138 Pages<<105106107108109>>PrevNext
#2651 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:40:42 AM(UTC)
Didn't unlock for me after 5 PR stunts earlier.
Hard shutdown, plug pulled for 3 mins and "Ta da"
Mercedes-Benz in the garage and achievement unlocked.
#2652 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:52:33 AM(UTC)
I had notifications off and didn´t got the Merc... Worked with notifications turned on... Thx...
#2653 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 12:35:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JU1CE Cannon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
For those who can't get the Starry Eyed achievement to pop:

There most certainly is a glitch / defect / oversight / lack of care in the code that counts your 3 star PR stunt run as I discovered just now.

In Settings > HUD and Game Play, there is a setting called Notifications.

If this is set to OFF, you will never get the achievement.

I did many runs, resets, switch from XB1 to PC and back again, until I realised that I had turned mine off.

Turned it back ON, did three runs of the Gold Mine Speed Trap achievement popped straight away.

And to think not a single T10 Dev thought to drop by to mention that the code they wrote to count the achievement relied on this setting to be on, but as usual, allowed the community to bicker about how to fix it.

You know Notifications are set to ON by default... so you had to have turned it off at some point; probably trying to quiet ANNA...

Not a defect/glitch/oversight or lack of care when you go and gum up the works for yourself. Just saying.

Disabling notifications shouldn't prevent the actual things it's notifying you of from happening altogether.

It was discussed during the first forzathon that had pr stunts in it that you required you to have notifications on otherwise you wont see that you 3 starred it anyway
It shouldn't affect it but it does

It doesn't shut Anna up anyway by turning them off
 2 users liked this post.
#2654 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:42:55 PM(UTC)

There most certainly is a glitch / defect / oversight / lack of care in the code that counts your 3 star PR stunt run as I discovered just now.

I did many runs, resets, switch from XB1 to PC and back again, until I realised that I had turned mine off.

Turned it back ON, did three runs of the Gold Mine Speed Trap achievement popped straight away.

And to think not a single T10 Dev thought to drop by to mention that the code they wrote to count the achievement relied on this setting to be on, but as usual, allowed the community to bicker about how to fix it.

You know Notifications are set to ON by default... so you had to have turned it off at some point; probably trying to quiet ANNA...

Not a defect/glitch/oversight or lack of care when you go and gum up the works for yourself. Just saying.

Lots of stupid things are on by default.

What REALLY doesn't help are people like you attacking people looking for help rather than finding a way to help them.

If this was such a well known requirement, then why did no one before me, particularly a T10 representative, jump in and offer this helpful tip.

It certainly is oversight and lack of care if it is not a defect or glitch.

Edited by user Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:46:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#2655 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:22:28 PM(UTC)

What REALLY doesn't help are people like you attacking people looking for help rather than finding a way to help them.

If this was such a well known requirement, then why did no one before me, particularly a T10 representative, jump in and offer this helpful tip.

I gave this advice to people about 17 forzathons ago but they told me i was stupid so i gave up.

2 users liked this post.
#2656 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 6:33:43 PM(UTC)

I'm not attacking you. I hope you figure out what you did to make Forzathon not work. I hope you get all Forzathon challenges and rewards.

You say stupid things are on by default... well maybe the people who MADE the game, know something you don't, and this isn't new information... it has been brought up several times... over the last 6 months. I don't feel like I need to hand hold someone who can easily READ. You didn't discover this, you aren't the first, you aren't special. You feel that something is owed to you because of whatever... but when the reality of 'maybe it's your fault' sets in, you get upset... 'well the developer should know I was gonna do something to hurt myself' Sorry, it doesn't work that way...
Forzathon has worked for me since day one, and you know why? Because I don't do anything weird... I don't try messing with the game or playing around with settings. Its simple stuff.

I just find it sad that frustration on your end, MUST mean that people at Turn10 'don't care'. Also Turn 10 is a developer, not a publisher, so expecting a 'representative' to answer your questions specifically is entitlement at its finest... talk to MS, report your issues in Support, send an email to the feedback address.

Again, I hope everything works out for you.
#2657 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 6:34:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sday9 Go to Quoted Post
I have to go out of town this weekend. Any advice on how to approach this one to get it done very quickly Friday morning? Or just hit the auction house when I get back?

#Forzathon Starry-Eyed
Get 3 Stars on 3 PR Stunts to win the ’72 Mercedes 300 SEL 6.3

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Just got back in town, thanks for all the advice. Did rainforest danger sign x3, super easy!

7 users liked this post.
#2658 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:28:49 PM(UTC)

I'm not attacking you.

You didn't discover this, you aren't the first, you aren't special.

You feel that something is owed to you because of whatever...

but when the reality of 'maybe it's your fault' sets in, you get upset...

entitlement at its finest

I come to share my passion about cars, driving and Forza with like-minded individuals.

I stay for the community spirit ......
 1 user liked this post.
#2659 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 1:39:09 AM(UTC)
If it's possible to configure the game with settings the developers themselves provide and this stops features from working it IS the developers fault. It's a bug.

Br, a software engineer.
#2660 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 3:17:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
24th-27th SPRING FESTIVAL

#Forzathon Celebration Of The Cherry Blossom
Win a Race in a Japanese car to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Sushi Roll
Perform 15 Barrel Roll Skills in a Nissan to win the Nissan Silvia HE

#Forzathon Wasabi Shrimp
Perform 15 Drift Skills in the Honda S800 or the Toyota Corolla SR5 to receive 25,000 CR

#Forzathon Karaoke Night
Bank a Skill Chain during a Skill Song to earn 25,000 XP

Remember to reboot before starting events, and reboot again if achievements or gifts don't pop up promptly.

I have been working on getting the right Nissan (for me) to complete the 'Sushi Roll' in the upcoming Forzathon. I thought I would share this info as it might be helpful to some and hopefully negate any headaches.

I have found the '94 Nissan Silvia K'S is one the easiest cars to achieve a Barrel Roll in the Timber Yard. Coming in from the North of the Map to the left high timber stack and just hit the left corner of the same stack. You should be able to get the car to roll easily. No faster than 120-130 KPH or you will over-rotate the car and fail the Barrel Roll.

https://youtu.be/6d6V0UejeTw

Shameless plug time. I have created a Tune that puts it up to a S1 class but it is nice handling as a 4wd rally car, not a great tune but it will get the job done. And I did a Paint for it as well. Just search my GT and "Barrel Roll" and download. Please. And Like. Please. Tune is a bit high @ 60k but just think about how much you could save but not buying this HE from the Auction House........

Edited by user Friday, March 24, 2017 4:02:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: You Tube link

HSV
I just want one!
#2661 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 3:23:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
I did a head-to-head race in my '00 Cobra R but only "Top of the Mornin'" popped.

Head-to-head races not counts as a races. I know thats so funny! The same a Drag Online not count as an Online Race - so what it is??? -.-

Edited by user Monday, March 20, 2017 4:04:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2662 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 3:46:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HSV4ME Go to Quoted Post

I have been working on getting the right Nissan (for me) to complete the 'Sushi Roll' in the upcoming Forzathon. I thought I would share this info as it might be helpful to some and hopefully negate any headaches.

I have found the '94 Nissan Silvia K'S is one the easiest cars to achieve a Barrel Roll in the Timber Yard. Coming in from the North of the Map to the left high timber stack and just hit the left corner of the same stack. You should be able to get the car to roll easily.

Yyyy. Nissan Titan? . Wait, maybe you dont have Blizzard Mountain. Then sorry xd

Edited by user Monday, March 20, 2017 3:55:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2663 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 3:54:58 AM(UTC)
Tried the Nissan Titan but it's a bit of a slow moving monster. There are other trucks I would rather race. I have finished the whole game, including Blizzard Mountain, but nothing is as easy as the Timber Yard.
HSV
I just want one!
#2664 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 4:01:39 AM(UTC)
Tried the Nissan Titan but it's a bit of a slow moving monster. There are other trucks I would rather race. I have finished the whole game, including Blizzard Mountain, but nothing is as easy as the Timber Yard.

No, it's perfect for it. Just use S2 (or S1 - I dont remember which is maxed out) tuning with the best max speed value and then that really easy. I tried and it really works. I use the stone next to the first Warning Jump you did in the forest. I dont remember thats Timber Yard or not. Just drive down the mountain to gain the speed and then achieve the stone (the left site of it is better if I remember clearly). Just change position of one, front wheel (next to the edge) of the end of stone and the barrel roll made by itself.

Edited by user Monday, March 20, 2017 4:02:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2665 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 7:22:11 AM(UTC)

#Forzathon Sushi Roll

#Forzathon Wasabi Shrimp
Perform 15 Drift Skills in the Honda S800 or the Toyota Corolla SR5 to receive 25,000 CR

#Forzathon Karaoke Night

*Remember to reboot before starting events, and reboot again if achievements or gifts don't pop up promptly.
**In Settings > HUD and Game Play, there is a setting called Notifications. MAKE SURE this is selected for ON

Maybe Max can add the edit above to help.
#2666 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 7:23:19 AM(UTC)

#Forzathon Sushi Roll

#Forzathon Wasabi Shrimp

#Forzathon Karaoke Night

Remember to reboot before starting events, and reboot again if achievements or gifts don't pop up promptly.

I have found the '94 Nissan Silvia K'S is one the easiest cars to achieve a Barrel Roll in the Timber Yard. Coming in from the North of the Map to the left high timber stack and just hit the left corner of the same stack. You should be able to get the car to roll easily. No faster than 120-130 KPH or you will over-rotate the car and fail the Barrel Roll. If I could figure out how to get the clip from Upload Studio, I would paste it here. Message me if you know how.

Shameless plug time. I have created a Tune that puts it up to a S1 class but it is nice handling as a 4wd rally car, not a great tune but it will get the job done. And I did a Paint for it as well. Just search my GT and "Barrel Roll" and download. Please. And Like. Please. Tune is a bit high @ 60k but just think about how much you could save but not buying this HE from the Auction House........

I decided to practice with the GTR HE Skills Edition...

https://forums.forzamoto...zathon.aspx#post_691091

Posted a clip on Flickr!.... you have a roughly 10 MPH window for the BR to pop....

3 users liked this post.
#2667 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 7:34:02 AM(UTC)

I just find it sad that frustration on your end, MUST mean that people at Turn10 'don't care'. Also Turn 10 is a developer, not a publisher, so expecting a 'representative' to answer your questions specifically is entitlement at its finest... talk to MS, report your issues in Support, send an email to the feedback address.

Personally it was something that T10 could have posted... and back in the day when there was community, Fred, Brian, John would have... but I guess we are past that point now, for whatever the reason, The atmosphere is certainly different.

We don't feel entitled - we just miss the way it was. I had no issues at all getting the Forzathon, but had no idea what the fix was for so many that couldn't so I just kept quiet, because I knew there was nothing that I could type that would help.

#2668 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 7:43:42 AM(UTC)
For "Sushi Roll" I have created a custom bucket list where I use the '66 Silvia to do the 15 rolls.
I'm using the Pony Express BL at the airport near the loading ramps. I'm using no rewind to make it more of a challenge.
It's great fun to practice there and I must have done at least 100 rolls by now :) I'm ready! Bring it!

EDiT: Why the '66 Silvia? Size. I found it makes rolling much much easier since it's quite small. I made an S2 902 tune so it has some punch. I tried the GTR HE but the huge wing made it a hassle.
Also you don't need to make a BL. You can of course do this event without. I made a custom one that counts rolls so it would be easier for me. Good luck :)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:56:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Let's see how you do in a crowd!"

ஜ۩۞-{Forza Lifetime Member}-۞۩ஜ
#2669 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 9:36:34 AM(UTC)
Is there any Forzathon events tomorrow, the 21st?
#2670 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 9:48:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Is there any Forzathon events tomorrow, the 21st?

Nah, next event is Friday.
 1 user liked this post.
#2671 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 6:13:20 PM(UTC)
Might as well be "complete 15 barrel rolls in a Silvia". After blowing the barrel rolls at the Timber Mill with the GT-R Black Series Horizon Edition, I tried doing the airport ramps with the 1992 Nissan Silvia Club K's from Forzathon, and that thing does barrel rolls without even trying. So if you are trying to get the Spec-R Silvia Horizon Edition from Forzathon, keep in the model line and use a Silvia.

Edited by user Monday, March 20, 2017 6:14:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2672 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:18:37 AM(UTC)
I'm excited. I've waited for the S15 HE long.

Wonder if it's going to become a multi-million car.
#2673 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:52:42 AM(UTC)
I haven't heared any skill songs for ages now. Could it be, that it has something to do with deactivating the radio moderator's voice in the settings?
#2674 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:23:51 AM(UTC)
^There a perk that launches a skill song. If you got the skillpoints to get it.

Might want to turn it on the Classical station for a 7min skill song ;)
#2675 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:42:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't heared any skill songs for ages now. Could it be, that it has something to do with deactivating the radio moderator's voice in the settings?

Quite possibly....
138 Pages<<105106107108109>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error