8 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
#101 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:26:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FISH AAC Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Springbock Go to Quoted Post

Anyway I need to go find 8 seconds....... I'm coming for you Laige and Harmonic! Hahaha

Just to try and help you out and save you some time if your new to it.....you'll need to ride the clutch too otherwise you'll get left behind on the straights. Listen to the gear changes on replays you'll see what I mean

That's a glitch on replays, it was like that on forza 4
#102 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:34:23 AM(UTC)

Anyway I need to go find 8 seconds....... I'm coming for you Laige and Harmonic! Hahaha

Just to try and help you out and save you some time if your new to it.....you'll need to ride the clutch too otherwise you'll get left behind on the straights. Listen to the gear changes on replays you'll see what I mean

Is there a rule somewhere saying you need to lift off when you shift? Again, for whatever reason, the game allows it and it's been like this in previous games too so blame the devs if you have a problem.
 1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:02:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ctrlSHIFT JP Go to Quoted Post

Is there a rule somewhere saying you need to lift off when you shift? Again, for whatever reason, the game allows it and it's been like this in previous games too so blame the devs if you have a problem.

Spot on, but you know wat they say, small things amuse small minds. Next thing will be complaining because some have bigger TV screens than others which gives an unfair advantage.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#104 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:02:31 AM(UTC)
Its clear that shifting with the manual clutch is the rule to be fast on this track with this car. If you look, no one in the top 300 has used automatic clutch! (But people have used TSC/ABS in that list) It seems the clutch use on its own can give 2 - 3 Mph gain early out of the corner and in the early shifts down the straights. Which is huge over the entire straight!
 1 user liked this post.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:10:17 AM(UTC)
So I got something to say for all the haters. We are competing for prizes, and not only that, competing for a car thats about $37,000. Why in the world would we not do everything that is LEGAL to win? What ever is allowed in competition to get an advantage we will take advantage of. It makes no sense what some of you guys say. Oh let me just respect how real racing works and throw a chance of $37,000 down the drain. Yeah not going to happen. Everyone complaining about the three forza Marshalls at the top for cutting. It's allowed, they will do it to. They want to win just as much as anyone else. As many have already said, if you don't want to cut and not try to win anything wait till next week. We're all on the same level, it's your choice whether or not you actually want to qualify. It's not unfair, everything you need to qualify is right there in front of you. It's your choice.
Hi 😛
#106 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:14:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FA RACING 01 Go to Quoted Post

Spot on, but you know wat they say, small things amuse small minds. Next thing will be complaining because some have bigger TV screens than others which gives an unfair advantage.

What's with all the hate on this forum these days?! I'm giving someone new some helpful advice! It's not realistic so not knowing about it puts you at a disadvantage.
This was a positive community a couple of years back, now it's full of keyboard warriors and arrogance!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:16:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#107 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:25:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LSR Wizard Go to Quoted Post
So I got something to say for all the haters. We are competing for prizes, and not only that, competing for a car thats about $37,000. Why in the world would we not do everything that is LEGAL to win? What ever is allowed in competition to get an advantage we will take advantage of. It makes no sense what some of you guys say. Oh let me just respect how real racing works and throw a chance of $37,000 down the drain. Yeah not going to happen. Everyone complaining about the three forza Marshalls at the top for cutting. It's allowed, they will do it to. They want to win just as much as anyone else. As many have already said, if you don't want to cut and not try to win anything wait till next week. We're all on the same level, it's your choice whether or not you actually want to qualify. It's not unfair, everything you need to qualify is right there in front of you. It's your choice.

Dude, don't let it get to you, ROCK ON!!!! I followed your ghost last night. I see no absolutely leaving turns out. I say KUDOS to you. You put in the time, you have the skill. GO FOR IT!!!!
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#108 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:42:40 AM(UTC)
Everyone complaining about the three forza Marshalls at the top for cutting. It's allowed, they will do it to. .

They're Marshalls? Is that what those T10 logos mean?
#109 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:48:21 AM(UTC)
Can someone answer this question. Where in rivals do we race, and where do we submit our replay?
#110 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:52:53 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:29:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#111 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 11:02:27 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to post the replays and where to post them? Also, where under the rivals option is the racing?
#112 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 11:10:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoreyTheGreat32 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how to post the replays and where to post them? Also, where under the rivals option is the racing?

http://forums.forzamotor...-prizes.aspx#post_535316

The rule about replays probably just means that the system has to have recorded the replay of your lap on the leaderboard for you in case they need to review it for legitimacy. You'll notice on some leaderboards the replay icon by the gamertag is not available (due to disconnecting or some other reason).
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#113 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 11:25:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CoreyTheGreat32 Go to Quoted Post

http://forums.forzamotor...-prizes.aspx#post_535316

The rule about replays probably just means that the system has to have recorded the replay of your lap on the leaderboard for you in case they need to review it for legitimacy. You'll notice on some leaderboards the replay icon by the gamertag is not available (due to disconnecting or some other reason).

I took it as the replays only need to be saved in the finals. When you Rival and qualify, then you are on to finals. Is this right or not? Why would you need to save a Rival qualifying lap?
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#114 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:00:07 PM(UTC)

I might be misunderstanding you, but are you implying IRL you can only shift by lifting the throttle?
#115 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:01:48 PM(UTC)
Everyone complaining about the three forza Marshalls at the top for cutting. It's allowed, they will do it to. .

They work for Turn10, not marshals (altough they could also be marshals, is not exclusive).
#116 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:18:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post

They work for Turn10, not marshals (altough they could also be marshals, is not exclusive).

T10 employees can enter this and win the prizes?? Surely not?
#117 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:23:07 PM(UTC)

I might be misunderstanding you, but are you implying IRL you can only shift by lifting the throttle?

If you mean me I'm implying IRL there is nothing to be gained from NOT lifting when changing gear, theres lots to lose though, like your pistons!
#118 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:38:33 PM(UTC)
I don't like corner cutting. I think it follows the spirit of the rules. However, the game allows it. People know the game allows it. Therefore people corner cut. Does that make it right? There are two answers to that. Yes, it is right because the games allows it. No, it is not write because it violates the spirit of the rules and may be a rule in the contest. Yes, is the simplest answer and easiest to enforce. How would you enforce the corner cutting rule is you didn't just accept a clean lap? Most corner cutting would be obvious, The problem arises when determining when a tire gets enough outside the racing surface. Since no one would know other that the judges, how would a racer know if he took a corner a little too tight and it would be considered cutting by the judges?

I also hate tire walls. I'd like to see the courses without tire walls. This are eyesores on the course and ruin the beauty of the game. However, I have to be realistic. I have to accept they are a necessity when racing, otherwise people would be cutting turns all the time. I'd like to see too copies of the course. One of the copies would have the tire walls and would be used for racing. The other copy would not have the tire walls and would be used for practice and rivals. A strict line could be set up for determining a clean lap on the course without the tires walls. Rival events would seem more fair this way. That was put in the wish list a few months ago.

I do agree with the earlier post that the corner cutting won't affect who the top 128 drivers are. They are the fastest drivers. If they were forced to drive a different line, they would do it and still be the fastest.
#119 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:59:44 PM(UTC)
Why monza was a choice is anyone's guess but bottom line. Fast drivers are always fast on anytrack. The LB positions might differ from track to track but the names up at the top are their for a reason. I'm happy being in the top 1%. I've been playing forza a long time but till I went gold a couple years back I didn't realize "how slow I was" until I raced online, then it all changed. I was no longer able to toot my own horn. Fact. Someone will always be better than you. Whether it's pushing a car or track or both to the limits. All I can do is keep grinding keep racing and just work at it. I thought I might have a shot at this first week but it's clear that's not gonna happen, there is always next week and this one isn't over I'm not giving up, but I'm not getting any hopes up. I'd just like to be there in the 128 to say I was, I know I stand no chance of catching let alone beating the top 16. Just keep grinding, however it is sad that the boundaries were not addressed in problem locals before this championship. Props to the guys at the top though for always being just that good. A little finesse goes along way.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:01:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#120 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:52:04 PM(UTC)

T10 employees can enter this and win the prizes?? Surely not?

No, They are not a part of T10, they are volunteers invited to take part in a program that is able to help out the public lobbies and kick wreckers when needed to be. The only three t10 tags I see up there are laige, box, raceboy. They do not work for t10. I think there's about 10 people in the program. If you really want to figure out what it is just go in the the thread for it instead of here.
Hi 😛
#121 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:04:00 PM(UTC)
[quote=oscarolim;535867][quote=FISH AAC;535830][quote=LSR Wizard;535817]Everyone complaining about the three forza Marshalls at the top for cutting. It's allowed, they will do it to. .

If you really want to figure out what it is just go in the the thread for it instead of here.

I'm coming to the conclusion it's a prerequisite to be arrogant and unfriendly to be considered one of turn 10's "elite".
People like yourself at the top of the table have an opportunity to have the loudest voice in this community, so try to be a bit more mature and make it a positive and welcoming environment for us mere mortals asking questions.
 8 users liked this post.
#122 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:34:41 PM(UTC)
Hi folks,

I wanted to let you know that we’ve been following this thread closely and that we do recognize the issues that players have brought up with Monza being used in qualifying for Week 1 of the ForzaRC. While our goal was to bring this track back into competitive use with our recent content update, clearly there is more work to be done. With that in mind, I’d like to apologize for any frustration this has caused.

To be clear, we will be using the track limits as defined in Forza Motorsport 6 for our qualifying Rivals events. However, for this weekend’s Week 1 Cup and Week 1 Showdown events with ESL, we will be running a different track – the Nürburgring GP.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#123 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:46:00 PM(UTC)
It's really good to know that you guys are listening Brian, thank you.
 4 users liked this post.
#124 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 5:37:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to let you know that we’ve been following this thread closely and that we do recognize the issues that players have brought up with Monza being used in qualifying for Week 1 of the ForzaRC. While our goal was to bring this track back into competitive use with our recent content update, clearly there is more work to be done. With that in mind, I’d like to apologize for any frustration this has caused.

To be clear, we will be using the track limits as defined in Forza Motorsport 6 for our qualifying Rivals events. However, for this weekend’s Week 1 Cup and Week 1 Showdown events with ESL, we will be running a different track – the Nürburgring GP.

Thanks,
Brian

There are at least hundreds of players who could have told you precisely what was wrong with that track before you "fixed" it, and hundreds of players who could have told you it was still broken afterwards, before you selected it for this event.

Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere?
#125 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:24:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

At least you guys are looking. The problem is why would anything outside if the white lines ever be clean. Seems like someone dropped the ball big time.

That being said I could never match the times of the top guys even if I cut and they didn't. However I've lost respect for Raceboy and all the top guys who cheat. And that's exactly what it is cheating.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:55:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error