4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:07:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
I know why you want to race ghost and it might be good for couple of days but I and alot of others would get very board very quickly. The leagues should be kept contact, increasing the race length completely rules out the need for ghost racing

Yeah, that'd be an even better option, but lower class endurance racing isn't something I've come across too often yet. But I'd absolutely love that.
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:27:57 AM(UTC)
Pinnacle has generally been packed with fantastic racing, contrary to almost every opinion in this thread

Twitter: @RyHirons
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:32:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post
Pinnacle has generally been packed with fantastic racing, contrary to almost every opinion in this thread

I agree, I've seen some youtube footage from I Super GT I and I quite envied how well these races in Pinnacle were compared to Elite.
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:39:29 AM(UTC)

Dunno what planet your racing on. I have done over 15 hours of this rubbish now. I get wrecked nearly every other race, loads of clips on my feed to back this up. Like what's already been said if your in the top 6 you should be okay, staying in the top 6 is very hard due to:

A, people joining and getting put at the front of the grid
B, the cars are very unpredictable meaning I or someone else makes a mistake
C, track rotation is completely inappropriate
D, full or nearly full lobbys are utter madness

The majority of this thread can't be wrong, in fact all of the above has found its way into nearly every thread that talks about the online experience of forza.

I can't say turn 10 ignore whats being said, they have shown recently that they read and act on things within the forum. I often say to my kids they have selective hearing....I got sweets.....kidz come running......Who's tidying up........silence and tumble weed rolling past the front door.
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:44:04 AM(UTC)

Dunno what planet your racing on. I have done over 15 hours of this rubbish now. I get wrecked nearly every other race, loads of clips on my feed to back this up. Like what's already been said if your in the top 6 you should be okay, staying in the top 6 is very hard due to:

A, people joining and getting put at the front of the grid
B, the cars are very unpredictable meaning I or someone else makes a mistake
C, track rotation is completely inappropriate
D, full or nearly full lobbys are utter madness

The majority of this thread can't be wrong, in fact all of the above has found its way into nearly every thread that talks about the online experience of forza.

I can't say turn 10 ignore whats being said, they have shown recently that they read and act on things within the forum. I often say to my kids they have selective hearing....I got sweets.....kidz come running......Who's tidying up........silence and tumble weed rolling past the front door.

Yeah, but he is saying Pinnacle league. Do you race in Pinnacle? If you are in Elite league, then I know where you are coming from. I raced Elite league last night, because I want the car, and you are right, what a joke. Rear ended almost every turn. I know the other Mustangs have brakes, BECAUSE MINE DOES!!!!! And those little yellow markers on the screen.........IT MEANS THERE IS A CAR BESIDE YOU!!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:51:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:58:57 AM(UTC)
I'm in pinnicle. We usually get about 2 to 300 players. This time we will break 1000 that 4x more playes and 4x more chaos
 3 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 4:01:09 AM(UTC)
Anyways, Thank you T-10 for once again making a league for the month of August. You have made great car choices once again. I am enjoying the 2015 Mustang GT thus far. Great job T-10, I know you work very hard to bring this kind of stuff and it is much appreciated. THANK YOU. I don't race regular MP " I can not stand it" I only do rivals and work on career, but at least this gives me something to do.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 4:07:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:54:22 AM(UTC)
Did 8 races or so yesterday in pinnacle and meh, short races are still bad. They are good if you have the attention span of a goldfish I guess.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:11:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:12:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o Mike V o Go to Quoted Post
Did 8 races yesterday and meh, short races are still bad. They are good if you have the attention span of a goldfish I guess.

Well then again if ppl weren't complaining about the short races, they would be complaining about the long lobby wait.
#35 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:16:59 AM(UTC)
Personally I don't mind waiting for a race to end when I first join a lobby, willing to bet those people who are too impatient to wait for long races to finish are probably the same type of impatient people who cause pile ups in races. So, (IMO) screw them. I'd rather spend more time actually playing the game rather than going in and out of a lobby every 5 mins.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:41:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:36:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: o Mike V o Go to Quoted Post
Did 8 races yesterday and meh, short races are still bad. They are good if you have the attention span of a goldfish I guess.

Well then again if ppl weren't complaining about the short races, they would be complaining about the long lobby wait.

We didn't get any complaints for the
Moder gt league (double laps)
Spec ford gt lm league(double laps)
V8 supercar league (double laps)
Can am league (double laps)
Spec Bentley gt league (double laps)

The only complaints I heard about was waiting for a race then getting Nurburgring full in the wet. Double laps and 1 quick stop is fine so long as you have a good track roration. This is being addressed in the modern gt endurance hopper so hopefully the success of that hopper will filter through to the leagues
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:46:46 AM(UTC)
To me double laps is still not enough to justify a pit stop. the Modern GT hopper is the perfect balance between laps and a pit stop imo.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:49:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:26:37 AM(UTC)
Yeah I know what you're saying. But there must be some reason behind it. You and I might be able to handle a 10 lap race but maybe some can't or don't want to. Besides do you really think there would be less havoc in a longer race, instead of getting wrecked once and put out, now you can get wrecked lots more. At least you don't have to wait so long for the race to end. I like to look at it positive.

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:31:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:06:08 PM(UTC)
When do you get the unicorn car
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:06:59 PM(UTC)
Longer races weeds out the wreckers tbh that's why we have short races to include as many people as possible. In the modern gt endurance hopper you get the first corner incident and that's it. U can pit to get out of the traffic and have 2 or 3 laps to bang in some lap times. Before you know it everyone has pitted and your in 3rd.
#41 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:16:42 PM(UTC)
Longer races weeds out the wreckers tbh that's why we have short races to include as many people as possible. In the modern gt endurance hopper you get the first corner incident and that's it. U can pit to get out of the traffic and have 2 or 3 laps to bang in some lap times. Before you know it everyone has pitted and your in 3rd.

True but that's why they have endurance, so if you want long races. I don't race much MP, so I don't really know one way or the other. I am only racing it because I want the cars. You have 10 min. events in almost any game. COD, Gears, games like that have 10 min. matches, it only seems logical to me to have 10 min. races.
#42 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:15:25 PM(UTC)
I have not quite made it to elite or pinnacle yet as I race in proffesional and have only paid one visit to the league lobby this week. Usually we would have about 900 racers but this week we already have 1700 plus. I fully agree with all the comments made so far but we have got to get longer races and a quick stop to sort out damage. I must admit that racing with these strangers makes it hard to concentrate and enjoy your racing. The language I heard and the standard of driving is **** but T10 have got to react to the racers comments. Does Ford Motor Co wish to be associated with a game that is being run into the ground by poor administration.
 3 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 12:44:08 AM(UTC)
It's hilarious that so many Forza players consider anything longer that 2-3 laps to be an endurance race. Even the 3* hopper length races that are called "endurance" in Forza are shorter than sprint races in more serious games, or in any actual motorsport.

And that's the real problem with Forza 6. T10 established years ago that the optimum race length for hoppers was about 6 - 10 mins, and they've doggedly stuck to that, even though they later removed the only alternative to hoppers, and increased the grid from 8 to 12 to 16 and eventually to 24 cars. Even though they upped the lap count (mainly by accident, because they wanted to show off the new quick-stop"feature" that came with Nascar) and they got almost universally positive feedback for how much better the racing became, they still basically believe that 3 laps is correct. And it's not correct. It's not even simply wrong. It's moronic.

Take any real-world racing series, lets say the BTCC. Take away qualifying, randomise the grid each time, and make the races 3 laps long. What do you think the races would look like? That's right, a complete crash-fest clusterfudge. Just like Forza hoppers and hopper-style leagues, in fact.

Given the amount of data T10 have, at this stage the kindest interpretation is that they simply don't care how bad their multiplayer experience is, though I can certainly think of a couple of less kind alternatives.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 12:46:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:14:03 AM(UTC)
I've been playing Forza for 10 years now, and persuaded friends to invest in the game (sometimes even consoles). So I'm fairly realistic about online multiplayer (and occasionally play the likes of Call of Duty etc!).

But the ratio of good to bad games is getting ridiculous at times. Last night I had 2-3 good races before my first lobby glitched in the Elite League.

And then spent approx 2-2.5 hours desperately trying to get a clean lap, let alone a clean race.

If I didn't get caught up in the inevitable first turn pile up by hanging back, I'd then get people either causing accidents by weaving when I caught them, or outbraking themselves to try and re-pass me when I'd got through cleanly.

And although I know mistakes happen, and 1 or 2 nudges aren't a deal, I had people hit me 4-5 times in the back until they could convince me to spin, or turning into me on straights. And these are people with a level of 100+, so it's not like they've just turned on the game for the first time.

By the time I've crawled to the pits and repaired the damage, there's no chance to post a quick lap time, and most of the crashers have already quit out because they haven't managed to win the race in the first few corners...

I know it's part of public online racing, and obviously at this stage there's not a magical solution for all bad races that could be plugged into the Forza Motorsport 6 code, but it definitely needs to be solved before the inevitable FM7. In the meantime, more marshals might be good, along with longer race distances so at least it's possible to pit and salvage a race/find some clean air and hopefully qualify high enough on the grid to get away...

At the moment I'm planning to keep racing, get any DLC I don't own, and then stick to racing away from public lobbies. It's finally reached the point where I probably won't rush to buy the next game on release day unless the problems are proven to be reduced beforehand...

2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:28:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
It's hilarious that so many Forza players consider anything longer that 2-3 laps to be an endurance race. Even the 3* hopper length races that are called "endurance" in Forza are shorter than sprint races in more serious games, or in any actual motorsport.

Yeah seriously. This is endurance racing in Forza, not these baby double/triple lap count races.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 7:30:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:54:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Badger Gravling Go to Quoted Post
I've been playing Forza for 10 years now, and persuaded friends to invest in the game (sometimes even consoles). So I'm fairly realistic about online multiplayer (and occasionally play the likes of Call of Duty etc!).

But the ratio of good to bad games is getting ridiculous at times. Last night I had 2-3 good races before my first lobby glitched in the Elite League.

And then spent approx 2-2.5 hours desperately trying to get a clean lap, let alone a clean race.

If I didn't get caught up in the inevitable first turn pile up by hanging back, I'd then get people either causing accidents by weaving when I caught them, or outbraking themselves to try and re-pass me when I'd got through cleanly.

And although I know mistakes happen, and 1 or 2 nudges aren't a deal, I had people hit me 4-5 times in the back until they could convince me to spin, or turning into me on straights. And these are people with a level of 100+, so it's not like they've just turned on the game for the first time.

By the time I've crawled to the pits and repaired the damage, there's no chance to post a quick lap time, and most of the crashers have already quit out because they haven't managed to win the race in the first few corners...

I know it's part of public online racing, and obviously at this stage there's not a magical solution for all bad races that could be plugged into the Forza Motorsport 6 code, but it definitely needs to be solved before the inevitable FM7. In the meantime, more marshals might be good, along with longer race distances so at least it's possible to pit and salvage a race/find some clean air and hopefully qualify high enough on the grid to get away...

At the moment I'm planning to keep racing, get any DLC I don't own, and then stick to racing away from public lobbies. It's finally reached the point where I probably won't rush to buy the next game on release day unless the problems are proven to be reduced beforehand...

With all that said. I too have been playing for 10 yrs. I love the game. I own everything they have produced. I feel I have gotten my money's worth 3 fold and then some. I do find the game much more enjoyable if I stay away from MP. I do in fact enjoy their events that they have. I have never been bored with Forza. When I Buy and play other games I play them for the story line, that's it. Then it's over. With Forza I can always find something to do.
#47 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:59:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Badger Gravling Go to Quoted Post

With all that said. I too have been playing for 10 yrs. I love the game. I own everything they have produced. I feel I have gotten my money's worth 3 fold and then some. I do find the game much more enjoyable if I stay away from MP. I do in fact enjoy their events that they have. I have never been bored with Forza. When I Buy and play other games I play them for the story line, that's it. Then it's over. With Forza I can always find something to do.

I'm not bored with Forza or racing, but the only option at the moment is to sign up to the unofficial racing leagues like TORA to be able to have a clean race. And I've raced with TORA, TURN, Virtual Motorsports, the FWC etc through the years, but sometimes I'd like to be able to drive in more varied events, or just have an evening of enjoyable racing...

I get that Turn10 want to appeal to a mainstream audience - I remember the stats for games like Project Gotham that revealed less than 10% of people made it all the way through the game. But what that misses is that the 10% who are hardcore enough tend to be the ones who will buy the DLC, recommend the game to friends, start fan websites (As I did), etc, etc.

At the moment, I'm looking at console racing and thinking that I should just invest in a new 'work' computer and make the switch to PC gaming where accidents still occur, but the safety rating concept makes it less frequent (mentioning no specific names!)....

#48 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 9:08:13 AM(UTC)
Yes, but that's what I am saying you have to understand that the racers in MP Forza have no patience. If you start 15th how far do you think you are going to get. I am not saying I don't race other games. When I want enjoyable racing with others, I go to them. But just because I don't like Forza MP, I am not going to throw it out the window.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 9:09:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 12:23:43 PM(UTC)
I made it through the first season. I am only in the professional league but in general, I found the racing good. There were trolls out there. There were aggressive jerks that use your car for a brake or block you every chance they get. I guess I've gotten use to this. There were also good racers. Since there is a reward available, I expected to see the trolls. However, I didn't see as many as I expected. I am happy with how the league went. It was better than other events I've been in.
#50 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 5:22:49 AM(UTC)
When will this weeks rivals event go online? (CATALUNYA Formula Ford)
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error