads about the same issue is not necessary and not helpful; the developers are aware of the issues reported in the Support forums even if they don't acknowledge each one individually or post about them until a fix has been made.
  • When reporting bugs, be succinct and detailed (including your thread title): state your platform (console or PC), screenshots if available, DXDIAG report or machine specs, OS version, gpu driver version, quality settings, text and code in error messages, whether the error happened once or if it happens repeatedly in the same spot, whether it happens on one platform version or both, and what steps you have already tried including rebooting.
  • Use existing Car and Features Wishlists to request changes that aren't bugs.

Bugs that aren't bugs:
  • Loyalty Reward cars are not awarded until you select the second Festival Site and return to the Byron Bay site.
  • Barn Finds may not trigger until you progress - even with high level, try other event types and head-to-head races.
  • Clubs, Social, and other menu items are locked until you progress further in the game - keep playing. Auction House may be locked due to Xbox settings: Account > Privacy > Xbox Live Privacy > Custom > Game Content > select Everybody. Blizzard Mountain is unlocked after you open the third Festival Site in your game.
  • Not all cars are available in the Autoshow - see the Confirmed Car List thread and Forzathon thread.
  • Not all Horizon Edition cars are available in Wheelspins or Auction House - sets are changed from time to time. See discussion thread.
  • Bonus boards that appear missing from the map are below ground or above you - see tips.
  • The Auction House isn't losing your money: ""By design, Auction House transactions are subject to an auction closing fee that is based on the amount of the transaction."^

Known/commonly reported issues:
  • Races on Goliath of more than 5 or 6 laps will crash the game (or set you back positions) if you use Rewind - set Rewind Off if doing marathon Goliath sessions.
  • Forzathon and Achievements may not pop immediately, but be sure you know (or find out from the community) the exact requirements, reboot, and make sure your HUD Notifications setting is On, and on PC that your Connected User Experiences and Telemetry setting is Enabled.
  • Not all wheels are compatible and some wheels/shifters are only partially compatible. There has been no specific date announced for an upcoming patch/content update to fix issues and address wheel compatibility.
  • You will have trouble finding the game on the Windows Store if your Windows version isn't the most recent version with the Anniversary Update.
  • NVIDIA and AMD driver updates can be the source of some issues, fixed by rolling back to a previous driver version.
  • Forza Rewards points and Tiers may not update immediately or even for days. Forza Hub numbers are your lifetime earnings; the currently maximum credit gift is 500,000 (not millions).
  • Trouble connecting online may be due to your router settings.
  • Crashing to desktop (PC) may be due to conflicting software (anti-virus etc) - see workaround tips.

Bans
See the "Anti-cheat Measures & Bans" thread.

Edited by user Monday, June 12, 2017 7:10:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 12:26:08 PM(UTC)
Thanks for making the thread. I had to update my version also. Although all I am getting on the page is "You own this" and can not do anything with it. I am patient though and will wait to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
Leader of Club Chaos "KA0S"
Photo Gallery
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:37:49 PM(UTC)
My pc is updated and all and this is non existent for my in the windows store. Ulitmate edition pre oordered

Edited by user Sunday, September 18, 2016 5:34:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 11:07:41 PM(UTC)
Thank you so much for the tips!

I recently purchased the Ultimate Edition online and pre-downloaded it onto my Xbox but for some reason it wasn't showing up in my Windows 10 game library. It turns out I had an up to date version but not the anniversary update. Thanks to this thread, I've managed to solve the issue.

See you in Forza Horizon 3!
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:55:06 AM(UTC)
Hi,
I tried all the steps and im still not able to download it. I bought the Ultimate Edition. A few hours before I tried the WSreset I was able to start the download and pick the harddrive, but unfortunately there was an error code all the time. Its not showing up in my library eventhough everything is fine.
My hardware isnt the problem either.

Thank you very much
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:01:51 PM(UTC)
I have the Anniversary Update - it's been on since a few days after release. Windows Update shows no other updates pending.

I have a pre-order of the Ultimate Edition. When I first saw the pre-load was active tonight, it showed in my updates screen in store, but refused to download with a licensing error.

Following advice on the MS Knowledge Base, I uninstalled the App. It now refuses to show in my library on Store. On XB1, I can see it and have started the pre-load.

Hard to escape the conclusion that Store isn't yet ready for prime-time. I've tried WSReset.exe and even re-registering the Store app via Powershell, but to no avail.

Edit: Seems to be working this morning.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:18:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:17:11 PM(UTC)
I tried these, they don't work. When will MS make something that actually works for once. Getting really mad for wasting 100euro so far.
// PC // i5 6600 // GTX 1070FE // 64GB // M.2 1024GB // 34" Dell UltraWide 21:9 // 3440x1440p //
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:51:32 PM(UTC)
To those who pre-ordered the deluxe edition for pc but couldn't pre-load it because you couldn't find it in your library (just like me), here's something that might fix the issue (worked for me).

Firstly make sure your windows is updated like mentioned above in the original post then head over to the windows store and search for forza horizon 3 ultimate edition.
It will probably say "You own this product; Manage" if not something else.
Click on the Horizon 3 Game icon under the title"In this bundle".
Click on "Install".
Select a drive and it should work.

Hope this helps.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:31:16 AM(UTC)
try clicking on the game icon under "in this bundle" then installing
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:06:36 AM(UTC)
I still have trouble with the PC version

1) I own the Xbox One version - I got a review code of the ultimate edition and I have already played a lot on Xbox One.
2) My windows 10 is updated, my PC is ok and is capable. In the (german) windows store, it sais that I already own the game
3) however, when I try downloading, I get an error code ( 0x80070015 ) . This code is well known since it appears with several windows applications when there is a backup problem. Still. this is the first time I ever had to deal with it.
4) I tried using WSRESET, I restarted the pc and so on - no use. I can play Forza Apex, but Horizon 3 won't install. There is enough space on my harddrive, too.

I'd be happy if you helped me with this.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:09:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:51:50 AM(UTC)
Okay, I got the game to download now, but ONLY when I have it downloaded to my Windows harddrive (C: ). I hope this gets fixed, since the game can't just occupy 50 GB of my main harddrive.
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:41:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: karaokefreak Go to Quoted Post
Okay, I got the game to download now, but ONLY when I have it downloaded to my Windows harddrive (C: ). I hope this gets fixed, since the game can't just occupy 50 GB of my main harddrive.

In windows go to settings->system->apps , there search for the FH3 app on your C: drive then click on it and you can move it to another drive.

#13 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:38:58 PM(UTC)
It's 12:00am and the game wont even start.

Win10 that's up to date, graphic drivers up to date. I click "play" and all it does is say "This app cannot be opened"
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:50:42 PM(UTC)
My game is going good, but I cannot talk to anyone? What's the PC Controls for Voice Chat??
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:51:11 PM(UTC)
I was pulling my hair out trying to find the answer why my ultimate edition was not showing an install button. Stumbled upon this thread while searching for answers and the windows 1607 update worked for me! I am now downloading the game, although Im unsure when it unlocks today. Hopefully its unlocked now.
#16 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:35:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Skreppiedoe NL Go to Quoted Post

In windows go to settings->system->apps , there search for the FH3 app on your C: drive then click on it and you can move it to another drive.

I tried that, but Forza Horizon 3 cannot be moved. I get an error code when I try that. (Error 0x80073d0b)

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 11:36:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:45:37 AM(UTC)
Well, my problem is stuttering, all my drivers are updated but the game stutters horribly, even in the start menu it just freezes every few seconds and I can't even get through the menu. Anyone who can help me with that?
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:02:54 AM(UTC)
I'm lost! I have better than minimum requirements for pc and bought ultimate for xbox one, but i don't see where to download fh3 for my pc. :( Any help? Thanks.

EDIT!
I got it!

Edited by user Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:33:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:16:10 AM(UTC)

well you can set up your default storage in system settings of windows 10.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:58:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NhraRacer Go to Quoted Post
I'm lost! I have better than minimum requirements for pc and bought ultimate for xbox one, but i don't see where to download fh3 for my pc. :( Any help? Thanks.

EDIT!
I got it!

WHERE?!
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:52:32 PM(UTC)
Server Issues
"We are aware of current connectivity issues with #ForzaHorizon3 and are investigating now. Thanks for your patience!"
https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/781215413979885568
September 28, 3:30pm

Xbox Live Status
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
"Limited: Forza Horizon 3. Hello Xbox members, we’re currently experiencing an issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back for updates."
9/28/2016, 4:24:58 PM

Edited by user Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:09:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:06:15 PM(UTC)
Windows 10 update and Windows Store - September 29

"PSA for Win 10 users playing H5 Forge,ReCore,FH3+GoW 4 Pre-Order: Take update KB3194496 to address d/l issues http://mjr.mn/2dopeqo (1/2)"
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/781614589628805120
"...after you take the update you'll be on Windows 10 build 14939.222 - and be good to go! (2/2)"
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/781614609094631425

Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Today Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 that addresses a problem that would cause the full game to be downloaded again during our next planned update to Forza Horizon 3. All Windows 10 players are strongly encouraged to download the update immediately to avoid being impacted.

In addition this Windows 10 update also adds in support for Fanatec wheels in both Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3.

If you aren’t sure what version of Windows 10 you have, follow these 3 simple steps: 

Hit the Windows Key + R
Type Winver in the run command text box and hit OK
Look at the dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration info
The version you should see is Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.

If your Windows 10 Version and OS Build numbers do not match the above, follow these steps to download the latest version: 

Open your Settings app
Select Windows Update
Click “Check for Updates”
Install the available Windows Update
Restart your PC

Thanks,
Brian

Edited by user Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:34:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:50:36 PM(UTC)
Xbox Live Status - October 5
Limited - Social and Gaming
In-game matchmaking, cloud storage, finding friends, Game DVR, leaderboards, avatar editing, or pictures.
https://twitter.com/Forz...tatus/783872193339924480
#24 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 10:51:49 AM(UTC)
PC Anti-cheat measures and bans
Quote:
A note for our Forza Horizon 3 players on Windows 10: In the interest of protecting our in-game economies and maintaining fair play, we have begun enforcing cheating bans in Forza Horizon 3. Our monitoring systems are built to detect cheating and are actively targeting programs such as the “Forza Horizon 3 trainer.” Players who are caught using these programs while playing Forza Horizon 3 will be subject to a non-reversible permanent ban from online play in the game. We do this to help advance our goal of providing the best possible game experience for the vast majority of players who want to enjoy Forza Horizon 3 the way it was meant to be played.

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_10_14_16
Forums: PC Support
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:28:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
As I mentioned in today's edition of the Week in Review, in the interest of protecting our in-game economies and maintaining fair play, we have begun enforcing cheating bans in Forza Horizon 3. Our monitoring systems are built to detect cheating and are actively targeting programs such as the “Forza Horizon 3 trainer.” Players who are caught using these programs while playing Forza Horizon 3 will be subject to a non-reversible permanent ban from online play in the game. We do this to help advance our goal of providing the best possible game experience for the vast majority of players who want to enjoy Forza Horizon 3 the way it was meant to be played.

[UPDATE: 10/19 5:04 p.m.] -- Players who believe they have been unfairly banned can e-mail us at forzafb@microsoft.com for further investigation and review. If you e-mail, please be sure to include your Xbox Live Gamertag in your appeal so that we can more quickly investigate.

Thanks,
Brian

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error