7 Pages<<567Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 1:43:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
A lot of people in this thread are blaming the devs, or VW, but it may not be either of their decision but still VW's fault. With the recent rulings against VW it's likely the EU officials have come to a deal with VW that includes no advertising or promotion in various ways. So they may be able to have a billboard ad up, but not during a sporting event on TV, or be allowed to run promotions of their own, but not be promoted by others, such as in a game. Any of that could mean VW's hands are tied, so they can't licence their brand during the current climate. The EU are beginning to get very heavy handed with companies that are flouting the rules.
To be honest if companies didn't think they were above the law, this wouldn't happen. So it's still definitely VW's fault whatever the reason they're not in game, it just may be they don't have a choice in not licensing their brand. Even if the devs CHOSE not to licence VW it's still VW's fault for cheating their emissions tests.

So banging on at the devs about this is any way around quite ridiculous.
If you're gonna miss out on everything Horizon 3 has to offer because of this, that's your choice. It's a silly one to deny yourself the fun because you're so inflexible, but that's just my opinion. There are several cars that should be in, and a number of manufacturers are missing for my tastes, but Horizon is as much about the open world, music and festival as the cars. I mean i understand people missing Porsche, it's a premium brand. But VW? Anyone can drive a VW for real, we've got a Lambo Centenario and a Warthog! But no VW Jetta is the end of the world? lol
As I said each to their own, but i feel you're going to miss out on a lot in this life if you're so inflexible. Why not focus on what we have got instead of what we haven't? Yeah, no VW stings and i love tearing it up with an Golf R, but i have trophy trucks and 3 wheeled vans to look forward to instead!

I've been away for done time now dealing with real life matters, but seeing your reply Mitch's had me agree wholeheartedly and to say I agree.

Plus, I'm often amused at some members of the gaming fraternity that state they (and everyone else) are going to boycott Turn 10 etc because of a car not appearing in a game that has over the 00 cars, and will grow to ideally exceed 600+ cars.

If ppl can't see past the real facts of a situation, then it doesn't say much about their maturity.

We have no control over big businesses and how they deal with each other on a GLOBAL scale. There's so many rules and restrictions coming into every aspect of our lives. Aspects that are changing how we enjoy our free time, and interact with others.

We need to relax a little, enjoy what's been dealt us, and do the very best with what's in front of us. Because, in the future, we might not have the great things we now enjoy and take for granted.

Just relax, have fun, and chew up the Aussie countryside and build those street beasts I've seen popping up on my Facebook feed. Great looking ride AB....

OZ

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 1:44:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#152 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:49:46 AM(UTC)
Is there any official announcement from Turn 10 about this lack of VW branded cars? Seems to make no sense since they included Audi/Lamborghini/Bentley - if it was dieselgate - then that is stuff because just don't include any TDIs or how about just all of the Volkswagen Auto Group? I'm pretty ticked I can't drive my GTIs or Golf Rs, R32 and vintage Scrioccos....
#153 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:55:05 AM(UTC)
I know that Audi AG owned Volkswagon for many years in addition to Lamborghini but why isn't there any V-Dub's in Forza Horizon 3?!?...the Volkswagon GTI, R32 Golf, Bora, Corrado, Passat, and Beetle would have fit in perfectly with the Australian theme...maybe these cars have been used so much in the past few games that it was decided to go in different direction...the Mazda RX7 FB, FC, and FD series model cars are also missing...also the 3000GT from Mitsubishi...maybe the current creative team who comes up with the DLC is planning to do what they did with the Nisaan S 14 recently...make it available as part of a in game challenge...which is fun...a easy to obtain Unicorn car or the alternative...make it only available for DLC purchase unless you become a VIP member...either way, I miss the R32 Golf ...model years 1998 to 2010 ...it is a solid performers for a front wheel drive car,,,,BMW. Mercedes Benz, GM, Ford, Honda, Nissan, and Toyota always have at least 5 to 10 makes/models to represent their respective brands.,,,why did Volkswagon get left out in the cold?!?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:56:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#154 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:58:02 AM(UTC)
Volkswagon did not provide the license for their cars to be used. I believe it had something to do with the emissions scandal they went through recently.

As far as the FD RX-7, it is in the game and can be won through wheelspins and a midnight battle.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#155 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:13:44 PM(UTC)
Quote:
I miss the R32 Golf ...model years 1998 to 2010 ...it is a solid performers for a front wheel drive car,,,

The R32 is AWD not FWD, and production started in 2001

Edited by user Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:16:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#156 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:56:26 AM(UTC)
Nothing to do with emissions!!!!!!

And if its was to do with the emissions then why are they allowed to keep racing, advertising, scale models/toy cars and allowed to still be in the in released GT sport but not Forza, seems an odd sanction for a governing body. Its like saying to Mitsubishi (cheating on MPG/ L/100km) you can advertise on TV, you can race/sell race cars, you can appear in GT Sport and Forza, Hot Wheels, Spark, Matchbox can make model/toys but you aren't allowed to have your cars in Assetto Corsa. I'm surprised people on here haven't started a rumour that Citroën only appears in the American developed Motorsport titles and not the British developed Horizon titles because stereotypically we aren't supposed to get along with the Fro... err I mean French ;).
#157 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:44:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
Nothing to do with emissions!!!!!!

And if its was to do with the emissions then why are they allowed to keep racing, advertising, scale models/toy cars and allowed to still be in the in released GT sport but not Forza, seems an odd sanction for a governing body. Its like saying to Mitsubishi (cheating on MPG/ L/100km) you can advertise on TV, you can race/sell race cars, you can appear in GT Sport and Forza, Hot Wheels, Spark, Matchbox can make model/toys but you aren't allowed to have your cars in Assetto Corsa. I'm surprised people on here haven't started a rumour that Citroën only appears in the American developed Motorsport titles and not the British developed Horizon titles because stereotypically we aren't supposed to get along with the Fro... err I mean French ;).

Yeah, I was wrong it has nothing to do with emissions. Apparently it had something to do with a disagreement between T10 and VW.

http://xboxtavern.com/vo...t-be-in-forza-horizon-3/
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#158 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:08:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soules Reaper Go to Quoted Post
I'm still waiting to see the Mazda rx7 and the gen 1 mazda miata announced. Cant have rocket bunny kits in the game and not the rx7 lol.

It's already in the game with a bunny kit ;)
 3 users liked this post.
#159 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:59:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
About 5-10 million each on the IMSA and after a sabbatical the WEC Porsche GTE programme, their WRC VW Polo Programme and the PWC and Blancpain Bentley GT3 programme. They have factory support of Audi, Lamborghini and Porsche in GT3. VW, Seat and soon to be Audi in TCR, although the TCR and GT3 are actually money makers for VAG, probably the same for the Skoda ERC programme as they sell lots of customer cars.

Christ, I don't think I've ever seen so many acronyms in one sentence.
#160 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:08:01 AM(UTC)
I was hoping to see it in horizon 3 like all other forzas. :(
#161 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:39:24 PM(UTC)
Why there is no VW cars?
I mean like Golf R/passat cc/leon cupra/Skoda VRS...
There is a reason why they are not adding VW in general?..
Because i would really like to see them in game because i really like those 4 cars..

[Mod Edit - thread merged, see above - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:54:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#162 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 4:29:43 PM(UTC)
They're in all the othe Forza games so you have that. After being a longtime Mazda owner, I now drive VW so I feel your pain.

-k
#163 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 8:22:11 AM(UTC)
I like the game it's a beautiful game, only one disappointment no Volkswagens , why ???? It would be the best game ever cool
#164 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 1:08:59 PM(UTC)
If they were going to add Volkswagens into this game, they should definitely add the Baja Bug and the 2016 Beetle Dune to coincide with the offroad gameplay.
#165 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 1:17:39 PM(UTC)
not sure how many times it needs to be repeated but there will not be any VWs in the game

https://forums.forzamoto...ost--47.aspx#post_543060

#166 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 6:48:39 AM(UTC)
The emissions issue affected more than them being in a video game. I work for Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and ever since the emissions scandal, i have not seen a single brand new VW come into our fleet. And I work for Administration, and I see our new cars come in on the carriers every day. And not one has been a VW. Before that, we've had VW's ranging from the Beetle (turbo, nonturbo even convertible) golf, golf GTIs, passats, ect.

We still get plenty of Audis however, but as far as VW itself? Not seen for over a year.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#167 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:59:00 PM(UTC)
It's probably because of them falsifying their emissions. Oh well, there is another way to put them in. PHOTOSHOP. Take your own screenshot in-game and when it's on the xbox app save it on your computer. Then get any Volkswagen image and your screenshot, cut out the car and slap it on your in-game screenshot.

Edited by user Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:03:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

We will miss them.
 1 user liked this post.
#168 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 5:26:42 PM(UTC)
I agree, but god i really want the corrado back... I miss the time in the first horrizon where i just cruise with her, dreaming of the day when I'll buy one
#169 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 11:21:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TeddyFatDuckz Go to Quoted Post
I agree, but god i really want the corrado back... I miss the time in the first horrizon where i just cruise with her, dreaming of the day when I'll buy one

My first Car was a 95 Corrado, i feel your pain

honestly, i would pay for a large VW addon
 2 users liked this post.
#170 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 11:44:42 AM(UTC)
At this point they're not coming. Play Horizon 2... Problem solved.

-k
#171 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 3:41:49 PM(UTC)
I find it silly that we still never got a good reason why VW is not in the game. Every single VAG brand is in the game except for VW. Now that we got Porsches is there any way were ever going to get vw? I miss my golfs!
#172 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 3:46:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirNLeo Go to Quoted Post
I find it silly that we still never got a good reason why VW is not in the game. Every single VAG brand is in the game except for VW. Now that we got Porsches is there any way were ever going to get vw? I miss my golfs!

No
 1 user liked this post.
#173 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 3:33:12 AM(UTC)
Lately i've been returning more and more to Horizon 2 just to tune and shred with Mk1's & 2's. Just once a week to complete a forzathon last couple of months. VR6 turbo's R32's and all that are still a big miss for me in FH3. i remember in FM4 you had so many choices for engine swaps for the old golfs. VR6, 1.8T, 2.0TFSI, R32 etc. and then to turbo or supercharge them. All wich are done in real life too. Not putting a vtec engine in a VW, so not done in the VW scene. *Sigh, too bad :( Oh well, off to castelletto then :) . Would be great if Horizon 4 could be a Germany, Austria, swiss based game including the Wortersee. For european car fans this would be a dream come true.
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error