2 Pages12Next
Rank: Racing Permit
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 1:09:18 PM(UTC)
How do we find out if we are in the top 50% of Registered on ESL? To get the season pass dlc.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 1:47:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AFDRuddy Go to Quoted Post
How do we find out if we are in the top 50% of Registered on ESL? To get the season pass dlc.


For my understanding ...

Top 50% is top 50%!
There is only one top 50%.
Not, registered and not registered.

You need to be in the first 50% of your devision.
Check the players total inside the leaderboard and the first half it is.

But only those who registered @ESL will receive the DLC prize


http://forums.forzamotor...s--schedule--prizes.aspx

http://play.eslgaming.co...ason-1-elite-cup-1/rules
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*


Rank: Racing Permit
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:31:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AFDRuddy Go to Quoted Post
How do we find out if we are in the top 50% of Registered on ESL? To get the season pass dlc.


For my understanding ...

Top 50% is top 50%!
There is only one top 50%.
Not, registered and not registered.

You need to be in the first 50% of your devision.
Check the players total inside the leaderboard and the first half it is.

But only those who registered @ESL will receive the DLC prize


http://forums.forzamotor...s--schedule--prizes.aspx

http://play.eslgaming.co...ason-1-elite-cup-1/rules


Thanks man.
Rank: Racing Permit
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 12:19:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AFDRuddy Go to Quoted Post
How do we find out if we are in the top 50% of Registered on ESL? To get the season pass dlc.
You can't. Only if you are number 1 can I guarantee you are in the top 50% ;)

Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post
For my understanding ...

Top 50% is top 50%!
There is only one top 50%.
Not, registered and not registered.
That is not my understanding of the rules: http://play.eslgaming.co...mpionship-season-1-open/
•The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will be awarded the weekly prize via the email address associated with their ESL account.

I just finished 84th out of 2123 racers (top 10%), so I am hoping there were at least 168 registered players in Grassroots, then I should get the DLC. However we won't find out until after the competition.

Edited by user Sunday, August 14, 2016 12:30:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 12:40:43 AM(UTC)
It should be the top 50% of each class, since different classes award different amounts of points and would be unfair for those on Pinnacle (much easier to get points in Elite for example).
If the game shows you are on the top 50% and you are registered with ESL, you should get the prize.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 12:40:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HolyHa1fDead Go to Quoted Post
[
•The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will be awarded the weekly prize via the email address associated with their ESL account.


That's the shortend version from here:

http://play.eslgaming.co...mpionship-season-1-open/


Inside the full rules they say ...

'The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize. Only qualified players who have registered for ESL and have registered for the ForzaRC Open are eligible to receive a prize.'

http://play.eslgaming.co...ason-1-elite-cup-1/rules


ManteoMax says in his FAQ

'If you are in the top 50% of your Division's leaderboard then you will earn the DLC prize of that week, sent to the email address in your ESL account profile. You can win each of the three weekly League DLC prizes. If you do not end up in the top 50% you will still earn that week's unicorn car and livery just for participating.'

http://forums.forzamotor...C-events.aspx#post537101






Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*


Rank: Racing Permit
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 2:55:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post
If the game shows you are on the top 50% and you are registered with ESL, you should get the prize.

I don't agree. I will try and explain why with a couple of examples.

Say there are 10 players that took part in the league, and four are registered with ESL and these are their final positions:

1. Registered
2. Registered
3. Registered
4. Registered
5. Not Registered
6. Not Registered
7. Not Registered
8. Not Registered
9. Not Registered
10. Not Registered

You are saying that 100% of registered ESL Open Series players will get the DLC because they finished in the top 50%, whereas I am saying that only players 1 and 2 will get the DLC because they are in the top 50% of ESL players, as per the official rules - The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize.

And if these were their final positions:

1. Not Registered
2. Not Registered
3. Not Registered
4. Registered
5. Not Registered
6. Not Registered
7. Registered
8. Not Registered
9. Registered
10. Registered

You are saying that only player 4 will get the DLC, whereas I am saying players 4 and 7 will get the DLC.

Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post
That's the shortend version from here:

http://play.eslgaming.co...mpionship-season-1-open/


Inside the full rules they say ...

'The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize. Only qualified players who have registered for ESL and have registered for the ForzaRC Open are eligible to receive a prize.'

http://play.eslgaming.co...ason-1-elite-cup-1/rules


ManteoMax says in his FAQ

'If you are in the top 50% of your Division's leaderboard then you will earn the DLC prize of that week, sent to the email address in your ESL account profile. You can win each of the three weekly League DLC prizes. If you do not end up in the top 50% you will still earn that week's unicorn car and livery just for participating.'

http://forums.forzamotor...C-events.aspx#post537101
Not sure what your point is, other than the two official sources say the same thing, and an unofficial source says something different. ManteoMax has corrected his FAQ since you posted that response.

Edited by user Sunday, August 14, 2016 3:25:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 8:29:29 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the info guys.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 10:39:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HolyHa1fDead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post
If the game shows you are on the top 50% and you are registered with ESL, you should get the prize.

I don't agree. I will try and explain why with a couple of examples.

Say there are 10 players that took part in the league, and four are registered with ESL and these are their final positions:

1. Registered
2. Registered
3. Registered
4. Registered
5. Not Registered
6. Not Registered
7. Not Registered
8. Not Registered
9. Not Registered
10. Not Registered

You are saying that 100% of registered ESL Open Series players will get the DLC because they finished in the top 50%, whereas I am saying that only players 1 and 2 will get the DLC because they are in the top 50% of ESL players, as per the official rules - The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize.

And if these were their final positions:

1. Not Registered
2. Not Registered
3. Not Registered
4. Registered
5. Not Registered
6. Not Registered
7. Registered
8. Not Registered
9. Registered
10. Registered

You are saying that only player 4 will get the DLC, whereas I am saying players 4 and 7 will get the DLC.

Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post
That's the shortend version from here:

http://play.eslgaming.co...mpionship-season-1-open/


Inside the full rules they say ...

'The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize. Only qualified players who have registered for ESL and have registered for the ForzaRC Open are eligible to receive a prize.'

http://play.eslgaming.co...ason-1-elite-cup-1/rules


ManteoMax says in his FAQ

'If you are in the top 50% of your Division's leaderboard then you will earn the DLC prize of that week, sent to the email address in your ESL account profile. You can win each of the three weekly League DLC prizes. If you do not end up in the top 50% you will still earn that week's unicorn car and livery just for participating.'

http://forums.forzamotor...C-events.aspx#post537101
Not sure what your point is, other than the two official sources say the same thing, and an unofficial source says something different. ManteoMax has corrected his FAQ since you posted that response.

Except there's about 5000 registered players and 5 divisions. Do you think they will go for what the game says, or will they check one by one if player X is on division Y and then figure out which players are eligible?
And how would we, the players, be able to confirm that we were put in the right place?
Rank: Racing Permit
#10 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 2:59:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post
Except there's about 5000 registered players and 5 divisions. Do you think they will go for what the game says, or will they check one by one if player X is on division Y and then figure out which players are eligible?
And how would we, the players, be able to confirm that we were put in the right place?
Currently 7287 registered players (some of which may not have raced). There were 2123 players in Grassroots at the end, but I don't know how many of them were registered.

They will figure out which players are eligible. It is very easy to do - Turn 10 will provide ESL with the final standings of all the divisions. ESL will delete all the non-registered people from those lists, then determine from those that are left who is in the top 50% of registered players of each division.

You can confirm your position by making a list of the 7287 registered players. Next make a list of all the players on the leaderboard of your division. Delete all the non-registered players from the leaderboard. Then see if you are in the first half of the list. Keep a copy and then if you don't get the DLC you can prove to them that they didn't put you in the right place. Personally I think you just leave it up to them to get it right, I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Edited by user Monday, August 15, 2016 3:12:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 11:58:21 AM(UTC)
Wait, so I must be in the top 50% of registered players instead of just 50% of the leaderboard? If so I just wasted a week playing something I don't even like.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 12:24:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GatoSilvestre15 Go to Quoted Post
Wait, so I must be in the top 50% of registered players instead of just 50% of the leaderboard? If so I just wasted a week playing something I don't even like.


I hope that's not the case, because if so, I've also wasted a week playing online. Online which I would never normally touch with a ten foot pole..
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 12:38:44 PM(UTC)
I just wanted to save a few bucks for the DLC, looks like I'll have to buy it next neek. At least the Fords are there, I love those cars.
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 3:15:05 PM(UTC)
It would be nice if there was a way to see where you stand during the event. Just saying more info would be nice.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 3:33:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AFDRuddy Go to Quoted Post
It would be nice if there was a way to see where you stand during the event. Just saying more info would be nice.


^^ what he said.

I'm patient enough to wait for whatever prize or reward I may have earned to arrive, but trying to find out actual, clear information between the Forza dashboard and the ESL website is extremely baffling

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:59:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post
That's the shortend version from here:

http://play.eslgaming.co...mpionship-season-1-open/


Inside the full rules they say ...

'The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize. Only qualified players who have registered for ESL and have registered for the ForzaRC Open are eligible to receive a prize.'

http://play.eslgaming.co...ason-1-elite-cup-1/rules


ManteoMax says in his FAQ

'If you are in the top 50% of your Division's leaderboard then you will earn the DLC prize of that week, sent to the email address in your ESL account profile. You can win each of the three weekly League DLC prizes. If you do not end up in the top 50% you will still earn that week's unicorn car and livery just for participating.'

http://forums.forzamotor...C-events.aspx#post537101


Originally Posted by: HolyHa1fDead Go to Quoted Post


Not sure what your point is, other than the two official sources say the same thing, and an unofficial source says something different. ManteoMax has corrected his FAQ since you posted that response.


My point ? ... my point is that I still don't understand what can't be misunderstood in only TWO sentences.

You still refer to the shortend version, which is wrong, because the full version inside the rules says a totally different thing.




'The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize. Only qualified players who have registered for ESL and have registered for the ForzaRC Open are eligible to receive a prize.'



But please tell me, where (?) in this two sentences you read, that only the first 50% of registered ESL players will receive the prize. I don't get it. Sorry.


Anyway ... I couldn't care less, since I already own every DLC and just wanted to help the people asking, to understand everything right, before they end up not receiving the DLCs.

But I will post a step by step manual later ... before we make it to a second page in this thread ...

Edited by user Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:01:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: tipo

Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*


Rank: Driver's Permit
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:11:57 PM(UTC)
I was in top 5% in week 1 my place was 101 and i want to know if i am going to recive the dlc and when
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:09:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LHmotion Go to Quoted Post
I was in top 5% in week 1 my place was 101 and i want to know if i am going to recive the dlc and when


As long as you're registered on the Open series, then you will receive the DLC in the e-mail account you provided. This may take up to 90 days. That is the disclaimer provided by ESL, it will probably be done sooner but you will have to be patient and give them time.

Rank: Racing Permit
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:33:04 AM(UTC)
I raised a query with ESL, they said the emails are sent out from Microsoft, not themselves, but he had no idea on timescale.

I've recieved the two unicorn reward cars on my Forza dashboard however.
Rank: Driver's License
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:19:25 AM(UTC)
So Question; If I had registered on the ESL site but not signed up. Then took part in the open league and came in the top 50% of registered players would I be eligible for a prize or DLC car for participation?
I once read a book on Black Holes. But on reflection it wasn't very enlightening and I couldn't see the relevance of it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:58:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Customrider004 Go to Quoted Post
So Question; If I had registered on the ESL site but not signed up. Then took part in the open league and came in the top 50% of registered players would I be eligible for a prize or DLC car for participation?


You will not be eligible for a prize. I'm not sure if you would be eligible for the participation car. Simplest thing to do is sign up then you will know for sure that you will get the participation car and can even win a prize. The sign up process is pretty simple and quick to do.
Rank: Racing Permit
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:58:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Customrider004 Go to Quoted Post
So Question; If I had registered on the ESL site but not signed up. Then took part in the open league and came in the top 50% of registered players would I be eligible for a prize or DLC car for participation?


I believe you must sign in for each individual cup to receive prizes, simply being registered on the site isn't enough. The open series isn't split like the elite series is though, so people who sign up in the last week of competition are signing in to the same series as those who signed in during the first week. That may mean that results are gathered after the series closes completely and then whoever is signed in and had results posted each week (which you would have) gets the rewards.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:59:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 6:59:26 AM(UTC)
Thanks,Will Driver C & violentsatsuma.
I've registered and signed for all 3 Elite Cups and the open league. I have already received to 2 cars for week1 and hopefully will receive the DLC code soon. But as there is no way of checking the final standings to see if I had made the 50% cut only time will tell as the prize rules state in can take up to 90 days for prizes to be delivered following the Season 1 final.
I'm not expecting to get more than the car liveries for the Elite Cups and already own the Porsche and NASCAR packs. So may give the codes to my nephews if I make the cut and it can be done. Because the rules state that no alternative can be taken than the prize offered.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:01:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I once read a book on Black Holes. But on reflection it wasn't very enlightening and I couldn't see the relevance of it.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:11:34 AM(UTC)
I don't understand why so many are confused by the "Top 50%"

When in the league lobby, look at the leader board, it tells you at the top what percentile you are in. It doesn't matter how many people above (or below) you on the leader board are registered. If you're in the top 50%, you're in the top 50%.
The ability to speak, does not make you intelligent.
- Qui-Gon Jinn
Rank: Driver's License
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:54:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERTStigsCousin Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand why so many are confused by the "Top 50%"

When in the league lobby, look at the leader board, it tells you at the top what percentile you are in. It doesn't matter how many people above (or below) you on the leader board are registered. If you're in the top 50%, you're in the top 50%.


It matters to those who are outside the 50% on the leader board but may be within the top 50% of registered players. Because the rules state to obtain a prize (I take it the participation liveries are prizes) you must be in the top 50% and registered to qualify. So people are trying to work out if those that are NOT registered will be disregarded.

Quote from the rules says its the TOP 50% of REGISTERED players.
The top 50% of registered ESL Open Series players in each League will qualify for a weekly prize. Only qualified players who have registered for ESL and have registered for the ForzaRC Open are eligible to receive a prize.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:05:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I once read a book on Black Holes. But on reflection it wasn't very enlightening and I couldn't see the relevance of it.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error