1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 2:03:24 PM(UTC)
Iam not one that always upset about things, but what happened with me was such a big fail that i need to post it here.

I lost my first race in the elite cup and get into the loser bracket. After that i won the second race and also the third with 2:0.

After the third race i go to the ESL website to enter the result. But i can't - there's a 1:1 registered in the result that is locked.
1:1? really? If you race three races you can't play a draw!!!!! Its not possible!!!! And why i can not write the result in there?

I reported the problem but i had only one screenshot. My opponent was a spanish guy that speaks even worse English than me and he confirmed the problem 10 minutes to late - but without any reaction from the admins after his message.

So... its not the problem that i am out of the tournament. The problem is that the tournament itself has a big problem that should not happen when you can win so much money and prizes.
Imagine something like that happens in a half final in the "A-Races"

I think i found the problem:
After the first race the players get split into Top 64 and the 64 losers.

The losers continue with 32 - 16 - 8 - 4 - 2 BUT...all the guys that wins the first race come into the loser bracket too if they lost a quarter or half final. So that means that there are not 64 loser but 126 at the end and that lets the tournament tree explode and and causes problems like mine.

That really should be solved for the future!

#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:01:10 PM(UTC)
You should email ESL and direct your concerns through them. When the situation first occurred, it would've been beneficial to file a ticket and get the issue resolved (hindsight is 20/20.)

I think the format worked well. I found myself in the losers bracket early on but charged through. This is the best possible way for the tournament to be run considering you do get a second chance if you're a low seed and you end up against Laige in round 1.
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:31:58 PM(UTC)
Similar happened to lots of players. ESL actually made a statement on Twitter about it.
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 8:59:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TUS ForceOne Go to Quoted Post
You should email ESL and direct your concerns through them. When the situation first occurred, it would've been beneficial to file a ticket and get the issue resolved (hindsight is 20/20.)

I think the format worked well. I found myself in the losers bracket early on but charged through. This is the best possible way for the tournament to be run considering you do get a second chance if you're a low seed and you end up against Laige in round 1.

I agree with you. I actually have always loved double elimination brackets since the days of StarCraft2.
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 9:05:28 PM(UTC)
I loved this weeks bracket races even if i did get up at 2am and loose both my matches. Cant wait for next week
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 2:02:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
Similar happened to lots of players. ESL actually made a statement on Twitter about it.

ah okay. can you send me a link to this tweet? i can't find it :D

#7 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 3:19:18 AM(UTC)
I´m with your Focusatze.

I´m not as good as you but I´m a fan of fairness and if you win 2 races it just can´t be 1:1.

And yap ESL has to fix thatg asap and of course give you another chance.

Best luck.
Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
#8 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 4:48:17 AM(UTC)
Not to mention that a few drivers decided to submit 2-0 victories before their match was even run... Didn't happen to me fortunately and the issue was resolved before the end of the 1v1s, but still, shouldn't happen at all.

First week will always be a bit hectic since it's a new format/event, but this week should be smoother. Will also help if the French drivers don't have console updates all at once. Not their fault but it took well over an hour to do 2 of my matches.

Also this week's car/track Rivals event won't suck eggs.

Notification

Icon
Error