This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:41:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chris S 99955 Go to Quoted Post
G27: The rattling when braking and going over kerbs/gravel etc is horrible, too strong and very artificial. Is there a way to lower it without reducing the FFB feel from the wheel force. I've set vibration to zero in the advanced menu but it has no effect.

Lowering the overall FFB in Logitech Profiler does reduce the rattling but also lowers all the other forces so I can't feel the over/understeer. Am I missing something or am I expecting too much (maybe I'm too influenced by the power of Project Cars FFB individual settings)

My bad. I've just found some FFB settings under Wheel - Advanced. Turning vibration off there does get rid of the rattle :)
I was fooled by the input menu defaulting back to Controller, which has a different advanced menu.

#27 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:27:39 PM(UTC)
Why is the steering nonlinear? Looking in the telemetry page shows that the wheels turn progressively faster and faster as the steering wheel turns. Also, why is the steering locked at 180 degrees? After changing the angle of rotation in the driver menu the wheel will turn to the specified degree but, the game still only reads 180 degrees with the rest doing absolutely nothing. I am running the Thrustmaster TMX
 3 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 7:44:27 AM(UTC)
Hopefully they will add the Logitech DFGT ! :(
 3 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 10:13:22 AM(UTC)
Hi why the Driving Force GT are not here???
Many players have the DFGT, all can't buy a high end wheel :(
I hope Forza Horizon 3 have DFGT support too
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 11:04:26 AM(UTC)
Please add Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP!!

Model# E-UD4

Edited by user Monday, September 12, 2016 5:00:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:33:56 AM(UTC)
Pleeaaassseee fix the rotation issue,we need 900 degree.thanks.

Edited by user Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:35:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:16:17 AM(UTC)
Glad we have this thread now, copied from a post on reddit but I am having same issues obviously:

So far my feedback with the G920 is as follows:

- Wheel IN GAME is still pulling to the left for some reason at start of races in some cars, for no reason, not on the hardware, the game, this is with default settings and it's very annoying the wheel wont centre properly to input shifts at times.
- H Shifter is hit and miss on cars and it's not a "flappy pad only car" issue, tried about 4 manual gear knob cars and only 2 of 4 work properly, shifter does not respond to inputs unless this is animation problem? FIAT PUNTO has a stick...doesn't work, 65 mustang coupe has a stick...doesn't work.
- DEADZONE AXIS ISSUE HAS RETURNED (as in not settings after adjustments). G920 is super stiff on the brake pedal and needs the axis adjustments via the deadzones in game, this is not currently working in game at all and break pedals continue to hardly respond, i believe this was a X1 issue that has returned.

Now for probably the worst issue currently:

- CLUTCH GRINDING. I remember this issue years ago, why has this not been fixed yet? Start of every race, grinding into neutral. Change gears quickly, grind, shift through the gears with clutch depressed...grind, shift into neutral...grind, shift out, grind. Why on earth is this still an issue? EDIT 1: It would appear the reason is because any less than 100% clutch depression results in the gear grinding and said sound effect, which is absolute rubbish no car is like this, hell, my current car barely needs 30-40% depression to change gears completely smoothly, this needs to be fixed to drop the percentage down to like 10% or even 1% to resolve issues, it's silly this is a thing.

Overall...not a good start, needs a lot more work so I hope this feedback is helpful.

P.S.

- FFB overall hard to tell because of above issues, but it at least feels better ish to me, it doesn't seem to be as aggressive or janky but it's hard to provide feedback on this, it's more of feeling thing.

T10 you need to do a LOT of work on wheel support, it is quite honestly TERRIBLE compared to project cars, dirty rally and assetto corsa's implimentation (which is excellent on PC).

I would suggest posting as much feedback on your issues as possible here until they get fixed, let's keep at it guys.

Edited by user Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:25:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 7:42:01 PM(UTC)
180 wheel rotation is ridiculous. This urgently needs to be fixed. It's impossible to control fast cars. It should be at least 540 for non-open-wheel cars.

Edit: I tried it again today and it's good, rotation is around 630 degrees. I'm sure it was only 180 before though, it was hitting the FFB "stops" on each end. I think it may be because I wasn't running the Logitech Profiler before (G27).

Edited by user Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:10:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 10:16:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AndrewMac 0x0 Go to Quoted Post
180 wheel rotation is ridiculous. This urgently needs to be fixed. It's impossible to control fast cars. It should be at least 540 for non-open-wheel cars.

What wheel are you using? It has 900 with my fanatec v2. Make sure you have your wheel set to 900 in the wheel control panel on your Pc and in the wheel itself if you have a wheel that allows that.
Then go to the advanced wheel settings in the game and make sure the wheel sensitivity is at 100.
The steering wheel in the cars will only show animation of 180 degrees but your input continues beyond that.
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 2:29:47 AM(UTC)
Hey guys, for the grinding gears, I adjusted my clutch dead zone to 0 inside and 50 outside and never had an issue grinding gears. I hope they make it more realistic where you can stall the engine in the future
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 8:48:21 AM(UTC)
had to chime in here too with my issues with my g27.

Most importantly, the 180 degree wheel rotation is maddening. it makes first gear chicanes impossible and it makes it impossible to recover from over steer.

The wheel 'vibration' is a very disruptive, and very unrealistic. the vibration would cause my wheel input to go neutral. ie, turning my wheel to full lock right or left (wheel on screen is at 90 degrees) and the in cockpit view i can see the wheel instantly go to center, then instant 90, repeat. Turning off the vibration was the only way to get rid of the 'wheel ghost centering' and the clunking/chattering. no amount of reducing the vibration setting would help.

also, i dont like the wheel sensitivity. a very small input from my wheel translates to large movement in game. it is out of proportion. iv tried turning down the sensitivity settings, but no setting makes it linear. this feature does not belong to wheels. controllers maybe, but in a wheel its unnatural. it turns subtle movements, mid corner, into violent movements that disrupt the car and can send you off.

all that said, im super happy forza is coming to pc, but it will be a deal breaker if these things aren't fixed in horizon 3.
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 10:16:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bimmerjim Go to Quoted Post
had to chime in here too with my issues with my g27.

Most importantly, the 180 degree wheel rotation is maddening. it makes first gear chicanes impossible and it makes it impossible to recover from over steer.

The wheel 'vibration' is a very disruptive, and very unrealistic. the vibration would cause my wheel input to go neutral. ie, turning my wheel to full lock right or left (wheel on screen is at 90 degrees) and the in cockpit view i can see the wheel instantly go to center, then instant 90, repeat. Turning off the vibration was the only way to get rid of the 'wheel ghost centering' and the clunking/chattering. no amount of reducing the vibration setting would help.

also, i dont like the wheel sensitivity. a very small input from my wheel translates to large movement in game. it is out of proportion. iv tried turning down the sensitivity settings, but no setting makes it linear. this feature does not belong to wheels. controllers maybe, but in a wheel its unnatural. it turns subtle movements, mid corner, into violent movements that disrupt the car and can send you off.

all that said, im super happy forza is coming to pc, but it will be a deal breaker if these things aren't fixed in horizon 3.

The wheel sensitivity setting is linear at 100. If you set it to 0 it is less sensitive in the first part of wheel rotation and real sensitive in the last part. If you set it to 200 it is real sensitive in the first part of wheel rotation and less sensitive in the last part. When you go to change a setting for your wheel in the game make sure your scrolling over to your wheel every time because the game always goes back to the controller. Also when you change something in advanced settings for your wheel make sure you click accept instead of just backing out or the change you make will not take effect.
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 3:30:39 PM(UTC)
thanks for the tips. the steering sensitivity feels best at 100, like you suggested. but it still doesn't feel connected. i cant explain properly. either its input lag, or some conflict in the background. i get large lag spikes and loss of direct input to the game, usually control mid corner in full lock situations. (i think because the 180 limit) the wheel doesn't do what i input it to do. i see it on screen move faster or slower than my commands. go to center, etc. im still loosing all input for long periods of time when the wheel goes past 90 degrees left or right. i noticed on one occasion steering input returned with throttle, and then went to neutral when off throttle. also, esc doesnt work unless you are not moving any of the wheel controls. off throttle, off brake.

i reset all my advanced options to default and turned off the vibration but turning off the vibration doesn't seem to have helped with the random steering input to center problem.
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:21:38 PM(UTC)
thanks for the tips. the steering sensitivity feels best at 100, like you suggested. but it still doesn't feel connected. i cant explain properly. either its input lag, or some conflict in the background. i get large lag spikes and loss of direct input to the game, usually control mid corner in full lock situations. (i think because the 180 limit) the wheel doesn't do what i input it to do. i see it on screen move faster or slower than my commands. go to center, etc. im still loosing all input for long periods of time when the wheel goes past 90 degrees left or right. i noticed on one occasion steering input returned with throttle, and then went to neutral when off throttle. also, esc doesnt work unless you are not moving any of the wheel controls. off throttle, off brake.

i reset all my advanced options to default and turned off the vibration but turning off the vibration doesn't seem to have helped with the random steering input to center problem.

Are you using the 5.10.127 driver for your wheel. That's the one that is supported by the game. Your g27 should work because I have read in other posts in the forum of people with the g27 not having any problems.
Make sure you don't have any other wheel drivers installed on your pc other than your g27 because they said that will cause conflicts.
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:46:02 PM(UTC)
Wow, this is nuts. I don't the time or the patience to setup wheel rotation when the default setting is 180 degrees. Crazy.
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 5:10:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: asm1983 Go to Quoted Post
Wow, this is nuts. I don't the time or the patience to setup wheel rotation when the default setting is 180 degrees. Crazy.

The game does not have a rotation setting of any kind. It goes by what your wheel rotation is set to in your wheel controll panel on your Pc or in your wheel itself if you have a wheel that allows it.
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 6:32:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KEVIN SYSLO Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: asm1983 Go to Quoted Post

The game does not have a rotation setting of any kind. It goes by what your wheel rotation is set to in your wheel controll panel on your Pc or in your wheel itself if you have a wheel that allows it.

Yea, nah, it doesnt. The way forza does FFB is broken. It always has been.

Instead, like every other sim on the planet that takes your control panel settings and then applying a soft lock per car, console teams have a bad habit to break. T10 isnt the only one to encounter the issue.
Until they fix it (like Dirt Rally had to )... nothing will change, its a futile effort.

from the FM6 FFB thread:

"The conclusion: find a degrees of rotation that strikes a balance between being slow enough to not feel twitchy and fast enough to let you turn lock to lock without having to take your hands off the wheel. If you're looking for the the best, no compromise experience, you may want to switch between a higher degree of rotation setting when you're driving street cars and a lower degree of rotation setting when you're driving race cars to get the best of both worlds."

"We've played a lot with these settings and found 540 degree to offer a fair compromise between the two extremes, and that's why we've set that as the default setting in Forza Motorsport 6."

yea, no. this isnt how you do it. Sound familiar? it should.

"All Wheels - Recommend using 200 – 540 degree (however 270-400 is the sweet spot)"

This was Dirt Rally on its initial release... The difference so far is that Codemasters listened and within a month (2 at the most). They had rewritten their FFB to do it properly, see here

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 7:26:20 PM(UTC)
Another G920 owner here. In Apex, all it does is vibrate and pull to the left stop. Works fine in Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally.

Has anyone been able to get a G920 working?
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 8:32:03 PM(UTC)

Are you using the 5.10.127 driver for your wheel. That's the one that is supported by the game. Your g27 should work because I have read in other posts in the forum of people with the g27 not having any problems.
Make sure you don't have any other wheel drivers installed on your pc other than your g27 because they said that will cause conflicts.

no other drivers are installed and yes i am using the 5.10.127 (6-14-2010) driver, confirmed in the logitech profiler. i know it should work, but it really doesn't. but thats why im reporting these bugs. i these issues only exist in forza. i have 0 issues with beamn NG, project cars, assetto corsa, or race room.
i5-3570, 2gb 960gtx, 16gb ram, ssd.

#45 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 10:28:20 PM(UTC)

no other drivers are installed and yes i am using the 5.10.127 (6-14-2010) driver, confirmed in the logitech profiler. i know it should work, but it really doesn't. but thats why im reporting these bugs. i these issues only exist in forza. i have 0 issues with beamn NG, project cars, assetto corsa, or race room.
i5-3570, 2gb 960gtx, 16gb ram, ssd.

Must be a bug with certain hardware or software that is on your Pc then because other people with the g27 are reporting no issues at all. Sorry I couldn't help you I can't think of anything else to tell you to try. I hope they find the problem and get it fixed for you.
#46 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 10:44:39 PM(UTC)

Must be a bug with certain hardware or software that is on your Pc then because other people with the g27 are reporting no issues at all. Sorry I couldn't help you I can't think of anything else to tell you to try. I hope they find the problem and get it fixed for you.

You are misunderstanding his issue.

From the FFB thread again:

"For Xbox One Force Feedback wheels, the degrees of rotation are applied to the wheel hardware itself. So when you set your wheel to 900 degrees, Forza sends a signal to the hardware to ask it to restrict its range to 900 degrees. This makes sure that you get motor resistance when you reach the end of the rotation range, and the wheel hardware uses that knowledge to translate your input into a percentage.
So at 900 degrees of rotation (450 degrees to the right and 450 degrees to the left), the wheel will respond to a 225 degree right rotation by sending a (225/450=) 50% right signal.

Forza then takes that 50% right signal and translates it into a steering angle. We author every car in Forza with knowledge about how far the wheels can actually turn. Your input is then applied as a percentage of that. So if you're driving a car whose wheels can turn 35 degrees, your 50% input is now 17.5 degrees (off the straight ahead point)."

which is why..... ->see earlier (moderated post you havent read yet)

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#47 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 7:51:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

"For Xbox One Force Feedback wheels, the degrees of rotation are applied to the wheel hardware itself. So when you set your wheel to 900 degrees, Forza sends a signal to the hardware to ask it to restrict its range to 900 degrees. This makes sure that you get motor resistance when you reach the end of the rotation range, and the wheel hardware uses that knowledge to translate your input into a percentage.
So at 900 degrees of rotation (450 degrees to the right and 450 degrees to the left), the wheel will respond to a 225 degree right rotation by sending a (225/450=) 50% right signal.

Forza then takes that 50% right signal and translates it into a steering angle. We author every car in Forza with knowledge about how far the wheels can actually turn. Your input is then applied as a percentage of that. So if you're driving a car whose wheels can turn 35 degrees, your 50% input is now 17.5 degrees (off the straight ahead point).

dont know if this helps but id like to clarify.

im not experiencing the 180 degree artificial lock in my wheel. for example, when stopped, the wheel turns with the same resistance from center past the 90 degree left or right. however once past 90 degrees i get big kicks of ffb (about three a second?) trying to center the wheel. its very pronounced when im at that 90 degree limit. i think some people have described it as a chatter/clunk. and its less pronounced with vibration off.
#48 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:41:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rexjamo Go to Quoted Post
Another G920 owner here. In Apex, all it does is vibrate and pull to the left stop. Works fine in Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally.

The wheel itself worked without fault, the H-Shifter is another matter.
Win 10 | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K | 16GB DDR4 | SSD 250GB | HDD 4TB + 4TB + 6TB | GTX 980 Ti | G920 | BenQ RL2450H x3
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:37:33 AM(UTC)

I am still waiting on a fix to buddy. I gave up trying to get it to stop pulling left

#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:01:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneHandBand1t Go to Quoted Post

I am still waiting on a fix to buddy. I gave up trying to get it to stop pulling left

Now granted that it was blue screens that I was getting when I ran this tool which is a different problem altogether. Given what it is the utility actually modifies is the xboxgip.sys (Xbox Game Input Protocol driver) file that LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) is attempting to load it may work here? It's the only G920 related thing I've run since installing the anniversary update. It may do nothing for you, but given I'm not experiencing this 'wheel pulling left' issue, there is a chance it may fix it.

https://community.logite.../feed/0D5310000510TOKCA2
Win 10 | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K | 16GB DDR4 | SSD 250GB | HDD 4TB + 4TB + 6TB | GTX 980 Ti | G920 | BenQ RL2450H x3
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error