266 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 12:52:46 AM(UTC)
I'm sorry for using not permitted words, but this makes me really sad.
i know today, i can't take part on most of the challenges because of work and family.
horizon 2 went really well without unicorns btw.

Edited by user Thursday, August 18, 2016 12:53:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:32:22 AM(UTC)
The cool thing about unicorns is when people ask you "where did you get it??"...so good .
Joke aside , they are not difficult to get (the Jaguar in FM6 is the only exception) .
 11 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:24:38 AM(UTC)
Some of you guys should be totally ashamed of yourselves. They do something to give players MORE fun, and those who say you'll miss out are so selfish you feel NOBODY should have it. You really are the pits, and not the good kind where you refuel.
I don't do drifting much and I hate Yas Marina as a course, but i don't go around saying they should be removed cos I don't want them.

Playground are adding value to the game and hopefully pulling in more fans, those are good things. If you really are intent on being offended spend a few hours reading radical feminist tweets on twitter, you'll be in your element.

In the meantime try accepting that Playground don't have to do this, but have CHOSEN to for the players. To thank them for being members of the Forza faithful and to generate goodwill, which is always a good thing.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:49:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Some of you guys should be totally ashamed of yourselves. They do something to give players MORE fun, and those who say you'll miss out are so selfish you feel NOBODY should have it. You really are the pits, and not the good kind where you refuel.
I don't do drifting much and I hate Yas Marina as a course, but i don't go around saying they should be removed cos I don't want them.

Playground are adding value to the game and hopefully pulling in more fans, those are good things. If you really are intent on being offended spend a few hours reading radical feminist tweets on twitter, you'll be in your element.

In the meantime try accepting that Playground don't have to do this, but have CHOSEN to for the players. To thank them for being members of the Forza faithful and to generate goodwill, which is always a good thing.

u really don't need to be such offensive.

i know a lot of people who will avoid this game because of this, i won't! why not putting all unicorns as free cars in the game like monthly. but this has nothing to do with goodwill, it is a method to keep players playing the game. and i'm not offending you. also the yas marina circuit isn't a unicorn track, so this makes no sense in relation to unicorn stuff.

i am going to try to earn as much of the unicorns as possible, because i love forza and cars, but i'm still not a fan of it.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:08:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrVance210 Go to Quoted Post

u really don't need to be such offensive.

i know a lot of people who will avoid this game because of this, i won't! why not putting all unicorns as free cars in the game like monthly. but this has nothing to do with goodwill, it is a method to keep players playing the game. and i'm not offending you. also the yas marina circuit isn't a unicorn track, so this makes no sense in relation to unicorn stuff.

i am going to try to earn as much of the unicorns as possible, because i love forza and cars, but i'm still not a fan of it.

Is there actually anything wrong with them trying to keep players playing? Honestly I'm happy they're trying and either way, would you rather a game that doesn't do anything to keep you playing or a game that tries to keep you happy and entertained.

3 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:10:25 AM(UTC)

God, this is probably the most fanboying post I've ever read. GG.

But alright, I'll give it to you and say that the events are a good thing, it brings the community together and makes people want to play the game to get the cars. All cool 'til there.

However, what is the problem in after the game's lifespan releasing the unicorn cars for everyone, even if as a paid DLC? It's really a win-win situation for everyone, people had fun in the events, the winners got DLC cars for free and several months early than everyone else who buys the pack, people who missed the event won't be locked out of content if they don't want to, and playground will make a few more bucks.
The only people who will be upset are the special snowflakes that can't deal with the fact that their bunch of pixels isn't rare and ""exclusive"" anymore, pretty much the same stereotype you mentioned in the second paragraph.

Maybe I'm being too harsh with my post, but you don't seem to understand why people don't like unicorns. It's because is really a poorly implemented concept, that in the long term only becomes a handicap to the game, no one is against community challenges and things that brings the community together like you may think.
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:45:00 AM(UTC)
Terrific, competitions where you can race for cars among other things but I have to ask is the amounts of cars you get in your garage to start off with plus DLC, plus VIP awards plus anything else that the game is handing out mean that your garage limit will be exceeded much the same as in Forza 6. Or will we once again be forced to remove cars we paid for in cash and or time in competition from our garages just to see the latest additions added to our already overcrowded garages just curious.

PS Anybody know if will we be allowed to import our tunes, vinyl's and paints from previous Forza titles like we could in Forza 6.
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:21:07 AM(UTC)

I laughed more than I should have at that part. Totally agree with this post though, and it's not like T10/PG are the first companies to ever give out limited time content in games, it's a fairly common occurrence.
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:01:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boxxout Go to Quoted Post

But alright, I'll give it to you and say that the events are a good thing, it brings the community together and makes people want to play the game to get the cars. All cool 'til there.

However, what is the problem in after the game's lifespan releasing the unicorn cars for everyone, even if as a paid DLC? It's really a win-win situation for everyone, people had fun in the events, the winners got DLC cars for free and several months early than everyone else who buys the pack, people who missed the event won't be locked out of content if they don't want to, and playground will make a few more bucks.
The only people who will be upset are the special snowflakes that can't deal with the fact that their bunch of pixels isn't rare and ""exclusive"" anymore, pretty much the same stereotype you mentioned in the second paragraph.

Maybe I'm being too harsh with my post, but you don't seem to understand why people don't like unicorns. It's because is really a poorly implemented concept, that in the long term only becomes a handicap to the game, no one is against community challenges and things that brings the community together like you may think.

Fanboying? Oh my word? I'll assume you've not read any of my previous posts? The ones where i'm extremely critical of Turn 10? How about understanding the post you quoted? I was not supporting Turn 10 or Playground. I was saying people should be ashamed of wanting to deprive other players. Normal people like THEM. I'm all for defending players and their right to as much enjoyment as they can for their money. That's pretty much it. But I will defend a developer on occasion if i feel they need. However as i said that post was about defending pleyrs rights to enjoy thew game.

Oh and thanks, i've never had the Most fanboy ever accusation. I'll add it to my "internet insults bingo" list! :-)

Edited by user Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:05:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling and defusing time bombs! lol

#35 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:09:24 AM(UTC)

Fanboying? Oh my word? I'll assume you've not read any of my previous posts? The ones where i'm extremely critical of Turn 10? How about understanding the post you quoted? I was not supporting Turn 10 or Playground. I was saying people should be ashamed of wanting to deprive other players. Normal people like THEM. I'm all for defending players and their right to as much enjoyment as they can for their money. That's pretty much it. But I will defend a developer on occasion if i feel they need. However as i said that post was about defending pleyrs rights to enjoy thew game.

Oh and thanks, i've never had the Most fanboy ever accusation. I'll add it to my "internet insults bingo" list! :-)

Well, I'd say that those who demand unicorns be completely exclusive are depriving others of content more than the other side are.
#36 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:50:30 PM(UTC)
I was just wondering about the forzathon challenges. Will your success depend on your performance against other player, or will you have to just complete a given objective? For example will you have to earn the most xp out of other players to get the reward or will you have to just earn a certain amount of xp and you get the reward? If there is already a thread for this someone please tell me. All responses are appreciated!
#37 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 4:28:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

Well, I'd say that those who demand unicorns be completely exclusive are depriving others of content more than the other side are.

They've already said that there will be numerous opportunites to win various cars, so if you miss out first time, there'll be other chances. Since my injuries my gaming ability is drastically reduced so i have no chance of getting unicorns most of the time. But i don't begrudge others from having them and a sense of pride they get from their achievements and skill. :-)
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 5:22:41 AM(UTC)
I'm so suprised that people are actually dissapointed in this... all I've been hearing for the past 3 years is S14!! S14!!!! and when people have a chance to actually get it they complain. Oh my days lol. There's going to be multiple chances to win the prizes in popular events so I'm pretty sure the S14 will can be won a few times lol. Just please guys be happy it's a reason to keep playing the game and a chance to get some really cool stuff.
#39 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 9:02:27 AM(UTC)
never got the hate for the unicorns
I haven't been a huge collector of em but they have given people a chance for them and they said they are doing some multiple times. I managed to get a few in horizon and 6, missed out completely in 4. But was never traumatized lol

There's so many cars in the game I doubt you'll even notice and I highly doubt they will make it impossible to get.

Forzathon seems to be a big deal, there's more newly found menus for it and seems to have tracking. I really don't think this will be just a random uni you see pop up it's head and then vanishes into thin air never to be seen again. They seem to be listening to a lot of complaints, this very well maybe the one for unicorns. Could be wrong... but i think there's more to it.

so far there's unicorn cars in the auction house
a forzathon menu, sales and what looks to be some sort of tracking
seems to be a lot to it then just some random fast thing like the unicorns of old
 3 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:33:20 AM(UTC)
This was a time-limited challenge achievement that is already expired:

#Forzathon Sand Skids
Bank a single chain of 100,000 skill points at the Silver Sands Shipwrecks in any Buggy.
(From Aug 04 2016 until Sep 01 2016)

Please extend the timer/re-open the expired challenge(s) so everyone at least gets a fair chance to unlock it. Maybe re-open it alongside the others that start in October?

source:
http://www.trueachieveme...Horizon-3/challenges.htm
the expired challenges are at the bottom of that page

Edited by user Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:36:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:43:25 AM(UTC)
It doesn't even list a reward, it was likely just a test one for the review copies to see how the system works. I would assume some of the non unicorn challenges will just roll through on a cycle, it will likely come back.
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:19:10 AM(UTC)
This is not an in-game mission, it is an Xbox One time-limited achievement. These do not come back through a cycle unless the the timer is re-activated by the developer.
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:35:44 AM(UTC)
It is an in game mission, its a challenge, not an achievement, there is no Gamerscore associated with it, and I doubt it even is recorded. If you complete the challenge you get a reward, like money, xp, or a car, its a bonus.
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:06:07 AM(UTC)
I think he is referring to this:
http://www.trueachieveme...sand-skids-challenge.htm
It will not unlock as the timer has expired, even if the in-game requirements are the same.
In fact, during the time it actually was available, one person has already unlocked it.

Edited by user Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:12:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:27:09 AM(UTC)
I'm aware of what he was referring to, its not an achievement though, its a challenge.

It has been stated that #Forzathon is an in game challenge series that will offer players a batch of things to do, earn bonus rewards like cash/xp and on occasion special cars like the Silvia and Halo Warthog. The game hasn't even officially launched (that's not until the 27th/29th). #Forzathon doesn't even start until October, which is why all the other #Forzathon Challenges don't start for 2 weeks. I'm also confident the devs know what they are doing with this and we need not fret over a single expired challenge.

Edited by user Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:31:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:05:53 PM(UTC)
It is an achievement. They're called "Challenge Achievements" and it doesn't matter if there is a reward tied to it or not. Many games don't die rewards to their challenge achievements. There were issues with some of the challenge achievements in Motorsport 5, but they were all fixed and made obtainable after incorrectly expiring. I would hope that this one will also be made available once the game actually launches but that might be up to Playground Games rather than Turn 10.

Don't know, hope it gets fixed. They did recently (finally) fix some Forza Rewards stuff for me so anything is possible but it would be extremely disappointing to leave it as unobtainable.
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:40:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FortuneGT Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't even list a reward, it was likely just a test one for the review copies to see how the system works. I would assume some of the non unicorn challenges will just roll through on a cycle, it will likely come back.

Actually it does have a reward - 20.000XP - it's just not named in the description.

And this isn't the only unobtainable challenge achievement in Forza Horizon 3, there are at least three (might be more):

#Forzathon "Sand Meeting"
Start a convoy on the Silver Sands Shipwrecks and win 15 convoy races.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Achievements/XboxOne/1289871275/116

#Forzathon Sand Banks!
Get 3 stars on the Silver Sands Shipwrecks Danger Sign.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Achievements/XboxOne/1289871275/117

#Forzathon Sand Skids
Bank a single chain of 100,000 skill points at the Silver Sands Shipwrecks in any Buggy.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Achievements/XboxOne/1289871275/118

Edited by user Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:52:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 12:52:22 PM(UTC)
so i have got 177k drift in a drift zone with it but it havent unlocked, do i need to do it with a standar trueno ? no engine upgrade ?
#49 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 12:53:58 PM(UTC)
Is the Forzathon event active yet or starting next week?
#50 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 1:00:43 PM(UTC)
well it says ending at 15.10.2016 so not sure if but i got a 77k in the drift zone with a standar trueno so it may not have started :P
266 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error