1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:53:27 PM(UTC)
We are currently in Season 1. The announcement for #ForzaRC sounded like this championship would have multiple seasons and not just be a one time thing. So, is there going to be a season 2? Maybe even more seasons? Different sponsor or same sponsor?
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:07:32 AM(UTC)
I hope so. I'd like to be able to compete without a massive flood occurring at the same time. The few days I was able to try it out, it was pretty fun.
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:56:06 AM(UTC)
I hope not.

The championship has re-exposed many of the problems with the game in its current state. I hope potential sponsors see what has gone on here and back out. Forcing Turn 10 to do something. Overall, this is a poor response to Gran Turismo Sport.

Maybe they can revisit this ForzaRC thing in Forza 7.

Edited by user Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:57:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 1:00:00 PM(UTC)
Its possible that they would, but i dont think its going to happen. They are giving away some great prizes expecially for 1st place, but i dont think ebough people are watching it to be viable.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 2:17:03 PM(UTC)
With not even 1000 people watching the races on Twitch, I doubt Ford or anyone else would be all that enthusiastic about sponsoring another season. Maybe with Forza 7 once they fix all the problems and add a proper spectator mode.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:57:04 PM(UTC)
Im kinda suprised if they were planning on doing something like this, why would they wait so long. The games been out for almost a year the player base gets smaller and smaller as time goes by. I think if they wouldve done it around e3 and actually promoted it around that time it wouldve been much more popular, or even had it start before e3 than fly the finalists out there and have the finals at the event. Im sure them handing the keys of a brand new ford focus rs to someone at an event like that wouldve given them hundreds of thousands of viewers.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 5:30:27 AM(UTC)
It feels as tho this comp has come along as a knee jerk reaction to other games, a quickly and hastily orginized event to try to seal t10's position in the market as a serious racer. It's true this comp has highlighted everything that's wrong with the game and t10 look a bit silly in the faces of ford and it players for not fixing the game enough to ensure a fair comp could be held.

The twitch stream wasn't very popular because we had commontators that didnt really know the game or its players and the infomation you get from watching the stream is limited.

I really hope T10 learn from this and fix the game in time for another comp that's not so high profile. T10 need to take baby steps with this there so out of the league and it shows
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 6:51:24 AM(UTC)
I did enjoy the Lamborghini league as there wasn't the big prizes it meant that it was only those who put time and effort in got the Unicorn cars and it wasn't a win by any means crash fest, that this has become.
So if they do more seasons like that I would be happy.

Edited by user Monday, August 22, 2016 6:52:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I once read a book on Black Holes. But on reflection it wasn't very enlightening and I couldn't see the relevance of it.
#9 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:16:25 AM(UTC)
I certainly hope so. But the fact that the viewership wasn't quite there with the livesteam, the track boundaries problem and that they waited so long to launch this doesn't help the future . Other than fixing the obvious track boundaries issues I thought things went ok. There was definitely some good lobbies and some bad ones. I had a decent amount of fun in the Mustangs on week 1. I didn't even bother competing in week 2 because of the formula ford.... I am going to loosely say that week 3 'should' be fun. But then again I remember the start to week 1 where a racer kept cheating and screwing the entire lobby over. The guy was finishing the race before everyone else and he was always at the back. On the Road America East Route we had a very close battle for 1-4 the entire race. It was amazing up until none of us were actually the winner and all got bumped back one spot.

Overall it was pretty fun and I hope for more.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:24:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaptainMcScript Go to Quoted Post
But then again I remember the start to week 1 where a racer kept cheating and screwing the entire lobby over. The guy was finishing the race before everyone else and he was always at the back. On the Road America East Route we had a very close battle for 1-4 the entire race. It was amazing up until none of us were actually the winner and all got bumped back one spot.

Ive seen this first hand. Several times I thought that I won the race (or got a podium) only to finish second. I believe that its down to lag and poor servers. The person who was winning the races was fast, calling out passes on the chat, and putting down clean laps. However on my screen he was being left on the grid every race.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:59:54 AM(UTC)
There will be a season 2!

ESL are starting up a Forza 6 Ladder and are looking for input on how to make it successful!
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 2:48:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post

ESL are starting up a Forza 6 Ladder and are looking for input on how to make it successful!

Lol. I think its way too late in the game to think of ways to make the frc successful. Other than giving everyone a free copy of horizon 3 if they watch for 2 hours or something nothings going to save it.
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:59:51 PM(UTC)

Pretty easy. Multiple classes both tuned and stock. Break the ladders up into regions like halo and have a big grand daddy final. This would allow others who are better racers a chance at doing well in a region.

GL in the 1v1. Looks like I'm one tenth away from qualifying. Oh if only I had a good feel for the last 2 corners. Pretty pleased how well I did in a race car though.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 8:38:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KatoWerks Go to Quoted Post
I hope not.

The championship has re-exposed many of the problems with the game in its current state. I hope potential sponsors see what has gone on here and back out. Forcing Turn 10 to do something. Overall, this is a poor response to Gran Turismo Sport.

Maybe they can revisit this ForzaRC thing in Forza 7.

Yes even the commentators mention the limitations and how unfriendly FM6 is to ESL gaming and competitions. The game needs to grow up to the point it was in FM4.. (which is funny that it should aim for a game release from what, 5 years ago?) + proper game competition and streaming capabilities for ESL and the like.
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:43:21 PM(UTC)
Season 2 was announced today at the end of the weekly showcase.
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:53:14 PM(UTC)
Season 2 was announced today at the end of the weekly showcase.

Are you talking about the comments from the 2 presenters from the weekly showdown? They said they looked forward to season 2. That could easily be on forza 7
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:40:22 PM(UTC)
I couldn't watch the twitch stream even when I tried. I just couldn't find it.

Honestly the biggest weakness with FRC (other than a lack of common sense amongst racers and a lack of penalties) was ESL itself.

I almost didn't take part at all because I simply didn't feel like having to go online and make another account for some site I might never use again. The fact you had to register outside of Forza/Xbone I would imagine caused a lot of people to skip it.

Maybe if we could watch the races through Forza TV and register through Forza 6 itself it would have done a bit better.
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:58:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bremics Go to Quoted Post

Honestly the biggest weakness with FRC (other than a lack of common sense amongst racers and a lack of penalties) was ESL itself.

I almost didn't take part at all because I simply didn't feel like having to go online and make another account for some site I might never use again. The fact you had to register outside of Forza/Xbone I would imagine caused a lot of people to skip it.

Maybe if we could watch the races through Forza TV and register through Forza 6 itself it would have done a bit better.

Dunno the streaming figures from twitch but each week saw 10000 people checked in on esl. That's plenty imo considering there was only 128 places for the 1v1s. I'm not saying it was a success as it failed on so many other points. But signing up on esl and not being able to find the stream on twitch (first stream you come to if you follow forza) is the least of t10's problems
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:44:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bremics Go to Quoted Post

Laziness isn't ESL's fault
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 1:38:32 PM(UTC)
"Season 2 will be here this year, starting in November" - Rene with Helios during the Finals broadcast www.twitch.tv/forzamotorsport
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 1:39:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"Season 2 will be here this year, starting in November" - Rene with Helios during the Finals broadcast www.twitch.tv/forzamotorsport

Beat me to saying it! :D
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 5:30:22 PM(UTC)
Crosses fingers for low class cars. :)
#23 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 8:48:02 AM(UTC)
Couldn't really catch the end of the event, I stayed for the three races and saw the recap of the 1v1 on Twitter.....is the 2nd Season still with Ford?

I actually wouldn't mind it being with another manufacturer, preferably one I haven't had maxed affinity with for months now ;)
One of "The 50"
#24 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 11:16:44 AM(UTC)
There was no confirmation regarding the sponsoring of the event so I guess Ford will be evaluating whether or not to sponsor the event as we speak.

Either way, I hope the prizes can match what was offered in season.

Notification

Icon
Error