24 Pages123>>Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:19:13 AM(UTC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=580Z5_JwqTw

Sorry if this goes into a different post. But I thought some people might want to discuss this etc. Just to move it to the right post it's wrong.

[Mod Edit - Per the 9/9 WIR: "To get your Warthog code, you need to play either Halo 5: Guardians or Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One by September 23. After that you’ll be automatically sent a code in your Xbox Live Message Center." "While players will have a chance to earn the Warthog via a special #Forzathon event in October, there’s no better way to kick off your FH3 experience on Sept. 27 than by knowing that the Warthog is waiting for you." - MM]

Edited by user Friday, December 2, 2016 8:35:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: title change - MM

#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:22:19 AM(UTC)
Too bad I haven't played Halo:( Guess I gotta wait for Forzathon cx
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:22:37 AM(UTC)
I don't have any halo nor will I ever so ima try the forza thon because it seems cool
 13 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:23:09 AM(UTC)
Nice.... remove vw and add fictional warthog.... now were really getting somewhere :rolleyes:

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:24:13 AM(UTC)
This is the moment where I decide to buy the game.

It has always been fun driving the Warthog. Halo 5 had a rally variant, hopefully we can recreate that.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:28:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:26:16 AM(UTC)
Never been a halo fan myself. But it's still fun to have a more unique vehicle in my opinion. Gran Turismo gets some super Bugatti or something. We get a war machine from an fps game set in the future. Not a bad deal really
 20 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:29:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
Nice.... remove vw and add fictional warthog.... now were really getting somewhere :rolleyes:

No one removed VW, VVW didn't give T10 the licence to use it. If you want to blame anyone, blame VW ;)

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:30:11 AM(UTC)
Haven't played Halo before, so I'll be working in the Forzathon for this. Super hyped though :)

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:31:31 AM(UTC)
Copied and pasted description from the video:
Quote:

Coming to Forza Horizon 3 -- the Halo Warthog!

The M12S Warthog CST will be available at launch for Forza Horizon 3, and will be sent as a free download to everyone who has played either Halo 5: Guardians or Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One. Eligible players will receive codes to download the Warthog via an Xbox Live Message, and codes will begin to be sent out during the week of September 5.

In addition, players who have not played an Xbox One Halo game will still have the chance to earn the Warthog via a special #Forzathon event coming to Forza Horizon 3 in October.

So if we redeem the code before the game comes out, would that be a problem? Wouldn't want to lose some content because I'm downloading it for a game that isn't even out yet.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:38:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling is hard.

One of "The 50"
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:32:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post

No one removed VW, VVW didn't give T10 the licence to use it. If you want to blame anyone, blame VW ;)

We are all going to miss VW this game but they said it will be back in Future Forza titles. And on the other note about the Warthog I'm super excited, having unique fictional cars is awesome, honestly it spices up the game a bit more. I have Halo 5 so I'm even more super excited to get a code and then in October try for another warthog. Nice big surprise turn10/Playground games, love it.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:36:54 AM(UTC)
Fictional vehicles are cool. I dont consider myself a gamer so I dont play shootem up games. But it would be awesome to add more fictional vehicles. Knight Rider with a talking Kit would be bad ***..
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:53:35 AM(UTC)

Hahah xD

#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:19:33 AM(UTC)
So, If I play Halo before September 5th, do I still get the code for the Warthog?
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:31:07 AM(UTC)

I am aware they didn't simply just say "You know what, we dont care to have vw" but they surely didnt put in the warranted effort for a major manufacturer that has been in nearly all forza titles and shouldn't have been too hard to lock in. Also the big downfall to not having vw is this game is for being off road and doing cross country stuff what manufacturer is currently on top of both GRC and WRC, and 3rd in fia world rallycross? VW. But apparently its not important to have one of the top manufacturers in this discipline in a game loosely related to this discipline. But your right having a warthog is of far more importance. Will not be buying this game.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 3 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:36:44 AM(UTC)
Please take the VW discussion in the VW thread. This was ment to talk about the Warthog.

I for one think it's a bummer not everyone get to use it. All tho I do understand why Halo players are rewarded with this vehicle
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:47:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Copied and pasted description from the video:
Quote:

Coming to Forza Horizon 3 -- the Halo Warthog!

The M12S Warthog CST will be available at launch for Forza Horizon 3, and will be sent as a free download to everyone who has played either Halo 5: Guardians or Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One. Eligible players will receive codes to download the Warthog via an Xbox Live Message, and codes will begin to be sent out during the week of September 5.

In addition, players who have not played an Xbox One Halo game will still have the chance to earn the Warthog via a special #Forzathon event coming to Forza Horizon 3 in October.

So if we redeem the code before the game comes out, would that be a problem? Wouldn't want to lose some content because I'm downloading it for a game that isn't even out yet.

you'll be fine
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:51:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post
Please take the VW discussion in the VW thread. This was ment to talk about the Warthog.

I for one think it's a bummer not everyone get to use it. All tho I do understand why Halo players are rewarded with this vehicle

Then the rest who haven't or don't play halo 5 get a chance for it in October. Everyone will get a chance to get their hands on it. Make that two chances everyone can get for it. So you could end up with two of them.
 3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:52:11 AM(UTC)

I am aware they didn't simply just say "You know what, we dont care to have vw" but they surely didnt put in the warranted effort for a major manufacturer that has been in nearly all forza titles and shouldn't have been too hard to lock in. Also the big downfall to not having vw is this game is for being off road and doing cross country stuff what manufacturer is currently on top of both GRC and WRC, and 3rd in fia world rallycross? VW. But apparently its not important to have one of the top manufacturers in this discipline in a game loosely related to this discipline. But your right having a warthog is of far more importance. Will not be buying this game.

what part did you not understand that it was VW's fault, there's literally nothing Turn 10 could of done about it, they might of been able to get it in yes but the price to pay for it would of probably been extremely high which was way out of Turn 10's budget so like Dribbly Midget said "If you want to blame anyone, blame VW"
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:53:49 AM(UTC)
BTW those who have played Halo The Master Chief Collection also get the car so if you don't have Halo 5 you'll still get the car if you've played MCC
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:20:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

you'll be fine

Heh, figured that was a dumb question, but someone would know the answer. Thanks!
One of "The 50"
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:21:00 AM(UTC)
Sorry if I've missed something but what is this Forzathon stuff I'm hearing about? (Search not working)
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:26:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Sorry if I've missed something but what is this Forzathon stuff I'm hearing about? (Search not working)

Horizon version of the motorsport leagues to win stuff like unicorn cars and unique horn packs etc.
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:39:35 AM(UTC)
First the Chryslus, now this?

My word, where has Forza come to? I'm not one for complaining, but I see a worrying future for the Forza games for the car list as for fictional cars. At least the Vision GT cars are a bit more believeable additions to a game than a futuristic UTV copied-and-pasted from a dudebro sci-fi FPS. Who's putting money that the TIE Fighter and Pikachu will be playable in Forza 7?

Get your act together, Turn 10. Fictional vehicles, especially those from futuristic video games, should be off-limits.

Oh, I could just forget about it, but my, oh my, if this becomes a leaderboard car, it'll be difficult to forget. . .
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
 10 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:45:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FerrariFan24 Go to Quoted Post

My word, where has Forza come to? I'm not one for complaining, but I see a worrying future for the Forza games for the car list as for fictional cars. At least the Vision GT cars are a bit more believeable additions to a game than a futuristic UTV copied-and-pasted from a dudebro sci-fi FPS. Who's putting money that the TIE Fighter and Pikachu will be playable in Forza 7?

Get your act together, Turn 10. Fictional vehicles, especially those from futuristic video games, should be off-limits.

Oh, I could just forget about it, but my, oh my, if this becomes a leaderboard car, it'll be difficult to forget. . .

-facepalm-

It's one car in each game out of hundreds to choose from and added at no cost to you and most likely minimal cost to the dev team as they don't have to source or trial any vehicles.

But hey, no fun allowed.
 7 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:49:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FerrariFan24 Go to Quoted Post

-facepalm-

It's one car in each game out of hundreds to choose from and added at no cost to you and most likely minimal cost to the dev team as they don't have to source or trial any vehicles.

But hey, no fun allowed.

I like the fictional stuff; in fact, I'd like to see more of it (cool movie cars, video game cars etc.)

24 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error