3 Pages123PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 2:28:18 AM(UTC)
When you wanna win stuff, but you're one of maybe five people that still don't have an Xbox One...

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#27 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 2:40:20 AM(UTC)
Can we only play the qualifying series on the 8/8? I'd like to get the car for setting a time but i'm on holiday as of tomorrow, will I still be able to get the car when I get back on 21st?
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 3:30:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post
When you wanna win stuff, but you're one of maybe five people that still don't have an Xbox One...

When you wanna win stuff but know you aren't good enough to win the good stuff.

but then still play for fun

#29 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 3:43:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post

Then it's a sign that it's time ...................

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#30 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 6:28:38 AM(UTC)
How long does it uasely takes before we show up in the participants list ?

I signed up several hours ago with my Xbox gamer tag and still dont see my self in there ?
#31 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 7:27:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JoystickChick95 Go to Quoted Post
Can we only play the qualifying series on the 8/8? I'd like to get the car for setting a time but i'm on holiday as of tomorrow, will I still be able to get the car when I get back on 21st?

If you participate only in week 3 you should still get the 1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III – with a custom ForzaRC Open Series livery that will be unique for that week of competition.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#32 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 8:39:06 AM(UTC)
What about track limits for Rivals qualifications?

Monza for example can be still cutted quite a lot, and it's unfait and not realistic at all. Will there be penalties for track cutting or not?
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 9:39:13 AM(UTC)
Hmmm.... I'm not sure what's going, everybody (and the advert) says the 8th, yet ESL CLEARLY says the 28th. It also says my next match is in 23 days, 4 hours, and 20 minutes...
#34 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 10:41:31 AM(UTC)
This may or may not be a dumb question.

I wanted to sign up for the Open Series. Under ESL Open Cups, there lists four items: FRC Season 1 Elite Cup #1, FRC Season 1 Elite Cup #2, FRC Season 1 Elite Cup #3, and FRC Season 1 Open. I assume I just sign up under the fourth option, FRC Season 1 Open? Which is apparently 23 days from now?

Edited by user Friday, August 5, 2016 10:42:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
#35 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 1:09:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M3NAC3 360 Go to Quoted Post
When you wanna win stuff but know you aren't good enough to win the good stuff...

When you're actually top 100, but the top 5 guys are still a full second faster than you...

Originally Posted by: FA RACING 01 Go to Quoted Post
Then it's a sign that it's time ...................

I'm waiting for Scorpio.

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#36 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 4:01:06 PM(UTC)
OK, I understand the prizes and the ultimate gift and the declaration that it is open to all levels of racers. But honestly, for you to be in the top 16 or top 4 you have to be incredibly fast and that doesn't come overnight but over months and possibly years. So the way I see it is that these championships are really just an avenue to reward the top fastest players cause if you're not fast enough to qualify each week the top 16 for the Elite series, you're wasting your time. I'm not all that impressed by this championship at all.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#37 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 4:18:36 PM(UTC)
Which ford cars will be used in the cycled leagues? wanna know which ones to get some decent liveries on for racing
#38 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 7:05:11 PM(UTC)
I had a major question that will aid in my sign up. Are we restricted to only 1 Elite Cup or can we sign up for all three? It is very unclear on this before choosing one. Is it we only pick one and hope we place for the final 12 or have "3 chances" to get in the top final 12?
#39 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 4:01:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TUS ForceOne Go to Quoted Post
Wish I wasn't a racing driver irl sometimes, my Saturday's aren't free during the summer. :( Will try to participate when I can tho, and congrats to TX3 Laige in advance for winning the Focus ;)

Lol, I wonder what colour Laige would like this RS in?
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 4:42:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M3NAC3 360 Go to Quoted Post
Such a shame that it is 1 on 1 nonsense. Has Turn 10 never watched Motorsports?

I signed up for the Open Championship. Although the prizes will be a kick in the teeth for those who bought the expansions and car pass. And why doesn't the Open championship have some method of giving players the chance to win Horizon 3 or an Xbox?

If you took part in the MLG 1v1 qualifying tournaments you would know that 1v1 works really well.
#41 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 4:44:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xXxDarkGhostxXx Go to Quoted Post
I had a major question that will aid in my sign up. Are we restricted to only 1 Elite Cup or can we sign up for all three? It is very unclear on this before choosing one. Is it we only pick one and hope we place for the final 12 or have "3 chances" to get in the top final 12?

If you don't make top 4, sign up for the next ones.

You have 3 chances to make the grand finale.
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 8:59:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post
Time to practice hard to try to get the NASCAR DLC.
The Ford is definitely out of my league :p

I hear ya'! I've been eyeing that NASCAR tidbit for a while. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to snag it this way. Thanks for the opportunity, T10!
#43 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 5:18:43 PM(UTC)
The thing that has been grinding my gears as of late is the top 50% tidbit for the Open Prizes.

Drivers who have just entered pinnacle (or any division for that matter) have a very low tru-score. As a result, they earn over 2400 points even when they finish 5th or 6th. As we've seen time after time, new players to a division almost always dominate the points leaderboard, scoring well over 100k and even in some cases 200k points in one week.

Meanwhile I, a person who has been playing in pinnacle since the 3rd week of leagues (I assume) has a very high truscore. I only score 2400 points when I win in a 24 person lobby - a rare occurrence anymore the way things have been. As a result, I'm lucky to score 60-70k points in a week, even if I beat a newer driver time and time again for the duration of a week.

The point is, how can this system be fair? I'm not for an everybody gets a trophy plan (I hate that to be exact) but I am for an everybody gets a fair shot system. It would be nice if points were not based on Tru-skill for the duration of the FRC so that seasoned drivers aren't disadvantaged against the new recruits when battling to be inside the top 50%.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to change the way points are scored.- or if it is even possible - but I think it should be considered with the size of this contest.

Edited by user Saturday, August 6, 2016 5:19:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 5:20:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FORMULA ONE 44 Go to Quoted Post
OK, I understand the prizes and the ultimate gift and the declaration that it is open to all levels of racers. But honestly, for you to be in the top 16 or top 4 you have to be incredibly fast and that doesn't come overnight but over months and possibly years. So the way I see it is that these championships are really just an avenue to reward the top fastest players cause if you're not fast enough to qualify each week the top 16 for the Elite series, you're wasting your time. I'm not all that impressed by this championship at all.

Still lots of very nice prizes to be won in the Open events!
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#45 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 7:43:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BAM Seven Go to Quoted Post

Monza for example can be still cutted quite a lot, and it's unfait and not realistic at all. Will there be penalties for track cutting or not?

Cut? Where? I always broke my nose and the wall/tyres...
#46 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 9:10:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BAM Seven Go to Quoted Post

I too would like to know. While I appreciate that the cut detection on Monza is well off the actual track limits will ESL/Turn10 watch all the qualifying replays and ensure that there is no corner cutting, or do we just accept that it's based on what the game decides is a "clean" lap

I would really appreciate an answer as I've already set a time without the traditional Monza corner cuts but I know I can get 2 odd seconds if I do the "legitimate" cuts
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 12:30:11 PM(UTC)
The thing that has been grinding my gears as of late is the top 50% tidbit for the Open Prizes.

Drivers who have just entered pinnacle (or any division for that matter) have a very low tru-score. As a result, they earn over 2400 points even when they finish 5th or 6th. As we've seen time after time, new players to a division almost always dominate the points leaderboard, scoring well over 100k and even in some cases 200k points in one week.

Meanwhile I, a person who has been playing in pinnacle since the 3rd week of leagues (I assume) has a very high truscore. I only score 2400 points when I win in a 24 person lobby - a rare occurrence anymore the way things have been. As a result, I'm lucky to score 60-70k points in a week, even if I beat a newer driver time and time again for the duration of a week.

The point is, how can this system be fair? I'm not for an everybody gets a trophy plan (I hate that to be exact) but I am for an everybody gets a fair shot system. It would be nice if points were not based on Tru-skill for the duration of the FRC so that seasoned drivers aren't disadvantaged against the new recruits when battling to be inside the top 50%.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to change the way points are scored.- or if it is even possible - but I think it should be considered with the size of this contest.

I didn't realize this is how the point system worked, until now. I agree that for the contest to be fair it should be equal points for all.

I normally race in ghost leagues and am finding this Racing Championship format frustrating. It is not really based on skill when you get wrecked just about every race and it is near impossible to run a clean lap unless you pit and stick to the back. I wish they would have kept ghost and collision leagues for this contest. As of now I am not seeing any other leagues to compete in besides the championship and Porsche. Guess I will just try to make the top 50% to get the dlc and end it at that because getting wrecked constantly is not what I consider fun.

#48 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 1:02:01 PM(UTC)
well, I spent the weekend working my ***. off getting quick in the Mustang... thought I was getting there and just saw the leaderboards. 2:03? [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] people :p

Watching the replays... its clear why people are so fast... Smooth as silk driving. Its so damn hard to be that smooth with a game pad, yet most of the wheels that are available for non Fanatec costs ($1400), are kind of **** . (I had an old Fanatec PWTS wheel and CSP pedals for the XB360 and loved it... but cant afford to replace it with its 200% cost cousins for the XB1).

It is fun watching the fastest guys get it done in that car though!

Edited by user Monday, August 8, 2016 1:40:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#49 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 6:09:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JibbersHCrabst Go to Quoted Post
well, I spent the weekend working my ***. off getting quick in the Mustang... thought I was getting there and just saw the leaderboards. 2:03? [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] people :p

Watching the replays... its clear why people are so fast... Smooth as silk driving. Its so damn hard to be that smooth with a game pad, yet most of the wheels that are available for non Fanatec costs ($1400), are kind of **** . (I had an old Fanatec PWTS wheel and CSP pedals for the XB360 and loved it... but cant afford to replace it with its 200% cost cousins for the XB1).

It is fun watching the fastest guys get it done in that car though!

Pretty much everyone uses the controller. With that being said the top guys certainly are smooth, and they make it look easy :)
#50 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:18:00 AM(UTC)

Pretty much everyone uses the controller. With that being said the top guys certainly are smooth, and they make it look easy :)

After doing some research I realized that many are using the gamepad/controller. Which is impressive

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error