#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:41:04 AM(UTC)
How will anna be controlled as far as voice commands?
Can we use our headset to control her like we can use our headsets to use cortana?
I have been wondering for a while.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:45:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:41:47 AM(UTC)
Prob through Kinect is my guess. But as far as I know no ones knows yet.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:21:45 AM(UTC)
Who is anna...
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:22:04 AM(UTC)
Thanks a very good question! I think that Anna should be mainstream now Forza Horizon games going forward. But first the folks who maintain the XBOX OS should fix the OS for Kinect for it is currently broken and not working since they released the new Windows 10 for XBOX. I would like to be able to talk to Anna via FH2 as I did in the past, but Kinnect doesn't even see any more - the screen is blank on my box!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:24:32 AM(UTC)
"she's better than ever now. She calls you by name, and you can use her with the D-pad as well as with Kinect."
https://twitter.com/ralphmfulton/status/744917885928247297
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:32:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PilotViper112 Go to Quoted Post
Who is anna...

Anna is basically the siri of horizon but for a gps and you needed a kinect to use her
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:43:10 AM(UTC)
This is the description from Horizon 2:

Quote:
As you explore the world, you’ll be able to take advantage of Horizon 2’s all-new onboard assistant ANNA. Part GPS system and part game guide, ANNA can give you directions to any spot on the Forza Horizon 2 map, including the most relevant challenge for the car you’re driving. If you’ve got a Kinect for your Xbox One, you’ll be able to control ANNA with your voice, leaving your hands free to get on with the business of collecting victories. ANNA will also make intelligent recommendations based on your progress through the game. If your friends kick off a new Online Road Trip, ANNA will alert you and offer to seamlessly connect you into their online match. At any point in the game you can ask ANNA, “What should I do next?” and she’ll reply with great options designed specifically for you.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:00:06 AM(UTC)
What does "most relevant challenge for the car you’re driving" mean?
She seems to be much more integrated into the game hmm.

nevermind... lol messed up

Edited by user Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:32:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:03:32 PM(UTC)
Could perhaps use the headset for it too.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:24:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Could perhaps use the headset for it too.

Would be nice if we could so the people that do not own Kinect won't be left out. I like how they implemented this with Cortana recently. Let's wait and see.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:11:48 PM(UTC)
Xbox One S does not even have a Kinect port right?
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:19:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post

Correct, you need to buy a USB adapter if you want to use a Kinect on the One S.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:45:48 PM(UTC)

Correct, you need to buy a USB adapter if you want to use a Kinect on the One S.

Seeing the Xbone S reveal it looked like you don't even get a standard XBone chat headset either.... :-/
I once read a book on Black Holes. But on reflection it wasn't very enlightening and I couldn't see the relevance of it.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:42:06 AM(UTC)
Just give me a button to turn her off.....

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:46:58 AM(UTC)

Which will run you about I think $40 - $50 just for the adapter.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 2:58:32 AM(UTC)
Will there be a way to turn off Anna suggestions in the full game, as I find it annoying as she also changes the satnav destination.

Loving the demo btw its looking a amazing :)

Thanks in advance :)
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:33:57 PM(UTC)
How could they miss the opportunity to name the AI assistant Cortana? Particularly with the addition of the warthog from Halo.
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:48:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
Will there be a way to turn off Anna suggestions in the full game, as I find it annoying as she also changes the satnav destination.

Plenty of ways, apparently. Including just telling her that you're not interested in what she's selling as soon as she introduces herself. Should be down and right on the d-pad, IIRC.

Honestly, tho, our resident Betty seems to be much better integrated than it was in Horizon 2. Even without the use of voice commands, she's been quite useful when I wanted to focus on getting things done rather than just hooning around in my green, mean boogan-mobile. And I figure that will come in handy when there won't be one, but 350 cars to drive and get lost with.
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:59:31 AM(UTC)
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work without Kinect. At least for now.

Maybe they'll patch it, but using the pre access with the ultimate version of the game, I haven't been able to controller her with my headset.

Thought with the implementation of Cortana for all, they'd have taken advantage of it, but it doesn't seem like it...
 4 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 1:12:13 PM(UTC)
Just wondering if there's a way to turn off anna, it gets a tad annoying everytime it decides to recommend a route to something I have no interest in
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 9:07:17 PM(UTC)
Because she won't shut the up even when I have "GPS Voice" set to off ...

Right when I'm in the middle of concentrating on a Drift Zone or something else she'll start spouting off about some stupid thing she wants me to go do. AAAAAAAARG!!!

So frustrating.

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2016 9:13:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I was angry and used harsh language.

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:31:54 AM(UTC)
I find Anna quite annoying so far. She pop up on her own every now and then to ask if I want a waypoint set to a nearby bucket list or PR event.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:51:03 AM(UTC)
My only problem with voice commands is that my wife is called Anna; I'd be annoying her something chronic!
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:42:09 AM(UTC)
She is very annoying and quite distracting. This is the weakest link in the game, imho.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:42:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error