2 Pages12Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 1:35:17 AM(UTC)
I've just been driving the first qualifier trying to get a good laptime. I got a 2.08.718 and I was super happy. But in the ranking it showed the time of a dirty 17 minutes lap. When I was then driving 2 laps, it showed the time of 4.31.563. It looks like the times are taken from the overall-time and not the lap time. Did anyone else than me notice that?

Edited by user Monday, August 8, 2016 1:36:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 1:39:54 AM(UTC)
I was literally about to post the same thing. It's counting overall time rather then fastest lap. However it doesn't seem to be affecting all players.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 1:40:59 AM(UTC)
I'm having the same problem, I've reset my game and console and neither has fixed the issue. I've beaten the rival that's ahead of me multiple times now, and each time I've beaten them I've ended the session only to go back and find out that it still says my time is the same as the first lap I ran.
#4 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 2:12:30 AM(UTC)
Yup, same here. Managed a 02:10:365 and my 'time' ends up being a 06:50:197. Please help T10 if ya can.
Good to be back!

My Forzatography Gallery - http://forums.forzamotor...Gallery.aspx#post_358889
#5 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 2:19:00 AM(UTC)
#6 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 2:29:20 AM(UTC)
Same for me, says my best time is 11:xx:xx. I promise that I got round the track quicker than 11mins !!!
#7 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 2:31:23 AM(UTC)
jepp, me too... dont they test things?
i tried doing only first lap, then quit. so i got the time for my first lap pluss three seconds it takes to press the button and end.. lol
im not fast - so 2.18 on first lap pluss 2,5 seconds after first lap - loggs yr totaltime.
#8 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 2:50:54 AM(UTC)
same thing for me
#9 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 3:03:10 AM(UTC)
1 lap guys
#10 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 3:09:01 AM(UTC)
This event should not be open yet anyway. Maybe it's a kinda of "accidentely release protection".
Signature loading please wait ...
#11 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 3:13:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BAM b0x Go to Quoted Post
This event should not be open yet anyway. Maybe it's a kinda of "accidentely release protection".

I believe it is Monday everywhere in the world now? 7.13 Monday PM here
#12 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 3:14:41 AM(UTC)
"The Rivals leaderboard opens up August 8, 15, and 22nd at 8 a.m. PDT (5 pm CEST) ..."

We do not have this time yet.
Signature loading please wait ...
#13 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 3:17:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BAM b0x Go to Quoted Post
"The Rivals leaderboard opens up August 8, 15, and 22nd at 8 a.m. PDT (5 pm CEST) ..."

We do not have this time yet.

I didn't know that thanks at least they have time to fix it ifs it is a mistake
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 3:21:38 AM(UTC)
Good to see I'm not the only one having this...

Twitter: @RyHirons
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 4:10:03 AM(UTC)
I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you "legitimately" cut corners then you will never get in the top 128 anyway.

Turn 10 needs to realize that the white/yellow line round the track is the actual track limit. The curbs are not actually part of the track.
#16 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 4:23:51 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Monday, August 8, 2016 4:25:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 4:51:27 AM(UTC)
To be completely honest, don't even bother with this weeks rivals event. Monza is INCREDIBLY easy to cheat and go 4 wheels off the track in the first two chicanes, as well as the entrance and exit to Ascari. If you intend to be in the Top-128 I can guarantee you will have to be cheating like everyone else. A perfect clean lap might be as low as a 2:07:XXX but a lap with all the cuts previously mentioned can be as low as a 2:03:XXX and still be listed as clean. Save yourself the trouble folks its the week of the cutters...
#18 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:00:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zabbzi Go to Quoted Post
To be completely honest, don't even bother with this weeks rivals event. Monza is INCREDIBLY easy to cheat and go 4 wheels off the track in the first two chicanes, as well as the entrance and exit to Ascari. If you intend to be in the Top-128 I can guarantee you will have to be cheating like everyone else. A perfect clean lap might be as low as a 2:07:XXX but a lap with all the cuts previously mentioned can be as low as a 2:03:XXX and still be listed as clean. Save yourself the trouble folks its the week of the cutters...

A perfect lap without any cutting at all is around mid or low 2:05, not 2:07.
You can save around 1.5 secs with all these cuts.
But YES it's really not nice to cut like this, but as T10 didn't patch this, we have to deal with it and drive our best time in the game limits.
I asked a few days ago if cutting is allowed during rivals & races, I got no answer. So for me it's a default Yes.

#19 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:09:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BAM Seven Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zabbzi Go to Quoted Post

A perfect lap without any cutting at all is around mid or low 2:05, not 2:07.
You can save around 1.5 secs with all these cuts.
But YES it's really not nice to cut like this, but as T10 didn't patch this, we have to deal with it and drive our best time in the game limits.
I asked a few days ago if cutting is allowed during rivals & races, I got no answer. So for me it's a default Yes.

They did patch Monza. They just patched it incompetently.
#20 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:22:41 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're taking a look now.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#21 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:25:41 AM(UTC)
Same thing for me.
#22 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:31:08 AM(UTC)
@HeliosT10
Thank god someone from T10 noticed this forum :)

Edited by user Monday, August 8, 2016 5:31:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:35:44 AM(UTC)
Exact same issue here. Put down a high 2.09 and checked the rankings to see a 7+ minute lap, and it was dirty. Hope they sort this out very soon...

Signature
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 6:19:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post

They did patch Monza. They just patched it incompetently.

You're my hero.

Somehow i am really not surprised that there is an issue with this competition. For something that has so many terms and conditions and has a prize value of like $50000, surely T10 should have their **** together. i know i don't have a chance of winning or even being close, but knowing there are people that intentionally exploit T10's **** collision detection for track limits makes me not even want to see where i would be on the leaderboards. If Project cars can do a better job of cheat detection when it had sod all budget and kept getting pushed back because it wasn't ready, how comes T10 and Microsoft studios cant do the same.

i guess they are too busy trying to milk all the DLC they can out of each game.

Bloody Shambles!
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 6:37:18 AM(UTC)
I'm having the same issue, I set a 2:14 several times but it won't post on the leader board. I'm always still racing against my old rival from 2:22. Even if I pick a new rival from the leader board I'll race him and beat him but the game just won't update my old time and will automatically pit me against the same rival setting a 2:22.

Watching the replays from the guys at the top of the leader boards I'm disappointed that this appears to be a "how much can you exceed the track limits and get away with it" competition. That's fine in of itself but not every corner has the same "cheating" parameters and so it's not consistent.

The track limits should just be all four wheels off the track all the way round the track, then at least everyone would know where they stand.
I'm currently just playing a game of how much can I cut chicane one and post a clean time, which isn't fun to me, and not racing
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error