4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 9:15:21 AM(UTC)
3 lap races again.

It's official, T10 want their own event to suck.
#52 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 3:28:05 PM(UTC)
In the league races, I've seen some 4 - 5 lap races on decent size tracks. Some are 3 though... which is miserable.
#53 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 4:19:50 PM(UTC)
Everyone and its dog is waiting for the ford gt lm. If we don't get double laps and 1 quickstop it will be just as kaotic if not worse than the others. I'm predicting at least 2000 on the lb in pinncle

Edited by user Monday, August 15, 2016 4:21:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:43:22 PM(UTC)
For the love of God, please remove the 2 laps of the Ring!
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:40:40 AM(UTC)
Track rotation, lap count, quickstops and ghosts....Have t10 learnt anything from the forum or past leagues.

What really annoys me is I and others will be looked upon as the typical complaining entitled forza player. But all we are doing is pointing out the obvious errors. We can't all be wrong and I'm sure I'm not the only 1 that thinks this subjet is worthy a response.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:46:19 AM(UTC)
Well I can't believe that I actually RAGE QUIT. The Lamborghini season was great and I was expecting the same from the FordRC but NOOOOO.
After the S1W1 I thought ok not bad. Get into S1W2 and I get side swiped, rammed and spun off nearly every race. It got to the point where, with the rolling start I couldn't get past the starting grid without running into someone else who had been deliberately spun out by another racer or getting smashed off the track myself.
So I would like to know how players qualify for the division they are in and being an open league does that mean a pro could be racing with the greenhorns as I noticed that even though it says I am in the Pro Division there were players of level 50 and below in the same Lobby.
No wonder then this league is a complete debacle. If you're going to have complete novices racing with top players (not that I'm one).
S1W2 has ended up being a complete and utter disaster.

I would also like to say that the game chat is totally broken as well....one minute you're talking to someone next minute you can see their chat icon but can't hear them or half of the other people that are on game chat for that matter.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:40:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I once read a book on Black Holes. But on reflection it wasn't very enlightening and I couldn't see the relevance of it.
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:37:28 AM(UTC)
I am not sure how the elevation to higher leagues works to be honest I know its a the trueskill factor???? what ever that is but I have raced in Elite with a guy as low as level 8. How does that work? I raced my chuffing socks of for months going through the divisions and got to level 300 ish before I got to Elite, and even now I think I should be in Pro division where I was competitive. I'm not saying he shouldn't be there, but how did he do it ?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:39:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:09:08 AM(UTC)
I'm curious as well, to figure out how this progression works...
I've heard a lot of players state that it took them months to work their way to The Elite Division alone.
I started last week in Grassroots (my first league participation in FM6) This week - I've been slotted in the Elite division. I tried to justify it by telling Myself I'm a pretty decent player. lol But - it just seems a bit unfair. maybe. Granted - Grassroots was a breeze. I felt like I had an unfair advantage through experience. But - I still expected to have to work through each division accordingly. Seems only fair to progress respectively.
I do feel like I'm on a more level playing-ground in Elite, but it seems like only the top 5-6 players in each lobby - actually deserve to be there.
I've been "racing" since the original GranTurismo - and have consistently played through all Forza titles. And I do try My absolute best to be clean. So - I don't like the idea of being lumped-in with players who don't belong in higher divisions, or haven't earned it. But - I would really like to know how they determine Your placement.
Anyway...I hope the rest of the week goes better for everybody!
Metal -_-

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 9:10:11 AM(UTC)
TrueSkill works by scoring you based on who you beat and are beaten by in each race. There's a separate TrueSkill score for leagues and hoppers but your initial league placement is based on your hopper performance. Driver level is just how long you've played. There's no correlation between them.

I've played on a couple of fresh profiles and it doesn't take more than a handful of races for me to get promoted to Pinnacle, certainly while still having single-digit driver levels. Hell I ran as a lvl 0 in Pinnacle at one point because my main profile got corrupted and I had to start over, which zeroed my driver level but didn't affect my TrueSkill score.

Driver level doesn't tell you much at all about anything. There are slow players with levels upwards of a thousand and fast players in single digits.
#60 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 10:59:46 AM(UTC)
Well, the roling start really made things a little complicated, but better this way as 20 stalling cars. And the Formula Ford car isn't the easiest car to drive and gets tangled up quite easy due to the open wheels. I race in the professional division. The best way is to just use the first race for a quick clean lap and from then on you should be in front on the next race. Then just pray yourself through the first corner...worked quite well yesterday. But in the middle of the pack it is horryfying.
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 12:15:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
TrueSkill works by scoring you based on who you beat and are beaten by in each race. There's a separate TrueSkill score for leagues and hoppers but your initial league placement is based on your hopper performance. Driver level is just how long you've played. There's no correlation between them.

I've played on a couple of fresh profiles and it doesn't take more than a handful of races for me to get promoted to Pinnacle, certainly while still having single-digit driver levels. Hell I ran as a lvl 0 in Pinnacle at one point because my main profile got corrupted and I had to start over, which zeroed my driver level but didn't affect my TrueSkill score.

Driver level doesn't tell you much at all about anything. There are slow players with levels upwards of a thousand and fast players in single digits.

Thanks for shedding some light on this , I definitely fall to the highish level slow racers 😁.
#62 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:34:55 AM(UTC)
Hi everybody,

I'm really sorry to interupt but I am just having some troubles with connection to the Forza RC leagues. I know this is probably not the best place to ask for help but I've just been served an auto-reply message from Turn10 after I contacted them through email, all of the support communities seem to be fairly desolate and honestly, I have little idea of what I am doing. I've signed up at the ESL and all that but I just get an error message "Failed to join game server" whenever I try to join. I have a decent internet connection and I can play standard multiplayer fine so I doubt that is the issue. If anyone here knows of any solutions or can at least point me in the right direction as I'm fairly new to the Forza online community, that would be much appreciated.
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 6:22:09 AM(UTC)
Seriously those leagues have only gotten worse than the first one.
The rolling starts gives me a disadvantage as i am much faster from a standing start because i use manual with clutch and people sometimes just dont drive off which means everyone crashes behind him.
Then there are the crashers which havent been punished at all i thought there were marshals.
I haven't had a single race that i finished in first although i am a pretty good driver mostly because of crashers which brings me to the next point starting positions i don't know what it is based on but I've nearly had no races that i started on the first row and starting positions do really matter as every race i started in the middle i got sandwiched from left right behind and in front of me
And then there is the ghosting of cars which is still to slow it's like two seconds before something actually happens.
I definitely don't like this league and hope the next is better.
#64 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 7:43:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WoolenRacer Go to Quoted Post
Seriously those leagues have only gotten worse than the first one.
The rolling starts gives me a disadvantage as i am much faster from a standing start because i use manual with clutch and people sometimes just dont drive off which means everyone crashes behind him.
Then there are the crashers which havent been punished at all i thought there were marshals.
I haven't had a single race that i finished in first although i am a pretty good driver mostly because of crashers which brings me to the next point starting positions i don't know what it is based on but I've nearly had no races that i started on the first row and starting positions do really matter as every race i started in the middle i got sandwiched from left right behind and in front of me
And then there is the ghosting of cars which is still to slow it's like two seconds before something actually happens.
I definitely don't like this league and hope the next is better.

The start is based on lap times with clean laps up frony If you find yourself in the back of a pack it's often best to sit back and try to put a clean lap down. You'll end up starting top five next race. The races are so short that it don't always work and it's hard if people are drafting.
#65 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 10:32:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HipHopHead80 Go to Quoted Post

Heh. Just did a race in the Formula Fords with it.....and I forgot to pit. I ran out of fuel near the end and dropped a full 10 spots. I was in third! So used to Cosmetic Damage I forgot fuel was a factor. Oh well.

DON'T FORGET TO PIT, PEOPLE!

One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 10:25:35 AM(UTC)
Week 3, GT LM this time...............and I am done with the whole thing. Racing they say?? Racing???? Demolition derby more like!!

I don't know if I just got in a couple of bad lobbies, or if it's first night excitement, but I have never, ever seen driving standards as bad as this tonight. I've been taken out deliberately so many times in just 4 or 5 races, it's not even worthwhile trying to report the culprits. I even received my first abusive message for no reason whatsoever, with a threat to, and I quote "im gona f u up"...........thanks for that, here's a report to Xbox about you!

trying to get in the top 50% to win a NASCAR expansion pass just isn't worth this amount of frustration, bad taste in my mouth and exposure to so many idiots just out to ruin peoples racing.

Thanks all the same ForzaRC, but I'm out.
#67 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 12:27:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

Heh. Just did a race in the Formula Fords with it.....and I forgot to pit. I ran out of fuel near the end and dropped a full 10 spots. I was in third! So used to Cosmetic Damage I forgot fuel was a factor. Oh well.

There was no need to pit at all. I won that trace without stopping in the pits at all.
#68 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 12:48:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

There was no need to pit at all. I won that trace without stopping in the pits at all.

Admittedly I'm the worst Michael Shumacher impersonator when it comes to racing, but I should clarify: It was two laps of the full 'Ring (Nordschliefe + GP), not just Nordschliefe. That one you don't need to pit on.

Guess I drove too aggressively :)
One of "The 50"
#69 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 7:05:08 PM(UTC)
This was my experience tonight. I was placed in the professional category after playing the last couple of elegible days for season two.
After browsing a couple of lobbies which were pretty full, I was placed in one with only three drivers! The first race was Catalunya and I figured with only three racers it would be a smooth and civilized affair... But just to be sure I took the left on the straight to let them go for the inside of the corner.... Just to watch them wipe themselves out! That was my first and easiest win in a multiplayer race...
Then we continued to Road America and more players joined the lobby, now we were 8 or 9. I started on the pole on the inside of the first corner and I feared I would be rear ended there... But it actually happened in the second corner. We both rejoined the race and I dropped to sixth place, but that was ok because in the past season I learned to lean back and prey on the mistakes that I knew would happen in front of me... Very quickly my crasher rear ended another racer in the hard left corner after the downhill straight , so I went from sixth to fourth while the other rage quitted. From there I closed the distance with the third place, just waiting for the mistake... Which happened before the second downhilll straight, and I took a satisfying third place.
Next was Daytona and I of course was fearing the inevitable crash fest on the first turn, specially because more racers had joined the lobby. I again started on the pole on the inside and I decided to attack it and hope for the best... And it paid off spectacularly because the huge crash occurred behind me! I led tensely for a couple of laps with two GTs in the hunt. I eventually made a mistake breaking very late after the finish line, so I went wide and the second place overtook me, so I went back to my waiting game... And the leader didn't dissapointed me after I pressured a bit in the section before the straight! I didn't make another mistake and took my second and most satisfying win of the night!
The next circuit was one of my favorites, Road Atlanta, and the lobby was now up to 14 racers. Now I started on the outside so I fully expected to be taken out in the first corner... And I wasn't dissapointed. I learned that the best thing I could do was just make the car "lean" not trying to break or accelerate, just enough to not sustain damage and to rejoin the race safely. Now at mid pack I knew exactly where the mistakes of the other would happen... Road Atlanta rewards patient drivers and punishes the impatient! It took me a couple of laps to went up to second place, but again I had a lapse in concentration on the first corner and two GTs overtook me. I chased hard but I could see they knew what they were doing, so I ended fourth.
Finally I figured I had more time for another race... Which happened to be at COTA... I had a bad feeling from the start. I figured I could use the huge runoff in corner 1 to avoid the crashfest, and it worked... For a couple of seconds! I was rear ended, spun and suffered heavy damaged, so I (rage) quitted, hehehe.
All in all I think I had a good first night in this league and I hope to finish in the top 50!

Edited by user Monday, August 22, 2016 8:49:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#70 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 7:26:30 PM(UTC)
Well my experience was having to pit because of drivetrain/engine damage the first 5 out if 7 races. You were lucky.

The GT racing is worse than the Formula Ford which was worse than the Mustang. It's amazing really.

The sad thing is I still love this game. Turn 10 knows it 😔

Edited by user Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:22:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 7:54:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IgnJaram Go to Quoted Post
This was my experience tonight. I was placed in the professional category after playing the last couple of elegible days for season two.
After browsing a couple of lobbies which were full with wheel users (I use a controller) I was placed in one with only three drivers!

haha you know the wheel means their racing? It doesnt mean they use a wheel to race lol......

Edited by user Monday, August 22, 2016 7:55:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#72 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:05:38 PM(UTC)
Hahaha, stupid me I just realized the steering wheel means they are racing...
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:45:30 AM(UTC)
I tried a couple of other lobbies later last night, with middling success. Some were a bit cleaner, or I was just lucky enough to be ahead of the carnage. A quick race this morning was just as chaotic, frustrating and crash-tastic as last night however, it seems to be full of people who have no idea how to even try and race clean.

You can't win the race on the first corner you fools!! This sort of behaviour just ruins the whole online racing experience.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:48:26 AM(UTC)
The video below which are recorded last night is just typical of my experience and many others.

Take the lead cleanly on lap 2, hit by a backmarker coming out of the pits on lap 3, smashed off on lap 4!

https://youtu.be/FjQqFaQy6Ag
#75 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:00:56 AM(UTC)
ouch, I feel your pain there dude, very similar things happened to me too. First race last night, startline of Laguna Seca, two seconds in to the race, I get tapped from the rear, spun in to the pit wall, and it was pretty much game over there and then. Fought back up to about 5th, then got tapped out a couple of more times by people who didn't like me taking their place when they'd screwed up and gone off the track.

Monza short track seems to be one of the worst, as most people (me included sometimes) misjudge how early you need to break for the first corner, and cause total carnage.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error