7 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:26:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Samurai Will X Go to Quoted Post
Based on Fulton's statement, could it be due to some licensing issue? I mean there are other Volkswagen Audi Group brands in the game which is strange so maybe it's something else.

My guess is its cause the whole VW scandal that happened last year.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34324772

Edited by user Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:27:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:06:38 AM(UTC)
Has been a long time I've visited this place but the announcement of FH3 got me excited. I simply was wondering if there is any news to share about the absence of Peugeot? It has been in almost all the Forza's and its representation in FH3 is an important "buy factor" to me.

Flickr | PSN: P308R | Twitter
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:14:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PEUGEOTIC Go to Quoted Post
Has been a long time I've visited this place but the announcement of FH3 got me excited. I simply was wondering if there is any news to share about the absence of Peugeot? It has been in almost all the Forza's and its representation in FH3 is an important "buy factor" to me.

I haven't herd any thing on Peugeot. Never really thought about it either lol. That is interesting as to why they arnt in the game.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:51:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soules Reaper Go to Quoted Post
Based on Fulton's statement, could it be due to some licensing issue? I mean there are other Volkswagen Audi Group brands in the game which is strange so maybe it's something else.

Do a little more research mate, it only applies to certain desire models, not their entire ranges.

I've posted a link to the articles outlining the various model on a previous page mate.

There are NO VWs going to be in Horizon 3 - sadly.

So Buck up chaps, you'll just have to do without the -oddly little beasties...

And that's from the man himself at Playground Games.

OZ
 3 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:56:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

Do a little more research mate, it only applies to certain desire models, not their entire ranges.

I've posted a link to the articles outlining the various model on a previous page mate.

There are NO VWs going to be in Horizon 3 - sadly.

So Buck up chaps, you'll just have to do without the -oddly little beasties...

And that's from the man himself at Playground Games.

OZ

Read what I said a little more dude. I said my guess, that doesn't mean its true I was just guessing its not confirmed that's the reason that's just my opinion.

OPINION
noun
noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:59:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:02:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PEUGEOTIC Go to Quoted Post

I haven't herd any thing on Peugeot. Never really thought about it either lol. That is interesting as to why they arnt in the game.

Well they are now: The 205 t16 slipped into todays week 6 announcment :)
 5 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:16:27 AM(UTC)
I'm not saying it was probably Dieselgate.

But it was probably Dieselgate.
One of "The 50"
 3 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:24:27 AM(UTC)
The absence is worrying me. My collection ingame isn't complete with out the classic Scirocco or Corrado
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:29:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

Specifically, I think what happened was that all the Volkswagen-owned companies are allowed to make license deals independently (Not fully sure, but think so) and that Volkswagen wanted lots and lots of money for their brand so they could get some money to pay off Dieselgate, but Turn 10 pretty much just said nope, I ain't giving you that kinda cash.
 4 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:27:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jawsoflife353 Go to Quoted Post

Specifically, I think what happened was that all the Volkswagen-owned companies are allowed to make license deals independently (Not fully sure, but think so) and that Volkswagen wanted lots and lots of money for their brand so they could get some money to pay off Dieselgate, but Turn 10 pretty much just said nope, I ain't giving you that kinda cash.

If thats true then VW just hurts themselves even more. Video games is the new show room and helps with sales.
 2 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:37:28 AM(UTC)

Do you really think a multi-billion company wants to pay off something like that by pushing the price up for a licensing deal for a computer game? You funny....

#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:59:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McBoom Box Go to Quoted Post

Do you really think a multi-billion company wants to pay off something like that by pushing the price up for a licensing deal for a computer game? You funny....

If VW was that desperate to get out of it then yes.
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:21:25 PM(UTC)

That was one of my two theories. The other being that they're taking such a large publicity hit that they're "lying low" for a bit, and not being in games is one way to help. Yes, other brands under the conglomerate are in, but people generally associate the scandal with VW, and some people may be ignorant of the fact that Audi, Bentley, Porsche, etc. are all under the VW umbrella. Not so much car people, but your everyday pedestrian, maybe.

I could understand paying for Ferrari and everything that comes with it. I could understand paying for Porsche and everything that comes with it. A bit harder to think about paying for some Golfs and Sciroccos.

Originally Posted by: McBoom Box Go to Quoted Post

Considering they have a multi-billion dollar payment to make, and if they think they can get some money out of it, I do.
One of "The 50"
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:23:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
Very upsetting to hear. Back in the days I had a Hyundai Tiburon and by the time I got xbox one, Forza discontinues the Tiburon. Now I finally bought a Golf GTI, now Forza Horizon 3 won't have it in the game? Uhhhh! I hope this isn't true!

It is true. Stated by Ralph Fulton. Seeing they announced just about the hole car list not a single VW nor Porsche in the game despite seeing what everyone thought was a Porsche in one of the videos for FH3.

I wouldn't lump VW and Porsche together. Whilst VW are definitely out, it could still have been a Porsche that was spotted. Just because they aren't in the car list so far (even if it's a complete launch list) it doesn't mean that they won't make it to the game through dlc. It happened before and they haven't added RUF's yet so there's still hope for Porsche. :-)
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:36:22 PM(UTC)
What some people fail to realize is that its not always Turn 10s fault we don't get certain cars. They have to get the rights to use certain cars in game, and if the company says "no", or say that it can only be used for certain games, as we've seen Porsche do many times in the past, then there isn't much Turn 10 can do. There are so many companies that we're in Forza 4 that weren't in any other Forza game (i.e. De Tomaso Pantera, Lambo Sesto Elemento). I don't know all of this for sure, but I can believe Turn 10 would just NOT add the cars we've been asking for forever, there has to be a reason.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:39:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TooVeryLegit Go to Quoted Post
What some people fail to realize is that its not always Turn 10s fault we don't get certain cars. They have to get the rights to use certain cars in game, and if the company says "no", or say that it can only be used for certain games, as we've seen Porsche do many times in the past, then there isn't much Turn 10 can do. There are so many companies that we're in Forza 4 that weren't in any other Forza game (i.e. De Tomaso Pantera, Lambo Sesto Elemento). I don't know all of this for sure, but I can believe Turn 10 would just NOT add the cars we've been asking for forever, there has to be a reason.

I don't see why Porsche would say not to forza series, but say yes to need for speed.
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:40:32 PM(UTC)
They need a MK5 GTI or a 2006-09 GTI. That would be awesome.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:55:52 PM(UTC)
My guess, a rather pessimistic guess, is:

I know Volkswagen has to pay a hefty fine to the DOT and EPA as a result of the scandal. Microsoft could have been making licensing agreements while VW was under investigation, and made an agreement. The federal government finds out, believing that Microsoft was secretly helping out VW pay the fine and threatening legal action. Better to be safe than sorry.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:23:27 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know why THERE AREN'T ANY VOLKSWAGENS IN THE GAME AT ALL?
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:02:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TooVeryLegit Go to Quoted Post

I don't see why Porsche would say not to forza series, but say yes to need for speed.

Because EA own the rights to Porsche in the digital world. Other games can only include Porsche if EA allow it.

Click for FH5 Gallery
#71 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:16:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: de CHIGGMO Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know why THERE AREN'T ANY VOLKSWAGENS IN THE GAME AT ALL?
There are people who know, but they cannot talk about it.

2 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:24:59 PM(UTC)
This would mean a serious step back for me, and a lot of european VW enthusiasts i think. I personally have been racing and modifying the MK2 Golf since Forza motorsport 2, and all of a sudden, the whole brand would be out. Sorry Turn10, but this is making me reconsider buying the game at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:08:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GentleGTI Jim Go to Quoted Post
This would mean a serious step back for me, and a lot of european VW enthusiasts i think. I personally have been racing and modifying the MK2 Golf since Forza motorsport 2, and all of a sudden, the whole brand would be out. Sorry Turn10, but this is making me reconsider buying the game at all.

Wow, all over one brand and model of car.

From here in Australia, we've had to wait for 6 iterations before we got a few cars. We LOVE our cars, especially those that originate here. As we love nothing more than building up our beasts from ground up. But I don't see many of us wanting to throw in the towel simply because our model and types of cars aren't included.

We've been blessed by Tirn 10 and Zplayground games.deciding to pick Australia to hide the next iteration of Horizon. I own a neat Polo, and it's a great car. A friend has a quick Polo GTi turbo 6 speed, and she's done quite a bit to it.

We built them very Cal Kustom style over here, and they suit our outback a great deal being air cooked, they help by not being reliant on water in the outback. Which to us out there, is like pure gold.

So we love those neat air cooled monsters, as well as their water cooled models.

Let's not get a;l bent out of shape because a model doesn't appear in a video game. It's not reality, and we just need to be thankful for the great cars that are in it, and the ones that are yet to be announced.

We can expect a garage of around 600-650+ cars, and the DLCs will revile many we're wanting. But alas, no VWs, right now. Who knows what might happen in 6 months time?

Whatever it is that's holding either The Developers or Volkswagon Motor Group back from coming to terms over these cars, hopefully that in time, it can be resolved. At least it's not affecting the other models in their huge Motoring Group, such as Audi etc.

Don't take it personally, I'm simply passing an observation, nothing more.

OZ
#74 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:56:46 AM(UTC)
Lol, VW is not included?

There might be political reasons for that. US authorities have uncovered the scandal, so VW doesn't want to sell licenses to US companies.

Can't imagine that they would refuse money for 'license only', where VW has to do nothing.
#75 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:41:40 AM(UTC)
In my opinion I believe Turn 10 themselves didn't want to even include VW in the game in the first place, this whole thing about dieselgate seems a tad bit off to me don't you guys think it would off been said? I mean if its not in Forza because of this then I highly doubt it would still be in Gran Turismo Sport and especially in one of the first trailers for it, It seems to me that either turn10 wanted to drop them and didn't bother renewing the license and playground games was not happy about it or GTS has taken the rights for it not allowing other games to have it. To be honest I'm not surprised this is just how T10 works now.
7 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error