266 Pages<<9091929394>>PrevNext
 7 users liked this post.
#2276 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:04:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
www.bit.ly/ForzaCalendars

March #Forzathon
Events start 3am Eastern Fridays - just after midnight Pacific - and close at 3am Eastern Mondays
USA switches to Daylight Time on March 12. See Pacific Time and zone conversion at localtimes.info

3rd-6th EXTREME SPEED

#Forzathon Flag to Flag
Win a Race in an Extreme Track Toy to earn 25,000 XP

#Forzathon Scratch Race
Complete an Online Race to win the Jaguar XJ220 HE

#Forzathon Bump and Run
Perform 15 Trading Paint Skills to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Zero Light
Complete 3 Drag Races in an Extreme Track Toy to win the Mercedes A45 AMG HE

#2277 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:22:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
April 7th-10th
#Forzathon Pace Yourself
Complete a Race in an AMC car to receive a Barn Find Rumor

Now that one interests me a fair bit!

Same!

Just out of curiosity.....does anyone else see something about this challenge? One of three things....
One of "The 50"
#2278 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:24:23 PM(UTC)
F-PACE?
Pacer X? more likely

Edited by user Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:25:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2279 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:28:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HSV4ME Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Max, awesome work as usual. 😀

All of the Challenges seem rather straight forward, except this one.

#Forzathon Sushi Roll
Perform 15 Barrel Roll Skills in a Nissan to win the Nissan Silvia HE

Time to start practicing your Barrel Roll skills, again.

The construction site served me well for the other challenge(s) that involved barrel rolls.

Oh that's right
You can basically just fall sideways off certain ledges and you get a barrell roll
 2 users liked this post.
#2280 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:33:40 PM(UTC)
Good set of rewards for those upcoming forzathons. Clearing house a little with the HE's and adding a few new cars too.

Decent varied challenges without too much repetition.

Thanks overlords! :)

Edit - Possible reason for cleaning house - Next expansion possibly launches mid April.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:41:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2281 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:45:05 PM(UTC)
F-PACE?
Pacer X? more likely
If the Pacer is the barn find, which it most likely is, they kind of spoiled it.

Forza Faithful since FM4.
#2282 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:03:11 PM(UTC)

Pacer X? more likely

Yep....the name of the challenge....the brand featured....

Something tells me in one way or another we're getting the Pacer or I'm overthinking things again.
One of "The 50"
#2283 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:05:17 PM(UTC)
It's such a shame when your entire list for future vehicles gets leaked.

I'm entirely expecting it to be the Pacer or Gremlin (that was leaked as well if I am correct).
#2284 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:11:08 PM(UTC)
Great challenges coming up! Can't wait for the new cars!
#2285 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:15:29 PM(UTC)
Which car did Bond (Roger Moore) drive and performed a barrel roll (corkscrew)? Could have tied this to the Barn Find.

(AMC Hornet) (Man with a Golden Gun)

Edited by user Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:59:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

HSV
I just want one!
#2286 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 1:27:48 AM(UTC)
So what are trading paint skills? Barrel rolls?
 5 users liked this post.
#2287 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:34:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post

Just kick your controller again, you'll be right.
I blame the ants.
 3 users liked this post.
#2288 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:39:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
April 7th-10th
#Forzathon Pace Yourself
Complete a Race in an AMC car to receive a Barn Find Rumor

Now that one interests me a fair bit!

Same!

Just out of curiosity.....does anyone else see something about this challenge? One of three things....

Well if it's a Pacer or Gremlin in the barn, well have to sweep it up into a bucket and take that back to the workshop ;)

For those that don't get the joke, I like the cars, but they rotted like hell.
#2289 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:05:05 AM(UTC)
Too easy! Good month for prize cars!
 1 user liked this post.
#2290 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:42:23 AM(UTC)
Almost all interesting cars require online play. Sigh.......
Guess I'm done with the forzathons and ready to go back to FM6 and see if I can get my laptimes back to what they used to be.

Question for T10: is it technically possible to give an option to do either an online race or 200 kangaroos or something? I'd rather hop around for an hour than go online, and I know I'm not the only one.
#2291 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:48:29 AM(UTC)
I really like the prize cars this month
#2292 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 4:21:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pharsalus Go to Quoted Post
Almost all interesting cars require online play. Sigh.......
Guess I'm done with the forzathons and ready to go back to FM6 and see if I can get my laptimes back to what they used to be.

Question for T10: is it technically possible to give an option to do either an online race or 200 kangaroos or something? I'd rather hop around for an hour than go online, and I know I'm not the only one.

Go Adventure, Custom, No Collisions, S1.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#2293 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 4:28:25 AM(UTC)

Well if it's a Pacer or Gremlin in the barn, well have to sweep it up into a bucket and take that back to the workshop ;)

I got a good chuckle out of this. My family stated buying AMCs in 1969 and I owned quite a few, between old and new over the years. I owned AMCs exclusively until 1980 and just last year sold my last one and I can absolutely verify your statement. Nash cars, the predecessor to AMC were the same.

A standard joke at AMC meets was that we noticed an increase in mpg as the cars got older because they lost so much weight due to the rusting!

I loved them, but the rust was terrible in the front fenders (due to poor sealing), behind the wheels, and in the rocker panels. Those issues were somewhat easy to fix. But when the rust starting taking a toll on the unibody, the end was near for the car. The cars also rusted in other random spots, no doubt due to the poor and incomplete application of the rust inhibitor.

btw, it was great to see someone else on these forums that actually knew about AMCs, liked them, and wasn't afraid to admit it (lol).

Edited by user Thursday, March 2, 2017 4:17:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2294 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 4:55:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Go Adventure, Custom, No Collisions, S1.

Maybe I should give that a try, but my problem is mostly anxiety related which makes a two hour grind far more enjoyable to online play.

1 user liked this post.
#2295 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:28:04 AM(UTC)

Trading Paint - lightly bump another car; I do believe you have to be going at some minimum speed too (50mph? 75? I don't know). There is a difference between bumping into one and crashing into one.

Barrel Rolls - 360° spin of your car in air, making sure you land on your four wheels again. Or in other words, this: (From Reddit)

Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post

-snip-

btw, it was great to see someone else on these forums that actually knew about AMCs, liked them, and wasn't afraid to admit it (lol).

I got to admit, I used to hate the things (not all AMCs, just the Pacer and Gremlin twins), but now I have a strange affection for them.

Of course, I did also write a 7 page paper defending the Fiat Multipla's design in college. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
One of "The 50"
#2296 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:33:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gsxrboy750au Go to Quoted Post
Good set of rewards for those upcoming forzathons. Clearing house a little with the HE's and adding a few new cars too.

Decent varied challenges without too much repetition.

Thanks overlords! :)

Edit - Possible reason for cleaning house - Next expansion possibly launches mid April.

If I had to guess, the real reason for cleaning out all the remaining HE cars is that FM7 *should* be announced in three months time at E3 and they want to get the FH3 content out by then. Can't wait for that!

For these I'm gonna be on first thing after work Friday to pick up the two new cars and try them out.

-k

1 user liked this post.
#2297 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:50:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post

I got a good chuckle out of this. My family stated buying AMCs in 1969 and I owned quite a few, between old and new over the years. I owned AMCs exclusively until 1980 and just last year sold my last one and I can absolutely verify your statement. Nash cars, the predecessor to AMC were the same.

A standard joke at AMC meets was that we noticed an increase in mpg as the cars got older because they lost so much weight due to the rusting!

I loved them, but the rust was terrible in the from fenders (due to poor sealing), behind the wheels, and in the rocker panels. Those issues were somewhat easy to fix. But when the rust starting taking a toll on the unibody, the end was near for the car. The cars also rusted in other random spots, no doubt due to the poor and incomplete application of the rust inhibitor.

Haha, they're such odd and unique cars, I can't help but love them.

I was one of the few among us who enjoyed seeing the Pontiac Aztek added to Forza 6, not Pontiacs best design, but unique nonetheless.

I will giggle if the weight reduction upgrade adds rust to the vehicles though lol!

Edited by user Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:52:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2298 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:41:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumerableToast Go to Quoted Post
Did people really find the muscle speed zone challenge that difficult? I managed to do it completely by accident about 2 minutes after I put the game on first attempt!?

I did this challenge with my little toe by stumbling over the controller, no problem at all. Didn't even took a second. *irony*

Many thanks for your thoughtful response. So refreshing to see a comment on this forum which is completely devoid of sarcasm and immaturity *irony*

Edited by user Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:23:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2299 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:31:30 AM(UTC)
I'm liking the look of the challenges this month...
#2300 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:38:33 AM(UTC)
I'm hoping that completing the barn find challenge will have a laxative effect on the ones that have been stuck solid since the BM update...

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

266 Pages<<9091929394>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error