4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:36:45 AM(UTC)
The forzaRC open league got off to a pretty pathetic start with the usual desperados hunting the dlc codes and unicorn cars. We have reverted to the unsucceful format of the past leagues with hopper lap count, full damage and no quickstops. It's been said countless times that this format does not work if you get any damage at all its game over. You might think this would deter people from having accidents, well no it does not they just get more desperate for the points.

So I've started this thread in absence of a "this week's leagues" for us to discuss the leagues and hopefully come up with some ideas to help t10 get things right in the future.

What can be done about the desperado unicorn hunters?

What format should the leagues be ie damage, race length and quickstops?

What's your opinion of the league so far is it a success or a flop?
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:01:43 AM(UTC)
[edit]
You know what, there's nothing that can be said here that hasn't been said by a thousand different players a thousand different times over the months since this game launched. If T10 haven't heard any of that then they're not going to hear it now.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:22:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:11:52 AM(UTC)
I agree lobby-length is main cause for these desperation moves in the first corner. There isn't enough time for the field to spread out and actually start engaging in battles. The Open Lobby is in essence another Spec League and should be treated like so. Obviously we can't change the way scoring works at the moment, but we can change the way we earn it. There is a massive difference between getting 2500 points in a 2 Lap race at Bathurst vs an 8 Lap race. I think this should be addressed ASAP. Let us have our battles and WORK for the points that we receive.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:15:11 AM(UTC)
Maybe it also has to do with the time slots played, but I did had an enjoyable experience last night. Sure there were wreckers and bad driving, but the majority of the races were well disputed.
However, I do agree that something like this would be fairer if the cars were ghosted, so it would be down to driving skill and not evasive skill.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:21:49 AM(UTC)
dont think it's just the desperado unicorn hunters as you only need to do one race to be eligible for the unicorns

i think it's more the physical prizes that are on offer
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:23:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
dont think it's just the desperado unicorn hunters as you only need to do one race to be eligible for the unicorns

i think it's more the physical prizes that are on offer

Your right it's both unicorns and the dlc codes. Trying to finish in the 50% isn't that hard if you play everyday
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:26:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
[edit]
You know what, there's nothing that can be said here that hasn't been said by a thousand different players a thousand different times over the months since this game launched. If T10 haven't heard any of that then they're not going to hear it now.

Spot on.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:28:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:44:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o Mike V o Go to Quoted Post
[edit]

Spot on.

No sense in giving up, I know zed is disappointed with the game at the moment and I might end up loosing a great racing buddy. But I'm just trying to carry on as normal, make our views heard and with triton getting involved in recent disscussion I have high hopes they are starting to listen.

Look it can't get much worse than it is and I know t10 keep making the same mistakes over and over again but it's got to sink in sooner or later. None of us want to see forza get canned so just stick together and keep telling them how we feel.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:52:15 AM(UTC)
I had some good racing in the league yesterday. I still prefer longer races with quickstops for the tactical side of it. Most of my fun was from being near the front, I did notice that there were issues nearer the back of the group/lobby.

I saved a bunch of replays to look at moments where I felt someone was trying to nudge me off track and even an incident where I wanted to know if I did something wrong based on a reaction I heard over game chat. Every incident was actually clean just standard racing incidents. They didn't feel right at the time but looking at them there was no malicious goings on.

What I did notice was some "amateur" (not that I'm particularly good) racing. One guy in particular I had a good race with, he finished first a couple of races. We raced in Prague and had an incident where he went into a corner too fast and fishtailed me and it got him the number 1 spot back. I finished 2nd. He didn't do it on purpose and we had an excellent race up to that point.

I watched him in another race where he smashed the back of me and I went into a barrier totaling the car. I couldn't get past 2nd gear at that point and finished in last place because of it, probably would have had fourth if that didn't happen. No apology or anything. Again he entered the corner too fast.

From the various replays I could see he entered corners far too fast. He wasn't a dodgy player just a bit inexperienced/lacking discipline. Teaching these people that slow and smooth can be faster would help a lot. Unfortunately that won't happen as there are no tools in the game that does this well. That is why I think there should be a mandatory teaching element at the beginning of the game that you have to do before progressing to the actual game and a section with more detailed racecraft teaching in the game for people to refer to. It might also help with defining the rules for this game as there currently aren't any well defined rules.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:24:09 AM(UTC)
I doubt T10 would listen to our "pathetic" cries for some fair racing, bit I have an idea or two myself. I agree with just about everyone else, many good points stated.

Proper "anti-cheater" stuff (as said many, many, many, MANY time over and over and freaking over: a proper vote to kick so the community can actively remove those who dampen the fun for others in a lobby. An excessive amount of kicks (8 or so within X period?) equals a short ban. The return of sticky grass (I hate it, but we need it), maybe as an "overlay" in MP. An idea from Gran Turismo 4: contact would mean your car is limited to X mph for Y amount of time, and may as well ghost them too - simple idea that isn't excessive or crazy. Having "license test" like stuff is good and all, but what keeps someone from just going through it and still causing havoc? I like it though.

In terms of what T10 can do (and probably still won't bother with): I say some freaking ghost racing. It's still PLENTY competitive - you can have your ice cream and you can eat it too. Lengthen out the races (7 laps short track? 4-5 laps normal length? 2-3 laps for long?) and add quick stops. If you can't listen to your fan base T10, then I fear your Motorsport games won't be that much of a Motorsport anymore. Out of all the lobbies I played yesterday, there was only ONE that was decent, and a shout out to BUZZIN 420 HD for some great racing too.

(Sorry to beat the dead horse, haven't been this worked up over such **** poor planing in a long time)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:32:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:53:31 AM(UTC)
This open league is an absolute disaster. Race after race today, people literally trying to drift around corners. Cars that crash end up not ghosting out quickly enough, leaving them backwards on track, and with no time to react smashing straight into them. Getting kicked from a lobby because, some one rear ends me, and as a result, I plough into the car ahead. To top it off, the chat in lobbies is broken, so no notification of being kicked. You can see the mic icons move, but hear no chat. Was enjoying Forza as a casual gamer, but the more I think about it, the more I realise it's broken.
Glad I picked the game up on sale, because it'll be the last time I give my hard earned money on another Forza title.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:06:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 11:09:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FragileDavid1 Go to Quoted Post
This open league is an absolute disaster. Race after race today, people literally trying to drift around corners. Cars that crash end up not ghosting out quickly enough, leaving them lengthways on tracks, and with no time to react smashing straight into them. Getting kicked from a lobby because, some one rear ends me, and as a result, I plough into the car ahead. To top it off, the chat in lobbies is broken, so no notification of being kicked. You can see the mic icons move, but hear no chat. Was enjoying Forza as a casual gamer, but the more I think about it, the more I realise it's broken.
Glad I picked the game up on sale, because it'll be the last time I give my hard earned money on another Forza title.

The ghosting mechanic is clearly broken. Cars on track facing backwards and sideways for a seconds at a time without a ghost.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:42:13 PM(UTC)
Total trash. I've been wrecked purposefully every race so far. 24 cars on tracks like Long beach East? LOLs. Why would they ever do this in a non ghost league format.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:41:42 AM(UTC)
I have done the league for 2 days now about 10 hours race time. The standard is extremely low in pinnicle and I include myself in that statement. The mustang is a dog to drive and very difficult to race closely with. I must of quit the race 10 times last night from being wrecked check my feed for some interesting rage quits lol, 2 lap races and no quick stops does not work with sim damage.

Triton if your reading this you know this format does not work. Double laps and 1 quick stop is the standard now and it's been proven in past leagues. Please make the change Im really looking forward to the Ford gt lm but in the current format it will be disapointing
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:28:51 AM(UTC)
Agreed. Nobody should get 2500 points for a 2 lap race at Road America.... ever. Please increase lap count.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:50:46 AM(UTC)
This league is an absolutely pathetic joke. Most people are idiots who just wreck your race. Total waste of time, no fun at all. I did not expect anything else.
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:32:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
[edit]

Spot on.

No sense in giving up.

I'm on the verge of giving up after nearly a year of posting the same things, F1 2016 and GT Sport can't come soon enough.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:51:36 AM(UTC)
I have everything they are giving away in this league challenge. By the sounds of it........................I will just stay away from it. Good.....................Luck. Saved myself a lot of frustration, just buying it. I just wanted all the cars and liveries on the last one, so I put up with it. This one I don't have too.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:59:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
I have everything they are giving away in this league challenge. By the sounds of it........................I will just stay away from it. Good.....................Luck. Saved myself a lot of frustration, just buying it. I just wanted all the cars and liveries on the last one, so I put up with it. This one I don't have too.
Same with me. I already have the DLC. I will just put in enough to get the Unicorns and maybe a couple more for Carnage Entertainment value. It is entertaining to listen to the people at times.

#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:08:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Same with me. I already have the DLC. I will just put in enough to get the Unicorns and maybe a couple more for Carnage Entertainment value. It is entertaining to listen to the people at times.

If I am not mistaken. I think all I have to do is qualify in season elite cup and run in the open on Aug. 28th. Then I can get the 2 cars, is this correct. Or can I just run a race in the Open league and get the car?

Ok, so maybe I am slow. I am not understanding. If I compete each week in the open, I can get 3 livery cars? But there is only 1 elite livery car?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:32:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:40:26 PM(UTC)
I'm really loving the Forza game and when I saw a spec league announced, I won't lie, but I got excited about that. I'd get to learn from drivers that are a bit faster than me and because there are no differences between the cars, battles could be good. Now, a good 150+ races later, what I encountered in the majority of races are people that are very very willing to push people off the track on straights when they're about to be overtaken, for a miserable 100 points difference.

I would blame the short race distance each race for making people more desperate for a move, but this is mostly an issue on the driver-end of the story. They don't have to do it, but they do. While with friends or in normal online lobbies I could have more or less faith in not being punted off when somebody is driving 30 ft behind me, but in this league: short racing distance, prizes, etc. etc. people have just become crazy and I can't say I'm enjoying this one bit.

So really I hope the next time it'll be a ghost league. Lap times will be clean, there wouldn't be any completely unnecessary incidents between cars and instead of the one with most Wreck Fest experience, the best driver is actually most likely to win. Please consider it and let this first week just be a lesson. It's reassuring I'm apparently not the only one who had the fun sucked out of this already, saves me doubting whether it's just me.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:11:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post

I'm also always laughing when i hear the people at the back shouting at each other while i'm comfortably leading the race.
I mean seriously if you don't start in the top ten then you are basically going to have a hard race.
Still i currently have had some great league races i don't think the setup is bad but the ghosting should be done much faster because now i've had it a couple of times that some people get smashed of and the cars behind him crash because ghosting takes like 2 seconds instead of a 0,010 of a second. I think they shouldn't make races all ghost because it would be unrealistic and it would make racing less fun, i mean mistakes happen in racing and sometimes you just have to deal with it cry out and then go on.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:57:07 PM(UTC)
I had a few nice races two days ago and jumped into it again today. But the lobbies seemed to be a bit broken? Couldn't hear people talking then it was all stuttered....finally I could hear one guy and he was clearly talking to at least two other guys I couldn't hear. Then the races were broken too, So I changed lobbies a few times but it only got worse.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 11:43:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
[edit]

Spot on.

No sense in giving up.

I'm on the verge of giving up after nearly a year of posting the same things, F1 2016 and GT Sport can't come soon enough.

I want these games but can't really justify buying them when they come out. I hope they are good.

I don't have the NASCAR expansion, so I will need to do it on week 3 for sure. I will probably continue racing this week and next week but if things are as bad as yesterday it won't last long.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:08:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kimpressor83 Go to Quoted Post
I'm really loving the Forza game and when I saw a spec league announced, I won't lie, but I got excited about that. I'd get to learn from drivers that are a bit faster than me and because there are no differences between the cars, battles could be good.

Spec leagues are really good way to race fairly, it opens up the game to everyone and produces mucheck closer racing than tye usual format

Quote:
I would blame the short race distance each race for making people more desperate for a move

Short races are with out a doubt 1 of the main reason we have such desperate racing antics. Double laps and 1 quickstop has been so successful that im astounded that we have reverted to these short and desperate races

Quote:
So really I hope the next time it'll be a ghost league. Lap times will be clean, there wouldn't be any completely unnecessary incidents between cars

I know why you want to race ghost and it might be good for couple of days but I and alot of others would get very board very quickly. The leagues should be kept contact, increasing the race length completely rules out the need for ghost racing

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:09:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error