266 Pages<<219220221222223>>PrevNext
#5501 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 2:53:05 AM(UTC)
The thing that I hate the most is crashing. It just gives me this angry and frustrating feeling inside. So I avoid it by not completing PR events and events like this threading the needle.
 1 user liked this post.
#5502 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 3:39:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shakurazz Go to Quoted Post
The thing that I hate the most is crashing. It just gives me this angry and frustrating feeling inside. So I avoid it by not completing PR events and events like this threading the needle.

If you keep to the center of the main coast road in Surfers Paradise you shouldn't crash much. For races I usually have the damage setting to cosmetic only and sometimes rewind which undoes the damage. Psychologically lowering or muting the sound may help.

I was doing fine with Threading The Needle, then day turned into night and most of the traffic disappeared. I wouldn't recommend trying the challenge at night.

For those who don't want to upgrade their Centenario, there's a very easy 3 star speed trap at the gold mine to the left of the airport, which can be repeated. Start on the South side near some sand dunes and it's a straight run.

Edited by user Friday, September 22, 2017 3:43:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5503 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 3:41:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

For those who don't want to upgrade their Centenario, there's a very easy 3 star speed trap at the gold mine to the left of the airport, which can be repeated. Start on the South side near some sand dunes and it's a straight run.

DOH! I totally forgot about that one and it's the one I normally use because it's so easy!!!!

I'll be in an private free roam session if anyone wants an invite for the next few hours....

Edited by user Friday, September 22, 2017 5:08:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

3 users liked this post.
#5504 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 6:01:43 AM(UTC)
So I finally completed the threading the needle one. It was pretty boring to do.
Some of these challenges are highly questionable... Is there anyone that looks at "Do 20 threading the needle skills in a Ferrari" and thinks, "Aw man, this is gonna be fun!"?
My only thought going into it was, I better set aside some time cause this is gonna take a while.
#5505 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 8:09:24 AM(UTC)
Not so hard afterall, there must be some achievements that never have time to display.

Though I feared that the drivatars were learning,
Always when approaching a bunch of cars there seemed to be a Ferrari trying to pry in between the cars...
 1 user liked this post.
#5506 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 9:37:37 AM(UTC)
For anyone struggling with the threading the needle it's a lot easier to do it as a bucket list because there's only traffic and no drivatars...

I have set one up from the one on the corner by the mine that uses the La Ferrari... just drive on the wrong side of the road to rack up skill points and those threading the needle skills drive to the finish when you have had enough...

I just ran 11 mins worth and it gave 90k CR and 140K XP plus what you will win on Wheelspins with loads of threading the needle skills.... you have a max of 30 mins...

Edited by user Friday, September 22, 2017 9:52:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

1 user liked this post.
#5507 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 2:34:00 PM(UTC)
Is anyone available to help me complete the ‘Join The Party’ forzathon in a private free roam session? My Xbox cannot find a custom games only public session and everyone in free roam seems to do nothing but drag race. I would love to get the Mini GP HE, any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading!

Edit: Done! Thanks to HSV4ME for the help :)

Edited by user Friday, September 22, 2017 2:58:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5508 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 2:43:30 PM(UTC)
A tip for the ferrari one, go to surfer's paradise on a freeroam, and keep driving on that long main straight next to the coast
#5509 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 2:59:11 PM(UTC)
For what it's worth, I did the threading the needle challenge on the highway. I used the FXX-K and drove against traffic, back and forth on the main stretch.
#5510 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 3:34:45 PM(UTC)
Looking for help on the Noct Out challenge.
#5511 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 6:33:37 PM(UTC)
Anyone around to do the playground games so I can get the mini ?
#5512 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:02:30 PM(UTC)
OK, got the Mini and the 3 wheel spins. The Thread the Needle won't be an issue. BUT do I really want to spend 2,300,000 credits to win, what is it, 50,000?

[edit]OK, just noticed hat is 120,000 credits, but still.

Edited by user Friday, September 22, 2017 7:38:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5513 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:13:39 PM(UTC)
Got the Mini, thanks for the help !
 2 users liked this post.
#5514 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:16:10 PM(UTC)
I'm gonna sound like a jerk but whatever.

I seriously don't understand the complaints about the Threading the Needle challenge. Really, it's not that hard. They even made it easier for us by restricting the challenge to Ferrari cars. Ferrari has developed and built no shortage of delicately balanced machines with razor-sharp steering, which can weave between traffic all day without causing crashes. Just grab a damn LaFerrari, 458 or a 430 and do it...

I did this one in 15 minutes, if that. Lucky Escape challenge a few weeks ago was harder, and I'd expect it to be harder for the uninitiated.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#5515 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:33:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NickB6913 Go to Quoted Post
Looking for help on the Noct Out challenge.

what help do you need

you just need to win a head to head race in the Quartz Regalia
 1 user liked this post.
#5516 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:41:50 PM(UTC)
Well I got my 4 pops and I did every challenge the old fashion way. The playground game included seven minis and a BMW. The head to head included a off road section and that was not fun but I still won it. Threading the needle required 5 trips up and down the highway and luckily the sun did not set I just used three random speed traps that I had three starred before. This is the first forzathon that I have used the achievement tracker on and need to know is it possible to put the 4 challenges in the box on the screen. I had to keep going back and finding the challenge by using the big white Xbox button
#5517 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 8:05:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
OK, got the Mini and the 3 wheel spins. The Thread the Needle won't be an issue. BUT do I really want to spend 2,300,000 credits to win, what is it, 50,000?

Actually you'll probably make some $ if you turn around and sell the lambo after you get the challenge.

For some reason people keep paying well over 2.3 mil for them in the AH.

Use the perk that gives you 5% off in the auto show so you get it for a little over 2.1, then throw it in the AH and you'll probably get 2.4, maybe even a 2.6 buyout for it.

Edited by user Friday, September 22, 2017 8:06:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#5518 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 8:27:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRK333 Go to Quoted Post
Well I got my 4 pops and I did every challenge the old fashion way. The playground game included seven minis and a BMW. The head to head included a off road section and that was not fun but I still won it. Threading the needle required 5 trips up and down the highway and luckily the sun did not set I just used three random speed traps that I had three starred before. This is the first forzathon that I have used the achievement tracker on and need to know is it possible to put the 4 challenges in the box on the screen. I had to keep going back and finding the challenge by using the big white Xbox button

yeh you can adjust the number of achievements on the screen in the achievement tracker settings
#5519 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 9:58:19 PM(UTC)
BUT do I really want to spend 2,300,000 credits to win, what is it, 50,000?

Well, the car is worth it. I used it a lot, and finely tuned you can use this car for everything. You might think of this as a kind of discount if you wish....
 1 user liked this post.
#5520 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:02:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ssrdemo Go to Quoted Post

Actually you'll probably make some $ if you turn around and sell the lambo after you get the challenge.

For some reason people keep paying well over 2.3 mil for them in the AH.

Use the perk that gives you 5% off in the auto show so you get it for a little over 2.1, then throw it in the AH and you'll probably get 2.4, maybe even a 2.6 buyout for it.
had forgot about the perk for 5% off. Oh well, it's only credits and the 80,000 XP will get me another wheelspin and a chance to win 2,000 credits, probably.

[edit]This will give me a reason to go through and get rid of all my duplicates or HE cars and Forzathon prizes. Already made a good chunk of it back on a 959 Porsche

Edited by user Saturday, September 23, 2017 4:24:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5521 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:51:16 AM(UTC)
Yeh talby I saw that but how do I get the challenges into the box in the first place. I noticed that the tracker lists all the achievements not yet completed

Edited by user Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:54:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5522 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:09:32 AM(UTC)
I have given up playing FH3 on the console now after 4K/60 from the FM7 Demo on PC I have started playing FH3 on the PC again for the first time since a few months after release... Just did a private online free roam session with a console player without too many issues... at least once I remembered to enable cross play in FH3 and have the xbox app running on the PC...

FH3 is a different game now.. no popping cars they can be seen clearly from a long way away... 60HZ refresh on the 4K TV... only had to work on FFB settings on the G920 to get similar feel... goto to re-map buttons though as it's a bit confusing...

As of next week I will be concentrating on FM7 but will still have a few FH3 Co-op windows for the usual crew and anyone else who is around when I'm playing...

If I'm shown as playing FM7 I wont be answering invites....

Edited by user Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:36:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5523 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:17:09 AM(UTC)
PG games are the worst. I know they'd do anything to make us play them but c'mon no more rewards thru them eh ?
 1 user liked this post.
#5524 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:30:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post
PG games are the worst. I know they'd do anything to make us play them but c'mon no more rewards thru them eh ?

They don't have to be if you find the right people to play them with and they don't need to be a done in a public session... This lot can be all done and dusted in 5 mins....

#5525 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 12:47:12 PM(UTC)
So i see some struggling with threading the needle. First of all fast isnt always the best. The forzathon says with ANY ferrari, so lower class ones are eligible for this. I used the 166 barn find car with DJS's b class tune and started up a private freeroam. Simply drove backwards on the highway next to the cars and used the grip advantage of the 166 to maneuver out of an accident. Its easy and slow, and you'll get the achievement in no time. if you dont have a 166, try the dino or any smaller ferrari. Hope this helps.
266 Pages<<219220221222223>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error