This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:27:45 AM(UTC)
Has there been any confirmation on whether or not the Car Collector bonus from FM6 will be carried over to Horizon 3? I would assume it would be but haven't seen or heard anything official on the subject.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:35:47 AM(UTC)
It appears not this time around. If they were doing that it would have been listed in the Loyalty Rewards article published yesterday.
User is suspended until 7/15/2291 8:28:15 AM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:40:11 AM(UTC)
Do you think we'll get five million per game with 300 cars like before?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, July 10, 2016 10:45:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 10:13:02 AM(UTC)
I would guess not. For FM6 they announced the car collector bonus with the loyalty rewards during E3, but they haven't mentioned anything yet for FH3. http://forzamotorsport.n...news/fm6_loyalty_rewards
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 4:00:13 PM(UTC)
The link you posted is for FM6 mate
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 11:06:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Male Tiger Go to Quoted Post
The link you posted is for FM6 mate

That's the point. To show the difference between the two, when it comes to rewards. FM6 said you would get money for having x amount of cars. FH3 doesn't :)
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:25:52 PM(UTC)
Hi fellow car freaks,

I have been away from my xbox for about 2 months now, as I've been really busy. Now that I'm starting to get back into the scene, I saw the loyalty rewards for FH3. Apparently T10 has abandoned the Car Collector rewards/bonus that gave players 5 million credits for every game in which they had over 300 cars in their garage. What does everyone else think of this? I personally think this is pretty dumb, as there are people like me who prefer the Horizon games to the Motorsports games, and as a consequence our rewords tier isn't as high as those who play all of the FM and FH games.

I am curious to see what others think of the Car Collector bonus' absence in the Horizon 3 loyalty rewards article.
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:04:20 PM(UTC)
It's already quite to make money in every Forza game. Starting off with millions of credits really isn't necessary.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:11:21 PM(UTC)
I think it's great that no cash reward is there. I believe I started FM6 with 5 mill bonus, that was already ridiculously easy. And there were people who even started with 25 mill...

Now with tier 9 and FH3 ultimate edition preorder I will already have IIRC 26 cars in my garage before I have even started the game. Not to mention that I get extra cash bonus on these silly wheel spins. Easy mode anyone?

Just to make things more interesting and to appreciate the cars I start with I think I will hold off to buying ANY car with in-game credits. That way the wheelspin rewards feel more like a reward as well instead of just a duplicate car you sell anyway.

IMO either racing games use no credit system whatsoever (Project CARS, Assetto Corsa) or they use a credit system with a healthy economy and a minor feeling of grind (GT5/GT6). But FM6's ecomony is one big joke. People starting with 5-25 mill credits, near 30 cars in their garage and winning the Veyron or Lotus F1 cars on that wheelspin at level 3 or something. I mean common, why even have credits and an economy in the first place?

Adding repair costs like in GT5/GT6 would aid in fixing the broken Forza economy as well.

I honestly feel like T10 treats us like spoiled children. An abundance of cash, a few dozens of cars as a loyalty reward + preorder DLC, silly assists like that dumb rewind button, etc etc. It feels as if they constantly want to hold our hands when we play and and the slightest feeling of hesitation or doubt, they are there to jump in and help. Well guess what, I don't want to be helped!

I don't want a silly rewind button! If I screw up I want to start over, that way I learn not to screw up in the first place.
I don't want easy mode controllers with zero oversteer to be the best device to play the game, fix the wheel ffb code already so we can play properly with a wheel as well if we want the (realistic) challenge.
I don't want easy mode chase cam to be the most viable camera view in the game, either give a bonus for using internal cameras or a penalty for using external cameras.
I don't want ABS/TCS/STM/man-auto-clutch to be silly assists which you can turn on and off to your liking. I want these settings to be REALISTIC, to be whatever they are in reality for that car. Too hard to control that Can-Am race car without these so called assists? To bad! Race another car or lower drivatar difficulty.
I don't want HUD aids all over the screen without being penalised for it. Give a bonus for turning the HUD off and make people learn to use the dashboard instruments!

This Forza franchise could be so much more if Turn 10 would finally stop holding our hands....

IMO lock ALL preorder/loyalty/ultimate edition cars behind player career progression. Let us start the story at the first barn find! A LITTLE bit of pocket money and an old rusty 50-2106 FX Ute in that barn. Let us race it, earn a bit of cash, let us repair that car, let us tune it, let us APPRECIATE it, let us slowly but with progress work our way up towards the more powerful cars. That would be a lot more fun than handing 26 cars to me on a silver platter...

When I see another player drive around in a Koeniggsegg One:1, or heck even in a Ferrari 488 GTB I want to go "WHOA! That's the first time I see that car in game!" instead of just "yeah yeah, I have them both in my garage since september 23rd as well...".

Edited by user Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:33:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:47:53 PM(UTC)
Sometimes I think they're experimenting with us with things like the car collector bonus. Being able to ask a question like "if you had enough credits to buy all the cars, how many would you actually buy?" - helps them with planning future games. Maybe huge garage counts isn't as important as you might think.

I've got 243 cars in FM6 and about a 132 mil in cash, so I could buy all the cars if I wanted to, but I don't actually drive any more than about 10% of them so I'm not really motivated to buy any more. Besides, it's nice just to have a huge bank balance. Ha ha.

You could expect that reliable info like this would be very useful to them.

#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:19:39 PM(UTC)
BREYZIPP I agree having played every forza its getting far too easy FAR TOO MANY GIVE AWAYS!! (rewind gameplay included). I used to kill out GRAN TURISMO but liked forza for customisation reasons so switched and rewind whats that iremember 24 hour races trying not to ruin a car now its oh well just rewind cos my wheel went near the grass. mind you it might have saved a few peoples controllers in the past!!
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:22:57 PM(UTC)
as for racing wrecks and appreciate repairing them i applaud you for that i was thinking SPOT ON!!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:29:30 PM(UTC)
MONEY SHOULD BE HARDER TO EARN bring back scraping together what you had and others doing the same instead of every car you race being maxed out 1000hp gold painted lambo's were not all
shiekhs
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:27:00 PM(UTC)
the oddity here to me is they did it with forza 6 even with bonuses galore and mods, but not with the return of the auction house. I know there was more cars in 6, but the amount of credits you can spend in AH is endless.
But ya you can make a tom of credits in 3 I'm sure.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:30:04 AM(UTC)
Credits in FM6 are ridiculously easy to earn and if you think that win spins are ridiculous in the amounts you can win with them now then don't reach 1000xp because the max win spin reaches 10mil and you hit it almost every single spin. In no time at all you reach 999,999,999 and that is it no more credits can be earned from that point on, not for racing, tuning, race paints or vinyl's it's at this point I recommend you do purchase every car in the game
Be warned though you will very quickly attain the 600 garage limit and be left with many cars un-bought as there is no longer any room at the inn for your purchases if your just a racer and not a collector that's fine but for the collectors it's a pain in the royal rump. I always purchase every car in the game if I can even if it's just to see if I can do the impossible and make a competitive tune for any car in the game and what's wrong with that, if all we did was tune and race only the cars that appear atop the track time charts then Forza would be a very boring place to be wouldn't it.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:32:15 PM(UTC)
This thread is funny. Kind of explains how hard it must be for T10/PG to make a game.

Credits are pretty easy to come by now. I can't say I'd hate starting off with a seven- or eight-figure bank account, but I know it wouldn't take me too long to reach those numbers just by playing anyway.

If anyone remembers, the economy wasn't always this simple.

Even FM5, the payouts were rather low, and the car costs were a little high. A LOT of people complained. I can't say I agreed with them, but that's all in the past. The most expensive payment currently in FM6 is 2,000,000 CR. FM5, the 250 GTO and Lotus E21 were initially 6,000,000 CR each, with other expensive cars like the 250 TR and Shelby Daytona Coupe not far behind, and people were getting a flat ~17,000 CR per level-up, doubled if you had VIP. It didn't scale to a degree like FM4's did. Many people weren't happy with the fact that they couldn't just get what they wanted easily. Lo and behold, the January 2014 (?) update to the game brought down car prices and brought up level-up payouts. I believe around that time as well was when the "one time free DLC car" bonus started.

FH2's pricing wasn't the same really. I remember spending at least 5,000,000 CR on the 250 GTO, probably around 20 million total for all the real expensive (2,000,000 CR+) cars. I still made do. Save for the Team Forza and FnF pack #2 cars, I got one of every car in that game and duplicates of most of them. Course, I probably have around 200 hours in that game invested, the average player probably only devotes around a fifth of that in time with every game, save for massive games that practically require you spending over that to fully finish it, like Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3.

FM6 had an update to it's payouts. The old style: 1,000,000 CR in the middle with each wheelspin practically mocking you, and often enough you'd race for an hour or two to level up and only see 25,000 CR as your reward. For someone like me who is a collector, and with college classes just starting, I can't say I enjoyed spending my two hours I could budget playing and only getting maybe 175,000 CR total, with several of those Ferrari's being over a million credits. I had different motivation though; I wanted all the cars as soon as possible so I could take them all out on the 'Ring and record their laptimes. With FH2, my god. Being level 350ish, taking that long time to level up, and only get 3,300 CR for it? What a kick to your south-of-the-border bits. A good chunk of threads on the FH2 forums pertain to asking for that payout being removed :)

FM3's 250 GTO was 20,000,000 CR. THAT was a grind to get. I don't even have that car in that game to be honest.

So why is it hard for them to make a game? If the prices were drastically brought up, it would be FM5's launch all over again. People who are only able to play for an hour or so a day wouldn't find it very fun to need to spend entire days playing this game to get a car they want. The prices being the same if not lowered? Here we are.

If history is to be repeated with FM5's vs. FH2's pricing, FH3 will have cars costing well over 2,000,000 CR, but I suppose that comes with the territory of only buying around half as many cars as the immediate preceding Forza.

I have some faith in the AH, where if it can be used to get expensive cars cheap like in FM3 and FM4, that could end up being a solution for both the "I want all cars and want them free" crowd, and the "I want to devote the rest of my life to buying a Focus ST" crowd. Credits could be a but harder to come by for the one, and the expensive things could be significantly cheaper for the other.

Where do I personally reside? I do agree with camp "A 250 GTO should be hard to get, there's only 39 of them ever made, you shouldn't have one in an hour", but I'm also in camp "I have school, I have work, I have personal life, I don't want to spend a month playing this game to get a Gallardo". I hope the AH takes care of this.

So what happened to them? They're gone, at least for this game. FM6 might have given you up to 25 million because there's over 600 cars to buy in that game now. There's a little more than half that now, perhaps closer to 2/3rds. Less things to buy, less reason for giving you buckets of money.
One of "The 50"
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:04:36 AM(UTC)
ya but 5 had a small number of cars compared (to start) and the achievement list for the most part is a massive grind. Everything is smaller to gain and huge numbers to actually do. make people constantly play. 6 was almost like a I'm sorry money, bonus, ect wise.

I honestly want a happy medium. It will be pretty sad after a few day to have 100 cars and money overload with such a massive map and hopefully stuff to do. They need to keep the unlock and motivation going.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:51:17 AM(UTC)
Will we receive credit rewards when we start playing FH3 like we did in FM6 or will i just be car rewards?
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:55:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Saw xZinq Go to Quoted Post
Will we receive credit rewards when we start playing FH3 like we did in FM6 or will i just be car rewards?

Just car rewards as far as I know
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:58:01 AM(UTC)
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:01:29 AM(UTC)
Hey Everyone,

I saw the article about the types of cars we will be rewarded in FH3, but in the past we have been notified with what kind of other rewards we will be getting based on the amount of cars we have in previous Forzas, of course our tier level, and other factors such as VIP.

I haven't seen anything out there regarding money. I've done so much in Forza that I started out Forza 6 with a couple Million already in my bank. Is anyone seeing this info?

Thanks and I can't wait!
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:23:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
I think it's great that no cash reward is there. I believe I started FM6 with 5 mill bonus, that was already ridiculously easy. And there were people who even started with 25 mill...

Now with tier 9 and FH3 ultimate edition preorder I will already have IIRC 26 cars in my garage before I have even started the game. Not to mention that I get extra cash bonus on these silly wheel spins. Easy mode anyone?

Just to make things more interesting and to appreciate the cars I start with I think I will hold off to buying ANY car with in-game credits. That way the wheelspin rewards feel more like a reward as well instead of just a duplicate car you sell anyway.

IMO either racing games use no credit system whatsoever (Project CARS, Assetto Corsa) or they use a credit system with a healthy economy and a minor feeling of grind (GT5/GT6). But FM6's ecomony is one big joke. People starting with 5-25 mill credits, near 30 cars in their garage and winning the Veyron or Lotus F1 cars on that wheelspin at level 3 or something. I mean common, why even have credits and an economy in the first place?

Adding repair costs like in GT5/GT6 would aid in fixing the broken Forza economy as well.

I honestly feel like T10 treats us like spoiled children. An abundance of cash, a few dozens of cars as a loyalty reward + preorder DLC, silly assists like that dumb rewind button, etc etc. It feels as if they constantly want to hold our hands when we play and and the slightest feeling of hesitation or doubt, they are there to jump in and help. Well guess what, I don't want to be helped!

I don't want a silly rewind button! If I screw up I want to start over, that way I learn not to screw up in the first place.
I don't want easy mode controllers with zero oversteer to be the best device to play the game, fix the wheel ffb code already so we can play properly with a wheel as well if we want the (realistic) challenge.
I don't want easy mode chase cam to be the most viable camera view in the game, either give a bonus for using internal cameras or a penalty for using external cameras.
I don't want ABS/TCS/STM/man-auto-clutch to be silly assists which you can turn on and off to your liking. I want these settings to be REALISTIC, to be whatever they are in reality for that car. Too hard to control that Can-Am race car without these so called assists? To bad! Race another car or lower drivatar difficulty.
I don't want HUD aids all over the screen without being penalised for it. Give a bonus for turning the HUD off and make people learn to use the dashboard instruments!

This Forza franchise could be so much more if Turn 10 would finally stop holding our hands....

IMO lock ALL preorder/loyalty/ultimate edition cars behind player career progression. Let us start the story at the first barn find! A LITTLE bit of pocket money and an old rusty 50-2106 FX Ute in that barn. Let us race it, earn a bit of cash, let us repair that car, let us tune it, let us APPRECIATE it, let us slowly but with progress work our way up towards the more powerful cars. That would be a lot more fun than handing 26 cars to me on a silver platter...

When I see another player drive around in a Koeniggsegg One:1, or heck even in a Ferrari 488 GTB I want to go "WHOA! That's the first time I see that car in game!" instead of just "yeah yeah, I have them both in my garage since september 23rd as well...".
But it is not all about you is it?

1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:35:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: elemeKNOW Go to Quoted Post
Hey Everyone,

I saw the article about the types of cars we will be rewarded in FH3, but in the past we have been notified with what kind of other rewards we will be getting based on the amount of cars we have in previous Forzas, of course our tier level, and other factors such as VIP.

I haven't seen anything out there regarding money. I've done so much in Forza that I started out Forza 6 with a couple Million already in my bank. Is anyone seeing this info?

Thanks and I can't wait!
There is NO Reward based on car count in previous games this time.

#24 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:56:47 AM(UTC)
i was wandering will you be giving money out to players like forza motorsport 6 did?
#25 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 7:09:35 AM(UTC)
No. This has been answered before. The only rewards we get are cars. It's in the news section, see loyalty rewards.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error