4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:38:52 AM(UTC)
Hi everyone, I wanted to share some tips for good league racing with you:
1.Try to race clean, you'll get more points for racing clean than for your position
2.Respect your opponent!
3.When overtaking, NEVER EVER divebomb into the car in front of you, you may not only destroy your race, but the race of many others,too.
4.Stay on your line. When overtaking, stay on the outside when you've been there before.
5.If you can't pass your opponent straight away, try to stay on your line for a better position into the next corner
6.When you've been crashed out, look behind when rejoining the track.
7.At the start: try to stay calm, sometimes drive a little bit slower before the first corner, so you can avoid being involved into the well known first-corner-accidents.
8.Pro Tip: You don't have to get the braking points, if you let the car coast (go of the gas on a straight way before the corner). You wont lose any time, but you can get the way better line, and thus a better place.

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:50:05 AM(UTC)
I simply don't understand how I can get rear ended on a straight....it's baffling.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:57:52 PM(UTC)
Break checking is even worse. Had that a couple of times. As soon you are in the slipstream someones slamming the brakes in the middle of the str8. Both cars broken and no one wins....why doing that? And it happens quite often.
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:29:55 PM(UTC)
These leagues are a joke , the game doesn't encourage clean racing because there are no penalties.
Mechanical damages are a **** nightmare.

Edited by user Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:31:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 7:38:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: v The Haunted v Go to Quoted Post
I simply don't understand how I can get rear ended on a straight....it's baffling.

Depends on what's going on behind you and if you're using assists like TCS or auto or made a mistakes such as scrubbing too much speed on corner exit.

I've done that many times with slower players in front of me. Not much you can do when you hit exit right, the guy in front blows the exit, the guy in front is in the race line at way reduced pace, and I'm unable to slow down or turn out of their way.

In the leagues, if you mess up, you'll get rear ended since the racing is usually very tight.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 8:33:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dante3003 Go to Quoted Post
Break checking is even worse. Had that a couple of times. As soon you are in the slipstream someones slamming the brakes in the middle of the str8. Both cars broken and no one wins....why doing that? And it happens quite often.

I had someone who was ramming into the back of me... not slipstreaming... just constantly slamming into the back of my car on the straight... starting to break the rear of my car loose... so I tapped the brakes to settle the car down and of course all hell broke loose. There is slipstreaming and hiding in the draft behind a car, and then trying to wreck them. If the person was a clean driver I would have given them the benefit of the doubt... but they just crashed 5 other cars the corner before... so... I don't feel bad for what I did. He rage quit right after :)
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:00:21 AM(UTC)

You should be happy if this happens, it's called a bump draft :D.
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:33:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raceboy77 Go to Quoted Post

You should be happy if this happens, it's called a bump draft :D.

Lol yea, I've actually been saved from wrecks before by someone smashing my bumper and rocketing my car forward.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:05:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xXTheOEXx Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone, I wanted to share some tips for good league racing with you:
1.Try to race clean, you'll get more points for racing clean than for your position
2.Respect your opponent!
3.When overtaking, NEVER EVER divebomb into the car in front of you, you may not only destroy your race, but the race of many others,too.
4.Stay on your line. When overtaking, stay on the outside when you've been there before.
5.If you can't pass your opponent straight away, try to stay on your line for a better position into the next corner
6.When you've been crashed out, look behind when rejoining the track.
7.At the start: try to stay calm, sometimes drive a little bit slower before the first corner, so you can avoid being involved into the well known first-corner-accidents.
8.Pro Tip: You don't have to get the braking points, if you let the car coast (go of the gas on a straight way before the corner). You wont lose any time, but you can get the way better line, and thus a better place.

Agree 100% w/ every thing you posted. Good luck w/ that.

Notification

Icon
Error