8 Pages<<5678PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
#151 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:47:19 PM(UTC)
F1 goes on break but the track limits saga continues. Maybe they should just do a last minute install of some sensors in the curbs at the chicanes.
Rank: Driver's License
#152 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 4:38:55 PM(UTC)
so where is this gp track
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#153 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:15:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SlidewaysRUSH Go to Quoted Post
so where is this gp track


Nurburgring Gp is going to be used in the Elite series 1v1's and the weekly finals events. The rivals event will remain on Monza :)
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#154 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:39:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TUS ForceOne Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SlidewaysRUSH Go to Quoted Post
so where is this gp track


Nurburgring Gp is going to be used in the Elite series 1v1's and the weekly finals events. The rivals event will remain on Monza :)


Actually it is a best of 3 in 3 different tracks.

Race1: Nurb
Race 2: Catalunya
Race 3: Watkins Glen

Higher player on Rivals event hosts Race 1 and 3. The other player hosts Race 2.
Rank: Racing Permit
#155 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:26:33 PM(UTC)
I wreckon there might be a protest or two in a few of the hard braking zones at the Ring GP. Best of luck to all.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#156 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 2:02:54 AM(UTC)
@I Super GT I
I understand you want to defend your friends and that's fine. You're a nice person and an absolute clean racer, but your arguments are invalid. Bringing up the F1 Hockenheim and saying that everyone was just fine with the T1 track limits is just wrong --> http://www.motorsport.co...change-at-turn-1-803718/ It was more a controversy, and you can't compare the situation with the 1st chicane issue at Monza because at Hockenheim they were discussing whether using a little bit of the run off areas or not. At Austin the drivers also used the run off area and went incredibly wide, and that also caused some kind of controversy, so if you say everyone was just fine with the decisions made by the respective race directors is just not true.

Also, Monza was supposed to be fixed before the event. Somehow T10 didn't manage to fix the track and redefine track boundaries and the event was already in full swing, so they had to allow it. People first took advantage and exploited game vulnerabilities. Then T10 had to make concessions in order to keep the event going. You won't find an example in RL that justifies the 1st chicane debacle. This goes against everything motorsport, fair play and sportsmanship, and you named it: It's just silly, especially when the best hotlap clubs are involved. Different online magazines and the VVV guys are addressing the issue too, so there seems to be something wrong with it, don't you think? And I think it's too easy to blame only T10. Why start cutting when the top guys would be on top anyways?

The thing is, I've watched top drivers' streams and I've watched TURN races and it's a fact that cutting is normal to hold off the guy behind you. That is a fact. Even people in chat were mentioning it, so "everyone wants to stay on the tarmac" is just not true.

I've already mentioned this in another thread: I'm not taking part and I have no disadvantage and I'm not salty about the whole cutting thing, just speaking my mind and maybe I'm just a bit disappointed because of the contradiction. Countless people are/were complaining about corner cutting in leagues. How can you expect the average casual player to be respecting what's considered to be general consensus in racing (fair play, respect for each other and for track limits) after watching the top replays? I think the fast guys have the responsibility to be an example for those who are new to the franchise and want to learn how to race properly, and I think they want the franchise to improve as well after the endless corner cutting in MP&leagues and general carnage everywhere, but they just failed to do so.

And Raceboy, yeah, he's also an absolute clean driver. I've watched a few streams and he has always shown morals and respect on track and taught people to be sensible. Someone started the cutting, I don't know who, but he destroyed this event in my view. I can also understand, if you want to have a chance to win a good prize, maybe you have to cut as well, maybe not. Wouldn't it be a much bigger success to be in top 128 without cutting? Top drivers like Raceboy could manage it, no doubt...

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 7:16:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#157 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 3:20:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rich1e I Go to Quoted Post
Someone started the cutting, I don't know who, but he destroyed this event in my view.


If I were as fast as the top flight of forza I would of taken the cuts for 1 simple reason. To highlight the poor effort t10 had at fixing the tracks. Based on that the person who started cutting imo saved all of us from more half cocked fixes in the future. I like everyone else wished they got it right and I don't think it would of been that hard to fix it. How they over looked the cuts on monza I will never know all they had to do was watch 1 replay. There is no doubt in my mind where the blame lies and I thank all that did the cuts for highlighting how inadequate t10's attempts at fixing the game was. I actively encourage anyone to seek our glitches and cuts and exploit them as much as thet can as it seems to be the only thing that gets there attention. Simply standing on the moral high ground like a stubborn ***. gets us no where.

The forza community needs to stick together and channel our gripes at T10 and esl. This whole situition is huge embarrassment for t10 and they have already publicly appoligised for not fixing the track. T10 have gained a lot more respect from myself recently they have been engaged in community something I was told never happened. They have shown they can listen and we just need to keep the pressure on t10 to get it right.
Rank: Racing Permit
#158 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 3:52:29 AM(UTC)
Throwing this out there because it deserves recognition..

I was watching Zabbzi on his twitch stream the other night, in the rivals event he set a respectable time being clean, I can't remember the time I think it put him around 700 ish on the leaderboards.
Then he tried doing it in no morals mode with cutting, within just a handful of laps he had a time that put him in the top 128. BUT, he took himself out of the rivals event first so that it wouldn't count.
That's my kinda guy.
I know the quickest won't care, all power to them for being there, well done, yes your skilled etc etc. But I personally respect that stream far more than any of the fastest laps so far in this competition. Top man.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#159 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 4:06:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
But I personally respect that stream far more than any of the fastest laps so far in this competition. Top man.


If it was a competition to gain respect then you would have a valid point. But it isn't it's for 40 grand car

You make 1 valid point tho, without cutting it's hard if not impossible to get in the top 128. I dear say like myself Zabbzi isn't too bothered about getting through in the mustang as it's a pile of poo.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 4:08:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#160 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 5:18:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
But I personally respect that stream far more than any of the fastest laps so far in this competition. Top man.


If it was a competition to gain respect then you would have a valid point. But it isn't it's for 40 grand car

You make 1 valid point tho, without cutting it's hard if not impossible to get in the top 128. I dear say like myself Zabbzi isn't too bothered about getting through in the mustang as it's a pile of poo.


Stop it. The Ford Mustang GT is not a pile of poo. I happen to own one. I have owned several others also. I think it runs and handles fine. It is completely stock. What are you looking for in a Mustang? It's not a Ferrari, it's a Mustang!

Also It's American. It's one of the things this country was built on.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 5:23:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#161 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 6:59:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
But I personally respect that stream far more than any of the fastest laps so far in this competition. Top man.


If it was a competition to gain respect then you would have a valid point. But it isn't it's for 40 grand car

You make 1 valid point tho, without cutting it's hard if not impossible to get in the top 128. I dear say like myself Zabbzi isn't too bothered about getting through in the mustang as it's a pile of poo.


Stop it. The Ford Mustang GT is not a pile of poo. I happen to own one. I have owned several others also. I think it runs and handles fine. It is completely stock. What are you looking for in a Mustang? It's not a Ferrari, it's a Mustang!

Also It's American. It's one of the things this country was built on.


Let me rephrase my previous comment. The ford mustang gt is a dog to drive within forza 6 compared to race prepared cars. I make that comparison because the game is called motorsport and racing a stock mustang gt is not really motorsport. It's closer to street racing with your mates when your 17 years old or track day while having a midlife crisis.

But all that being said the mustang is a iconic car in RL and ford have done well to milk it's popularity for so long. They failed miserably in the 80's and 90's to revive the brand but they certainly got it right recently along with the beautifull ford gt. Which brings to my next point the ford gt imo would of been a much better choice in car but I guess they are trying to cater for a wider audience then just s and r class racers. I would of liked to of seem higher classes s r and p would of been good. I'm not sure if there is a p class ford tho
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#162 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:06:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TUS ForceOne Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SlidewaysRUSH Go to Quoted Post
so where is this gp track


Nurburgring Gp is going to be used in the Elite series 1v1's and the weekly finals events. The rivals event will remain on Monza :)


Actually it is a best of 3 in 3 different tracks.

Race1: Nurb
Race 2: Catalunya
Race 3: Watkins Glen

Higher player on Rivals event hosts Race 1 and 3. The other player hosts Race 2.


I believe the rules are written poorly.

EDIT: No they are not, thank you for pointing this out, because I would not have seen this until tomorrow going to race XD

Everyone has some rapid practicing to do...

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 7:28:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#163 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:26:55 AM(UTC)


Stop it. The Ford Mustang GT is not a pile of poo. I happen to own one. I have owned several others also. I think it runs and handles fine. It is completely stock. What are you looking for in a Mustang? It's not a Ferrari, it's a Mustang!

Also It's American. It's one of the things this country was built on.[/quote]

Are ANY American cars good at going round corners? ;oD

*Dons body armour and helmet and ducks for cover*
Rank: Racing Permit
#164 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:48:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: F4H Diablo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TUS ForceOne Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SlidewaysRUSH Go to Quoted Post
so where is this gp track


Nurburgring Gp is going to be used in the Elite series 1v1's and the weekly finals events. The rivals event will remain on Monza :)


Actually it is a best of 3 in 3 different tracks.

Race1: Nurb
Race 2: Catalunya
Race 3: Watkins Glen

Higher player on Rivals event hosts Race 1 and 3. The other player hosts Race 2.


I believe the rules are written poorly.

EDIT: No they are not, thank you for pointing this out, because I would not have seen this until tomorrow going to race XD

Everyone has some rapid practicing to do...


Aint nobody got time for that! I'll just wing it like most races haha.

Rank: Racing Permit
#165 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:49:30 AM(UTC)
on a serious note how do we go about watching the races? In the UK. I'm assuming it's live streamed
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#166 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:19:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
But I personally respect that stream far more than any of the fastest laps so far in this competition. Top man.


If it was a competition to gain respect then you would have a valid point. But it isn't it's for 40 grand car

You make 1 valid point tho, without cutting it's hard if not impossible to get in the top 128. I dear say like myself Zabbzi isn't too bothered about getting through in the mustang as it's a pile of poo.


Stop it. The Ford Mustang GT is not a pile of poo. I happen to own one. I have owned several others also. I think it runs and handles fine. It is completely stock. What are you looking for in a Mustang? It's not a Ferrari, it's a Mustang!

Also It's American. It's one of the things this country was built on.


Let me rephrase my previous comment. The ford mustang gt is a dog to drive within forza 6 compared to race prepared cars. I make that comparison because the game is called motorsport and racing a stock mustang gt is not really motorsport. It's closer to street racing with your mates when your 17 years old or track day while having a midlife crisis.

But all that being said the mustang is a iconic car in RL and ford have done well to milk it's popularity for so long. They failed miserably in the 80's and 90's to revive the brand but they certainly got it right recently along with the beautifull ford gt. Which brings to my next point the ford gt imo would of been a much better choice in car but I guess they are trying to cater for a wider audience then just s and r class racers. I would of liked to of seem higher classes s r and p would of been good. I'm not sure if there is a p class ford tho


Well you don't have to call it.......poo.

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#167 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:31:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post



Are ANY American cars good at going round corners? ;oD

*Dons body armour and helmet and ducks for cover*



yeah, round ones.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
Rank: Racing Permit
#168 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:38:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post



Are ANY American cars good at going round corners? ;oD

*Dons body armour and helmet and ducks for cover*



yeah, round ones.


Vettes sure do like the round corners on Nurburgring =P
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#169 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:51:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post


Well you don't have to call it.......poo.



I was struggling to find 1 word to describe the car that wasn't swearing. Dog and poo seem to work in the nicest way
Rank: On the Podium
 2 users liked this post.
#170 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 9:01:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
Throwing this out there because it deserves recognition..

I was watching Zabbzi on his twitch stream the other night, in the rivals event he set a respectable time being clean, I can't remember the time I think it put him around 700 ish on the leaderboards.
Then he tried doing it in no morals mode with cutting, within just a handful of laps he had a time that put him in the top 128. BUT, he took himself out of the rivals event first so that it wouldn't count.
That's my kinda guy.
I know the quickest won't care, all power to them for being there, well done, yes your skilled etc etc. But I personally respect that stream far more than any of the fastest laps so far in this competition. Top man.


How is it immoral to run a clean line in accordance to the current game parameters?

And what about next week when there aren't any corner cuts? Who will your love affair for authentic IRL driving be this time?

Will it be me? I certainly hope so. I love my fans.

Lol.
Rank: On the Podium
 1 user liked this post.
#171 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 9:05:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post


Well you don't have to call it.......poo.



I was struggling to find 1 word to describe the car that wasn't swearing. Dog and poo seem to work in the nicest way


It's really not bad at all and fun to drive when you don't take corners as if was grip tune.

Only thing that bothered me were soft brakes and occasional understeer.

However when driven right, the car is super fun. It has just the right amount of oversteer to fly through corners but not too much to where you're drifting all over the place. I wouldn't use TCS with it though. I'd imagine it drives terrible with that on.
Rank: Racing Permit
#172 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 9:16:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
Throwing this out there because it deserves recognition..

I was watching Zabbzi on his twitch stream the other night, in the rivals event he set a respectable time being clean, I can't remember the time I think it put him around 700 ish on the leaderboards.
Then he tried doing it in no morals mode with cutting, within just a handful of laps he had a time that put him in the top 128. BUT, he took himself out of the rivals event first so that it wouldn't count.
That's my kinda guy.
I know the quickest won't care, all power to them for being there, well done, yes your skilled etc etc. But I personally respect that stream far more than any of the fastest laps so far in this competition. Top man.


How is it immoral to run a clean line in accordance to the current game parameters?

And what about next week when there aren't any corner cuts? Who will your love affair for authentic IRL driving be this time?

Will it be me? I certainly hope so. I love my fans.

Lol.


If we get to see the cream of forza racers smashing lap times and not playing dodge the dirty triangle everyones a winner.

P.S. My name is IRL :oD

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 9:56:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#173 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 9:58:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rich1e I Go to Quoted Post
Someone started the cutting, I don't know who, but he destroyed this event in my view.


If I were as fast as the top flight of forza I would of taken the cuts for 1 simple reason. To highlight the poor effort t10 had at fixing the tracks. Based on that the person who started cutting imo saved all of us from more half cocked fixes in the future. I like everyone else wished they got it right and I don't think it would of been that hard to fix it. How they over looked the cuts on monza I will never know all they had to do was watch 1 replay. There is no doubt in my mind where the blame lies and I thank all that did the cuts for highlighting how inadequate t10's attempts at fixing the game was. I actively encourage anyone to seek our glitches and cuts and exploit them as much as thet can as it seems to be the only thing that gets there attention. Simply standing on the moral high ground like a stubborn ***. gets us no where.

The forza community needs to stick together and channel our gripes at T10 and esl. This whole situition is huge embarrassment for t10 and they have already publicly appoligised for not fixing the track. T10 have gained a lot more respect from myself recently they have been engaged in community something I was told never happened. They have shown they can listen and we just need to keep the pressure on t10 to get it right.


Lol I'm sorry man, but this is really a weak excuse. if you want to draw T10's attention on Monza the best way to do this is open a discussion here on the forums. This has already happened plenty of times. Everybody who visits the forums once in a while should know this. Maybe you're new to the forums I don't know ;) Additionally the same discussion rose a few months ago during the Super Trofeo rivals+leagues events, so you can be quite sure T10's already aware of the Monza issue and there's absolutely no need to show how much you can cut on this track. But nice try ;)
I've learned two things today: Morals are a baaad idea and cutting is good to improve the franchise, wow... lol

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 3:25:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#174 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 10:21:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rich1e I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rich1e I Go to Quoted Post
Someone started the cutting, I don't know who, but he destroyed this event in my view.


If I were as fast as the top flight of forza I would of taken the cuts for 1 simple reason. To highlight the poor effort t10 had at fixing the tracks. Based on that the person who started cutting imo saved all of us from more half cocked fixes in the future. I like everyone else wished they got it right and I don't think it would of been that hard to fix it. How they over looked the cuts on monza I will never know all they had to do was watch 1 replay. There is no doubt in my mind where the blame lies and I thank all that did the cuts for highlighting how inadequate t10's attempts at fixing the game was. I actively encourage anyone to seek our glitches and cuts and exploit them as much as thet can as it seems to be the only thing that gets there attention. Simply standing on the moral high ground like a stubborn ***. gets us no where.

The forza community needs to stick together and channel our gripes at T10 and esl. This whole situition is huge embarrassment for t10 and they have already publicly appoligised for not fixing the track. T10 have gained a lot more respect from myself recently they have been engaged in community something I was told never happened. They have shown they can listen and we just need to keep the pressure on t10 to get it right.


Lol I'm sorry man, but this is really a weak excuse. if you want to draw T10's attention on Monza the best way to do this is open a discussion here on the forums. This has already happened plenty of times. Everybody who visits the forums once in a while should know this. Maybe you're new to the forums I don't know ;) Additionally the same discussion rose a few months ago during the Super Trofeo rivals+leagues events, so you can be quite sure T10's already aware of the Monza issue and there's absolutely no need to show how much you can cut on this track. But nice try ;)
I've learned two things today: Morals are bad and cutting is good to improve the franchise, wow... lol


Totally agree mate. Turn 10 should have a good feedback program so they totally understand what the players want. It shouldn't just consist of the leaderboard divas though, it should be a broad mix of different abilities and ages.
I know they need to appeal to the casual gamer for maximum profit but I think forza 4 proved it's possible to please almost everyone.
I've got so many cool ideas that im sure are easily achievable for this franchise but no where to submit them.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#175 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 10:38:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
I've got so many cool ideas that im sure are easily achievable for this franchise but no where to submit them.


Best place would be the Wishlist Thread if you haven't posted there already.
http://forums.forzamotor...-Features-Wish-List.aspx

8 Pages<<5678PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error